[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no deaths >lots of quips in pivotal battles >spiderman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg (294 KB, 1500x801) Image search: [Google]
civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg
294 KB, 1500x801
>no deaths
>lots of quips in pivotal battles
>spiderman doesn't change sides
>spiderman doesn't reveal himself to the world, he's just a meme comedy relief
>no thor fucking shit up
>no mention of the sokovia accords after it was first mentioned, no one cares about it by the end of the movie
>no school being blown up, just a random building, no deaths are shown, as mentioned
>another "it's hydra agents infiltrated!" plot
>another faceless bad guy that no one cares about
>we wuz finna kingz
>status quo remains the same by the end (all avengers side by side)

I've seen more things happening in direct-to-video movies, I shit you not.

Even the post-credit scenes (the one with panther and the one with spiderman) were shit.

Literally a movie that you have to turn your brain off to enjoy. Half the people in my movie theater clapped after the ending and during Spiderman's post-credit scene, though.
>>
File: 1460518222857.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1460518222857.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>68919877
>>
>>68919896

Where was DC mentioned, friend?
>>
>>68919877

Sounds like literally every movie Marvel has ever made. Why do people subject themselves to this.
>>
BvS blew it out of the water. Civil war was a massive disappointment as a marvel fan.
>>
>>68919877
Nice bait DC friend, your word of mouth is bound to harm this film, yeah.
>>
I wont lie i usually like the marvel franchise for the quips, but it actually got to me a bit in this movie.
I still loved it but at the same time i enjoyed the seriousness of BvS.
>>
>>68919977
In what reality?
>>
>>68919877
Is no one going to mention that they let themselves be manipulated by a man wearing a Bucky mask?
>>
>>68920067

wut
>>
The airport was a designated quipping circlejerk scene. There's a reason it took place in a completely irrelevant area. It's necessary for this movie to succeed in the box office.
>>
>>68919877
>nothing like the civil war comics

this is a good thing
>>
At the very end Tony should have put on his fucking iron man suit and found out where the fucked captain america was and killed that fucking cunt. Fuck him.
>>
>>68920048

The scale and scope was a lot more grand in B v S than in Civil War which felt small in scale. They had so many characters in Civil War that I felt each one (Apart from Cap) felt rushed.

Black Panther, Antman, and Spiderman, Vision all had too little screen time and shit tier characters like Warmachine, Falcon, Black Widow, Cap had too much.
>>
>>68920225
Was there a large title card to let everyone know it was at an airport?
>>
>>68919877
why would he though? the movie has nothing to do with identities
>>
File: 1461952017175.png (171 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1461952017175.png
171 KB, 1205x1285
>>68919877
>>
>>68920288
>Muh opinions

Oh, there was me thinking you meant something tangible.
>>
How did Tony find out Spiderman's identity so easily? Did he have a drone follow him home or something?

Kind of annoyed me how easily his identity was found and then Tony using it as a weapon against him.
>>
>>68920288
the emotional connection was there (end fight and reveal) and thats the important part about capeshit, Marvel won again
>>
>>68920380
Tony is a whiney, overly-emotional, manipulative liberal shit with too many skeletons in his closet. It's not out of character for him to get dirt on Spider-Man and take advantage of him for what he believes is a good cause when in reality all his beliefs are founded upon making himself feel better.
>>
>>68919877
>no deaths
They weren't trying to kill eachother.
Welcome to MCU
He was basically hired muscle in this.
Leave that for his own movie.
>no thor fucking shit up
Thor is an alien. Some stupid Earth UN contract is meaningless to him.
>no mention of the sokovia accords after it was first mentioned, no one cares about it by the end of the movie
It's in effect at the end of the movie.
>no school being blown up, just a random building, no deaths are shown, as mentioned
People died in that building. What difference does it make if it is a school, office building or whatever?
Wrong.
The antagonist of the movie was Tony Stark.
>we wuz finna kingz
really?
>status quo remains the same by the end (all avengers side by side)
did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>68920340

How can I give you evidence on something that is subjective to the watcher? Anything I say will be >Muh opinions.

I felt the fight between Batman and Superman was better shot and more engaging than the main quipfest at the airport
>>
Best movie Spiderman of all time by far, Black Panther was also great.
>>
>>68919877
>>no deaths
Were there necessary? I think killing cap would've been just a cheap way to end the movie
>>lots of quips in pivotal battles
I think there were no quips on the cap&bucky vs tony fight, and most in the big fight were pretty well balanced and in character, were you expecting spidey or scott not to quip?
>>spiderman doesn't reveal himself to the world
would've been totally unnecesary and irrelevant, in the comics it matters cuz he's a well known hero, here hes but a cheap youtube hoax
>>no thor fucking shit up
Dude he's gone, why the fuck would he been in the movie, he's got bigfer thing to worry about (ragnarok)
>>no mention of the sokovia accords after it was first mentioned, no one cares about it by the end of the movie
i feel it made sense, the conflict was more in the characters than in the ideas, the accords were only the means by wich you get to that, kinda like a mcguffin
>>68919877
>>no school being blown up, just a random building, no deaths are shown, as mentioned
So what?
>>68919877
>>another "it's hydra agents infiltrated!" plot
Wait what?
>>68919877
>>another faceless bad guy that no one cares about
Usually a problem i have with mcu movies is that they have shit villains but here a good villain would've been overshadowed by the other stuff that was happening and there would've been no time to flesh it out
>>68919877
>>we wuz finna kingz
What?
>>status quo remains the same by the end (all avengers side by side)
Dude not at all, everything is fucked, for everyone. Scarlett is scared shitless of her own power, vision is realising he can make mistakes and is becoming more human, tony really fucked up, black panter did a full 180' on this movie qnd maybe cap doesn't realize it yet but he was definitely wrong

