[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this had Fant4stic tier production problems? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Do you think this had Fant4stic tier production problems? It feels like it did.
>>
Honestly senpai, I bet production went smooth as silk. They are in the post production panic right now
>>
>>68941193
Nah
>>
>>68941193
Why would they be in post production panic?
>>
Yes
https://youtu.be/rFCxUpGzbc4
>>
>>68941572
How do you change 4 fat lesbians into 4 attractive, funny white males in post production?
>>
>>68941193
The production did not go smooth at-fucking-all.
>>
File: 1445462790454.jpg (8 KB, 182x200) Image search: [Google]
1445462790454.jpg
8 KB, 182x200
>>68941160
The writings are on the walls. It was doomed and they are in damage control. No one om the crew likes it and there has been little marketing for it even though its fucking GHOSTBUSTERS. If you have a Ghostbusters movie, you amp people up UNLESS you know the film is shit from the start and are just trying to save up money
>>
>>68941160
It's going to be a movie fallen into obscurity. Sense it's announcement it's major selling point was "it's all female." which shouldn't be a selling point. Now after that it died down until the first trailer, the trailer is supposed to be a hook and it looked like a mess and didn't sell the masses. People are upset with the reboot mania and add it with "you only don't get hype is because musoggynees." now you have people defending the movie simply "muh womyn" and wont see it.
Im starting to think its just a giant ply to drum up controversy and help clikbait sites with add revenue
>>
hehehe
>>
>>68941834
This
>>
File: 1448937915919.jpg (27 KB, 372x339) Image search: [Google]
1448937915919.jpg
27 KB, 372x339
>>68941578
>They took my post seriously
>>
I honestly feel bad for McCarthy. I think she honestly was looking forward to making a new Ghostbusters movie. Then Sony delivered an absolute turd and she was contracted to stay in the horrible production.
>>
>>68942294
Hero.
What movie is next?
>>
>>68942545
Whatever I can compile convincing-sounding blind items, anonymous info leaks, etc from around the internet into one small bite-size package for.

I'm not an insider in the capacity Midnight's Edge seemed to think I was, but I do have some experience in marketing and I'm good at scouring the net for obscure info. I'd say about 70% of that original post has a good chance of being true.
>>
>>68941578
Holy fuck. So it's not just a reboot, it's a horrible remake and prequel at the same time?!

It ends with them finding a tape talking about Zeul? Holy fuck.
>>
>>68942723
I believe you blindly
>>
Nigger
>>
>>68941578
"4chan tipster", I stopped right there.
>>
File: 1437765607868.jpg (38 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1437765607868.jpg
38 KB, 720x960
>>68941578
Holy shit, what the fuck.
I cannot believe people are actually rallying for this movie to go successful.
>>
>>68941578
Wew lad
>>
>>68941160
Nah I don't think they can pin this on some director cunt like Fox did. I mean Fant4stic had in some ways a worst cast, shit story and also the josh turbo cunt trank. It's like going out in the Titanic and crashing agains three huge icebergs.
The new Ghostbusters was just an overall bad idea, poorly written with irresponsible executives throwing money at the problem while shielding themselves behind the racism/sexism card.
I hope they try to reboot Back to the Future next with a female Marty and we see even a bigger crash and burn so everyone finally understands that gender bender shit belongs to fan fiction 99% of the time and the 1% that could work needs really good people behind it to work. Fuck mediocrity.
>>
>>68942294

> Internet Journalism
> Fact Checking

pick one.
>>
>>68945909
internally at sony, the blame will be split between producer amy pascal and director paul feig

pascal will be blamed for forcing out reitman, pushing for the total reboot and bringing feig on board while promising creative control despite there being no proof he could handle this kind of picture

feig will be blamed for the hack plot (which he had a lot of control over) that he pushed for as well as totally uninspired direction. he clearly approached it like he was shooting a bridesmaids-type movie, completely ignoring that the first ghostbusters was a supernatural thriller that happened to be funny, and was shot like a supernatural thriller. a concept that i think is emblematic of the creative failure of this movie, the scene where the ghost possesses the police\army and forces them to do a dance number, was pushed by feig as being the brilliant centerpiece of the film when it was ripped from the fucking jim carrey mask movie, of all things

the internet will probably blame the cast until someone does a more in-depth analysis of it years after the fact. sony's marketing of this as the feminist ghostbusters was a massive mistake, since it immediately came off as standoffish/picking a fight. they should have just announced the ghostbusters movie, an then revealed a cast that happened to be four women. that's how disney handled the star wars casting announcements and in doing so they prevented toxic buzz from building up over the female and black male leads

after this, i think pascal will be out of sony for good. she just doesn't have the taste to tell good ideas from bad. duplicity and machiavellian tendencies can be forgiven in hollywood, but failing to deliver cannot. feig will stick around since his low-budget movies make a decent amount of money, but he will never see this amount of creative freedom again for a long, long time
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.