[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did thing went so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (426 KB, 736x1072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426 KB, 736x1072
Where did thing went so wrong?
>>
>>68969190
Heath Ledger's death.

We would of never had Bane if he hadn't of died.
>>
>>68969243
Joker would have probably been involved in Rises, but it's silly to think that they wouldn't have introduced someone else as the main villain, probably Bane.
>>
>>68969190
CIA's death
>>
>>68969243

How do so many people still use 'of' in place of 'have'? It's just as bad as there, their and they're.
>>
>>68969190
I read a rumour a couple of years back, and I've never seen anyone expand on it so it was probably made up, but the rumour stated that the original plan for TDK's sequel was a courtroom drama against the joker
Assumedly, it would have had him pull all the strings while being in custody while Batman tries to show Gotham that he's no longer needed

But then Ledger's death and shit...
Nolan's such a fucking hack. Would have killed him to make even a single fucking reference to the main antagonist of the last film?
>>
Surrounding Christopher Nolan with too many "yes men"

You know it's true
>>
>>68969280
Maybe but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that TDK was meant to end around the scene where the Joker is driving around in that car after he outsmarted Batman and threw Gotham into chaos.
>>
>>68969297
I was never taught English properly in school. Who cares.
>>
Anyone have the pic of the drawings that were supposedly plans for a hint at Joker being in there but it was basically everyone in Arkham being released except him because Bane didn't want him involved at all?
>>
>>68969190
I thought the poster said Ruse kek
>>
>>68969359
What
>>
>>68969359
So you reckon all the scenes after that were originally meant for the sequel?
Would lend credence to this
>>68969350

That would be such a cocktease though. And it wouldn't have Gordan's whole "a watchful protector, a DARK KNIGHT" - and we know Nolan loves hamfisted dialogue
>>
>>68969243
No, Bane would be the main villain still, Joker would act as a secondary.
>>
>>68969359
Why?

Ledger didn't die until after the movie was finished, what would be the point of adding all that extra material for no reason?
>>
>>68969457
Yes. I think TDKR was supposed to begin with the Joker running rampant through Gotham. I do think a lot of the scenes after were intended for the sequel. Bane very well may have been involved in some aspect but I always thought it was intended to have the Joker acting as the kingpin of Gotham in Rises.
>>68969457
Maybe. It could have worked.
>>68969504
I disagree
>>
>>68969633
I think a lot of those scenes were intended for a sequel
>>
File: 1427409590708.png (24 KB, 492x475) Image search: [Google]
1427409590708.png
24 KB, 492x475
>>68969297
Irregardless its the same difference and i literally could care less for all intensive purposes so you're point is mute per say
>>
File: Pipi.jpg (51 KB, 541x469) Image search: [Google]
Pipi.jpg
51 KB, 541x469
>>68969814
>Irregardless
>>
>>68969784
Yeah, but why do you think that? And why would those scenes have been included in TKD, during its production, if they weren't supposed to be?
>>
>>68969280
The thing is, the Nolan trilogy didn't play by the rules of other capeshit movies. They're all "villain of the week" in formula when it comes to sequels but the Joker was one of those kind of characters who was meant to be transcendent of just an antagonist with one appearance.

Before Rises came out he was always saying in interviews how less concerned he was about "blowing up the balloon", adapting the comics and bringing new characters to life as he was creating an ending for the characters and his version of the world and bailing out.

The complication was that they didn't have Ledger anymore, so they decided to bring back the League with Talia instead and created their own version of Bane to add some supervillain flavour to that. Then Goyer and Jonah convinced him to track on some version of Robin and Catwoman because they said it would be blasphemy if they ended the story without either of them.

When you consider all that and how popular and flexible the character is, I could say with full confidence they would have come up with a story that involved him in a meaty role. They'd maybe have introduced other villains, but rather than what they settled on they would have probably made other choices to compliment the Joker's character more than the League did.
>>
>>68969814
>>68970078
Faggots like you are a dime a dozen
>>
>>68969280
IIRC originally he was going to have the kangroo court instead of Scarecrow.
>>
I remember reading Joker meant to be a Hannibal Lector type character and Batman would have to keep questioning him because he knew about Bane.
>>
>>68969243
how would the plane scene have played out if Heath Ledger were still alive?
>>
>>68970118
I just remember reading a lot of stuff after Ledger died saying that they had to do a lot of reshoots in post to give the movie a proper ending because of Ledger
>>
>>68970312
>another batman shouting scene
Bravvvvo
>>
>>68970337
TELL ME ABOUT THE JOKER! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MAKEUP
>>
>>68970337
DR PAVEL IM JOKER
>>
>>68969350
That is true but you've got it a bit confused. It had nothing to do with Heath Ledger's death. The story goes that before they finished the script, Goyer wanted to essentially make the Dark Knight two movies where Two-Face became the main villain of the second one and there was courtroom drama against the Joker.