I might add i prefer DC comics a ehole lot more than marvel but let's face it, mcu is doing a great job (flawed but still remarkable) and the dcmu is just a fucking trainwreck
>>
>>68919877
What kind of criticism is this?
Also
>random building
It's the UN building in Viena where the Accords were going to be signed.
>>
>>68919877
>no thor fucking shit up

The fact that DCucks pretend comic book Civil War is somehow good shows very well how desperate they are to pretend CW was shit.
Really sad.
>>
>>68920492

Think it will turn around after Suicide Squad, can see it doing Deadpool numbers at the box office. Justice League will be more cohesive than B v S, getting Superheroes to fight each other is good in theory but I don't think it works on a cinematic level.
>>
Despite the big airport fight, this was mostly a small-scale movie focusing on Tony, Steve, and Bucky. I guess people will have different reactions to that. I liked it.
>>
>>68920592
Suicide Squad is going to be shit. If you can't tell that from the trailers that rely almost entirely on songs everyone likes then there is no saving you.
>>
>>68920566

I really wanted to like it. I'm not sure if it was the cinema I was in that ruined it for me, had kids talking throughout the movie, one even dropped popcorn and started jumping on it. Wanted to hit the dad who just let it happen.
>>
>>68920641
Will Smith is the reason it will be shit
>>
>>68920566
Revealing Spider-Man's identity was such a fuck-up they ended up selling his marriage to the devil to undo it.
>>
>>68920641

Basically this. It looks like fucking ass that they're trying to sell as hard as they can on Leto's "absolute madman" Joker that will always be shit.
>>
>>68920679
Even bigger issue is that there's rumors that the Joker in the DCEU right now is dead and that he only appears in Harley's flashbacks.
>>
What was best line /tv/?

>"That thing doesn't even obey the laws of physics"

>"I don't care, he killed my mom"
>>
>>68920710

Interesting that he said "he killed my mom" instead of parents or mom and dad.

Deepest lore? Does He hold a grudge against his father for getting himself and his mother killed?
>>
>>68920710
MY FATHER MADE THAT SHIELD, IT'S NOT YOURS
Seeing him beaten and miserable shouting that was depressing.
>>
File: 51239434.gif (34 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
51239434.gif
34 KB, 240x180
>Tony literally blackmails and bribed a 15 year old kid into a fight he knows nothing about
>>
>>68920706

What in the upcoming Batman film or in SS? Because he is shown multiple times in instances that wouldn't make sense for a flashback scene in the SS trailer.

Where do all these DC "rumours" come from seems daily that all the films are cancelled, directer's have all fled, Harley is actually trans, SS will be rated U etc.
>>
>>68920753
Probably just some Freudian shit, he was grieving all over again and panicking and you'd probably just go with mummy if you weren't thinking much about it and just saying things while you're upset, unless your mum never loved you or some shit.
>>
File: 423498234734.jpg (69 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
423498234734.jpg
69 KB, 500x440
>>68920770
Not if you support Cap. Watching Cap drop that shield was honestly great.
>>
>>68919877
Ireally liked the movie,
I'll see it again tomorrow
>>
>>68920800
>supporting Cap
>muh Indiviualism muh "freedom"

ultimate beta
>>
>>68920800
I liked how Tony shielded his face and then Cap struck his chest. Tony is so fucked he actually believed Steve wanted to kill him.
>>
>>68920710
>I don't know if you've ever been in a fight before, but there's usually not this much talking
>>
>>68920706
It could be cool if he was killed by Batman and it secretly lead almost directly to the events of BvS, you see Batman still mourning the loss of Robin so he goes to his suit for a minute. All along Suicide Squad was directly inside the DCU and they could feature in say Justice League 2 or something far off.
>>
>>68920710
"IS THIS STUFF COMING OUT OF YOU??"
>>
>>68919977
Just compare how each movie gets the same message across to the viewers and heroes.

In BvS, batmans sees the destruction of a superman-esque fight first hand, no dialogue, just caught in the collateral. We see how superman effects people in both good and bad ways, directly and indirectly and it sets everything up perfectly, seamlessly.

On the other hand in Civil War, the heroes are literally sat down in front of a screen shown what they did previous times and told directly "you are hurting people, you should feel bad". Each character takes a side arbitrary, rather than them personally being pushed either way.

One is clever and uses the visual medium to its advantage, the other is lazy as fuck.
>>
>>68920842

Yet people think these movies have no subtlety.

>>68920830

>Not supporting Cap

You're essentially a dumb wagecuck G-man.
>>
>>68920793
It's not those kind of rumors, more like actually valid theories connecting dots made by people.

Plus, if Batman killed people, why not his biggest enemy?
>>
The movie builds a lot the relationship between Tony/Peter and Steve/Bucky

imo both cap and iron man are dying on infinity war and have the other two carry their legacies to phase four
>>
>>68920842

How did he know that by destroying the thing in Tonys chest that that wouldn't kill him? Can't remember if they sorted out this thing keeping him alive in previous films.
>>
>>68920874
>Each character takes a side arbitrary
If you watched it you would see each ones motives to choose what side they chose.
>>
>>68920901
That will depend on how well received this Spiderman and his movie are.

