[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
seems like a pretty bad idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: la-1461866639-snap-photo.jpg (39 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
la-1461866639-snap-photo.jpg
39 KB, 900x506
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-will-ferrell-reagan-dementia-20160428-snap-htmlstory.html

Will Ferrell is taking another swing at impersonating a Republican president.
The actor, who spent a good chunk of his time on SNL playing President George W. Bush, has signed on to play Ronald Reagan in a satiric film called "Reagan," Variety reported Wednesday.

Specifically, he's portraying late-career Reagan as an old man afflicted with Alzheimer's and rapidly descending into dementia. In the script, an ambitious intern is tasked with convincing the commander-in-chief that he's an actor playing the president.

...shakes head while trying to understand why someone thought that would be a good topic for a comedy
>>
File: u srs or nah.jpg (24 KB, 228x502) Image search: [Google]
u srs or nah.jpg
24 KB, 228x502
>>68884597
>...shakes head while trying to understand why someone thought that would be a good topic for a comedy
>>
>>68884597
>he's portraying late-career Reagan as an old man afflicted with Alzheimer's and rapidly descending into dementia.
Oh come on, seems harmless enough. Who could possibly get triggered by this movie?
>>
>>68884718
>/pol/

I mean I like Reagan, but /pol/ worships him as a godmeme.
>>
>>68884718
you never go full retard
>>
>>68884874
well ignoring the political angles, Alzheimer's is not something to make fun of

how would the steven hawking movie have done if it was one long string of jokes about paraplegics....
>>
Surely the kind of people who want to go and see a Will Ferrell movie are too young to remember Reagan?

Anyone old enough doesn't need the movie anyway, they already remember living under a president who made decisions via the cosmic power of astrology.
>>
>>68884874

> but /pol/ worships him as a godmeme.

No they don't. They hate his guts.
>>
>>68884874
>/pol/ is one person

Redditfag, pls go. Just as much of /pol/ is anti-authoritarian as are.
>>
>>68884975
>>68884986
Redditors don't understand the difference between Conservative, Liberal, Authoritarian and Libertarian axes. They only know Reagan is a Republican and so assume he's /pol/.
>>
File: keks.jpg (10 KB, 227x200) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
10 KB, 227x200
>>68884975
>>68884986
>>68885055

>pol is triggered
>>
>>68884597

>Hollywood Liberals are STILL pissed-off about Reagan

It's been nearly 30 fucking years since the man was in office.
Move the fuck on already.
>>
>>68884874

>I mean I like Reagan, but /pol/ worships him as a godmeme.

>Reagan was not a Liberal
>/pol/ isn't Liberal
>therefore, /pol/ loves Reagan

Redditor Logic
>>
I hate Reagan and yet even I think this is poor form. Making fun of an old many suffering from Alhzeimer's? what's the point of that? If you want to bring down a man, do it while he is at his highest.
>>
hahaha suck it trumpfags it's obviously a trump parody fucking conversatards btfo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.