[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw in your lifetime a SJW remake of Lotr will be made >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: Lord-of-the-Rings-Swords.jpg (78 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
Lord-of-the-Rings-Swords.jpg
78 KB, 700x532
>tfw in your lifetime a SJW remake of Lotr will be made
>tfw your kids will prefer it above Jackson's Lotr
>tfw pure kino will be raped

Guys, please tell me Hollywood isn't considering a remake unless a hundred years have passed. I'll fucking shoot myself if Netflix is ever going to adapt it into a tv shit show.
>>
>>68906767
Novel adaptations don't get remade that often. They'll wait first for Christopher Tolkien to die so they can try to buy off The Silmarillion rights from his kids and make a CGI bloated trilogy filled with references to LotR out of it.
>>
The Hobbit was already SJW with that stupid fucking mary sue elf girl they added
>>
>>68907209
and the blacks in lake town !
>>
>Implying I won't kill myself before that

Nice try kikes
>>
>>68907209
>that stupid fucking mary sue elf girl they added
Don't be mean to Legolas

>>68907265
I'm just thankful that they were just lake town niggers with no lines and didn't try to do a black hobbit, elf or dorf.

And to be fair, Haradrim immigrants might make it there after getting kicked out of Gondor and Rohan.
>>
File: The Hobbit was a mistake.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
The Hobbit was a mistake.webm
2 MB, 854x480
Who cares? Just be glad these movies happened in the first place.
>>
File: comic_lotr143.jpg (143 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
comic_lotr143.jpg
143 KB, 600x847
>>68907448
>>
>>68906767

That's bullshit and you know it
>>
>>68907591

Kek
>>
>>68907209
Tauriel was one of the better things about those shitty Hobbit movies. She was unnecessary, but her love plotline was kinda cute.

>mary sue
Bolg kicks her ass and she needs to be saved by Legolas. How is she a Sue?
>>
>>68907209
Kek, who is Arwen?
>barely in source
>occupies huge part of movies
Literally the same.

If you truly love LOTR hacksons version are a necessary evil. They are not even LOTR, only in name. Hopefully they can be done better with better CGI techniques and an actual reflection of the source material, not some shitty action shitfest.
>>
>>68907740
Arwen was barely in the movies, she kisses Aragorn a bit in flashbacks, steals Glorfindel's role in the first one, then fucks off.

Her own dad had more screentime than her in each of the three movies. She just makes it into the posters to pretend that the movies aren't huge sausage fests.
>>
File: lotr.jpg (184 KB, 595x1080) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
184 KB, 595x1080
been done
>>
>>68908249
>Arwen was barely in the movies
kek.
>>
>>68907591
Nothing gay about Gimli and Legolas, they were just bros, same as Frodo and Sam.

Now, Bilbo and Thorin were homo for each other.
>>
Frodo Baggins- Michael B Jordan
Samwise Gamgee - Miles Teller
Merry - Robert Downey Jr
Pipin - Kevin Hart
Aragorn - Chris Pratt
Boromir - Idris Elba
Legolas - Neil Patrick Harris
Gimli - Daniel Radcliffe
Arwen - Megan Goode
Gollum - I am the captain now guy
Gandalf - Samuel l Jackson
Galadriel- Natalie Portman
Elrond - Lasrence Fishbourne
Bilbo - Morgan Freeman
Saruman - Dwayne Johnson

its already in preproduction senpai
>>
>>68909306
>Merry - Robert Downey Jr
>Pipin - Kevin Hart
At least they won't have to use scale doubles
>>
>>68907683
>her love plotline was kinda cute
Fool of a Took! please cast yourself into the fire
>>
>>68909306
Directed by the Wachowski siblings
>>
Lord of the Rings would already be considered SJW by you shitposting retards if it were released today.

>galadriel is too powerful, where are her muscles?
>I AM NO MAN
>arwen is literally cucking aragorn! sam is a cuck!

and so on and so forth.
>>
>>68909450
not him but tauriel was at least making me want to watch them again
>>
>>68909571
After the barrel fight scene in the second one nothing could make me want to watch them anymore.

I didn't have a problem with a badass girl elf being added(even though it's not canon) because I'm not a woman hating autist. I had a problem with a stupid, unrealistic, shoehorned love triangle, especially in a movie where all the characters, except Bilbo and Thorin, are woefully underdeveloped.

The Arwen, Aragorn, Eowyn romance plotline in LOTR was also a bit shoehorned, but I understood all the characters and cared about them. It also took a major backseat to the real action and story. The bullshit romance in the Hobbit takes on a much larger role because the plot is so thin they were forced to rely on the stupid forbidden love element
>>
>>68908808
The comic is about three dudes playing a tabletop game and the guy who is playing Aragon keeps mistaking Legolas for a chick.
>>
>>68909570
>arwen is literally cucking aragorn
How so? Aragorn was the one that wanted her to leave Middle Earth

>sam is a cuck!
That was just the ring tricking Frodo into thinking that he wanted Smeagol's boypussy more than Sam's.
>>
>>68909570
I don't think you understand the contempt against progressive leftism that is taking place you dumbass.
>>
>>68910992
Oh wow, you have so much contempt for something that you are EXACTLY like them! Genius.
>>
>>68911073
Yeah I do. Those progressive pieces of shit believe in things that are scientifically inaccurate and enjoy shitting on behavioral genetics.

How does that change the fact that you're wrong? You fail to understand why people hate progressive leftism if you think those are comparable example.
>>
Luckly based Christopher is not allowing anything related to Silmarillion become some sort of a SJW adaptation.
Just imagine Eöl being literally cast as a black guy.
>>
>>68911718
Well, he's called dark elf.
>>
>>68906767
>tfw you occasionally visit cambodgian online breast gallery website to talk about tv shows and movies
>hear about kino shit
>don't know what it means
>afraid to ask
>>
File: gollum 2.png (338 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
gollum 2.png
338 KB, 476x356
>>68906767
It's already happened versus the Tolkien kino I grew up with.

>gollum shows it how to checkem
>>
>>68906767
Not /tv/
Reported.
>>
>>68913966

Witnessed
>>
>>68913966
fuck off nostalgiafag
>>
>>68914040
y tho? The animation and voice acting were great, and Glenn Yarbrough's soundtrack was fantastic.

Its only shortcoming was that it was too short. Too much storyline left out.
>>
File: laf2.jpg (76 KB, 528x505) Image search: [Google]
laf2.jpg
76 KB, 528x505
>>68909306
>Gollum - I am the captain now guy
>>
File: tyonye.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tyonye.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
I would literally rather face nuclear holocaust than bear witness to a multi diverse tumblerino remake of anything tolkien related.
The hobbit was pushing it and I'm terrified of what they're going to do next.
>>
File: 1332740818018.gif (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1332740818018.gif
11 KB, 645x773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.