[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it's here motherfuckers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: 15.jpg (39 KB, 489x419) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
39 KB, 489x419
he actually makes some good points here. as a star wars fan i like this movie less every time i watch it or put serious thought into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w
>>
hey reddit
>>
>>68884757
>removes sins because rey is a mary sue
yeah no
>>
19 minutes? I dont think so
>>
>>68884757
>>>/v/
>>
Isn't that the actual star destroyer in the opening shot and not its shadow though?
>>
>beat-for-beat copy and paste of ANH
>endless pandering and fan service
>uninspired direction and cinematography
>horribly underwhelming score
>terrible pacing after Jakku
>poor world building after Jakku
>lazy (or cynical) holes in characterisation

At very best, the movie is average.
>>
>>68884802
dumbass doesn't know what a silhouette is
>>
>>68884784
wa8 wat?
>>
>>68884757
>this is how /v/edditors analyze film

TFA was shit and I could tell from the first time I watched it
>>
I really liked his videos when they were 3-5 minutes long and focused on real "cinema sins". Now it is just full of nitpicks that are mostly easy to debunk, which would be fine if it was funny enough
>>
>youtube "celebrity" thread
This truly is the worst board.
>>
>>68884757
>Everything Wrong with...
/tv/ has discussed this topic several times a day, everyday since the films release. Why would anyone here sit through 17mins of this YT video?

Are you the video creator? Are you afraid of capitalization?
>>
File: NU-TV Can Fuck Off.jpg (1 MB, 2188x1214) Image search: [Google]
NU-TV Can Fuck Off.jpg
1 MB, 2188x1214
>>68884757
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x241
>>68884757
>refuses to acknowledge some of the obvious flaws with Rey
>>
>>68884957
because everyone who browses this shithole has nothing better to do, and yes, i am terrified of capitalization, especially when i have no reason to give a full shit here on 4chan. i spell correctly and punctuate correctly. that's as far as i'm willing to go here.
>>
Ya, I find this guy LESS then /tv/ but still better the 70% of the reviewers out there. CineFix the best. they have a good understanding.
>>
>>68885111
fuck capitalization. that shit's for plebs.
>>
>>68884757

>17 minutes or less

I used to watch this dudes video when they were short, like <5min. Now they go for fucking ever and I cbf
>>
>>68884957
>>68884866
Jewtube doesn't pay by views anymore, they pay by how long people watch. That's why they make these long as shit now
>>
>>68884757
> how did rey manage to master the jedi mind trick in minutes when it tool luke and annakin years to master it?
> why did kylo get BTFO by a fucking slave girl I mean kylo is like a sith lord and he stil gets BTFO
> How did finn manage to even hold lukes light saber without being a jedi?
> why did that sith officer get cheeky and talk back to kylo and kylo did nothing?
> WHY didn't the first order use clones instead of normal humans?
> why did phasma just disable the shields without putting a fight?

No one has been able to answer any of these questions. Even lucas himself couldn't answer them. 2/10 this movie os garbage I regret watching it.
>>
>>68885590
have you seen the empire strikes back?
> why did that sith officer get cheeky and talk back to kylo and kylo did nothing?
Ren isn't Vader. he's not as ruthless apparently.
you had a good point otherwise
>>
>>68885056
>No Big Bang Theory

You had ONE FUCKING JOB.
>>
File: 1437813212727.jpg (57 KB, 250x402) Image search: [Google]
1437813212727.jpg
57 KB, 250x402
>>68885056
CIA...."nu"

Nice collage nigga, how long/how triggered were you to put that all together?
>>
>>68885732
You understand that the joke is that it fits almost every comedic personality, right?
>>
Just realized, while watching this, how actually beautiful this film is.
>>
File: 1458553048874.jpg (33 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1458553048874.jpg
33 KB, 625x626
>>68885904
>>
>>68885590
Anyone can use a lightsaber though, Jedi are just the only ones that can master it. It's not fucking Thor's hammer.
>>
File: 1457705914842.jpg (106 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457705914842.jpg
106 KB, 640x640
>>68886097
Why don't disney just cut the bullshit and do a fucking Star Wars / Marvel crossover

We know it's coming, just get it over with now.
>>
>>68884757
17 minutes and somehow he didn't show the story continuity error.

Have people all lost their powers of deduction?
>>
File: unblebel.gif (424 KB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
unblebel.gif
424 KB, 250x257
>>68886186
>>
>>68884757
This scene doesn't contain a lap dance xD
>>
>last year's second-best film
>>
>>68885056
South Park? Really?
I'm almost 30 years old, South Park is more from my generation than current year 16 year olds.
>>
>>68886270

What is it?
>>
>>68884757
Remember when these were like 4-6 minutes and only covered major flaws?
>>
>>68884757
His second/third points were so retarded I had to close the video. Don't care if he brings up good points, not dealing with that much autism.
>>
File: 1422133778005.jpg (11 KB, 289x275) Image search: [Google]
1422133778005.jpg
11 KB, 289x275
This guy talks like I imagine most Redditers do. I can't stand it, it's so smug and self righteous it makes me physically angry
>>
>>68887805

Agreed.
>>
Wow, 5 seconds in and this guy confuses an obvious silhouette with a shadow.
>>
>>68885590
Kylo ain't Sith, that died with Sheev.
>>
>>68884757
There are a few good YouTube channels about movies, then you get stuff like this which just nitpicks minor film inconsistencies or channels that only do top 10 lists.
>>
>>68888069
which are the good ones?
>>
File: cats.gif (2 MB, 367x260) Image search: [Google]
cats.gif
2 MB, 367x260
>>68887805

Would you prefer a video where someone talks like most people from 4chan?

