[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the definitive jump the shark moment is approaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault-4.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-4.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
Do you think the definitive jump the shark moment is approaching us? I say it will be in one of the Sand Snek scenes. Bad pussay was pretty terrible but I have a feeling we're going to hit rock bottom soon with the way these episodes are being written.
>>
No, the shit the bed moment happened when the fucking Night's King showed up.
>>
>>69003249
i will be when they teleport behind tommen kill him and get away with it
>>
>>69003249
Yeah, the show has been riding so strong, it's only a matter of time before it goes to shit, you oblivious fucking retard.
>>
They'll actually ride sharks that can jump the walls of King's Landing
>>
>>69003249
Ellaria killing Doran and telling him Dorne hates him because he's kept everyone in Dorne safe then Obara killing Trystane in order to honour and avenge Oberyn and all of Doran's personal guard being totally okay with it because muh Elia was the jump-the-shark moment.

It's been going downhill for a while, but that was the Event Horizon. They've cemented it in a barrel of fuck and there's no coming back.
>>
File: 1460318466334.jpg (41 KB, 749x512) Image search: [Google]
1460318466334.jpg
41 KB, 749x512
>>69006806
>>69006647
>>69003359
>>69003249

Is it really too much trouble for you to google the meaning of the phrase "jump the shark" and read some examples before commenting?
>>
>>69006986
Ellaria killing Doran is a perfect example of jumping a shark, though.

Whilst war has ravaged all of Westeros, Doran has kept Dorne safe and out of the fighting whilst still keeping Dorne in a position of power. Dorne has always been ruled by the Martells since Nymeria landed there in the days of old, and nothing meant more to Oberyn than his family.

Ellaria and the Sand Snakes wiping out the Martell bloodline and everyone in Dorne being okay with it was just thrown in for shock value and the novelty of stronk womyn being stronk. It did not make any sense whatsoever and is just a continuation of the, "Look, shocking death!" meme they've been playing up to ever since the Red Wedding.
>>
>>69003249
the chinese snek is so purdy
>>
>>69007150

>novelty of stronk womyn being stronk
>stronk womyn being stronk
>novelty

m8
>>
>>69007234
Yes, novelty. Stronk womyn being stronk isn't the same as strong women.

Compare Brienne to Xena. Compare Ellaria to Ripley. Compare any Sand Snek to Sarah Connor.
>>
>>69007150

Its badly written but not completely far fetched.
>>
>>69007429

I don't get you're point. All I notice is that the GoT examples are pathetic, while the others are good characters.

Pathetic 'kick-ass' women characters have been around for a while though.
>>
>>69007496
Correct.

And having them murder an intelligent, successful, scheming, and beloved ruler and taking over his kingdom with that kingdom's support just for the sake of having stronk womyn rule is the exact definition of novelty.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.