I'd love to see RDJ killed off, but I don't think they have the stones to do it.
>>
File: 1457264917198.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457264917198.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
>>68920956

I hope they don't fuck up the Spiderman movie. They already have the best movie Spiderman so far, as long as it has a half-decent script it will be a lot better than any other spiderman movie.
>>
>>68920906

>Why was Antman on Caps side?
>Why was Wanda on Cap's side?
>Why does Spiderman just blindly follow Stark and fight heroes without a cause?

Too much of the taking sides was just down to them being in the same location at the same time.
>>
>>68920956
RDJ will need to go eventually. Guy's getting old.
>>
>>68920901
>killing off Iron Man
yeah nah they will never do it, Cap will die protecting him or something like that
>>
>>68920997
Because Ant-Man is an outlaw already but he's a good person at heart. Just like Cap under the new legislation.
Who cares?
Because he's a stupid kid with no money.
>>
>Billionaire visits your nephew and locks himself in his room with him telling the aunt he's giving him a scolarship.
Am I the only one who thinks this is weird?
>>
>>68920997
>"Never trust a Stark."
>Teenager, anti authority
>Teenager, caught up in hero worship

Not hard to follow.
>>
>spiderman is being a cheeky cunt
>this is bad and not normal for him

>Thor
>in Civil War
>>
>>68919877
>no thor fucking shit up
>we wuz finna kingz

So OP is basically
>i just search about civil war comic to make shitpost on /tv/ and put some meems
fucking pathetic i bet he is a dckuk
>>
I am the biggest DC fanboy ever. I have spent the last two years hoping that BvS would be amazing and blow MCU out of the water.

Even I can admit that BvS was underwhelming while Civil War basically delivered on everything it promised.
>>
>>68920997

Because people on Caps side were the only people who knew who the fuck he was and also he clearly loved Captain America and saw him as a hero who could do no wrong.
They both took the blame for what happened at the start of the film with the innocents getting killed. In the end Scarlett Witch admired how Cap dealt with the guilt of it and saw it as right, hence siding with him.
Because Stark literally blackmailed him and made him a suit and everything. It's not like he was killing anyone.
>>
>>68920997
>>68921048
She hates stark and shes also a follower, just like falcon
>>
>>68920997
Sam asked him for help and he agreed.
Tony's side was already treating her like a criminal.
He's a 15 year old who just got his powers 6 months ago and a genius superhero visits him and gives him money, a proper superhero outfit and asks for help.
>>
>>68919877
>no thor fucking shit up
Good riddance you boring motherfucker.
>>
>>68921096
Maximum bait
This is like the complete opposite of reality
>>
>>68921048

All the film needed was a scene where Cap explained to Antman and Hawkeye why they needed to fight and that would have been cool, but it was just brushed over.

Also would they have been forced to reveal their real names? This wasn't really made clear.
>>
>>68920997
>Wanda
Because they literally lock her up in a building against her own will because of a mistake she didn't have control of

Plus when they eventually arrest her, they put her in a straight jacket and they throw her into a prison.
>>
>>68920874
Which would be relevant if it wasn't because BvS throws all that out the window and the fight happens because Lex ruses both of them into fighting each other.
>>
>>68921194

It wasn't even a mistake really. Far more people would have died if she had let the detonation go off on the street.
>>
>>68921147
Meta-bait
>>
>>68921081
>"Never trust a Stark."
>"Who are you?"
i keked a little
>>
>>68920902
He got it out in IM3
>>
>>68920997
Cap fanboy, he already dislikes Stark.

The fact that they were treating her like a monster from the beggining.

Impressionable kid was approached by a famous superhero.
>>
>>68921179
>It needed explaining
To you. Not to many other posters here
>identities
Never been an issue, why now?
>>
>>68919877
The airport battle wasn't meant to be serious. Stark was only trying to capture them. It only got serious when Rhodey was shot down.
Also the final battle which was very serious had absolutely no quips at all.
>>
>>68919877
serious post. saw movie yesterday.

started off pretty generic and boring but in hindsight it's just laying groundwork for the second half which very good

airport fight scene as good as they say, really funny and full of surprises. ant-man steals the show and each character is used very well.

rhodey's accident is handled very well and people genuinely care if he lives or dies

there are a LOT of characters in this and all of it is set up simply and pays off well: vision & wanda. iron man & his parents. zemo.

the message and what is saying is predictably simple but coherent.

it DOES change the status quo of the MCU by the end and leaves you excited for whats to come

spiderman was very good, also black panther and it's a testament to the screenwriting that it doesn't feel stuffed

my girlfriend pointed out that the movie would be 30 min long if you cut all the fight scenes and it's true-- but so what? if with just 30 minutes of dialogue scenes expo you can coherently excuse all those well-executed, funny, exciting fight sequences and have the characters make SENSE, then you must be doing something right.

>inb4 shill
>>
"My father made that shield. Give it back, you don't deserve it!"

How does it make you feel knowing that such emotionally strong moments will never happen in DCEU?
>>
>>68921179
>Ant-Man
He's already a Cap fanboy, he wants to get in the whole superhero matter, and he already disliked Tony.

>Hawkeye
To protect Wanda. He feels he owes her since the last member of her family sacrificed himself to save him.
>>
>>68921440
Superman's death was more emotional than anything in the MCU combined
>>
>>68921489
>death
>>
>>68920710
"You don't deserve it"
>>
>>68921489

>Dies
>A couple of minutes later
>JUST KIDDING HE'S NOT DEAD!

