[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best iteration of Bruce Wayne/Batman ever seen on the silver screen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 46
Best iteration of Bruce Wayne/Batman ever seen on the silver screen.
>>
File: 1461910393360.jpg (78 KB, 950x879) Image search: [Google]
1461910393360.jpg
78 KB, 950x879
Big Guy Man
>>
>>68903572
Dumb plugposter.
>>
>>68903553
>silver screen
>>
>>68903553

Whatever people say about this movie.

I finally saw the Batman i'd waited 10 years to see.
>>
>>68903553
yes
his solo fight/action scenes are a true cinematic spectacle to witness
>>
True. And I hated the fucking movie and thought it was a complete road apple. I'm genuinely excited to see the solo films with affleck and hopefully under his own direction to boot.
>>
File: BASED.jpg (108 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
BASED.jpg
108 KB, 894x1000
>the scene with the human traffickers
>>
File: louis-ck_b.jpg (120 KB, 1500x1871) Image search: [Google]
louis-ck_b.jpg
120 KB, 1500x1871
>"Maybe it's the interracial breeding grounds in me. We just have a bad history with little white dicks pretending to be bulls."
>>
>>68903553
that's not very hard, to be honest.
>>
>>68903553
Best iteration of Robin too.
>>
DC is a-okay since they have Batfleck
no matter what marvel shitposters tell you
>>
Watched it last night and thought it was pretty damn good. Looking forward to the directors cut with the extra 30 or so minutes.
>>
>every Bat movie will be ruined by constant references and plugins to DCU
I hate this cucknematic universe bullshit.
>>
101 avondale dr belleville
gone for a week
>>
File: 1449098252717.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1449098252717.png
121 KB, 258x245
>>68904352
>bruce, aquaman just called, he said that doomsday has captured wonder woman!
>>
>>68904352
Yes we left today back k in a week
101 avondale dr bellevile
>>
File: Homer Through Time.jpg (67 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
Homer Through Time.jpg
67 KB, 441x411
> People complaining about Ben Affleck being cast as Batman months leading up to release
> Turns out to be best Bestman yet
> "B-b-b-but Affleck is always stale and lacks emotion in his performance."
> So who better to play the always brooding BATMAN than this guy who sounds like a perfect casting choice and the perfect height / physique and annoying charisma as Bruce Wayne than Ben Affleck
> MFW
>>
Why do they call it silver screen?
>>
>>68903899
Was sup to be them but they let me go party another weknd
>>
>>68904497
>Bestman

Kek, film when?
>>
>>68903553

Hes a reckless, boneheaded murdering moron, theres not a shred of Batman in him. He just looks a lot like the guy.
Which is all that matters for Snyder.
>>
File: Le CIA-Man.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Le CIA-Man.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>68904537
> MFW the Joker casting will be the worst choice in comparison
>>
>>68903553
Wouldn't Robin's legs be cold fighting crime at night in a northeastern city?
>>
>>68904499
You used to go to the cinema and pay for a ticket with a silver dollar. Plus back then theaters usually only had one screen so you'd pay a silver for whatever film they were screening. A robbery in Chicago spawned a newspaper headline to first use the term Silver Screen in relation to the cinema theft, and the phrase has stuck ever since.
>>
>>68904638
He might have worn fabric underneth all that.
>>
>>68904614
>Damaged
pretty disappointed in the character design

>>68904603
>Waaahhh why he not like muh comics
>>
>>68903553
If Robin was running around Gotham in shorts he deserved to be buttfucked and made into the stupid ass Jocker we will get for Suicide Squad.
reminder that
>Jared Leto is older than Ben Affleck
>Jared looks like a little twink compared to Batffleck.
>>
>>68904603
/co/ autist spotted
>>
>>68904688
Not that guy, Batman refusing to kill isn't just a "comic" thing, it's what defines his whole character. It's why the Joker always gets the upper hand on him and what drives the comparison of the Joker's chaotic style to Batman's very strict guidelines that have them clash so well.

It'll be like having the Punisher go around, NOT klilling people.
>>
>>68904084

This desu, saw it last night and it was pretty decent. Some of the complaining here is autistic as fuck
>>
>>68904352
Yeah, get used to it.
Batman is pretty much their only successful franchise so they will use him to try to push other characters.

If it turns anything like the animated movies it will be Batman: Something with main focus on another character and co-starring Batman sometimes
>>
>>68904805
>waaahhh different interpretations of the character are bad i don't likey
>>
>>68904839
I'm ready for
BATMAN: Atlantis
BATMAN: Speed
and BATMAN: Wogbot
>>
Too bad he's buried in such a dogshit movie.
>>
>>68903553
>shorts with a big crotch bulge

How is that not gay?
>>
>>68904650

The chemical symbol for silver is Ag. Movie theater owners and managers would always overcharge unsophisticated farmers or "Ags" visiting the city to see a "picture show." Ag was a nickname for agricultural idiots which became "silvers" when Louis Mayer, a failed chemist, bought a movie theater and shared the nickname with other owners and ti caught on. These "Ags" or "silvers" were worth a good income during state fairs etc. when farmers would flock to the city.

