[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching this film on Netflix right now. What did you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: download (1).jpg (17 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
17 KB, 183x275
I'm watching this film on Netflix right now. What did you guys think?
>>
>>68994126
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
Jake is such a shitlord in this movie.
>>
File: 07.png (106 KB, 420x288) Image search: [Google]
07.png
106 KB, 420x288
>>68994126

Close your laptop and go to watch the movie in your main TV without fun-posting or other distractions
>>
>>68994126
<3
>>
>>68994126
It reminded me of Game of Thrones
>>
ITT: Characters that are literally you
>>
>>68994126
Gotta hand it to Gyllenhaal, he may be a try hard bred from birth to be a celebrity, but his performance genuinely creeped me out in this
>>
most fedora flick of 2014
>>
Good movie with an abrupt ending
>>
/tv/ user: the movie
>>
>>68994126
Modern Taxi Driver
>>
Good for the restaurant scene alone
>>
He did some great acting but thought the story was weak.
>>
>>68998499
omg rofl xD great meme anon keep it up
>>
I expected a hardcore sex scene with him and the milf. I was dissapointed
>>
>>68999999
>>
best movies I watched on netflix this year
>Gone Girl
>The Drop
>Ex Machina
>Nightcrawler
>>
Good but overrated, entertaining. The soundtrack is the worst music I ever heard, and I don't really care if it was bad intentionally or not. It ruins the movie.
>>
>>68998088
could not agree more
>>
>>68994126
good editing
I couldn't move at the restaurant scene the dread was killing me
>>
Thought the characters were fine but sometimes I don't need more of their actions to be convinced of who they are. I much prefer exploration into why they're that way, not example after example proving how they are. Very hard to do with this story, but otherwise it was pretty fine. I thought it was short, I could've enjoyed an ending that went a different root thematically, just to show something other than a conclusion to the plot. I don't think there's much to enjoy or ponder in this film compared to a much shorter one like "Enemy", also with Gyllenhal. He kinda proves the " it's the script not the actor" that makes a solid movie, because he's great in both of them.
>>
>>68998969
really the drop?
I'll have to give it a chance.
>>
>>68994126
>it's another overrated gylenhaal flick
name one movie with him that didn't suck

inb4 Prisoners
inb4 End of Watch, Donnie Darko, Nightcrawler, Enemy (hello, reddit)
>>
>>68998088

How is he a tryhard? Dude brings his A-Game in every movie.
>>
>>69000643

Jarhead
>>
>>69000643
bubble boy
>>
Loved the movie, hated the music. That bullshit 90s family movie music cueing at the car crash was cringe-worthy. Imagine this with the soundtrack from Drive. Even real human being works.
>>
>>69000812

I thought the music fit the scene really well. The movie's a satire, demonstrating the extremities to which you need to go to be successful in our current culture--supposedly. That cheesily uplifting music was supposed to render Lou Bloom into a sort of hero, reaching his triumphant moment, despite the fact that what he was doing was clearly fucked up.
>>
>>68994126
I went in knowing very little and expecting the protagonist to be likeable, and so I got a bit of a shock. I sort of hated it because I hated every outcome of the plot, especially the fact that he wins , and yet I was totally immersed and was never bored.
>>
>>68994126
>What did you guys think?
that you're an idiot for using netflix and a shill for mentioning it
>>
File: IU selfie.jpg (111 KB, 474x631) Image search: [Google]
IU selfie.jpg
111 KB, 474x631
>>68994126

he waits for a shootout to happen so he can film it
his coworker dies at the end
>>
I was gonna hook you up
>>
File: 1434377650964.png (257 KB, 523x389) Image search: [Google]
1434377650964.png
257 KB, 523x389
>>69001329
Fuck you.
>>
>>69004395
Anon, you're in a thread discussing the movie. Why are you angry when some posts events of that movie. Why are you here if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>68994126
Maybe, just maybe... you should watch a movie to the end and form your own FUCKING opinion.
>>
>>68994126
Just marathoned the first 10 minutes with my husband's daughter. What did we think?
>>
File: Nightcrawler.png (682 KB, 1428x971) Image search: [Google]
Nightcrawler.png
682 KB, 1428x971
>>68994126
Disappointed
>>
watching Zodiac after this felt very wrong for some reason

Gyllenhaal will forever be a creepy fucker to me now.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.