[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6 years later, what do you think of season 6? was it really the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Season_6_cover.png (1 MB, 1636x2281) Image search: [Google]
Season_6_cover.png
1 MB, 1636x2281
6 years later, what do you think of season 6?
was it really the worst season of the show?

personally, i think it probably was, because there HAS to be a "worst" season, and the flash sideways were taking up too much airtime (they should've been halved, they still would have had the same effect in the finale)

but with that being said, i thought it was still great. Ab Aeterno and Happily Ever After are GOAT episodes, and the finale was beautiful and emotionally exhausting.
>>
>>68923345

I liked how Claire's vagina made Kate remember things.

S6 was a good idea on paper but the execution was pretty shit, final and the last few episodes leading up to it were good though.

>Worst season
That's not 5
>>
>>68923461
5 was the best season you fucking pleb.
>>
File: durntoyah.jpg (121 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
durntoyah.jpg
121 KB, 683x1024
The only thing I miss about Lost is all the /tv/ memes. It was a simpler time back then.
>>
>>68923345
>locke has his back turned
>different from the rest
>always hype as fuck about how weird and important he is
>island cucks him with fat man and he dies

absolute fucking travesty
>>
something was off about S6.

the scenery seemed duller(the colouring), the music felt different too, its like they added new instruments or something. Also, the flash sideways for a long time were just bizarre and there was no relation to the island story whatsoever. They wanted to pull a season 1 I guess but considering that we have loved and followed these characters for 5 years, I think it was pretty fucking silly to try and give them new personality traits (at least in the first half)

also, there was some weird moments like, I think at the start of episode 3 you traverse the island from the monsters PoV... I dunno, that was hallmark tier.

It's like they hired a new crew or production company or some shit.

But the 2nd half was much stronger and the finale is an incredibly underappreciated episode. Pretty much everything was already answered before it even aired.
>>
The show begins to fall apart after season 3. Up until season 4 the show was still routed in realistic characters and themes. Then it gets really messy, losing all cohesiveness. Character arcs are completed with the show still a long way off finishing. Each episode began to end on a cheap cliffhanger without payoff or relevance to the overarching story.
>>
>>68923461
s3=s5>s2>s4>s6>s1
>>
>>68923638

The scene from the monster's POV while Iggy Pop played was classical. Locke's performance as the smoke monster was pretty good in general.
>>
>>68923707
i dont care what anyone says about s6, terry oquinn fucking carried the whole thing. playing 2 characters at the same time, both feeling completely different and unique.
>>
>>68923345
It was shit. First one was the best.
>>
>>68923638
>Pretty much everything was already answered before it even aired
Why cannot Man In Black leave the island and Jacob can?

>>68923677
This. The last episodes of s03 were the beginning of the end.
>>
>>68923677
Bullshit. Just because it embraced what it was (scifi fantasy) doesnt mean it wasn't cohesive. Sooner or later they had to dive into the mythology and the islands history, it was inevitable.

or would you have preferred if they just didnt explain the smoke monster, the visions, dead people appearing on the island, the island "talking" to people, etc?
>>
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
It's one of the best, actually. Once you know what the flash sideways are and what to expect. First run, yeah it was rough.

1>6 (rewatch)>5>3>2>4>6 (first run)
>>
S6 was fantastic, desu. Like the rest of the show. But it has one huge flaw, that sadly does put a dent on it, and makes it my least favorite season.

I think Lindelof himself said he regrets doing the Jacob episode. And I can see why. It just simply shows too much. Lost has always been about allowing viewers to interpret mysteries differently. But that episode showed the definite answer. There is nothing to really theorize about when you reveal that the "rules" were made up by a divine being (the Mother). That's it, all speculation thrown out the window.

But I also understand why they did it. People complain that the show didn't answer things now, I can't imagine what would have happened if that episode didn't air.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.