[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why dont people like this movie??? Is it just because it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Star Wars 7.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars 7.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
Why dont people like this movie???

Is it just because it has a female protagonist or what?
>>
It's a dank may may
>>
File: gxxAVQU.jpg (31 KB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
gxxAVQU.jpg
31 KB, 400x272
>>68868651
what an awesome shot, it totally reminded me of the 80's anime "armor hunter mellowlink" the episode where he's fighting in an old crashed warship. pic related
>>
>>68868651
Rey should have been a male or completely removed from the movie. I can accept space magic, but seeing a female taking on male thugs and not getting raped is too much for me.
>>
>>68869367
I agree but its easy to just say they were aliens and not interested in fucking a human
>>
>>68868651
people don't like it because of two reasons
Han dies and how easy rey uses the force
>>
it was thousand times better reboot then Jurassic World desu
>>
>>68868651
I just thought it was boring. 6/10. Too much nostalgia pandering. Too many plot points lifted from previous SW movies. The movie just felt so small. This universe is supposed to be massive but the film had no scope.
>>
>>68868651
It's because the female protagonist is extremely competent for no reason and sucks out the tension in every scene she's in. She's also a terrible actress with a godawful accent that doesn't belong in Star Wars (almost as bad as AN SOLO YOU'RE A DEAD MON). There were also too much quips and forced wink-wink nostalgia pandering. However, Kylo and Han saved the movie from being shit, so it was still a 6/10 for me.

>>68869754
I think Han's death was probably the only good scene in the movie.
>>
File: anglo_2000x1125_daisyridley.jpg (933 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
anglo_2000x1125_daisyridley.jpg
933 KB, 2000x1125
>>68868651

>daisy ridley
>female

Not with that jaw.
>>
>another death star
>2 chewbaccas
>boba fett goes to the sun
>r2d2 fights a lava snake

how could you not
>>
>>68868651
It was just a retelling of the first one with slightly inverted characters.
Black guy is Luke. He wants to be a hero and do good, and has the skills to do it (luke didn't have the skills at first)
Pilot guy is han solo, he's a rebel WITh a cause (han had no cause until he joined)
alien girl is inverted yoda, she's a social wiseperson who is a straight shooter, instead of an antisocial wiseperson who talks in riddles
there's nothing new here
and the girl is anakin. all the skills and no drive (anakin had lots of drive)
>>
>>68868651
Yup she is the reason among many why the movie sucked, the movie cashed in on the nostalgia crowd early, made bank and now no one cares, dont get me wrong though it was successful, but remember just because something is successful doesn't mean it's utter trash. Now comes the fact that episode 8 won't have that same nostalgia factor to play with, it won't do nearly as well as 7, and rogue one will be shit too.
>>
>>68870518
This.

It brings nothing new to the table.

This is why idiots and nostalgiafags loved it. It was completely shallow and hearkened entirely to the nostalgia.
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 1280x1003) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 1280x1003
>>68868651
Because it's not as good as the other TV movies like Caravan of Courage.
>>
File: 1437561039932.jpg (120 KB, 1205x721) Image search: [Google]
1437561039932.jpg
120 KB, 1205x721
TWO WORDS:

MARY SUE
>>
Combination of prequelbabbies and people who never actually liked star wars to begin with

they hate TFA for being too much like Star Wars, and then complain when it isn't enough like Star wars in what new stuff it brings to the table
>>
File: image.jpg (488 KB, 1603x1256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
488 KB, 1603x1256
Could they be Rey's family?

They have her acting skills...
>>
>>68871179
you sir are retarded please have kids so that you can embellish your retardation strain further
>>
>>68868651
>Main character is bland, the 'mysterious past' aspect made it hard to connect
>No world-building, just felt like the first episode of a TV series rather than a feature film. By the end of the film we still know hardly anything about the various players and the overall situation. In ANH we know this after 15 minutes.
>Weak soundtrack, overused old themes (dat Leia theme for 15 minutes) and didn't introduce many new ones.
>No interesting new ships, planets, aliens or bad guys