>REY IS MARY SUE GAS KIKES RACE WAR NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*ding*
>>
>thats racist

ding
>>
Twice he removes sins Mary sue Rey being a Mary Sue.

Jeremy confirmed for being a biased Reyfag considering her entire character should have deserved a sin on its own.
>>
>>68888967
Yeah, actually.
>>
>>68888202
Red letter media
>>
>>68885590
>how did rey manage to master the jedi mind trick in minutes when it tool luke and annakin years to master it?
I agree with you completely on this one, I didn't like it. At the very least they could have included a "Rey studied Jedi legends" scene, but they didn't even do that (rumored cut scenes don't count). Still wouldn't have made it a good idea though.

>why did kylo get BTFO by a fucking slave girl I mean kylo is like a sith lord and he stil gets BTFO
Couple reasons for this. First, he's emotionally a child who uses fear and intimidation as his most powerful weapon. He's likely never had a "real" fight, at least not one without all his stormtrooper boys or "knights of ren" backing him up. Rey on the other hand has been shown to have melee weapon combat experience, and the roughness of her planet implies she's been quite a few tough scrapes, probably had to learn to fight off rape gangs while scavenging portions. Additionally, not only was Kylo in a complete emotionally wrecked state from having just killed his father, but he also took a goddamn wookie bowcaster blast to the gut, something that's been shown to launch troopers straight up into the air. He was in an immense amount of physical and mental anguish and this likely compromised his ability to fight.

>How did finn manage to even hold lukes light saber without being a jedi?
I don't understand what you're asking, a lightsaber is just an object, there's no reason why a non-jedi can't hold or activate it. See Empire.

>why did that sith officer get cheeky and talk back to kylo and kylo did nothing?
If you mean Hux, they're like two brothers vying for daddy's attention, Kylo fucked up and knew he it wouldn't be wise to push his luck with Snoke when Hux was currently in the favored child position.
>>
>>68885590
>>68890826

>WHY didn't the first order use clones instead of normal humans?
I don't know, but then clones were never a big deal in the original trilogy. The most we get is a passing reference to Obi-Wan's service in "the clone wars". The "every stormtrooper is a clone" was never established as a major plot point in-movie until the prequels.

>why did phasma just disable the shields without putting a fight?
This was another bit I didn't like. You're right, she should have put up much more of a fight, or it should have at least been implied she was just playing along and had a plan to trap them before they stuffed her into a garbage chute. Waste of a character.
>>
File: phwSQEr[1].png (383 KB, 1053x591) Image search: [Google]
phwSQEr[1].png
383 KB, 1053x591
what a goddamn retard holy fuck
>>
>Watching, reading, or listening to autists talk about Star Wars
Why the fuck would anyone want to do that?
>>
>>68890647
reddit
>>
>>68890911
>this galaxy's sun
>galaxy's sun
Lel didn't notice that one while watching the video.
>>
>/tv/ shocked he removes sins for Mary Sue

Have you guys never seen any of his other videos? The entire, "That's racist" sin might as well have Anita Sarkeesian guess sinning whenever it comes up.
>>
>>68890911
Does he know anything about perspective?Could the ship be at such an angle that the light is hitting the planet but not the side of the star destroyer in shadows?
>>
>>68885056

Where's Sean Lock?
>>
>>68884866

Agree %100

I used to think these "cinema sins" were all satire. It's sad how serious he takes it. Btw stop shilling your YouTube shit here
>>
>>68884757
>The "Let Go OF My Hand Scene isn't marked as sin" leaving me to believe that he ate that shit up and was fine with it.
>Ding
>>
>>68885590
> how did rey manage to master the jedi mind trick in minutes when it tool luke and annakin years to master it?
Who says she mastered it? Who says it took them "years" between time skips? Have you forgotten the bit where Kylo literally shows her Force mindfuckery?

> why did kylo get BTFO by a fucking slave girl I mean kylo is like a sith lord and he stil gets BTFO
Oh good, you're just a moron who doesn't know shit about the universe. He's an apprentice to some dude who isn't even around to train him. Also he just ran a marathon with a giant fucking wound.

Same way any soldier would hold a sword without being trained in sword fighting.

Because Hux is important and Snoke would be pissed. Ren isn't higher ranked than Hux.

> WHY didn't the first order use clones instead of normal humans?
Don't know.