But what happened is Nolan told Goyer "fuck that", as he likes to do his movies one at a time as anything could happen. So they compressed the plot of what originally was two movies into one single movie, that's why Two-Face was killed off so abruptly.

It's a bit like the idea that George Lucas always had Episode VII - IX in mind. Yeah, he did, but according to him it was a stretched out version of the narrative that still would have ended with the confrontation with the Emperor and the defeat of the Empire in Episode IX. But then he IS a hack and did reveal after the prequels that he actually had his owm plans for more episodes before handing it over to Disney, plus Mark Hamill said decades ago that George asked him if he's play an Obi-Wan like character so who the fuck knows.

My tangent aside, these things are always in flux in the writer's room so thats where that idea came from. Imagine if they had decided to go with TDK split into two movies and Heath died.
>>
>>68970551
if they were gonna do it like that they'd probably have shot the sequels back to back.
>>
>2 Joker-centric films
WHY
>>
>>68970397
I doubt that happened. The movie had already been finished with filming months before he died. I wouldn't doubt something like this: >>68970551 happening, though. But it doesn't mean much, especially since the idea was abandoned before production.

As far as Lucas goes, though, he's completely full of shit. There's really no indication he had any plot points established for future films, besides some vague ideas that ended up being changed anyway. He ended up reusing a lot of stuff from his original (and very Hidden Fortress-like) draft of Star Wars for TPM, but that was probably out of laziness.
>>
File: -qjeXUyfQFQ.jpg (31 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
-qjeXUyfQFQ.jpg
31 KB, 604x604
>DKR with Joker
>Bane actually killed batman in caught scene
>Bane started revolution and Joker get freedom
>Joker find out that Bane killed Batman
>Joker kill Bane in revenge (cause he loved batman)
>Joker save gotham and became new batman
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>68970118
Why are you filming my scenes first, Nolan?
>>
File: bein.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bein.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
>Joker in TDKR
>Joker is the one that shoots Bane in the end.
>>
>>68969784
There was no back-to-back production, we'd know if there was. They wouldn't just secretly film sequel scenes
>>
File: 05-1.jpg (46 KB, 691x455) Image search: [Google]
05-1.jpg
46 KB, 691x455
>>68970337
>
It would have been very painful.
>>
>>68970188
You mean diamond dozen.
>>
File: жока вс бэйн.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
жока вс бэйн.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>68970825
>FACE OFF BRUH YOU AND ME
>>
File: 1425684803079.jpg (68 KB, 895x655) Image search: [Google]
1425684803079.jpg
68 KB, 895x655
>>68970235
I also heard that.

I read an exerp, supposedly a scene they didnt get to make, where Bane breaks into the prison and walks down a hall to where he opens a cell and says some bullshit about how he has work for the person in the cell, and we see the silhouette of ledger in a straight jacket or some shit.
>>
Nolan could've gotten Lewitt cameo as Joker since he vaguely looks like Ledger but instead he was turned into the least interesting take on Robin ever.
>>
>>68970235
No, after TDK it took Nolan a little while, a year or so, to even decide if he was going to do a sequel. Ledger was long dead before TDKR was ever even realized. However, I do recall that before he died, possible while the movie was still filming, there were rumors all over the internet about a "Part II" sequel to TDK, where Dent puts the Joker on trial and during that trial the Joker turns Dent into Two-Face. Also remember rumors about the Jokers death at the end of TDK.
>>
>>68970397
I never read or saw anything like this. Only here on 4chan. The movie was already well into post production when Ledger died. Are some of the people ITT actually implying that they had filmed sequel footage, before Ledgers death, and then decided to just include it in TDK after his death?
>>
>>68971055
>Joker in TDKR
>he's even more of a mad dog than ever
>super pissed at Bane for fucking up the Batman
>wages a guerilla war within Gotham against Bane and his army because fuck that nigger for ruining all of Jokers fun
>movie proceeds as usual
>Catwoman kills Bane
>Talia is giving Batman her little knife speech
>Joker slides in and spits out a twisted version of said speech as he shanks her up and finishes her off

saw a greentext here a long while back pertaining to the Joker interrupting that "slowest knife" monologue. Was good.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.