So when an owner asked another owner how his box office was doing, he would reply, "It was a silver screen." And they all bought popcorn and candy, too."
>>
>>68904614
They will take a page from BvS villain casting and get Michael cera to play the joker
>>
>>68903553
>>68905014
Holy shit I never even realized they had adapted the fucking short shorts. What the fuck?

Fucking all earth-toney and neutral, with muted colors to create an edgy grimdark aesthetic, and also exposed thighs and a codpiece!
>>
>>68904908
Well done, good comeback.
>>
File: lil auteur.jpg (376 KB, 1293x1546) Image search: [Google]
lil auteur.jpg
376 KB, 1293x1546
>>68904908
It's not a "different interpretation of the character." It's an entirely different character. Not killing is what separates him from the criminals. It's why he is JUSTICE. Not VENGEANCE.

And it's not even like they really "reinterpreted" him, Zack Snyder is just a belligerent fucking idiot. He's said he doesn't think Batman was breaking his rule because, legally, killing all those people for no reason would technically count as manslaughter. Technically, Manslaughterloophole Batman didn't kill KGBeast, the bullet he shot into the gas tank did. Technically, Manslaughterloophole Batman didn't crush the guy standing in the back of the truck that he drove into, the fucking bumper did.
>>
Will we ever see Robin in a live action Batman film again?
>>
>>68904352

It's only because DC sucks at everything they try to do and they have no idea how to make both a cinematic universe AND movies that stand on their own.
>>
>>68905553

But Batman has killed people in literally every other movie

Batman has killed people in the comic books

Batman has used guns in the comic books

The whole fucking point of this Batman isn't that he's a reinterpretation of the character, is that he's the logical outcome of the character after losing almost everyone he cares about BECAUSE of his constant half measures.
>>
File: nooooooooooooooo autism alt.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nooooooooooooooo autism alt.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>68907069
>But Batman has killed people in literally every other movie
That's relatively true, but after BB and TDK it's a lot harder to get away with it, since HIM DECIDING NOT TO KILL WAS ONE OF THE MAJOR THEMATIC POINTS OF THE MOVIES. Batman doesn't Manslaughter anyone in BB like he does in BvS.
>Batman has killed people in the comic books
Almost never since they figured out the character. DKR was a big deal when it came out BECAUSE it featured Batman apparently killing a dude.
>Batman has used guns in the comic books
Almost never since they figured out the character. He used guns in like his initial Detective Comics run in the goddamn early 40's.

And more to the point, don't promise the audience that you're finally making an expanded cinematic universe of the comic characters if you're just going to half-assedly "reinterpret" them as fucking elseworld type versions of themselves. It's like the only fucking book goddamn Zack "I don't like comic books" Snyder read was fucking DKR and Watchmen.
>is that he's the logical outcome of the character after losing almost everyone he cares about BECAUSE of his constant half measures.
I think that may be a large part of what they were going for, but you know what would have been good? ACTUALLY DIRECTLY ESTABLISHING THAT IN THE FUCKING MOVIE. It'd be a lot easier to believe that this was the intent if fucking Zack Attack Snyder hasn't repeatedly said in interviews how he thinks Batman is still operating within his "rules" because he's only kind of committing premeditated murder for no reason.

And maybe don't START your reboot and Justice League set-up with post-JLA edgy DKR batman. You build to that shit. You don't fucking introduce Batman with a shitty fucking poem and bat-in-the-well imagery that directly contradicts what Batman is. THE BATS DONT LIFT HIM TO THE FUCKING LIGHT OUT OF THE WELL, THEY INTRODUCE HIM TO THE GODDAMN DARKNESS.
>>
>>68904732
Robin always has had shorts, breh
>>
>>68908539
that's right but that doesn't mean it doesn't looks gay as shit and Robin was a kid in the comics and this one seems to be a grown ass dude running in the same clothes.
Some butt fucking was happening inside or outside the batcave, with at least one or two african american man persons.
>>
>>68908199
>That's relatively true
no its completely true you hack
>Batman doesn't Manslaughter anyone in BB like he does in BvS.
good thing he takes that on board in the next 2 movies, hell in the final fucking fight of TDKR he kills the nuke truck driver and forces Talia off the road, crashing the truck and killing her in the process (guns bad, rockets are fine though).
> ACTUALLY DIRECTLY ESTABLISHING THAT IN THE FUCKING MOVIE
you mean like having Alfred provide a whole bunch of expository dialogue warning Bruce he's on the wrong path? you mean like making it pretty clear the Joker murdered Robin? you mean like having Bruce confront the loss of his friends and colleagues in Metropolis? Jesus its like you faggots need Batman to turn to the camera, take his mask off, break character and as Ben Affleck explain his motivations directly to you so you aren't confused...I'm embarrassed for you
>>
File: REEEEEEE.jpg (123 KB, 752x1213) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.jpg
123 KB, 752x1213
>>68908199
SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK DID THE BATS CARRY HIM out OF THE WELL AT THE BEGINNING?!

