[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on The Prometheus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
What's your opinion on The Prometheus?
>>
>>68907260
I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>68907260
thats a big guy
>>
>>68907260
Decent enough I guess. When's the sequel?
>>
>>68907260
Ridley Scott changing the world again
>>
>>68907260
I liked it to be quite honest with you my friends.
>>
>>68907329
m-me too
>>
>>68907260
I didn't mind it as much as /tv/ did (though I think a lot of that was pure contrarianism)

Charlize Theron not simply running to the side at the end was ridiculous, though.

And Guy Pierce in old man makeup instead of just casting an old man was a huge blunder. I liked the promotional material with Pierce giving a TED talk about the technology and shit, and apparently it was suppose to make it into the final cut, but the end result was kinda shitty. Just cast an old dude, ffs.
>>
Scifi for creationists (so shit).
>>
balloon people
>>
I liked it but it would've been infinitely better with unique alien designs. Instead we got:
>big albinos
>squids
>zombies
>>
>>68907421

It's either a retarded tale of creationism being serious science, or a darkly humorous tale of creationist scientists dying en masse. I prefer the latter.
>>
File: art-prometheus-alien-parasite.jpg (49 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
art-prometheus-alien-parasite.jpg
49 KB, 1024x512
was the biologist a moron?
>>
>>68907260
Was promising, but ended up being shit.
>>
I don't know, it's a pretty comfy movie and I have watched it about 4 times. It's a movie you can throw on whenever.
>>
>>68907260
Aesthetically fantastic, but awfully written.
>>
There's clearly a lot of good ideas bouncing around but the execution is fucking shite.

The plot just about holds together enough to plod on to a not-suprisingly ambigious as fuck conclusion but there are so many loopholes in it and with motivations/personalities of the characters that when you try to think of the interesting concepts you just end up getting a headache over what the fuck is going on generally.

It's sort of obvious from deleted scenes they had no idea how it all fit together.
>>
File: Damon_Lindelof.jpg (19 KB, 220x284) Image search: [Google]
Damon_Lindelof.jpg
19 KB, 220x284
>>68907260
Incredibly frustrating second half almost ruined it for me, I still found it engaging to watch.

However, I cannot thank Christ enough this fucker is not involved in the sequel.
>>
>>68908049
THIS. so much potential, what a shame.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.