[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didnt vader just force mind read her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Vader-Leia.jpg (58 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
Vader-Leia.jpg
58 KB, 500x459
Why didnt vader just force mind read her?
>>
>>68997311
Because The Force didn't work that way in the first script.
>>
>>68997311
Why didn't Leia use the force back
>>
>>68997311
why didnt you ask this in 1977?
>>
he never learned that good trick from sheev.
>>
>>68997311
He could sense her feelings, but it's not like reading a book
>>
>>68997311
Because that would be rape.
>>
>>68997452
>YOURE AFRAID
>THAT YOULL NEVER BE AS POWERFUL AS SHEEV
>>
>>68997311
he only gets trained in that power in jedi, when he mind reads luke easily or leia is just resistant to it
>>
>>68997311

The force doesn't work that way and Abrams is a hack
>>
>>68997496
Have you seen force awakens? It is like reading a book
>>
>>68997457
I did
>>
>>68997311
stop relying on old canon concepts of the force, anon. in Disney word, some people can read minds even with little training as young adults.

except not the Chosen One of course. :^)
>>
>>68997567

that is just powercreep over time.

Jedi went from being spellswords to basically being so OP that even when they cut out like 90 percent of their powercreep they're still insanely powerful.

A lot of the EU actually dealt with Jedi that weren't Op like Horn who had shitty telekinesis.

If we're just going by the movies..Force users are so OP that it doesn't make sense that the entire galaxy just doesn't exterminate them.
>>
>>68997537
Kek
>>
>>68997552

This. George put limits and rules on the force that Abrams threw out of the window. Now the greatest Jedi and Sith lords of all time look weak because episode 7 had to one-up the previous films in all aspects.
>>
>>68998403
>tfw watching 3d clone wars show, 99% of their episodic problems could be solved with a simple force pull or suggestion
>they never do it and 20 minutes of pointless shenanigans ensue
>>
>>68998455

Force mind reading precedes TFA. Vader reads Luke's mind during the fight in ROTJ.
>>
>>68998534
Not really. He senses Luke's fears and Vader probably deduced that Leia was Luke's sister already. He knew Luke was his son, after all. Didn't have to mind read to know any of that.
>>
>>68998455
It's not all that much of a power creep from Force mind suggestion, honestly.
>>
>>68998455
The only thing that really bothered me was when Kylo stopped the laser blaster bolt in mid air. Who in the fuck though that was a good idea?
>>
>>68997452
Leia resisted the mind probe so she kinda did.
>>
>>68998671
Yeah, in the OT, Jedi are more like somewhat empathic rather than mind reading abilities. Also among other limits put on them, the mind trick only works on the weak minded.

Force Awakened through all that out the window. Suddenly now force users can stop people and blaster bolts frozen with their mind, the can literally read minds...
>>
>>68998455
Just wait till Rey force pulls a star destroyer from orbit. Y'know it's gonna happen.
>>
>>68998908
>Force Awakened through all that out the window.
>all that
you mean everything about everything
>>
>>68999398

>You were there for THE FORCE AWAKENS
>Now prepare yourself for..
>FORCE UNLEASHED with a vagina
>>
>>68997457
I did but the people that run my local newspaper had me banned from the editorials for """""""being autistic""""""""

It was a different time back then, not nearly as accepting of the quest for knowledge and answers as the world is today.
>>
>>68998908
>Force Awakened

Disney is not the boogeyman. Force users were reading minds decades before that, and I'm not sure why you consider telekinesis novel.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.