I went in expecting a simple action movie with relatable archetypal characters, memorable bombastic music and cool fluff, I didn't even get that. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't good either.
>>
>>68871454
>muh worldbuilding

I hate how wikia and cinematic universes have turned everyone into a sperg who needs to know the ins and outs of fictional universes in order to enjoy a movie
>>
>>68871569
are you fucking retarded? the whole idea of cinematography and star wars included is the inclusion of precise detail, it is a separate world, and in order to contrast that from the present reality, we need intricate details you fucking bafoon but you didnt think about this before this objectively terrible post god i fucking hate retards with no fucking capacity to think like you famo how do you even operate on a daily basis with this small roundabout sad excuse of a fucking brain
>>
>>68871569
>muh worldbuilding
>one of the fundamental concepts of star wars
>>
File: 1424889157834.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
1424889157834.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
I enjoyed it. The only moment that really made me say "oh fuck this" was Kylo losing the fight to Rey. Fucker disbanded the new Jedi Order and made Luke fuck off to hermitsville so he shouldn't have lost, he should have curb stomped the fuck out of Rey then be driven away by laser fire from the Falcon.
>>
Pandering and lifeless
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 849x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 849x361
>>68871569
The characters aren't supposed to live in this world... It's like Egypt, or Rome, or practically any society besides America. If you don't have creativity, don't bother trying out.
>>
>>68871732
Really? Because the only autistic worldbuilding was in the prequels

Richard Chew and Marcia lucas cut out worthless scenes like luke and biggs discussing imperial collectivization of moisture farming in ANH because that shit isnt necessary. The setting serves the characters not the other way around

Youre probably one of those spergs who thinks the Imperial command meeting was about the disbanding of the senate and not to show how powerful Vader is
>>
>>68870336

i don't get it, that's a sexy jawline
>>
>>68868651
No tension, no suspense, no memorable moments.

The protagonist is shown defeating 2 men in hand to hand combat in the first 10 minutes of the movie despite weighing 100lbs.

Gee I wonder how it's going to end.
>>
>>68872066
/THREAD
>>
>>68872066

go back to 4chan misogynist
>>
File: Taxi_Driver_poster.jpg (29 KB, 302x425) Image search: [Google]
Taxi_Driver_poster.jpg
29 KB, 302x425
ITT your favorite Films and why you hate women.

My favorite film is Taxi Driver and I hate women because of their shameless exploitation of the sexual revolution, which they blew out of proportion thanks to their many beta providers and inherently degenerate nature. It has been over 50 years ago, yet you're still using it as an excuse to be controlling whores ALL THE TIME: the insane manipulation of media, the casual sex, the atrocities you're committing against mankind with the rights men GAVE you thanks to your beta "friends" in the Western world.
Everyone knows what you're doing and you've been doing in these 50 years, the only reason this spiral of silence still exists today is because you'd be called a sexist, a virgin, you'd be be ostracized from society.
Can you imagine a male whore being excused because 90 years ago a woman attempted to hurt his whore feelings after making a poor decision? It would be inexcusable, but then again sluts have their friends in the West who love to increase their infinitesimally tiny chances at having sex by tugging at whore's heartstrings.
I'm fucking sick and tired of your slimeball tactics. If you really have the support of people in the western hemisphere then are you still wasting no effort to influence and manipulate public opinione, sluts?
>>
>>68871649
The point of films is to give you a message about humanity or the world to apply to your own life

not to give you details to fill out an autistic wookiepedia page about the history of a fictional universe
>>
>>68872130
Eliot Rodgers go to bed.
>>
>>68871768
I won't go hard on you since you admitted you enjoyed the movie, but if you don't understand why Kylo lost that fight you really didn't get that character. The worst kind of star wars fans are the powerlevelfags.
>>
>>68872184
wow, i don't know why you're here... this is a board for deep thinkers and appreciators of art.. not fucking faggots who think movies should be the most simple fucking form of visual entertainment
>>
>>68872216
>but if you don't understand why Kylo lost that fight you really didn't get that character

Could you explain it then? All I got from the film was that he was some kid that's in too deep, loves to have tantrums, and powerful enough to make the son of space Jesus fuck off. I suppose he could have lost due to the fact that he falls to rage so easily but outside of that I got nothing.
>>
>>68872217
"worldbuilding" isn't a measure of artistic merit, you fucking faggot.