WHAT THE FUCK WAS HACK SNYDER DOING? THE BATS SCARED HIM SO BAD THAT HE NEVER metaphorically LEFT THE WELL. HE TURNED IT INTO A BAT CAVE. HE FUCKING LIVES DOWN THERE.

HE "ADOPTED THE SHADOWS" BECAUSE OF THE BATS, AND THE FEAR OF THEM. SO WHY IN THE FUCK DOES THE MOVIE START WITH A SWARM OF BATS literally LIFTING HIM OUT OF THE WELL?!

FUCKING ZACK. THAT'S NOT A "REINTERPRETATION, THAT'S JUST A FUCKING BELLIGERENT DIPSHIT THAT DOESN'T KNOW NO BETTER. HE LIKED THE IMAGERY BUT NEVER BOTHERED FOCUSING FOR LONG ENOUGH TO CONSIDER WHAT IT FUCKING MEANT.
>>
File: Dick_Grayson_DCAU_002.jpg (9 KB, 331x312) Image search: [Google]
Dick_Grayson_DCAU_002.jpg
9 KB, 331x312
>>68908633
What makes you think he was an adult as Robin?
Was probably a teenager, like DCAU Robin or comics Tim Drake
>>
>>68908199
>You don't fucking introduce Batman with a shitty fucking poem and bat-in-the-well imagery that directly contradicts what Batman is. THE BATS DONT LIFT HIM TO THE FUCKING LIGHT OUT OF THE WELL, THEY INTRODUCE HIM TO THE GODDAMN DARKNESS.

It's almost like you didn't watch the movie

being lifted into the light was a lie. They fucking address this. That's the whole point!
Bruce thought becoming Batman would save him, would save those around him. Instead it drove him to what we see in the fucking movie.
>>
File: putiton.jpg (85 KB, 900x294) Image search: [Google]
putiton.jpg
85 KB, 900x294
>>68905553
The "no killing" rule was reinforced by the animated versions but in the comic has happened a lot and nobody was fucking surprised about it. At least it meant he was serious and that those kills meant something.
Another fun fact, in the animated version there's a line after he battles his fears after fighting scarecrow that he says that he is the night, he is vengeance, he is batman.
Also some idiots are pointing out he doesn't use guns when he is actually most of the times using the fucking grappling hook or the grenade launcher to shoot the kryptonite gas rounds.

>>68908743
Still a teenager with short shorts like those looks gay as fuck. there's no excuse.
>>
>>68908804
it's like they didn't even see the movie...
>>
File: AUTMAN.jpg (81 KB, 684x644) Image search: [Google]
AUTMAN.jpg
81 KB, 684x644
>>68908697
>no its completely true you hack
No it fucking isn't. It's relatively true. He *doesn't save* Ra's, that's not murder. That's not manslaughter. That's not even a crime. It's just kind of a shitty thing to do. There's no where in BB or TDK where fucking Batman directly shoots a dude with a fucking batmobile-mounted machine gun.

And he doesn't kill anybody at all in Batman & Robin you know nothing fuck.

>good thing he takes that on board in the next 2 movies, hell in the final fucking fight of TDKR he kills the nuke truck driver and forces Talia off the road, crashing the truck and killing her in the process (guns bad, rockets are fine though).
Accidental death, faggot. Big difference between forcing someone off the road with lethal consequences and LITERALLY SHOOTING A DUDE IN THE FUCKING FACE WITH A GODDAMN BATMOBILE-MOUNTED MACHINE GUN. Fuck you you hack apologist.
>you mean like having Alfred provide a whole bunch of expository dialogue warning Bruce he's on the wrong path?
Nope. I mean like DIRECTLY FUCKING ESTABLISHING THAT IN THE FUCKING MOVIE. NOT HAVING ALFRED SAY SOME AMBIGUOUS SHIT IN A CONVERSATION THAT IS EXPLICITLY ABOUT WANTING TO KILL SUPERMAN. Not random henchmen. The uncontrollable alien that is a threat to everything.
>you mean like making it pretty clear the Joker murdered Robin?
NO. IT'S EXPLICITLY CLEAR THAT JOKER MURDERED ROBIN. IT ISN'T EXPLICITLY CLEAR THAT BATMAN USED TO BE A NON-MURDERSMAN. NOT TO MENTION, ROBIN'S COSTUME IS HOLDING AN UNAMBIGUOUS LETHAL WEAPON. IMPLICATION BEING THEY WERE NEVER NOT MURDERING PEOPLE.
>Jesus its like you faggots need Batman to turn to the camera, take his mask off, break character and as Ben Affleck explain his motivations directly to you so you aren't confused
NO WE JUST NEED BASIC FIRST ACT EXPOSITION YOU ENABLER FAGGOT. READ ZACK SNYDER'S INTERVIEWS. YOU LIVE IN A LAND OF MADE UP HEADCANON TO EXCUSE THE BELLIGERENT DIPSHIT THAT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING.
>>
File: tumblr_o1ke7rP4Yv1srtqcqo1_1280.jpg (227 KB, 1280x961) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1ke7rP4Yv1srtqcqo1_1280.jpg
227 KB, 1280x961
Best Bruce Wayne, on any screen
>>
>>68909056
nigger plz
stop making excuses. He kills numerous people in those films. He kills Harvey Dent, he kills Talia, he kills the truck driver, I'm sure he probably kills plenty of other people too. lol fucking hack fgt.
>Accidental death
get a load of this guy, I'm going to shoot at you with rockets, killing the driver and sending your vehicle careening of the road, resulting in your death...woops both deaths were 'accidental' fuck you lol