So this... is the emotional impact... of a DC movie... Wow...
>>
I know nothing about Black Panther so I was genuinely surprised to see it was the black prince. It was obvious in hindsight, but yeah I just enjoyed that.
>>
>>68921147
This is not bait. This is just my opinion. I have always loved DC way more than Marvel. This year at the movies has been really disappointing.
>>
>>68921489
>Superman's Death
He isn't dead, it was nothing.
>Emotional
How? I had no emotional connection to Snyder's Superman, 30 odd minutes of fake funeral didn't force one on me.
>>
>>68921435
what are the motives for spiderman, ant man, and hawkeye to even be there?
>>
Why hasn't Iron Man built a vibranium suit?
>>
>>68921489
Biggest bait ever
>>
>>68921096
I feel you, man. I wanted DCCU to work too, but it just hasn't. Sucks so hard... I want a reboot within the decade.
>>
>>68921637
Because he would have to steal the Vibranium from Wakanda, and the last thing he wants is to anger T'Challa.
>>
>>68921584
You could read the thread.
>>
>>68921584
see
>>68921398
>>68921111
>>68921081

>you in charge of reading the thread
>>
>>68921584

Spiderman was blackmailed and bought by Stark.
Ant Man was essentially recruited and agreed to help because he sympathizes with outlaws, being one himself, and he loves Captain America. Hawk Eye believed in the same things as Captain America and felt that he owed Scarlett Witch for her brother dying saving him.
>>
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TONY HELP THERE'S A CAPESHIT THREAD ON /TV/ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TONY PLEASE AHH
>>
>>68921584
Spidey said he wants to impress mister stark
>>
>>68920997
>why was antman on caps side
Feels bad about fucking with Falcon, and is an outlaw that understands following your own moral compass.
>why was wanda on cap's side
She was imprisoned within Avengers HQ by tony, who while doing it for the right reasons, went about it the wrong way. She felt betrayed.
Because Tony is Spidey's biggest hero. You cannot say that if the person you basically worshipped in life came and visited you and asked you for your help, that you would turn it down.

That and tony would have told his MILF aunt what he was, lel.
>>
>>68921921
>Right reasons
Wanda dindu nuffin at Logos. In fact she saved more lives. It was not like she was at fault for what happened.
>>
>>68920753
Because he had a terrible relationship with his father. They literally explain this 20 minutes into the movie.
>>
>>68921986
Meanwhile, Tony, who was entirely responsible for Ultron, walks free
>>
File: 1461979923122.png (871 KB, 1360x729) Image search: [Google]
1461979923122.png
871 KB, 1360x729
>>68922089
Being Wanda is suffering, you should know that by now.
>>
>>68922089
I am sure not many people know about Ultron's origin which is why Stank is still so popular. But you can see why he is so desperate to make amends in this movie.
>>
>>68921986
They didn't imprison her to protect other people. They did it to protect HER from other people.

Or at least that's what I think they did it for. Mind's hazy on the exact wording.
>>
>>68922139
Did you watch the movie?
Vision starts off by telling they are keeping her here to keep her safe but when she pushes the question, Vision hints it is the other way around and that others are afraid of her and they don't see her the way he does.
>>
>>68922139
Nah, Vision made it pretty clear she was locked up to protect other people from her.
>>
>>68922167
>Vision hints it is the other way around and that others are afraid of her and they don't see her the way he does.

Shit needed some time to settle down. Everybody in the world basically thought she killed all those people through sheer negligence. Not that she did, but you can tell that people would need a bit of time to recover. If people saw her on the street, you can bet there'd be issues.

Not saying it was totally right, but it wasn't totally wrong either. In fact, they basically wanted to keep everybody at Avengers HQ and sign the accords, but Cap had to do "muh moral compass".

Like I said I did watch it but my mind's hazy on the details. Might have to watch it again, if only for the Spiderman parts.

Oh yeah, that too. Spidey was fucking excellent. Best rendition of Spidey yet.

>That thing doesn't obey the laws of physics
>Hey guys you remember Empire Strikes Back?
>You have the right to remain silent!
>basically everything he says.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Lq5Na3SM
>>
>>68922127
>Mr....Stank...?
Based Staneo
>>
>>68922254
Better to have muh moral compass than have UN's moral compass. Cap is right this time regarding the accords.
>>
>>68922254
>Spidey referencing Empire Strikes Back when bringing GiAnt Man down
>all the other Avengers calling out Tony for bringing a kid to the fight

So good
>>
>>68919877
>expecting deaths
>minimal quips - less than other films
>expecting spider-man to change sides
>expecting spider-man to reveal himself in the film he's introduced
>thinking adding in another character was a good idea
>ignoring how the accords are what jails the team
>valid point here - but why would there be a school near the CDC?
>thinking Zemo was hydra - even after scene where the kills hydra man
>completely missing tragic backstory for zemo
>meme
>not understanding all the avengers are fugitives now and Iron man's team is now government sanctioned

Try harder anon. Why do you hate it so much? Who hurt you

[spoilers]Credit scenes were disappointing though. First one could've been in the movie and neither added much. Although more spider-man is always good.
>>
>>68922254
If Tony had spoken to Wanda personally about how delicate the situation was, she probably would have acquiesced and stayed put. Instead he just assigned a 24 hour security detail to her and treated her like a ticking time bomb. That's not how you get people on your side.
>>
>>68922321
Nice spoilers freshcunt
>>
>>68922271
Stan-lee is the Man-lee.