hamfisted iraqi war commentary and lucas bitching about democracy through stilted dialogue isn't art
>>
>>68872369
kill thyself
>>
File: Sahara_poster.jpg (27 KB, 299x443) Image search: [Google]
Sahara_poster.jpg
27 KB, 299x443
>>68868651
i thought this is Sahara from OP's picture
>>
>>68872338
Kylo Ren is a scared, insecure kid pretending to be Vader to make himself feel more intimidating and powerful. He was likely an angsty and depressed kid with abandonment issues after being dumped on Luke by his parents and Snoke exploited that. Despite this he actually hates being evil and is questioning himself throughout the entire movie.

from his very first scene Kylo Ren's will is constantly being eroded as other people talk down to him and he questions his devotion to his cause. He kills his father to go all-in with the dark side to try to prove that he's the bad guy he wants to be, but he fails at it

>von Sydow says he's a poser and can never deny the connection to his family, so Kylo spergs out and kills him
>Snoke questions his loyalty and says his father will be his greatest test, Kylo ren denies Han means anything to him but it's clear he's bullshitting
>He talks to the Vader helmet and says he's being "pulled to the light" and seeks guidance from the helmet so he won't be seduced by his conscience
>Rey calls him a pussy and says he'll never be as strong as Darth Vader, taking off the mask is a literal representation of Kylo Ren taking down his wall of intimidation and power and becoming more vulnerable
>On the bridge, Kylo Ren says he's being "torn apart" and that he "wants to be free of this pain" (free of his connection to his family which is causing him pain) and he knows what he has to do (kill Han) but he doesn't know if he has the strength to do it

He realizes almost immediately that killing his father was a bad choice. He's both mortally wounded and he doesn't know what to believe anymore so he's having a fucking meltdown, so all of this fucks with his ability to fight. Meanwhile Rey has finally learned to listen to the Force and to stop shutting it out so she wreks him.
>>
>>68868651
it was a crib faxiloquoy
>>
>>68869302
Those shots of the old wrecks in the desert are easily the best thing in TFA.
>>
>>68871054
Battle for Endor ftw.
>>
>>68872066
adding to this

You can easily see the problem when you compare the Death Star in the 1970's movie to the "ULTRA DEATH STAR OF DEATH MEGA SYSTEM DEATH" of Force Awakens

Their obviously going for a memorable moment or a cool factor, but there is no understanding of either why the death star was cool in the first place and the entire concept of suspense and foreboding seems to be alien to anyone involved in making the film.

Nothing is scary about it, the way the actors react to it is completely devoid of any kind of believability. No Bothans died to get information on it, no scenes where someone, ANYONE, is discussing any kind of backstory on the system killer.

No character in the film has any kind of believable reaction on how someone could build a device that absurd, it's never shown in construction, it has no back story, it's just there.

Honestly it's worse than the prequels, because at least in the prequels you could tell that someone had the tiniest bit of passion about filmmaking, even if the end products were awful.

At least Lucas cared enough to make them awful, instead of just generic and forgettable as The Force Awakens was.
>>
File: 1428511581461.jpg (386 KB, 2063x3131) Image search: [Google]
1428511581461.jpg
386 KB, 2063x3131
>>68872495
Fair enough, I got most of that but you helped clear up a few parts I was foggy on. Thanks anon.
>>
>>68872609
>Honestly it's worse than the prequels, because at least in the prequels you could tell that someone had the tiniest bit of passion about filmmaking, even if the end products were awful.
>At least Lucas cared enough to make them awful, instead of just generic and forgettable as The Force Awakens was.

It's funny, because if you watch the making of documentaries of TPM and TFA, you can see the exact opposite.

George is a lazy hands-off director who doesn't deliver his scripts on time. Everyone is terrified of Lucas' iron grip over everything, everyone knows Jar Jar sucks (who he's only making because "he's a funny character and kids'll love him) but they're all too afraid to question him and even George knows the movie sucks when he says "I may have gone too far in a few places"

take TFA documentary and everyone is fucking thrilled to be there and they all want JJ-senpai to notice them so they're giving it their all to make the best movie they can. There are discussions between the writers and producers about character motivations about how characters will serve the narrative instead of "how many toys can this guy sell?"