Dude its ok, somehow BvS was too smart for you (I don't know how thats even possible), I guess Batman and Robin was more your speed.
>>
File: BRUIIISE.jpg (60 KB, 754x644) Image search: [Google]
BRUIIISE.jpg
60 KB, 754x644
>>68908886
>At least it meant he was serious and that those kills meant something.
The kills literally meant nothing. You can cut the entire convoy attack sequence completely out of the film, and THE FILM WOULD BE MORE COHERENT. Literally no part of the entire sequence matters AT ALL after Batman shoots the tracker onto the truck. There's no consequence from him failing to get the Kryptonite, there's no consequence for Superman allowing Lex to have Kyptonite, and there's no reason for Superman to threaten Batman about using the bat signal, because Lex kidnaps Martha to make them fight anyway. The random contractors that he kills in that chase literally die for no reason.
>Also some idiots are pointing out he doesn't use guns when he is actually most of the times using the fucking grappling hook or the grenade launcher to shoot the kryptonite gas rounds.
He only uses the batmobile-mounted machine gun, in terms of actual honest-to-goodness firearms. But, he does use that to directly shoot and kill 3 people in a car. And my question is why the fuck doesn't he just use guns the entire goddamn time if he's that cavalier when he's in the tank. He's awfully lucky KGBeast had the decency to wait for him to fistfight all the badmen in the Martha rescue. A gun could have certainly expedited that process, if they're on the table.

>Another fun fact, in the animated version there's a line after he battles his fears after fighting scarecrow that he says that he is the night, he is vengeance, he is batman.
And in that episode (I believe it's the same one) he almost kills dudes because he is without fear. It's a big fucking deal. He's a completely different character without fear, and fear is a large part of why he doesn't kill people. Best Batman is sociopath Batman that leaves everyone alive and crippled to spend the rest of their life in fear.
>>
>>68908886
I guess we'll have to see. I'm a comics fag, so I like the suit.
>>
File: CHAUST.jpg (120 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
CHAUST.jpg
120 KB, 1280x540
>>68909378
>stop making excuses.
Literally the only thing you're doing.
>He kills numerous people in those films
Doesn't shoot anybody in the fucking face with a bat mobile mounted machine gun.
>He kills Harvey Dent
Almost like the entire movie was literally about him being forced into that situation. Almost like there was 2.5 hours direct exposition and context to inform exactly how big a deal that was.
>he kills Talia
Knocks her car off the road in a literal ticking time bomb scenario.
>he kills the truck driver
Truck driver died from the impact. Might have just been knocked out.
>I'm sure he probably kills plenty of other people too.
Nice headcanon faggot. You're on the wrong side of history mate. BvS is best Batman, but one of the worst Batman movies, and his killing people, unlike every example you've brought up, WAS FOR NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL. He HAD to kill Dent, he HAD to stop Talia. He clearly didn't HAVE to fuck with the heavily armored convoy at all. It was a completely pointless sequence. It meant nothing. You citing all the examples of when Batman was forced to break his rule for the greater good only illustrates how fucking pointless him killing in BvS was. Killed like 14 contractors for literally no reason.

