[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Three years. I promise. ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
>Three years. I promise.

;_;
>>
File: bugs_aint_amused.jpg (11 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
bugs_aint_amused.jpg
11 KB, 298x292
>>68940466
>there are people that actually expected and/or wanted a sequel
>>
Human years or Prawn years?
>>
;_;
just as the show was getting good
>>
>>68940493

Yeah D9 was visually impressive and the technology was really cool but not a single likable character in the whole movie yet it tried to play on your emotions the whole time.
>>
>>68940493
>unironically promising a sequel while having no intention to make one

Blomkamp a hack. Everything he's made that wasn't district 9 was terrible.
>>
>>68940493
recently re-watched that, and i'd forgotten how chronically un-likeable all of the characters were. the whites were brutal, ignorant, violent and selfish. the blacks were brutal, ignorant, violent and stupid. the prawns were the closest thing to a sympathetic character there was.

what was bloemkoemph trying to do with this? try to provide the standard SF distancing from apartheid to try to get people to see how bad it is?

> vikkiss mai bouiy yew is de roit man for de chob
>>
>>68940530
Everyone dropped it by then.
>>
>>68940563
There was no promise of a sequel.

Don't be a tasteless loser.
Good movies don't need sequels.
>>
Why didn't the niggers yelled for being portrayed as cochroaches?
>>
>>68940584
>try to provide the standard SF distancing from apartheid to try to get people to see how bad it is?
He claims his inspiration was the post-apartheid immigration into south africa from neighboring countries.
>>
>>68940562
>yet it tried to play on your emotions the whole time.

it worked. i hated everyone except the little prawn.
>>
>>68940562
>not a single likable character in the whole movie

bullshit
>>
>>68940563
Everything he makes is a rehash of D9
>>
>>68940638

then who?
>>
>>68940612
Nigeria actually did flip shit
>As soon as crime starts in the district, Nigerians show up
>>
>>68940665
The Prawn with the son did nothing wrong. He just wanted to take his son home and help his people.
>>
>>68940466

Ask yourself, do you really want to know what happens when Christopher comes back? It's probably not going to be pretty for humanity. Blomkamp always ends his movies at a point where you should be asking yourself if the right choices were made.
>>
It was a good, single movie. Why the fuck do you retards need or want a sequel? It's like John Wick or 300. Good movies that didn't need sequels.

Especially John Wick. Fuck you, you dumb shits.
>>
>>68940726
>Blomkamp always ends his movies at a point where you should be asking yourself if the right choices were made.
He ended Elysium at a point where half of the audience would say yes and half would say no based on the politics they brought into the theater with them in the first place.
>>
File: 1337629401535.png (179 KB, 571x689) Image search: [Google]
1337629401535.png
179 KB, 571x689
>>68940530
>yfw Eli didn't fix the hibernation pod and is dead; the rest are drifting between 2 galaxies right now for probably the next 1000 years
>>
Everyone here should go back and watch it again. It's a bad movie with a couple good elements and the cgi aged like milk
Trust me, I used to think it was good too
>>
>>68940647
Exactly. He should've just expanded on the one narrative that he has instead of retelling the same initial story over and over.
>>
>>68940752
Nigga I want more great action scenes, John wick had a poor story I liked the Assasin hotel and that's about it, when I saw the trailer for the first time I thought it was a parody "they killed the dog my dying wife gave to me" lel

Hope John wick 2 gets made so I get some more action, the raid 2 story sucked compared to the first but it was a great ride

Hope the prawns genocide the fookin humanz in a sequel
>>
>>68940584
>the whites were brutal, ignorant, violent and selfish
>the blacks were brutal, ignorant, violent and stupid

Wasn't he just painting an accurate portrait of South Africa?
>>
>>68940584
This is literally how South Africa works.
>>
>>68940986
According to him he just wanted to make an action movie with aliens. Once everybody freaked out at its political implications it went straight to his head.

Of course that's assuming he wasn't bullshitting about taking all the South African shit he grew up with for granted.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.