[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait. You people here actually like watching movies? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1457427482645.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
1457427482645.gif
2 MB, 187x155
Wait. You people here actually like watching movies?

Why?
>>
>>68943307
It beats sitting and staring at the wall
>>
File: 1281378669684.jpg (23 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
1281378669684.jpg
23 KB, 600x350
>>68943307
i watch them for visually perfect actresses who sometimes act in them
i love them so much i would cut my own head off with a katana just to meet one of them
>>
no some of us only watch kino

and sometimes films
>>
Caught up on all the Let's Play series I'm interested in, movies are a timesink between updates.
>>
>>68943307
I only watch flicks

You could call me a flick aficionado
>>
>>68943602
I know you're baiting but this seriously triggered me m8
>>
>>68943624
>I know you're baiting

Not in a malicious/trolling way.

I know it'll rile some folks up but I just can't watch movies outside the cinema except to kill time between other things.

I can watch 5-10 Let's Plays in the time it takes me to watch a movie. I don't have to commit to a video for an hour or more, I can pause it and come back to it, and overall it's more enjoyable.

It reminds me of books. Sometimes you read a book for five minutes, sometimes you read it for hours. Either way, you pick up where you left off. Nobody's telling you that you have to read it for two hours straight.

Watching movies in the cinema is still the best though. It's always a good experience even when it's a bad movie.
>>
>>68944061
get a good home cinema setup you will be surprised i hear they have pausing, rewinding and fastforwarding without changing reels.

you can take the kino to the cinema but you cant take the cinema out of the kino
>>
>>68944061
>I can watch 5-10 Let's Plays in the time it takes me to watch a movie. I don't have to commit to a video for an hour or more, I can pause it and come back to it, and overall it's more enjoyable.
>It reminds me of books. Sometimes you read a book for five minutes, sometimes you read it for hours. Either way, you pick up where you left off. Nobody's telling you that you have to read it for two hours straight.
Not him, but I think it's hilarious that you're LITERALLY the person people pretend to be when they say they "marathoned" a movie
>>
>>68944254
I doubt he has that kind of money considering he watches Let's Plays
>>
>>68944278

You can't deny there's some difference between viewing 2001 at the cinema (which even critics at the time said was boring) and viewing it at home.

I totally agree that it's way better to be fully immersed in a movie, which is what cinemas are for. Sat at home with a computer monitor or a television set? YouTube.
>>
>>68944061
>>68944278
>Nobody's telling you that you have to read it for two hours straight.
its just as enjoyable though if not moreso. i read the half blood prince in one sitting when it came out and it was awesome, i mean i understand how you dont have to, but the experience was great
>>
>>68944614
sure but nowadays youd have to put up with people texting and sneak in your own water bc you womt pay for that shit
>>
>>68944728

Nah, I saw a screening at an independent cinema. I took my own water. Everyone was quiet.

I loved it, but no way could I have gotten the same experience at home.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.