>get a load of this guy, I'm going to shoot at you with rockets, killing the driver and sending your vehicle careening of the road, resulting in your death...woops both deaths were 'accidental' fuck you lol
Better than I'm going to shoot you in the face with a machine gun on my tank because I'm bored on a random tuesday night.
> lol fucking hack fgt.
Go back to the youtube comments section you cancerous fucking babby.
>>
>>68909643
alfreds expository dialogue explaining why jaded old batman is doing what he does literally covers this all (if you aren't too stupid to piece it together).

its all in there mate, should watched the movie instead of giving your BF a gobby in the back of the cinema
>>
>>68909643
Ok, I go on co more than tv, so who the hell is the bearded dude
>>
>>68909643
>Killed like 14 contractors for literally no reason.

no, he knocked them out, they were fine. They went to hospital for the night and were back home with their families the next day...
>>
>>68909452
I hope it works, I like the real life versions they made with all of them. Even the Superman suit that seems to be like grown or some super advanced 3D printed shit and the details in the material, but If you are doing that keeping the shorts looks weird. And I just laugh because we probably will see some flashback of Jared wearing it or something like that.
>>
File: 1461956577532.jpg (59 KB, 599x406) Image search: [Google]
1461956577532.jpg
59 KB, 599x406
>>68903739
best batmobile scene ever
>>
>>68904499
because the white screen in the cinema that the movies used to be projected on had a kind of silver tint to it.
>>
>>68909807
>alfreds expository dialogue explaining why jaded old batman is doing what he does literally covers this all (if you aren't too stupid to piece it together).
Rewatch the movie faggot. It's explicitly about his hunt for Superman. And more to the point, vague, slightly-related lofty monologues about rage ISN'T GOOD EXPOSITION. It's more ambiguous shit.

And once again, it's also heavily implied that they were murdersmen before Robin died. And ZACK SNYDER HAS FUCKING SAID THAT HE DOESN'T THINK BATMAN IS BREAKING HIS RULE. YOUR FUCKING HEADCANON WILL NOT CHANGE ARTIST'S INTENT.

>>68909869
HELL BE FINE
>>
File: balescoff.jpg (135 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
balescoff.jpg
135 KB, 1600x990
>>68909872
>Implying Jared Leto is Robin
>>
>>68908199
yes because Kryptonians surely came to earth in the Nolan version. Were you a comic fan you'd know better but you're not so whatever. But another sometimes drastically different take on a character happens often. Miller's Dark Knight, Jim Aparro's Batman and so on. Each creator has some bit of leeway with the character.

cinema's your bag so stick to the cinema stuff.
>>
File: MUH DILAUMMA.jpg (24 KB, 346x146) Image search: [Google]
MUH DILAUMMA.jpg
24 KB, 346x146
>>68911043
>yes because Kryptonians surely came to earth in the Nolan version
Has nothing to do with having Batman belligerently kill a dozen dudes in a completely pointless action sequence.
>Were you a comic fan you'd know better but you're not so whatever.
No true scotsman. I am one. I'm just not a desperate BvS apologist.
>Miller's Dark Knight, Jim Aparro's Batman and so on. Each creator has some bit of leeway with the character.
Nobody is complaining about Lee Way. And even Miller's DK was way more about keeping people alive and maimed than killing them. He kills one dude in a literal gun-to-the-head scenario.

And to be clear. Manslaughterbatman probably isn't in the top 20 of BvS fuckery. I'm way more annoyed and triggered that they opened the movie with the fucking bats metaphorically and literally RAISING Bruce Wayne out of the well. I'm way more annoyed that he apparently refers to being Batman as being "in the light." That shit is just flat out fucking wrong. There's no leeway there. Batman is and will always be "in the shadows." He's Bruce Wayne's darkness and fear personified. Goddamnit that's the dumbest part to me. That's dumber than them thinking the MARTHA plot pivot would play.
>>
>>68904603
Lmao back to /co/mblr capecuck
>>
>>68904499
They used to embed the screen material with silver or aluminum to increase reflectivity and give a smoother, brighter image.
>>
>>68903553
>rubber armor shorts

I'm all for comic authenticity, but that just looks weird.
>>
>>68903553
Damn right he is. I can't wait for his solo film.
>>
>>68911380
With all due respect to both you and your opinions, since it's Bruce's dream, do you think it's just possible that him calling the light "a beautiful lie" could be indicative of him essentially interpreting the symbolism of his own dream as meaning that his "bats" were the vehicle that carried him toward the lie that his obsessive pursuit of vengeance could have ever brought him peace?
>>
File: cant keep getting away with it.jpg (29 KB, 245x295) Image search: [Google]
cant keep getting away with it.jpg
29 KB, 245x295
>>68912063
>do you think it's just possible that him calling the light "a beautiful lie" could be indicative of him essentially interpreting the symbolism of his own dream as meaning that his "bats" were the vehicle that carried him toward the lie that his obsessive pursuit of vengeance could have ever brought him peace?

Absolutely. That's obviously what it's about. Still doesn't JUSTIFY THE FIRST FUCKING THING YOUR REBOOTED BATMAN DOES IS CALL BEING THE DARK GODDAMN KNIGHT "the light."