All of his cameos are s fucking brilliant and he KNOWS he's doing it just to take the absolute piss out of himself and it's fucking excellent.

>>68922309
Basically any part with Spidey in it is fucking 10/10. I can't wait for the next spidey movie, shame they went with such a lame arse villain.
>>
>They didn't directly adapt a shitty event
*Perfect memeing for tee vee*

REEEE Anon. REEE
>>
>>68919877

nobody ever dies in marvel films because they're too big of pussies to take a risk.

oh wait they killed that faggot brother of scarlet witch, big deal

hope the stock market crashes tomorrow so that piece of shit company stops making these films
>>
>>68922380
Snyder pls go.
>>
>>68919877
Most of those complaints seem to be

>MUH COMIC BOOK IS DIFFERENT
>>
>>68922353

The villain was fine and perfectly forwarded the plot. People complain about it being generic shit yet fail to recognize when something different happens. Like how they showed a whole scene of those other winter soldiers fucking shit up only for it to be a red herring and having the big bad murder them in their sleep. His little end scene with black panther was great too.
>>
>>68922392
Which would be remotely valid if it wasn't because the comic Civil War was garbage.
>>
File: 1460473146014.png (97 KB, 735x608) Image search: [Google]
1460473146014.png
97 KB, 735x608
>>68922380
>hope the stock market crashes tomorrow so that piece of shit company stops making these films
>>
>>68922411
It wouldn't be valid either way, anybody should understand that film and comic are 2 totally different mediums and you can't just translate it across exactly the same
>>
File: 1459567652272.jpg (631 KB, 1549x855) Image search: [Google]
1459567652272.jpg
631 KB, 1549x855
Has this been updated yet?
>>
>Muh sokovia
It got old fast
>>
>>68922380
Like how Superman can't stay dead in the film where he """"""""""dies""""""""""?
>>
>>68922410
No I meant the villain in the next spidey movie. They went with Vulture. He's not exactly top tier supervillain material.
>>
File: 1456483468015.jpg (233 KB, 957x1078) Image search: [Google]
1456483468015.jpg
233 KB, 957x1078
>>68922380
>nobody ever dies in marvel films because they're too big of pussies to take a risk.

Meanwhile in DC, when Superman "died" they literally had to show the audience by the end of the movie that he was still alive
>>
>>68922450
Considering it's at 27%, no.
>>
>op clearly didn't see film
>121 replies

lel
>>
>>68922504
I mean is there a version with Civil War added
>>
>>68920874
Yup.

BvS was lazy as fuck
>>
>>68920710
This isnt freedom

This is fear
>>
>>68922563
>lol, this meme will bait them!
>>
How long and complicated is the last fight scene?
>>
>>68922782

It's pretty long but it's not very complicated.
>>
what was the best scene and why was it the helicopter flexing scene
>>
>"He's my friend."
>"So was I."
That seemed to be more emotionally impacting in the trailer. There should've been a bit more of a delay between the lines to be more emotional. Would've been great.
>>
>>68921012
Is there ever an older Tony Stark storyline in the comics?
>>
>>68922782
I think it's like 10 minutes but there is a scene with Zemo and Black Panther that breaks it up. Easily the best fight scene in the mcu and seeing cap beat the shit out of Tony after Bucky lost his arm was great.
>>
>>68922829
It just shouldn't have been in the trailer.
>>
>>68922864
No one ages in comics, except Dredd.
>>
Ant-Man and Spider-man totally stole the show during the main fight, but I pretty sure they were meant to. What was impressive was how they did that AND still kept the fight pretty balanced with everyone being involved.

Except Black Widow, but what can a lady with a pistol do against all these superheroes?
>>
>>68922866
>seeing cap beat the shit out of Tony after Bucky lost his arm was great

Tony beat the absolute piss out of Cap. Hands down. Cap was bleeding and leaking fluids out of his whole entire face. Tony only lost because bucky was a cunt and jerked his leg.

Tony was literally beating them to the fucking shithouse even in a 2v1 situation.

Tony confirmed for best Avenger. Has the best character too.
>>
>>68922825
That was ridiculous.
I don't deny Cap is strong enough to hold done a helicopter. But he was just standing on the ground. So he only has his own weight to hold it down, he's not that heavy.
>>
>>68923011
Batman did.
>>
>>68923147
No, he tried at first but it pulled him to the ledge and he held on to the helipad rim with the other arm.
>>
There were 5 other better failed winter soldiers but Hydra never thought to use them when their backs were cornered?
>>
>>68923147
Wouldn't just throwing the balance off suddenly fuck up a take off?
>>
>>68923183
I knew someone would say that.
It should've pulled him to the ledge immediately. But Cap was pulling it down with his own weight.
>>68923190
Not for as long as it did.
>>
>>68923189
I think Hydra got hit hard before they had a chance of using them.
>>
>2nd avenger movie problem is caused by Tony's arrogance
>3rd CA movie problem is caused by Tony's guilt (and wife leaving him)
What a bitch.

And Wanda's the one who was put in a straight jacket while he pranced about infront of their cages
>>
>>68923100
Did you see Tony at the end of the fight. Dudes face was all jacked up and Steve ended up being the winner. Yeah it was a 2v1 but Tony had such a huge technological advantage over them and yet he still ended up losing the fight.
>>
>>68923175
"Did" being the operative word.
>>
>>68923189
They're unpredictable.
>>
I haven't watched any Marvel movie since the first Avengers and don't regret it one bit.

