[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a joke. It's all a fucking joke Capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
>It's a joke. It's all a fucking joke

Capeshit will never top Watchmen.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 318x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 318x400
>"Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci
>>
>>68924249
Actual comic > Motion comic > >>>>>>> POWER GAP >>>>> dog shit >>>>> my cum bottles >>>>>> the movie
>>
Unfortunately, the most important and interesting character, Ozymandias, was totally cut from the story.

Which is rather suprising, when Snyder even added the Black Freighter shit and NOT the whole fucking Ozy backstory.

The casting was also shit. Hes way older in the comic.
>>
>>68924249
That's because most comics won't top Watchmen, and the film was mostly a direct copy of the book.
>>
>>68924249
Watchmen IS capeshit
>>
Pissing your pants yet, OP?
>>
>>68924424
this so much
fucking skipped a whole issue and explanation why he is doing this
>>
>Goddamn I love working on American soil.

>>68924447
I haven't read the comic in atleast 10 years, but I never felt that Ozy was shorthanded in the movie. Maybe it was cut down to keep the surprise?
>>
>>68924249
So what was the "joke" again? That one of his former teammates and friends was going to kill hundreds of thousand and frame another one of their teammates? That makes no fucking sense. He would have told Rorsh or Owl if he knew about that. You know what he wouldn't tell them? That he's making a giant telepathic squid monster to fake an alien invasion. THAT sounds like a joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (580 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
580 KB, 1680x1050
>"The photograph is in my hand...in twelve seconds time, I drop the photograph ...walking away. It's already lying there, twelve seconds into the future...I found it...twenty-seven hours ago. It's still there, twenty-seven hours into the past...I'm still there looking at it."
>>
>>68924534
nah the whole surprise was owl and roch realising there is nothing they can do to stop him
like the whole "i already did it" line
the ozy issue was before the end i think was we already knew he was the one
>>
>>68924536
no one ever gives a shit about the source material faggot
>>
>>68924536
>So what was the "joke" again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAST139RPCo
>>
>>68924540
Probably my favorite sequence in the comic and the movie.

The stuff with Manhattan was pretty solid in the movie. His origin and him leaving Earth were done pretty well. I think the actor nailed the inflection and the score was pretty good for those parts.
>>
>>68924536
The joke was the fact that people were fighting so hard for "what is right." The comedian was jaded by seeing so much death and suffering. He saw the worst in humanity while at war and couldn't understand what was worth fighting for, I think you missed the pint buddy.
>>
>>68924536
no dude fuck
the joke is nothing matters and no matter how much comedian tries to change the world the evil of the world will fight back the positives he has done for the world. Why the comedian lasted so long and didn't go insane was because he knew he didn't matter and he was doing it for the hell of it. But when he realized ozy's plan to kill millions for the sake of justice and peace it drove him made because it beyond the evil he saw and it didn't make sense such a person existed
>>
>>68924536
People are their own worst enemies.
>>
>>68924534
The only thing shorthanded was that his backstory, his past, his early history, was skipped.

I cant blame Snyder though: it would require too many additional scenes to film.
>>
>>68924415

the motion comic was surprisingly great.
>>
>>68924638
>when he realized ozy's plan to kill millions for the sake of justice and peace it drove him made because it beyond the evil he saw and it didn't make sense such a person existed

i don't understand what point you're trying to convey with this sentence
>>
>>68924590
Then why did they spend millions to make a movie out of it? Why is it one of the best selling comics of all time? All of /tv/ cared when this was in theaters fucking new fagg, I know because I was here. You're an easily amused pleb, go back to plebbit
>>
>>68924389
He is just a miserable character
I instantly feel depression whenever he comes up
>>
>>68924540
creating a "superhero" so powerful he can't connect at all with the human race anymore is so beautiful. Maybe Alan Moore stole the idea from something else, but it's great.
>>
>>68924726
ya srry
when he realized ozy's plan to kill millions for the sake of justice and peace it drove him MAD because it WAS beyond the evil he saw and it didn't make sense TO HIM such a person existed (a person who would would go that far for peace).
Ozy was insane and it didn't fit into his world views. If you read the comic he falls into a depression and gets scared at what he saw (ozy's plan)
>>
is Dr. Manhattan the most powerful capeshit hero of them all?
>>
>>68924786
So was he afraid because Ozy was too good or too evil?
>>
>>68924802
Yes and that was the point. He makes a reference that he can actually create life.
>>
>>68924825
he was afraid because ozy was insane and was a outliner
a person who was neither good or evil and it didn't fit into his world views.
He thought he had everyone figured out, he thought he understood how the world worked. There are people who try to do good but in the end the results don't matter because evil will always exist. And there are people who commit evil even through good will eventually defend them. Ozy didn't fit into anything he was willing to kill millions for the sake of "GOOD" and peace. That kinda person existed in his word didn't make sense , it went against what he believed in
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 900x1165
>"...And the universe will not even notice
>>
>>68924903
That kinda person existing in his world didn't make sense****
>>
>>68924917
those are some shitty drawings
>>
>>68924737
>neckbeard getting this butthurt about MUH COMICS

