[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Rick and Morty the most intellectual animated show ever m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: Rick_and_Morty_opening_credits.jpg (14 KB, 422x237) Image search: [Google]
Rick_and_Morty_opening_credits.jpg
14 KB, 422x237
Is Rick and Morty the most intellectual animated show ever made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
>>
my mind is blown O_o
>>
>>68888743
>watch one of these videos.
>some statement annoys me in the first couple minutes.
>cant keep watching.

every time.

there isnt an infinite number of parallel universes, just so many it might as well be infinite.
>>
>>68888922
At least it didn't start with "HEY GUYS"
>>
>>68888922
How do you know that?
>>
Animated show intellectuality:
Rick and Morty > Neon Genesis Evangelion > Steven Universe >>>>>>>>> everything else >>>>>>>>> family gay
>>
>>68889031
because thats what the parallel universe theory says.

one fucking universe for every state some subatomic particle can be in or something like that. Its an unimaginable amount but not infinite.
>>
>>68889003
Agreed
>>
There is a countably infinite number of parallel universes because of planck time

there doesn't have to be infinite numbers of evil ricks between any two ricks
>>
File: animekino.png (621 KB, 1153x634) Image search: [Google]
animekino.png
621 KB, 1153x634
>>68888743
That's not end of evangelion
>>
>there's a universe in which you are not a pathetic fucking loser posting in 4chan all day and watching movies alone
Why the fuck wasn't I born in that universe?
>>
It's just science fiction.
If there's infinite realities where anything can happen in the show, that doesn't mean the creators believe that same thing in real life. Anyone who takes this show seriously is a retard.
>>
>>68888743
That video is very reddit. He explains multiverse concept for 10 minutes and the whole point is that writers did bait and switch.
WOW SUCH GENIUS
cmon
>>
File: download (10).jpg (6 KB, 244x207) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
6 KB, 244x207
>>68889494

>9494

At least you're in the universe with a nice get
>>
>>68889494
You could have been born in the universe where you're used as a sex slave by a group a niggers. There's always better, there's always worse.
>>
File: Kant_foto.jpg (56 KB, 343x598) Image search: [Google]
Kant_foto.jpg
56 KB, 343x598
>>68888743
>this guy was a popstar in 19th century
>rick and morty is intellectual

It is interesting how times change
>>
>>68889640
Don't claim you wouldn't enjoy it.
>>
>>68889640
Damn, I guess youre right.
But then there must also be a universe in which you are a cute grill.
>>
File: 1461874434598.gif (2 MB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1461874434598.gif
2 MB, 500x377
>>68888743

>There isn't a version of you so smart that he recruits every parralel version of you to create an interstellar society where you can visit other realities and have others deal with the shitty aspects of your own so you at least can get ob track.
>>
>>68889640

>Implying I would hate that

t. Swede
>>
>>68888743
NO ITS SHIT

HARVEY BIRDMAN IS THE SMARTEST SHOW ON ADULT SWIM

XAVIER IS THE MOST PHILOSOPHICAL
>>
>>68889711
there is a version of you that wants to be this version of you
>>
Rick and Morty is actually an ingenious show even if you completely ignore the content. The way the characters communicate and act are just brilliant derivations of reality. 4chan's general opinion of something tends to be the opposite of the truth the last few years with the growing number of /pol/ tards "participating" in conversations outside of crying and crying about identity politics. When you have people literally in the 40s and 50s for IQ forming the majority of "opinions," most shit will tend to be wrong.
>>
>>68889777
those have nothing on rick & morty
>>
>>68889312
One theory says this, therefore it is right

“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”
>>
Is the parellel universe theory essentially: Theres a universe where a blade of grass or a grain of sand wasn't made?

Like is that the scale we are talking?
>>
>>68891583
you're not getting the answers to this question on fucking /tv/ dude, go read a book
>>
>>68891652
Parallel universe theory:In one or more parallel I'm with her and we are happy
>>
>>68891583
no there is a universe where some subatomic particle in an atom making up a leaf of grass has another state.

and for every other particle and every combination of those there is another universe and so on.

Thats the scale we are talking about.
>>
>>68888922
Image a universe same like this, but the English alphabet has one extra letter.

Now image a universe same like this, but the English alphabet has two extra letters.

This alone can be repeated infinitely.
>>
File: 1434403348178.jpg (12 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1434403348178.jpg
12 KB, 251x251
>>68889681
thanks for reminding me asshole
>>
>>68888743
Infinite universes doesn't mean infinite universes with life and Ricks.
>>
>>68889151
i liked your list.
>>
holy shit, he really, really doesn't understand jokes.
>>
File: LIFE.jpg (38 KB, 350x465) Image search: [Google]
LIFE.jpg
38 KB, 350x465
>>68889777
JACKPOT TRIPS DON'T LIE
POST XAVIERS
>>
>>68888743
I literally marathoned this show yesterday.
I never really read that much into those "we can't do this every week" comments, I figured it was somewhat of a meta joke where the writers are talking directly to the audience.
>>
>>68894585
>I never really read that much into those "we can't do this every week" comments, I figured it was somewhat of a meta joke where the writers are talking directly to the audience.

it's almost certainly a joke about that.
>>
File: vbpark.jpg (78 KB, 575x363) Image search: [Google]
vbpark.jpg
78 KB, 575x363
It's not even the most intellectual animated show on Adult Swim.

Rick and Morty is overrated as fuck.
>>
Rick and Morty is pretty funny, but I think part of that humor is the way they poke fun at how absurd the whole show is by occasionally putting the spotlight on how messed up what's happening is by having the characters actually address the absurdity, rather than just brushing it aside.
I don't really think there's much depth to it though, overall it's just a big absurd mess, and that's what's good about it.
I hope it doesn't start taking itself too seriously all of a sudden.
>>
>>68892236
nope, at some point there arent enough atoms in the universe for a sentient species to have a brain large enough to memorise all those letters.
>>
>>68892236

Look at your keyboard, you know how the letters are mixed up and out of order?

Well did you know that if you could go back thousands of years and change the alphabet so it was in that order to begin with, by now we'd have an extra finger.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.