[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does Pot of Greed do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: potofgreed.jpg (63 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
potofgreed.jpg
63 KB, 544x544
What does Pot of Greed do?
>>
Lets you draw 2 cards you casual
>>
It allows you to draw two cards from your deck and add them to your hand
>>
>>68894797
>>68894923
these
>>
File: 1457320256657.jpg (149 KB, 590x639) Image search: [Google]
1457320256657.jpg
149 KB, 590x639
>>68894777
remind all players of the 6 gorillion and automatically win the game
>>
Draw two cards. Back when I played Yugioh in like 2001, this was a staple. You saw one in literally every single deck.
>>
>>68894777

Allows you to combine dark magician to some form of projectile device in order to attack your opponent's life points directly, winning the game.
>>
>>68894777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
>>
OH NO
OH NO
TRAP CARD
>>
>>68895041
and then it got banned.
>>
>>68894777
just gives you an advantage over people who dont have it in their deck.
>>
>>68894777
man eater bug was the shit
>>
>>68895041
well duh, why wouldnt you have it in your deck?
>>
>>68894777
>I activate my pot of greed, which lets me draw two cards from my deck!
>>
>>68896203
Poor people.
>>
>>68896146

>use a card in your deck whose only function is to give you a net plus of one card

Seems like there are better options to put on there
>>
>>68895352
I NEVER understood the trap card shit. Like, let's assume you know one of the player's cards is a trap card. Do you just not attack ever to avoid the trap? I don't understand. The other player's trap card is an inevitability if you don't just never attack and let the other player win. Shit, why even hide that one is a trap card? Why not just set it aside in a "trap card" area, it's not like knowing there's a trap is going to stop someone from playing normally and just dealing with whatever shit that card is.
>>
>>68896263
>>use a card in your deck whose only function is to give you a net plus of one card
you get a faster turnover and a higher chance to draw the card you want faster is how i see it
>>
>>68894777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
>>
>not having a deck comprised entirely of pieces of exodia
>>
>>68896263
no? You have a 40 (or 30?) card minimum for your deck, you want LESS because you want to draw a winning combo as fast as possible, this card has no downside but takes away 1 spot which is good as it is but it also gives you basically 1 extra draw turn which is great, you ALWAYS want this card in your deck!
>>
>>68896282

Well you don't know what kind of trap card it is. It could just negate an attack, destroy the attacking monster, destroy your whole side, or lower the attack points. You stall until you get a Black Hole, Heavy Storm, or based Jinzo.
>>
>>68896282
From my memory, aren't those types of cards placed on the monster row? So the opponent doesn't know if its a monster or a trap?

Now that I think of it, what would even he the point if putting a monster face down?
>>
>>68896282
there are cards that negate or counter traps and spell cards.
>>
Kills Stroheim's career
>>
>>68896490
no they are placed face down in the spell/trap card row.

Monsters can have flip effects.
>>
this thread makes me want subway.
>>
>>68894777
Makes you eat all the munchies and not share
>>
Why not just build a deck composed of entirely blue eyes white dragons and their support cards? I know they aren't rare since every kid in school had one.

How would you even beat that deck?
>>
>>68896429
This. You shouldnt be close to the max anyways
>>
>>68894777
why this board?
>>
>>68896749
BECAUSE THEY EXPLAINED ABOUT A 100000000 WHAT POT OF GREED DOES IN THE tv SERIES
IT"S A MEME
>>
>>68896610
1. You're only allowed to have three copies of the same card in each deck.
2. Because you'd have to tribute two monster cards for each BEWD. That's six monsters minimum anyway.
3. One Dark Hole/Man-Eater Bug/Trap Hole card fucks that whole thing up anyway.

A deck that relies on tribute summons is gonna get fucked very quickly.
>>
/tv/ is probably the only board that has janitors so incompetent that off-topic threads stay up for hours undisturbed.

oh but god forbid someone posts a thread discussing an actress, we obviously don't want that on /tv/.
>>
>>68896749
it's a meme and /tv/ loves memes

>>68896282
In the original Duel Monsters anime they did this a lot, it would be a point of psychological tension when the enemy had a face down card and the enemy had to try and figure out whether it was a trap and devise a strategy to deal with it. In the latter shit series like the current Arc-V they NEVER spend any time on this anymore and it's just retarded juvenile LOL I ATTACK CUZ W/E every single time.
>>
File: shadow realm.jpg (28 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
shadow realm.jpg
28 KB, 500x330
>>68896848
>>
>"Your reign of terror ends now"
>>
>>68896796
>implying
>>
File: a tribe called quest.jpg (164 KB, 780x544) Image search: [Google]
a tribe called quest.jpg
164 KB, 780x544
>>68894777
>>68896923

It checks out
a tribe called >>>/qst/
and has a giggle
>>
>>68896958
that card explanation hurts my brain, is that the intent?
>>
It lets you build a catapult to launch your monsters at the floating castle to crash it on your opponent with no survivors
>>
>>68896490
>Now that I think of it, what would even he the point if putting a monster face down?
Bluffing?
>>
>>68896165
Poor man's Penguin Soldier desu senpai
>>
>>68895352

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSWdj4izHM
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.