It's a confused fucking metaphor written by a goddamn dipshit in a stupid fucking poem pasted onto the beginning of a fucking capeshit movie. It's not impressive. It's not subtle. It's not fucking well-written. It's tryhard and the imagery IS OVERWHELMINGLY FUCKING WRONG. BEING BATMAN WAS NEVER "BEING IN THE LIGHT." THE ENTIRE POEM IS JUST A CLICHED FUCKING HACK JOBGODDAMN FUCK FUCK HIM HE'S A FUCKING IMBECILE. IT'S ALL SO GODDAMN STUPID AND SELF-IMPORTANT. HOW THE FUCK IS HE STILL EMPLOYED?
>>
When it comes to looks, the suit, gadgets and fighting style, absolutely. The characterization was a bit off though, so i'll wait for the solo Batfleck movie before declaring him the GOAT.
>>
I agree: Keaton was the best.
>>
>>68912338
Thank you for your opinion.
>>
>>68912634
get fucked. weak-willed enabler.
>>
File: dont be a faggot.jpg (82 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
dont be a faggot.jpg
82 KB, 694x530
>>68910717
>denying the new Joker is just Jason Todd after being fucked up by the original Joker
I can only imagine the amount of shitposting /tv/ will see after Suicide Squad reveals that in a lame flashback.
>>
File: Weapon_of_the_Enemy.png (158 KB, 368x250) Image search: [Google]
Weapon_of_the_Enemy.png
158 KB, 368x250
>>68903553
>Best Batman
>keeps guns
OK, bruh
>>
>>68912660
I am legitimately sorry that you didn't enjoy this interpretation of the Batman. I, however, did, and am appreciative of the fact that by showing him at the nadir and the first hint of upswing in his character arc, we'll have an opportunity to see what circumstances lead him to where we saw him as depicted in this film, as well as possibly how the events of BvS will inform his character and actions going forward.

If I'm wrong about my suppositions, time will tell. I hope you have a wonderful evening.
>>
File: bat.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
bat.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>68912904
>>68911380
wat
>>
>>68912660
check out this autist
>>
>>68912992
>as well as possibly how the events of BvS will inform his character and actions going forward.
I certainly hope not.
>>
>>68913036
no u
>>
File: Weapon of the Enemy.jpg (51 KB, 314x464) Image search: [Google]
Weapon of the Enemy.jpg
51 KB, 314x464
>Snyder bases movie on The Dark Knight Returns
>pages must have stuck together and he missed this panel
>>
>>68912904
Yeah, but the movie showed that the guns were used for a tracking device.

I'm not defending the movie, but they explained it.
>>
>>68912870
Don't worry, they'll reveal it in a trailer instead
>>
>>68904805
>except for those times where he does kill

Either way it's suppose to be a batman long after the Batman we see in comics.
>>
>>68904499
>>
Back when films first came out a lot of regular people believed in werewolves. They didn't want to sit a dark room on the off chance a werewolf would show up and eat them
They Called it the "silver screen" so people would think it would keep werewolves away
>>
File: robin reveal.jpg (4 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
robin reveal.jpg
4 MB, 5472x3648
>BEST ROBIN COMING THROUGH
>>
>>68903691
I'm actually worried they might tone down the violence and brutality of batman if it takes place before the joker killed robin. The best part of seeing batfleck fight was how absolutely vicious he was.
>>
File: 1356850451213.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1356850451213.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
>>68913158

People must have had the other page stuck where he uses a fucking sniper to shoot a wire into the Gotham towers to walk on while stopping Two-Face.

Bat-Man losing the will to continue leaving criminals alive is a jump into the character that hasn't been portrayed on film. It's an interpretation that fans don't like, but the same fans would have blasted Snyder apart if it was too close to the source materiel. He would be accused of having no imagination and being a rip-off hack anyways

>Face the fact that Cape-shit audiences are impossible to please 100%
>>
File: Hang-Man.jpg (159 KB, 640x893) Image search: [Google]
Hang-Man.jpg
159 KB, 640x893
In perfect fairness, the only reason the Batman ever abandoned guns to begin with was because of the comics code.

There are depictions of him through the 40s using guns and strangling a guy to death by snagging him with a noose thrown from the Bat-plane.
>>
>>68913783
>>Face the fact that Cape-shit audiences are impossible to please 100%
Winter Soldier seemed to pull that off
>>
File: Batman Batmite.jpg (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Batman Batmite.jpg
218 KB, 1024x768
>>68913783
Don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>68913783
>Bat-Man losing the will to continue leaving criminals alive is a jump into the character that hasn't been portrayed on film.