>i know because i was here
>pulling the oldfag card for /tv/

>Why is it one of the best selling comics of all time?
world is full of neckbeard virgins
>All of /tv/ cared when this was in theaters
all of /tv/ still cares about BvS, doesn't mean shit
>Then why did they spend millions to make a movie out of it
cause they'll make a movie out of anything that might make money child. ratchet and clank was destined to be a flop, they still made it. doesn't mean shit.
>You're an easily amused pleb
>using pleb unironically
>>
>>68924887
what about thanos
>>
>>68924415
Reminder that Alan Moore stole all his best ideas and is a cuck
>>
>>68924991
Thanos is a raisin clown.
>>
>>68924903
Oh okay thanks
>>
Civil war is much better than Watchmen, checkmate DCucks.
>>
>>68925000
from who
>>
the whole Black Freighter story is so great and sinister. Butler nailed his part as the narrator.
>>
>>68925251
I don't remember it being in the movie? Did they put it in another cut?
>>
>>68925416
It's in the director cut/special edition.
And is a reason why I'm waiting so eagerly for the BvS Directors Cut.
>>
>>68925416
Ultimate Cut has the whole side story about the kid and the newspaper salesman. And the whole animated story.
>>
>>68925484
>>68925486
Well fuck me. It's not even in the blu-ray I got
>>
File: drManhattan.jpg (186 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
drManhattan.jpg
186 KB, 1280x1024
>It's too late. Always has been, always will be. Too late.
>>
>>68924602
The hope that the world could be alright, when he knows inevitable it wouldn't.

The time, power, and recourses invested in a futile mission is the joke.

The hope that you think your existence promises you of a better tomorrow, is the worlds biggest ''It's a prank bro''.
>>
>>68924602
The Comedian has the lack of dumb hope and empathy, that Dr. Manhatten eventually comes to embody.
>>
File: 000000.jpg (116 KB, 1361x1077) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
116 KB, 1361x1077
>>68924602
That meeting set the course of the future of the human race in so many ways. It's amazing looking back on it when you read the comics.

Also Malin Ã…kermanis was so fucking hot in that movie.
>>
Holy shit the ultimate cut is expensive
>>
>>68924424
Bowie should have played Ozymandias
>>
>tfw /v/ ruined Ozymandius for me
>every time I see his face I'm reminded of quentin
>>
>>68927290
quentin is based
>>
>>68925117
i would assume from his wife
>>
>>68924903
Wrong he was upset because ozy's plan would sidestep his prediction of inevitable nuclear Armageddon. Having lived his whole life based around the belief that nothing mattered because human extinction was just around the corner and thus life could be treated as a joke his entire worldview was shattered by this. Ozy had essentially turned the joke on him making him a laughing stock and so all the violence and depravity he had done would come to lay directly on his shoulders. Granted he was also shocked by the death toll Ozy's plan would bring but even someone as edgy as him wouldn't risk mankind's existence on not being BTFO by Ozy.
>>
>>68924602
>It doesn't take a genius to see that the world has problems.
>Yeah, but it takes a room full of morons to think that they're small enough for you to handle.
Love that
>>
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 1816x2840) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 1816x2840
>>68924389
>>
>>68928777
>Good joke
always sounded hilarious in the movie
>>
I have to admit, while The Black Freighter was great I never understood how it tied back into the story of the comic. Hopelessness? The futility of your actions? Striving towards something that you know is fucked?
>>
>>68929148
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>68929199
is it satisfying being an asshole on the Internet?
>>
>>68929148
It's an amazing song with the imagery alone and the emotion. The best version of that song too. Who cares really. It can have so many meanings.

I mean the Pirate Jenny is sort of the Persona of the niggeress, and that alone ties it in to the plot.
>>
>>68929199
Too stupid for that apparently. Then again it's been a bunch of years since I read it, going back I might see something else.
>>
File: Watchmen_Dr_Manhattan_1920x1080.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen_Dr_Manhattan_1920x1080.jpg
541 KB, 1920x1080
>>68924540
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.