> why did phasma just disable the shields without putting a fight?
Don't know, but her role in future movies suggests her loyalty may not have been super strong either.
>>
>>68884757
>giving a sin off because of the jedi mindtrick bullshit
hnnnng
>>
File: sue wars.jpg (64 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
sue wars.jpg
64 KB, 600x589
>>68884757
>removes sins because of "Rey being a badass"
>the dumb fuck actually thinks Rey being a mary sue is a good thing

what the actual fuck
>>
>Kylo is clearly toying with Finn, it's basically a carbon copy of the scene from Empire when Vader is toying with Luke
No worries here

>Kylo is getting his ass kicked by Rey and is clearly not trying to toy with her
this is not ok
Even if Rey has experience in melee combat and is a force user and Kylo has a wookie bowcaster gutshot to deal with, Kylo should still be way out of her league
>>
I still find it retarded that Finn talks like a stereotypical "inner city youth" even though he's apparently been 'educated' by the stormtrooper program ever since he was a small child

I don't give a fuck about him being black especially since I am too but the way he talks makes no goddamn sense
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 960x1570) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 960x1570
>>68891017
nope
>>
>>68893263
He should have used his British accent.
>>
>>68893096
this
>>
>>68893263
His whole character does not match his background in general.
>>
>>68890911
The better sin here would be 'prow of new Star Destroyer literally a middle finger to the fans'.

I got sick of Cinemasins pretty quickly. When the videos started pushing past 10 minutes in length I stopped caring, he's nowhere near funny enough to sustain that.

Screen Junkies is trash too, should have just stuck to Honest Trailers and occasionally sending Hal Rudnick to annoy people. Movie Fights is the most cringworthy shit I've seen on YouTube, and most of the people involved are absolute turbocucks.
>>
>>68893932

I used to be subscribed to screen junkies until I saw that really cringey reporter guy (hal? I don't remember his name) harass some people at comic con by pressing a girl into trying to answer personal questions that she had specifically mentioned not wanting to discuss.

Of course the YouTube comments defended the faggot and that guy (as far as I know) is still involved with screen junkies in a big way.

Now I only occasionally watch an honest trailer. Cinemasins guys degraded in quality fast going from 3-6 minute videos to 20+ minute ones. Unless it's a movie I'm fond of, I won't watch his shit.
>>
>>68885702
That's the only comedy he likes
>>
>>68884757
That Gamestop sin was pretty good
>>
>>68884757
>as a star wars fan i like this movie less every time i watch it or put serious thought into it.

Star Wars was never the kind of movie series where you were ever supposed to put serious thought into it.
>>
>>68884757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ
>>
File: 1389413402595.jpg (45 KB, 506x513) Image search: [Google]
1389413402595.jpg
45 KB, 506x513
>>68894110
>>68894110

You sound like one of the biggest faggots ot ever walk the planet.

These shitty youtube videos are clickbait garbage for retards to advertise with... Like 99% of Youtube content.
>>
>>68890911
>>68891138
>>68892130
The stupid retard claims that is a shadow on the planet/moon, really all we are seeing is the silhouette of the Star Destroyer.

The guy doesn't seem to have a clue about what is going on in the image.

>>68887564
Are you still here?
>>
>>68884825
He removes sins because she does "badass" things.

Remember when he wasn't such a white knight, cuck?
>>
>>68890911
Does he not know what a silhouette is?
>>
>>68885056
>southpark
>jim carrey
>maddox
>seinfeld
>friends

>mixed in with a lot of stuff that became popular in the last 10 years

did you just wake up from a coma or something and are having a sensory overload?
>>
>Star Destroyer's shadow

It's a view of the underside of the ship which isn't visible due to the angle of the sun.
>>
>>68890848
Clones became a minority. The Empire started recruiting after they came into power and Clones kind of died out and got the shit end of the stick
>>
>>68884784
I'm honestly disappointed at this.
>>
>>68891442
How long before he has her as a guest?
>>
>>68894110
Hal Rudnick's time at Comic Con bothered you so much that you unsubscribed from Screen Junkies? Overreaction much? I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful. Everyone makes mistakes.
>>
>>68884784
TFA was shit but this guy is just a fucking moron. He must be terrified of offending anyone watching his videos.
>>
>>68885056
>all these replies
>nobody gets the joke.

Tells you alot about /tv/
>>
>>68884757

No need for 17 minutes, you just need the Star Wars part.
>>
>>68884790
Fucking hell this. I watched the first minute and literally not a single valid criticism.
>>
>>68892284
>It's sad how serious he takes it.
He doesn't take it seriously but you guys do
>>
>>68896353
It's his job, right? I'd say he takes it very seriously.
>>
>>68896396
Just because its his job doesn't mean he is serious about any of the stuff he talks about. He is taking the piss out of it and making money off it and people still keep think the dude is serious and its funny that it angers so many people
>>
>>68895908
Everyone gets the joke, it's not funny Reddit.
>>
>>68892284
They're not satire but jokes, you're supposed to laugh at his videos. There are some genuine complaints but they're mixed in with his shitty jokes. Take the part where he complains about the Stormtroopers being good shots for example; he's not actually complaining about them being good shots, that would be retarded. He's just making a joke about how Stormtroopers are bad shots, nothing more.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.