[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x750
What went wrong?
>>
Not enough /ss/.
>>
Budget $150 million[2][3]
Box office $1.670 billion
>>
The lack of animatronics really killed the realism for me, not to mention the CGI sucked.
I still enjoyed it though.
>>
Literally everything
>>
>>68917981
what does it matter if its anamatronic or cgi? its still fake you autist
>>
that qt assistant that literally did nothing wrong got eaten
>>
that rape scene really felt out of place.
>>
>>68918035
>it's still fake you autist

You do realize we're talking about 1) dinosaurs and 2) a movie, right?

You're a fucking dipshit.
>>
>>68918035

In jurassic park, it felt like the actors were amongst actual living dinosaurs thanks to the amazing visuals and practical effects mixed with a decent amount of cgi.

Jurassic world was all CGI for the most part. Even the big fucking doors entering jurassic park were cgi. Yeah it's a movie and it's all fakes but seeing the obviously fake cgi completely takes me out of the immersion of the movie. Same thing with making a thick mommy able to sprint in heels.
>>
>>68918035
>It's still fake
I guess they could have just used sock puppets then, huh?

Retard.
>>
>>68917748
what went right would be an easier question, not much at all
>>
>>68918493
The Rexy and Blue vs Indominus fight.
>>
>>68917748

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again
>>
I thought it started ok with how the park looked and seeing how it operates. Then shit went bad real quickly when that Indominus got out. Only thing that brought me back was GOAT T Rex winning his fight and then bro fisting the raptor
>>
They really overdid the "cute" factor with velociraptors and T-Rex in the last part. I believe they were even trying to make them emote their faces. Was a bit cringey.

It also felt a bit too much like JP but bigger better and more shiny".

I liked it. It has best dino. Hope for more ankylosaurus action next time.
>>
More white people should have died
>>
>>68918704
>JP5
>evil scientists create a dinosaur containing the DNA of all the carnivorous dinosaurs they've found
>climax is it getting the everloving shit beaten out of it by a Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, Anantotitan, and Therizinosaurus, with the final blow being a Brachiosaurus stomping on its head
>>
Nothing. What did you expect?
>>
>>68917748
I liked it up until the last act.

The raptors' betrayal and subsequent un-betrayal happened way too fast.

Making dinosaurs for the military is a retarded and silly concept.

Releasing the T. Rex served no purpose other than nostalgia. It devalued the raptors' role, and both of their roles were further devalued by the Mosasaur being the one to kill I-Rex.

Owen was a Mary Sue.
>>
>>68919046
>Owen was a Mary Sue.

>tfw my name is Owen irl.
>since it's somewhat uncommon, get a slight jump when I see other people with the name.
>Jurassic Park was my favorite film franchise growing up.
>MC is Owen, and he trains velociraptors

>See the movie with 14 y/o bro for my 24th birthday
>Thought it was okay.
>Would have gone bananas as a little kid.

Not enough death scenes, and no Ian Malcolm or Alan Grant. The assistant lady didn't deserve to die like she did, I feel like the most fucked up death deaths should be saved for bad people. The compy mob and freighter family dinner scenes in JP2 were perfect examples.

I wish the plot was a bit different, or maybe they could have gone with the original super creepy dinosaur-people concept.
>>
FAN SERVICE: THE MOVIE
>>
>>68918112
Do tell.
>>
>>68918899
Hire this man.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.