[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy fuck that was good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster.jpg (117 KB, 525x755) Image search: [Google]
Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster.jpg
117 KB, 525x755
holy fuck that was good
>>
why
>>
>>68928029
the cellphone footage gave me the chills.
>>
>>68928029
One of my favourite supernatural films, simply for its 1:1 capture of that rural Australian atmosphere and the chillingness of its execution.
>>
File: lakemungo2.png (371 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lakemungo2.png
371 KB, 1024x576
The big twist at the end with the cell phone footage was kind of goofy, and the sex thing with the neighbors seemed unnecessary. It was still way better than I was expecting and manages to keep a really ominous atmosphere for most of the run time.
>>
the photograph scene was creepy I'll give it that but the cell phone footage at the end seemed REALLY contrived
>>
i'll check it out
>>
Can someone explain the ending because i didn't really get it
>>
>>68928799

I can't get that fucking face out of my head.
>>
>>68929144

the sex thing with the neighbors made me horny for the rest of the film so I couldn't enjoy it anymore cause there wasn't any more sex.
>>
>>68930486
>Alice began to have unnerving dreams and was possessed of an intense fear that she was going to die
>Meets with the psychic dude, they have a session where he 'reads' her dreams from a hypnotic session
>Goes to Lake Mungo
>Encounters her own ghost, a manifestation of the destiny quickly and inevitably approaching her
>Is terrified, buries her phone and gadgets in a ritualistic attempt to satiate whatever force follows her
>Drowns shortly afterwards in the dam
>Haunting
>Alice-mum goes to psychic, records and recounts her own dreams because she's dealing with the death of her daughter
>Events in the dreams of both women match up strangely
>Implied strong empathic/supernatural bond down the maternal side of the family

>Sextape found
>Her secrets are discovered
>Once all of her secrets are known, Alice's spirit is satisfied that her family now knows the true her
>>
>>68930795
Wait was there any proof that the house was actually haunted? I thought it was just the brother pulling shenanigans.
>>
>>68930859
Didn't you watch the second half of the movie?

The brother initially fakes the hauntings, but comes clean when things get too emotional for everyone. After he finishes and leaves on his trip with the psychic wog, Alice shows up for real and is caught on camera.
In the final credits, it shows photographs and video footage from earlier on in the film, and reveals that some of them actually contained the real ghost Alice, in the background. Creepiest part of the whole movie.
>>
>>68930919
ohh yeah now I remember
>>
>>68930859
Yes, the credits show Alice's ghost hidden in shots where we were meant to be distracted by the brother's red herrings.
>>
>>68929209
At least they didnt cheapen it with a big jumpscare, honestly for the film's 'big scare' it was pretty tastefully done
>>
it's shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.