[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the hero we need? >no quick cuts >Decent fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
Is he the hero we need?
>no quick cuts
>Decent fighting choreography
>Knows how to handle the quips and banter
>Best lines, no shitty star wars references
>>
Whedon > > > Overrated Russos

They ape his style but worse. Just as many quips, less funny.
>>
I hope whedon grows some balls and takes over on the Flash. That would really give Marvel the finger for booting him.
>>
>>68931033
Take my money, honestly. Would be sweet.
>>
>One of the things I like about the X-Men is they're not killing people. I miss the idea of... heroes who stop that kind of thing from happening. Here's why I'm not running Marvel: If I was, I would kill the Punisher. I don't believe in what he does. The Punisher just shoots up places. And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap.

Great opinions on superheros, anon
>>
>>68930954
This.
>Dude remember that star wars lmao

Joss whedon had the bed lines, russos are fucking hacks.
>>
>>68931100
I came here to post this
>>
So pretty much what people are saying here is that they want whedon back because whedon can quip better?

What a stupid reason.
>>
File: 1303002359702.jpg (123 KB, 851x719) Image search: [Google]
1303002359702.jpg
123 KB, 851x719
>>68931228
Whedon is kino personified, shitlord.

Fuck we need him now more than ever.
>>
>>68931228
He handles action way better as well, clearer, more comic booky. Russos's disorienting quick cut's and CGI boringness. A couple decent, fleeting, well choreographed fist fight scenes does not a good film make. It's an astounding miscalculation to give them Infinity War. The final act of Cap 2 was a visually messy bore.
>>
>>68931100
christ he's such a libcuck
>>
Despite the avengers being pretty bad, he actually had the right ideas and more control than the russos.

Jon Favreau should be the one helming the whole thing with Shane Black as codirector, writer however.
>>
he should do Iron Man 4 desu
>>
Whedon makes the best quipkinos desu.
>>
What was so bad that it made people think highly of Joss Whedon? Can such a thing even exist?
>>
>>68930878

No, Zack Snyder is because he's intentionally killing capeshit.
>>
>>68931228
Only whedon and Sorkin can do quips properly
>>
Why is everyone on this board obsessed with being contrary? Whedon is shit and everything he has ever made is shit.
>>
This board is so unironically contrarian that I can't even tell if this thread is ironic.
>>
>>68931434
wrong. buffy is good. firefly is alright but overrated.
everything else is shit.
>>
>people now want Whedon

We've come full circle, this place is truly a shithole infested with redditors.
>>
>>68931336
>Jon Favreau should be the one helming the whole thing with Shane Black as codirector, writer however.

This x 1000000000000
>>
Neither he nor the russo guys know what the fuck they're doing
>>
>>68931521
didn't the constant capeshit and star wars threads make it obvious?
>>
>>68931100
>people are still bringing this up
Who gives a shit if he doesn't like The Punisher? He isn't the sort of character Whedon would do justice anyway, and there are plenty of other characters he could do good stuff with.

>>68931033
I'm still salty Lord & Miller left Flash for the Han Solo movie, but I'd be down for seeing Whedon do Flash now that WB has lost the guy they got to replace Lord & Miller.
>>
Civil War was infinitely better than Age of Ultron, Whedon can fuck off, the Russos handled balancing all the characters screen times' much better than he did and they didn't give us a shit, forced romance like BW x Hulk
>>
>>68931572
Those were usually shitting on them.
>>
>>68931585
This. Holy fuck, this shit board will say anything to be contrarian.
>>
>>68931298

I can sort of see where you are coming from. I personally really enjoyed Avengers, and whedon did a fine job. But what happened with AoU?

This post isn't to just bash the movie, but it felt like a significant step down in comparison.one could argue it's because the fresh new "ensemble teamup" feel isn't there like it was for the first, but there were still plenty of issues with the movie:

EVERYONE quipped and casually joked like Tony Stark would, making all the characters feel very similar to eachother instead of each having unique personalities.

The only good action scene IMO was the Hulk buster scene.the cgi and annoying slow motion used in the other scenes made the serious action climax look pretty silly.

Out of nowhere romance subplot that wasn't needed for any reason or wanted.

Overall AoU just felt like it was trying to outdo it's predecessor by a lot, but the movie dragged on was just...idk...totally different.

I don't hate Whedon, but I don't want to see anymore MCU movies with him in charge if we are going to get products similar to AoU
>>
>>68931434
/tv/ has always liked whedon, we just had to pretend to hate him when he got popular and the Internet Culture War happened.
>>
>>68931521
it's funny how everyone here cries about the boogeyman reddit. when literally 90% of the shit that gets discussed here is the same. game of thrones, star wars and capeshit everyday.

most people here are just edgy redditors who think they have good taste
>>
>>68930878
magic girl man can fuck off already. Scarlet Witch got twice as much attention than her pissy character deserved. Weekend of Ultron was a bad movie.
>>
>>68930878
>no cinematography
>no sense of style at all
>directing is straight-up textbook black-and-white generic
>heavily borrrows from other movies
>>
>>68930878
pretty bad pic of notch tbqhwy, looks much older than usual
>>
>>68931573
It's not that he doesn't like the punisher. Read it again.

He misunderstands the character completely and tries to force his own idea of what a superhero "should be", with no consideration that the punisher could be more nuanced, or not even be a superhero (he's not). It's painfully clear that he either willingly disregards or can't understand a character that doesn't fit into his specific worldview, and he goes as far to say that if he was in charge he'd remove the character completely if he could.

You really want that kind of person being in charge of a fucking adaptation movie, anon? Someone who's said before that they'd gladly kill off or alter a character just because they personally don't like them?
>>
>>68931340
but iron man is dead according to posts aroun /tv/
>>
>>68930878
still not as bad as JJ FAGRAMS.
>>
>>68931660
back to red-dit, faggot.
>>
>>68931434
18+
Buffy/Angel/Firefly were great tv in the early 00's, 'm sorry you were not long at your mothers womb and of an age to appreciate the tv that was on at this time.
Buffy literally changed television, it was revolutionary.
>>
>>68931674
You literally described all the mcu directors post iron man 3
>>
>>68931721
I want him to be in charge of adapting characters he does understand and cares about. Maybe he's narrow minded for not "getting" Punisher, but that doesn't mean his worldview has no value when applied to characters more suited to his style.
>>
>>68930878
this is bait
>>
>>68931865
Then you're intentionally limiting the potential of a movie and the characters by having a person in charge who only does things one way. There's no possibility of exploring more with those characters, there's no possibility of something new or surprising happening - it's just one shit show with predictable quips and a regurgitated story. Why would you want that kind of person in charge?
>>
>Knows how to handle the quips
Fucking this, you can tell the Russos were trying to do Winter Soldier part 2 but were forced to include that horrible airport fight
>>
>>68931632

How is that contrarian? I thought it was pretty popular opinion that Age of Ultron was the worst Marvel movie
>>
>>68931434
This. Whedon's Avengers movies are fucking wank. The Captain America movies are the best MCU films
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.