It's dog shit. It's shovelware. It's the movie equivalent of Wii shovelware. Movies made by executives, formulaic and without passion.

Probably killing cinema more than Michael Bay ever could.
>>
>>68921404

Maybe not explaining but it felt like they were fighting because they wanted to and not for something bigger. Antman was fighting because he liked Cap etc when he should be fighting for being forced to fight for the government and reveal his identity, same with Hawkeye.

All it needed was a 30 second scene and then it would have felt a bit more pivotal.
>>
>>68923338
Sorry I lied, I did watch and enjoy The Wolverine, but that and the other X-Men really has very little in common with the rest of the cancerous Marvel shit. Keeping quips to a minimum which is respectable in this day and age.
>>
>>68920777
>Blackmails a kid by saying he will tell his aunt
Tony Stark is literally worse than Hitler

>Bribed
No. And I bet you consider work salaries to be bribes as well

>A fight he knows nothing about.
A fight where no one was meant to die. The horror!
>>
>>68923365
>he should be fighting for being forced to fight for the government and reveal his identity, same with Hawkeye.
Why would they be fighting for that?

That's not what the Accords deal was. Ant-Man fought because he wants to get into the superhero scene and he's a Cap fan. Hawkeye fought because he didn't want to do nothing while his friends were fighting, he agreed with Cap and felt he owed Wanda since her brother died protecting him.

This was all obvious and didn't need exposition. You could tell by their dialogue and behavior.
>b-but muh comic
The movie doesn't follow them. Get over it.
>>
>>68923290
His face was all fucked up because bucky caused him to lose concentration and put him off balance which let cap fuck him up. Until then, his AI was analyzing cap's moves and countering him totally, which he can only do 1v1 against another fighter.

Plus cap had the Vibranium shield which is fucking ludicrously overpowered.

Stark should make a suit out of vibranium
>>
>>68920842
Well, that's because Cap knew about the nasty secret he didn't bothered to share
>>
>>68920492
Reddit: the replies
>>
>>68923472

Perhaps you're right. I just thought the whole Accords deal was forced into the background when it should have been the forefront of the fight.

Would have just loved to see Daredevil, Spidey, Antman (to some extent), and others fighting to protect their secret identities instead of fighting because they personally like some characters more than others.
>>
>>68923550

Pretty sure his face got fucked up when Bucky was crushing it with his robo arm.
>>
>>68923574
Identities have never been an issue since Stark went public as Iron Man and they aren't part of the Accords because it's never been part of MCU to be an issue. Get over it.
>>
>>68921435
>airport fight scene as good as they say, really funny and full of surprises. ant-man steals the show and each character is used very well.

I say both Ant-Man and Spider-Man stole the show there. I can't tell which one of them was better.
>>
>>68923574
>others fighting to protect their secret identities
They were not at risk of being exposed. The accords deal was for the Avengers only, not everyone.

Nobody even really knows Ant-Man and Spider-Man exist. Hence the explanation Spider-Man got his powers 6 months ago and stopped a few crimes/accidents in blue and red pajamas AND Antman being the butt of "who are you?" jokes.
>>
>>68923694

He did say though those who don't sign are forced to retire of vigilantes. Personally wouldn't say it was just the Avengers who had to sign. As Antman etc were in prison for not complying. Daredevil and others would have been pushed into it later.
>>
>>68923757

*or become vigilantes.
>>
>>68923757
He said that to a room of Avengers.
It was meant to apply solely to the Avengers.
>>
>>68923282
>2nd avenger movie problem is caused by Tony's arrogance
>3rd CA movie problem is caused by Tony's guilt (and wife leaving him)

No, the 3rd CA movie problem was caused by Steve's arrogance. And Tony's arrogance actually saved them in the 2nd Avenger movie when Vision was created.
>>
File: 1460226537828.png (271 KB, 692x695) Image search: [Google]
1460226537828.png
271 KB, 692x695
>>68919921
>>
>>68919877
Best superhero movie that I've ever seen! Ever!
>>
>>68920465
This.
>>
>>68923937
>And Tony's arrogance actually saved them in the 2nd Avenger movie
How does that change the fact that it was entirely his fault?

And now he's imprisoning his colleagues for much lesser "crimes".
>>
>>68924016
>he's imprisoning

"no"
>>
File: 1461647327566.jpg (20 KB, 467x414) Image search: [Google]
1461647327566.jpg
20 KB, 467x414
>>68922412
>>
>>68919877
Did the OP even watch the movie?
>>
I know captain America but who are these other characters? IM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!! TOO MANY CHARACTERS
>>
>>68924027
Fine, he's apprehending them knowing full well what will follow.
>>
>>68923565
excellent reply man
>>
>>68924054
The alternative was not agreeing to the deal, and all of them will be hunted down and either jailed or killed
>>
>>68921398
>Cap fanboy
>Impressionable kid was approached by a famous superhero

TRULY AN IDEOLOGICAL BATTLE OF THE AGES
>>
Fuck this shit , did Stan 'absorbed Hemsworth career except MCU to extend his life' Lee made a cameo?
>>
>>68924016

>How does that change the fact that it was entirely his fault?
Because he was under the influence of Wanda's spell.

Besides, everybody has flaws. If he were a Mary Sue than people would be bitching that he's too perfect and boring.

