[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
Thoughts?
>>
Looks too cheap and he is an unfunny cunt
>>
>>68960958
"Wow, you drink? You must be an alcoholic!"
>>
liberal trash.
>>
wow so much asshurt
>>
>>68961249

the kids here don't get his humor
>>
>>68961457
The whiney jew has been done before.
>>
Never seen the show, but I don't want to. He is the worst part of his podcast and I expect the show to be the same.
>>
>>68962076

do tell
>>
Too much self love/hate for me. The Woody Allen problem.
>>
>>68962116
Seinfeld and Curb, every Woody Allen character.
>>
the show is an absolute mess

terrible acting and episodes go nowhere
>>
>>68960958
He's kinda douchey but I find the show oddly comfy.
>>
The whole show felt like Marc was just oversharing about his fucked up life. It annoyed me a little. Like - we all have family issues, we all have hang ups. It felt like, at times, he wanted his wretchedness to endear him to me, but it the only thing it achieved was to irritate me.

Not an awful show to watch, just that aspect really rubbed me the wrong way. Some jokes were in this show.
>>
Why does he look like he shops at Urban Outfitters?
>>
>>68962219

thats basically his entire shtick, "oh my god look at how awful i am, yet still kind of likeable!"
>>
>>68960968
>SCHUMER DID NOTHING RONG MUH SOGYNKNEE
>>
>>68960958
He flip flops too much. He can't decide whether he's a cranky old man or a cool dude who fucks hot girls half his age. His 90s routines were a awful.
>>
It's basically a much shitter clone of Louie.
>>
Norm Macdoanld was correct when he said IFC would pick up anything and gave Maron as an example.
>>
>>68962662
>He can't decide whether he's a cranky old man or a cool dude who fucks hot girls half his age

this, but that's the problem with maron in general. the show itself is just unfunny, and i listen to his podcasts/generally like his stand-up.
>>
>>68960958
Would have to fight myself not to punch him if I met him. I mean, I probably wouldn't, but dude's the most insufferable comedian I can think of. Like I'd rather hang out with Janine Garofalo, Margaret Cho, and Andy Dick than this guy.
>>
>>68962360
Not him, but if Maron is advocating against Schumer for stealing jokes he definitely went up a few points in my book for standing up to that walking pontoon boat.

He's still an unfunny edgelord who's trying so hard to fit in with the hipster crowd half his age it's cringey.
>>
>>68960958
He's a good interviewer
>>
>>68962968
where did he say that?
>>
File: soon-.jpg (75 KB, 649x630) Image search: [Google]
soon-.jpg
75 KB, 649x630
>>68964302
really? Andy Dick? The other two, I can see but Andy Dick is an insufferable cunt. At least Maron can write books that are interesting. And I think his scripts hold up in the end.
>>
>>68964604
Andy Dick is also occasionally (albeit rarely) funny, unlike Marc.
>>
>>68964766
OK, I'll grant that he can be funny when he's sober (Andy) because I've heard him be quite sharp and on-the-spot with people like Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew but his style just bugs me and gets annoying after a couple of minutes; whereas I do like that Maron has morality tales. Even if he is a pretentious dick, I enjoy the blatant sarcasm and pointing out hypocrisy (even if it's his own). [again, pretentious]
>>
>>68960958
On the show or the man?

Never seen the show

I really don't like him as a person. He's never had a controversial opinion in his life and his woe is me attitude is fucking irritating since he has a better life than 80% of people on Earth. Also a grown man that talks about cats like "they are his children" is beyond pathetic. But I do have to admit he is a good interviewer or at least gets good interviews out of people.
>>
>>68962968
Norm is the only comedian that tells it like it is period. Maron's a hack and literally the poor man's Louie.

Norm telling people on LCS that their edgy atheism set is the shits warms my heart. It's a shame that conservative jews are afraid of what he'd say if he had his own talk show.
>>
He's a Larry David for Hipsters and millennials. He certainly doesn't have the charm and effect as Larry David. But Marc has his moments sometimes.
>>
>>68964375
It's the opposite. A few weeks before the Schumer thing blew up, he even made a comment on his podcast that he just watched some of her new work and he had a bit very similar. Of course, he waved it off as "parallel thinking" like a good little cuck. Then it really blew up and his comments were brought into the fold--except he chimped out, claimed he never meant any of it, and blamed all the hate Schumer was getting on misogyny and Trump racists.

i pretty much stopped being a fan that day
>>
File: yawning jackasses.png (385 KB, 368x447) Image search: [Google]
yawning jackasses.png
385 KB, 368x447
>>68965584
>>
Conniving liberal jew, didn't release a podcast with Gavin mcinnes because he apparently said something transphobic online
>>
>>68965584
>>68965672
oh he also threw in GamerGaters too, of all people

apparently anyone who has ever spoke ill of any woman--for any reason--fits under that tent now.
>>
>>68960958
There's a lot of good guests on his podcast that I'd like to hear but he keeps it all behind a paywall. That and the Dan Harmon incident was a huge red flag.
>>
>>68966132
>the Dan Harmon incident
explain plz

also, you can find any episode on yt almost immediately after they're released
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.