No but at least the fuckers would remember how Old Bruce stopped being Batman from the old Batman Beyond series, he starts using guns and realizes he has to stop.
Also the Batman fron the nightmare, it's a way worst Batman, he has lost everything and is fighting for his life every minute. He doesn't give a fuck about using a gun or killing humans that are on the side of Darkseid.
>>
>>68914061
people complained about Winter Soldier, in fact they are complaining about Civil War too.
>>
>>68908742
He pretty much said that he was dreaming during that sequence
>>
File: masketta perry.jpg (93 KB, 566x666) Image search: [Google]
masketta perry.jpg
93 KB, 566x666
>>68914591
I know he explicitly said he was dreaming. Bats didn't literally float him to the light. I mean, they literally shot it that way but it was a hackneyed metaphor.
>In the dream
>they took me to the light
>a beautiful lie
WHY WOULD THEY TAKE HIM TO THE GODDAMN LIGHT IN THE DREAM. HE'S FUCKING TERRIFIED OF THEM. THEY FUEL HIS DARKNESS AND HE USES BATMAN TO USE THAT DARKNESS FOR GOOD.

THE APPARENT POINT IS SUPPOSED TO BE, WE CAN GUESS, THAT HE WAS IN THE LIGHT AS NO-KILL BATMAN BUT REALIZED IT WAS A LIE AND IS NOW GRIMDARK DKR BATMAN.

AND WHY ARE WE OPENING A GODDAMN BATMAN MOVIE WITH A FUCKING DREAM POEM? THEY'RE LITERALLY BUILDING THE FOUNDATION OF THE MOVIE ON FLIMFLAM DONKEYSHIT. IT'S THE OPENING IMAGE. IT'S THE THESIS STATEMENT OF THE GODDAMN FILM AND IT'S A CONFUSED METAPHOR AND A STUPID, DESPERATELY VAGUE FUCKING POETRY SLAM, LIKELY ADDED AT THE LAST MINUTE. HOPEFULLY ADDED AT THE LAST MINUTE. If that shit made it though all years of script rewrites that's goddamn embarrassing.
>>
>>68903553
That's not a picture of Val Kilmer
>>
File: wdwdwdwdwd.png (155 KB, 296x336) Image search: [Google]
wdwdwdwdwd.png
155 KB, 296x336
>>68903553
What do you think about Snyders robin not wearing pants?
>>
>>68914530
>people complained about Winter Soldier, in fact they are complaining about Civil War too
That is absolutely untrue.
>>
File: red7.png (202 KB, 482x361) Image search: [Google]
red7.png
202 KB, 482x361
>>68914530
Yeah, people that want those hungry DCuck clicks
>>
>>68914808
I think the way it was put "poetically" is a representation of the internal dialogue Bruce has with himself.

I think the second point is about right; the metaphor is that the bats lifted him out of the mental anguish he was in over the death of his parents and turned him into what he had been before he became bitter with age
>>
>>68904805
Batman killed people in the original 1940s Detective Comics...
>>
>>68915169
its dogshit
>>
>>68915971
Yeah, and then he stopped for 70 years...
>>
>>68903553
Batffleck is great.
>>
>the silver screen

lel people still say this? Is that you Clark Gable?
>>
>>68903553
I'm a Mikey Keat fan myself
>>
>>68914934
>>68913750
>>
>>68911380
I'm not sure if you paid attention to what was shown in the film but here's what I got from what I read, Bruce Wayne kills now. Didn't kill the Joker, people died. Joker now stays away because the Joke is he got the Bat to kill, now that the bat's all about killing, Joker made himself scarce.
>>
>>68913750
>BIRD OF MURDER IS NOW JOE KERR
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
File: 1344779635348.jpg (41 KB, 525x551) Image search: [Google]
1344779635348.jpg
41 KB, 525x551
>>68915098
>>
>>68904805
you have to go back
>>
File: snide.jpg (42 KB, 311x317) Image search: [Google]
snide.jpg
42 KB, 311x317
>>68917191
>I'm not sure if you paid attention to what was shown in the film but here's what I got from what I read
Seen BvS literally over a dozen times.
>but here's what I got from what I read, Bruce Wayne kills now.
Rewatch the movie. Read the interviews. There's lots of implication that they were Manslaughtering the entire fucking time. The only thing that is implied by Snyder to be a problem is the fucking Bat Brand, which only makes sense because prisoners inexplicably kill each other over it. Snyder doesn't think Batman machine gunning dudes in the fucking face from the Batmobile is a problem.

And in reality, the Bat Brand is a lot more of something that I could picture standard Batman getting into, and the casual manslaughter is the shit that is fucky.

>inb4 Lex is manipulating the news and it's not actually a "death sentence"
>inb4 Lex was killing the branded prisoners
>inb4 sex traffickers don't fare well in prison anyway

The ENTIRE idea that Batman has broken bad before the start of the movie is completely dependent on the idea that he's knowingly giving people a "death sentence." He's supposed to be shown as having changed at the end when he doesn't brand fucking Lex. Literal terrorist Lex, in solitary confinement, who everyone would already hate anyway, gets a fucking pass on the Brand. It's dogshit.