>And now he's imprisoning his colleagues for much lesser "crimes".
No, and he allowed them to escape in the end. When Tony received the emergency call in the end he ignored it.
>>
>>68924094
Yeah, I prefer it when Sociopath aliens have a brawl killing thousands. Or that time a sociopath alien, some chick and a murdering vigilante killed a cave troll.
>>
It's kind of funny how both BIG comic book movies this year are about two opposing ideals clashing, coming off the back of major destruction and civilian casualties in the previous iterations. Heroes being reigned in (or trying to be).

Too bad only Civil War did it right
>>
>>68919877

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again
>>
>>68919877
Zemo was Lex Jr made right
>>
>>68924260
>shower
>theatre
>>
>>68924260
You forgot
>forgot my anvil
>>
>>68924170
While I don't think either are very good movies. Civil War definitely did it better and its also not a total and utter bore to watch. One thing Marvel movies serious lack is decent cinematography. BvS at least had some strong imagery when is didnt look like a network show. Can't say the same for Civil War. The only thing that stood out was the final shot of Iron man beaten with Caps shield, Bucky's arm and his helmet on the ground. They really need to step their game up with that shit and get some iconic imagery.
>>
>>68924284
The whole thing was everything BvS could have been.
>>
File: 1460760358556.png (110 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
1460760358556.png
110 KB, 633x568
>>68919877
>No Grimdark
>No Snyder
>No Piss JAR
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>68924316
Honestly, the way Marvel plays it understated, lets it flow and even the quick editing of fights makes it feel like a comic, with the big moments like you mention feeling like splash pages.
>>
>>68924345
does anyone have that mspaint pic of that hipster girl preaching her hipster movie shit then the frat boy going TIME TO WATCH TRANSFORMERS while she sucks him off?
>>
>>68924407
To clarify, this isn't a criticism. I actually think it's very subtly done to evoke the feeling of reading a comic. Or at least thats how Civil War felt to me.
>>
I'm DC fan but I think Civil War is a decent Marvel movie. Not better than WS but absolutely better than Ultron. It has some personal and heart element which are always a plus. They have been trying to make Avengers fall apart since the first movie, and finally they've done it in this movie. I think its the right decision because at this point we all have been really familiar with the characters, we care about them, they have matured throughout the series, so Marvel can just kinda let the story goes and let the characters decide themselves, everything feels organic and sensible. I hope BvS was taking this road but DC cant help rushing everyone to Justice League.
>>
>>68920067

They tell you the dude was basically the Sokovian version of Black Widow.

Admittedly Zemo doesn't add much to the movie since you could just have Stark find a SHIELD file with the footage shown to him at the end and hang part of his motivations around that any way, but whatever.
>>
>>68924579
Zemo demonstrates why the accords are fucked.

A Literally Who could have gained access to Five Winter Soldiers. If all of the Avengers were shackled by the accords, this would keep happening. Criminals operating under the radar and not being stopped due to speed of response.
>>
>>68924284
no he wasnt, Zemo was a fucking abomination you fucking retard
>>
>>68921489
Even that talking raccoon and tree from guardians of the galaxy were more emotional/funny/better than that clusterfuck of sad batman movie
>>
About halfway through the movie it actually clicked a bunch of captured super-powered individuals in a prison under the control of Thunderbolt Ross .

I got so hyped for a Thunderbolts teaser.
>>
File: 1461550508720.jpg (121 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1461550508720.jpg
121 KB, 800x600
>>
Non latino link anywhere?
>>
>>68924761
>I got more feels from Vin Treesil than Superman
Fuck, you're right.
DC, Snyder, why...?
>>
I'm kinda hype for Black Panther movie now
>>
>>68921440
Bet Tony's been waiting to say that everytime he sees Cap and that shield. Even from the first time they met Tony has said things like how basically Cap is Stark industries' product.
>>
>>68925043
He was one of the best parts of the movie, Black Panther is in good hands.

Does anyone know how much of the stunt-work Chadwick did himself?
>>
File: reeee.gif (345 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
reeee.gif
345 KB, 512x512
>people actually enjoyed Civil, the bland War

holy shit, how small is your brain?
>>
>>68925280
>disliking Civil War unironically
>>
>>68925309

>liking civil war unironically
>>
>>68925309
you're retarded
>>
>>68925043

Yeah.

I mean, we literally have Zack Snyder saying "You can't have two super-heroes standing around and being all super serious about how much they hate each other, it doesn't work, it's unbelievable" and then Marvel replying with "Oh, FUCKING REALLY? We're gonna make a movie about that shit. It will also have a black cat dude who moves like a cat. And has claws. Choke on my dick!"

The difference in approach is just staggering. We have one series where the guy in charge is publically saying superheroes are dumb and anyone who likes them is dumb. Then we have another series where the guys in charge are saying "Being a superhero would be FUCKING AWESOME! We're gonna make movies that celebrate superheroes!"
>>
ITT: full-on damage control

nice
>>
>>68925280
it's called having a good taste
>>
>>68919877
>Quips
Why is every single character in the MCU a stand up comedian?

Like I don't mind a few funny lines and some banter.
But every other line is a joke and they all feel like they are written by the same person.
No wonder people died in Sokovia, the Avengers are so busy out-quipping eachother during fights that they don't take the time to stop and look at the damage they are causing.
>>
>No ones replying to the incognito Evans poster

Has /tv/ finally learnt?
>>
>>68926819
Yeah, I loved how quippy Tony was at MIT.
>"A building fell on him? We're Avengers, not architects"
Or during that video, where Tony gave the Iniago Montoya speech to Bucky.
SO MANY QUIPS
>>
>>68926819
That's why I enjoyed how the handled Black Panther.

