[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glengarry Glen Ross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: New Bitmap Image.jpg (62 KB, 615x432) Image search: [Google]
New Bitmap Image.jpg
62 KB, 615x432
Love this movie. Recommend more like it.
>>
>>68926599
>the existential drama of angry men who want to fuck each other but too heterosexual to do it
Idk, faŠ¼, maybe The Hustler?
>>
>>68926599
kill yourself normie retard
>>
Was the whole point of Glengarry Ross to get a bunch of great actors to swear at each other for 90 minutes? Because it felt like nothing else was accomplished.
>>
>>68926599
Sounds like you want tight, character driven drama.

>12 Angry Men (men having tense conversations made kino)
>The Thing (meme movie but it's along the right lines)
>Stagecoach (cross-section of society via character interactions
>The House on the Edge of the Park (shit is so raw that it might throw you, but if it doesn't it's pretty interesting.)
>A Dog Day Afternoon (John Cazale gives what might be the all-time GOAT retard performance (not really retarded, just slow))
>Scum (movie about the old British juvenile detention system, a really damn harsh look at power dynamics, between adults and youths as well as between big bastards and punks)
>Sebastiane (More devoted to exploring the male form than relationships between characters but it's a mesmerizing experience if you can get into it. I don't think any movie has captured the feeling of boredom better than this one, but I mean that in the best possible way.)
>George Romero's original Living Dead trilogy (might seem like an odd answer but these movies are actually excellent character pieces that deal with race, class, masculinity and occasionally people being straight up assholes.)
>Serpico (Possibly the GOAT American cop movie. All about how corruption becomes institutionalized and what it's like to be different)
>Pain & Gain (What do power and success mean to the modern American? Michael Bay of all people gives us an interesting take on the question)
>The Incident (Another societal crossroads type piece. If you don't like Ford's style or settings this might interest you more.)
>>
Plebs.
>>
>>68926599
Thank you for smoking is kind of the anti-thesis of ggr.
sexy beast has cool people ranting
>>
>>68926599
Watch Mamet's other stuff for the dialogue. House of Games, Spartan, Heist, Redbelt (which isn't that good imo). 12 Angry Men for another single location film driven by masculinity. idk, maybe Before the Devil Knows You're Dead? What exaactly did you like about GGR?
>>
Alec Baldwin is one of the most charismatic actors of all time and it's a shame he didn't make more great movies in his prime.
>>
>>68927138
Should've been Batman
>>
>>68926848
I thought you were memeing but this is actually a pretty good list.

Props anon
>>
File: te.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
te.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>68927138
damn straight
perfect batman / bruce wayne in his prime
>>
>>68927138
I heard he was difficult to work with
>>
>>68927138
Now that you mention it I think 30 Rock is a good place for more Alec Baldwin being an exaggeration of that character and few other characters.

It's also a great show on its own and worth watching either way.
>>
>>68926848
thanks for taking the time anon
>>
>>68927193
Is this the movie where she refused to shave his beard because he got fat?
>>
>>68926848
Pain and gain? Is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>68927481
movie is surprisingly ok

but it's still a michael bay film starring an ex-rapper and a pro-wrestler so it's nothing to write home about
>>
The Cooler
>>
File: TheShadow199416_zps6770f011.jpg (29 KB, 507x768) Image search: [Google]
TheShadow199416_zps6770f011.jpg
29 KB, 507x768
>>68927167
>>68927193
He basically plays Batman in The Shadow and he's awesome in it. It's a fine little flick, I'd even call it a bit underrated
>>
File: 1460085112527.png (1 MB, 590x797) Image search: [Google]
1460085112527.png
1 MB, 590x797
>>68927481
I don't know anon, you tell me. What's wrong with Pain & Gain? Why doesn't it meet OP's criteria?
>>
>>68927529
>>68927511
>>68927481
Checked the trailer and This is one I'm gonna watch.
>>
>>68927529
>Pain & Gain
I tried so hard to watch that movie. I really tried because of the cast. BUT, I couldnt watch more than 15 min.
It's unwatchable.
>>
Thanks for the suggestions. I've added these to the queue. I love GGR for the limited location, being dialog driven and having great actors. The crime plot and general subject matter doesn't hurt.

>>68926848
>Scum
>Living Dead
>Pain & Gain
>>68926947
>sexy beast
>>68927122
>House of Games
>Heist
>>
File: wag-the-dog.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wag-the-dog.jpg
464 KB, 1920x1080
wag the dog
in the loop
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.