Absolute.
Fucking.
Dogshit.

It's mind boggling how much of it is fucking outright stupid.
>>
>>68913766
Yea but that sort of fighting and extreme violence really only makes sense if it is Batman after he has given everything and has finally reached the end of his rope.
>>
>>68913766
Snyder has said absolutely nothing about that affecting the fight choreography. He considers it standard Batman shit. The brand is the thing that the movie presents as directly symbolizing him being edgy murder batman
>>
really enjoying this thread and that one guy going all caps nerdrage over this stuff
>>
File: p20_17 copy.jpg (344 KB, 1000x1578) Image search: [Google]
p20_17 copy.jpg
344 KB, 1000x1578
>>68903553
So is Jason Todd gonna make him kill the Joker at gunpoint eventually?
>>
>>68912904
it's a grappling hook gun that he uses for long distance grappling
>>
File: i232^cimgpsh_orig.jpg (71 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
i232^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
71 KB, 600x800
he sure is the cutest batman
>>
>>68903553
Having the short sleeves and short pants but making the suit out dull colored rubber makes it look like some kind of bondage fetish outfit.
>>
>>68903553
This movie was so unbelievably shit it was impossible to enjoy Affleck as batman. I just saw it and it was 10 times worse than the reviews lead you to believe.
This stupid fuck needs to stop getting paid to ruin my favorite characters.
Batman 5 Superman is the worst movie ever made.
>>
>>68918705
>reading reviews before watching a movie
>>
>>68918762
>purposefully deviating from the point
snyderlards confirmed for mental patients.
>>
>>68918782
>mental patients
>>
File: BatmanBegins009.jpg (45 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
BatmanBegins009.jpg
45 KB, 400x543
Best coming through
inb4 HIS GROWL VOICE
>>
>>
File: Val-Kilmer-Bruce-WayneBatman.jpg (145 KB, 550x458) Image search: [Google]
Val-Kilmer-Bruce-WayneBatman.jpg
145 KB, 550x458
Best Batman coming through
>>
>>68905056
What the fuck, that's a total lie. Back in the day they could only do black and white film. The problem is you're asking for a translation for certain quality film print onto a large screen. What they ended up doing to preserve quality was dye each film with a darkener that would preserve picture resolution when projected on a silver screen. The first movie theaters had literal silver color on their screens.
>>
>>68903553
but for some reason to this day only Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer have done the voice in a non laughable way. batlfleck's suit could have looked better too. the textured look was weird and short ears are garbage among garbage. the head was too fat as well and the padding in the suit made him look like a roided up gorilla.

>b-but muh comics

the fact that it was in a comic doesn't make it less shitty. in dark knight returns he's so bulky it lapses into comedy.
>>
File: batman 1.jpg (81 KB, 580x863) Image search: [Google]
batman 1.jpg
81 KB, 580x863
>>68918954
>likes the growl voice
actual best coming through
>>
>>68919280

let me know when you post it
>>
>>68904614
It's definitely Willem Defoe
>>
>>68922092
>manlet
>cowl is too fucking big he looks like a kid on Halloween
>got his ass beat by joker's black henchman
>The best
kek kys senpai
>>
>>68922168
>manlet
suit makes him look a little taller and you don't get any shots that show you just how short he is.
>cowl too big
so you haven't seen bvs yet?
>henchman
he was a tough ass henchman. the joker was smart and hired the toughest henchmen. it wasn't until batman returns where he got his ass embarrassingly kicked by catwoman, and even then he made up for it by backhanding her off a building when she stabbed him after he saved her.
>>
>>68903553
>BAT OF MURDER
>>
>>68922287
>all those mental gymnastics
I also need to add that people talk about Superman's hairline, did anyone see Keaton's thin ass hair?
>>
>>68922287
>suit makes him look a little taller and you don't get any shots that show you just how short he is
Still a manlet senpai he looked like a dwarf compared to Bassinger
>>
>>68909872
I fucking hate this /v/ meme.
Jared Leto is the joker.
>>
>>68922323
Henry Cavill isn't 40 years old like Keaton was.
>>
>>68922287
>>henchman
>he was a tough ass henchman. the joker was smart and hired the toughest henchmen
So did bane and Bale's batman kicked all of their asses too. Only bane gave him trouble but that was the point of the film. He took out a fucking swat team. Wtf did Keaton batman do?
>>
File: 15.jpg (127 KB, 1200x781) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
127 KB, 1200x781
>>68922356
sure he's still a manlet, but that doesn't matter when they can make him look taller in the suit and Basinger was wearing heels the whole time. she's actually shorter than Keaton.
>>
>>68922388
nigga Keaton's batman dropped dudes in like 2 hits. in batman returns he backhands a dude who walks up to him and he drops like a rock. in fact he drops several dudes with one hit.
>>
>>68912338
this
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.