I like the quips but I can see how they can get annoying to some people. They finally have someone who's no fun and games. Watch for Black Quipthar solo movie.
>>
>>68920465
Thanks for typing this up for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 470x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 470x319
>>68920710

>I could do this all day

If you know where you've heard that line before, it's fucking orgasmic.

Pic oh so very related
>>
>>68920997
>never trust a stark
>stark killed my parents
>don't tell aunt may

Not rocket science
>>
>>68926819
people in real life use humor all the time, not everyone is an autist like you
>>
File: holy shit.gif (1 MB, 325x220) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.gif
1 MB, 325x220
>>68927349
>mfw that reference
>>
>>68920710
>I'm the boss, I'm the boss, I'm the boss
>>
>>68919877
>>no deaths

Whedon fag pls go. Killing major characters as a cheap way to raise the stakes is a hack move that has ruined comics. This film rose above that shit and found better ways to create conflict

>>lots of quips in pivotal battles

Actually they stopped the quips when the fights turned from prevention to revenge.

>>spiderman doesn't change sides
>>spiderman doesn't reveal himself to the world, he's just a meme comedy relief
>Be the same as the comic books damn it

>>no thor fucking shit up
>Be different from the comic books damn it

Make up your mind, senpai.

>>no mention of the sokovia accords after it was first mentioned, no one cares about it by the end of the movie

You literally didn't watch the movie.

>>no school being blown up, just a random building, no deaths are shown, as mentioned

They showed a dead child.

>>another "it's hydra agents infiltrated!" plot

Nope. Zimo wasn't Hydra, he just used Hydra intel to manipulate the Winter Soldier.

>>another faceless bad guy that no one cares about

Who?

>>we wuz finna kingz

Ebin meme my nig.

>>status quo remains the same by the end (all avengers side by side)

Almost every Avenger is now a fugitive.

In conclusion, DC is going to go bankrupt, Henry Cavill is on suicide watch, and because of Zack Synder, the Falcon is now a higher drawing superhero than Superman.
>>
>>68927534
Solo Falcon movie when?
>Redwing as drone was inspired
>>
>>68919896
>>68923962
No wonder everyone hates capeshitters.
>>
>>68927534
>Killing major characters as a cheap way to raise the stakes is a hack move that has ruined comics

What ruined comics is that those deaths are never permanent. There's no reason to care if you know that characters will never stay dead
>>
>>68927462
And that's fine. But literally every line between them is a quip and it gets ridiculous.
>>
File: Captain America Civil War.png (36 KB, 360x490) Image search: [Google]
Captain America Civil War.png
36 KB, 360x490
>>
>>68927780
>>68927106
>>
>>68927629
He actually got a decent amount of screen-time and development for a B-venger, I was happy with him in the film despite not loving him in Winter Soldier (as a character, not performance wise).
>>
>>68920465

>They weren't trying to kill eachother.

Then why the fuck call it Civil War?

Why not Civil Disagreement?

I wanted to see a fucking war and all I got was a useless brawl on a parking lot.
>>
>>68927816
It's a lot harder to get people excited for Civil Disagreement.

Just give it up.
>>
>>68927816
>The objective of war is death
ummm, no?
>>
>>68927816
>War has to be physical

It was an war over ideals. Yeah, there's the hyped fight scene (super powered individuals in a battle royale doing as much damage as a small war), but behind each of them is their ideals.
>>
>>68927816
Captain America: Alternative Dispute Resolution
>>
Do people here actually wathc capeshit?

what the fuck
>>
>>68927885
Fuck off with your ideals. This is the same shit as BvS. There is nothing in this movie that couldn't have been resolved over a 30 minute conversation.
>>
>>68927892
If I knew how to Wathc, I would. Is it sexual?
>>
>>68927861
It wasn't a war. It was the ususal "good guy gets framed, goes on the run hunted by other good guys and in the endntheynteam up against the real bad guy"-plot.

Good enough for a a kids movie. Nothing really bad happens, all works out in the end.

Simp!e plot for simple people.
>>
>>68927910
They tried to have a conversation before Cap found out about Peggy, and they were just going in circles.
>>
>>68927910
Sounds like a great film.
>>
>>68927958
I'm not saying that it should have been a conversation, I'm saying they should stop feeding us this bullshit line that these are great characters engaged in a fundamental battle of ideals when it basically boils down to "Fuck you, let's fight" "Them's fighting words"
>>
>>68927949
Yeah, that analysis only shows your wilful ignorance. You aren't even reading threads you post in, so why bother engaging you further?
>>
>>68927910
Except in Civil War it actually worked.

They had a conversation and couldn't resolve it, they had governments mandate it and they couldn't resolve it. This wasn't something that could be talked about (for these characters).

They're all around the same power level (except Vision and an unstable Wanda), so there was no situation where one party could just hold another down so they could speak. Unlike literally god Superman not being able to pin Batman to the ground and talk sense into him because of reasons.
>>
>>68928019
So you've not seen it?
So your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>68920262
>Tony still mad Cap and Bucky beat his ass

Go to bed, RDJ.
>>
>>68928028
Typical autists bringing power levels into it. It's made-up bullshit; nobody cares about power levels.

See >>68927949
>>
>>68927935

i wathc your mom getting fucked
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.