You've just bought into the meme that George is an auteur, a lie he told himself because he's still bitter THX and American Graffti's final cuts were done by the producers and where probably better films for it.
>>
>>68872942
10 years from 1999 people still recognize the battle droid naboo starfighter and podracer and goggles

In 10 years what will we remember from TFA?
>>
>>68873035
That it was a well made movie with likable characters

just because people remember a ship doesn't mean people liked the movie, jackass. You know what people probably recognize the most from episode 1? Jar Jar Binks, and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>68872942
>take TFA documentary and everyone is fucking thrilled to be there and they all want JJ-senpai to notice them so they're giving it their all to make the best movie they can. There are discussions between the writers and producers about character motivations about how characters will serve the narrative instead of "how many toys can this guy sell?"

all that was staged to sell the movie

>>68873035
>In 10 years what will we remember from TFA?

nothing, other than it failed to deliver
>>
>>68873147
It means ep 1 was more innovative and creative yes TFA was better executed but it had no sense of scope or gravitas. The maul fight was more engaging than that video game cutscene that was destroyingbstar killer base
>>
>>68873228
the maul fight was engaging solely because of the the choreography and music. what an unpersuasive example
>>
>>68868651
I thought the protag was boring, Harrison Ford was dull, Finn was tolerable, the antagonist was a pimply faced edgelord who could freeze time and not beat the protag. I thought it was very, very bad writing.
>>
>>68871768
>The only moment that really made me say "oh fuck this" was Kylo losing the fight to Rey. Fucker disbanded the new Jedi Order and made Luke fuck off to hermitsville so he shouldn't have lost, he should have curb stomped the fuck out of Rey then be driven away by laser fire from the Falcon.
This scene was so simple to understand, and while Rey is a Mary Sue it's pretty fucking clear why she won. I don't get how people don't understand a scene this obvious.
>>
>>68872012
You must be gay. Don't worry, you'll probably understand when you get older
>>
>>68873228
The attack on the Trade Federation ship is structurally the exact same setpiece as the death star attack. The Maul fight is pretty much the definition of video game shit because it's sterile and obviously choreographed fake fighting with absolutely nothing going on between the characters. The lightsaber duel exists for its own sake, it's not an externalization of conflict between characters like every fight in the original trilogy and TFA

you're just a dumb shit who only engages with his movies on the most superficial level so you see an X-Wing you get triggered and cry REHASH
>>
>>68873418
not him, but I think the issue is not with the "why" but the "how" that's in question here - a trained fighter should always defeat a novice , otherwise credibility goes out the window
>>
>>68869367
Realistically she's probably had to sell herself out to get by.
>>
>>68873575
How many portions would her payment be?
>>
>>68873525
Kylo wasn't trained very well

He was also wounded

He didn't even lose the fight, it was just interrupted by the planet splitting in between him and his opponent
>>
>>68870336
aww :3
>>
I hated the new main characters and the black guy was ugly what happen to shamelessly getting good looking people for the main roles. Then seeing Han die just killed the whole movie for me. Not to mention the so-called bad guys were totally lame. One is a emo faggot with grandpa issues and the other one got thrown into a trash compactor with no resistance. I have to agree about nostalgia as it was the only reason to watch it.
>>
>>68873704
>after calming down from his orgasm, Unkar Plutt wipes his seminal fluid off on Rey's garment, as she stairs off motionless into the Jakku sun
>"One quarter portion" he say's, throwing the wrapped green nutrients onto her
>>
>>68871768
He didnt want to kill her and was injured, you fucking retard
>>
File: puzzled expression.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
puzzled expression.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
>>68873876
>>
Why do people itt just hate the movie for having a fem protag? There is nothing wrong with that. Several people have admitted to it, women have been in Star Wars before and theres no reason she cant be the protag.
>>
>>68872609
"It's like a bigger Death Star"
>>
>>68868651
No, we hate it because it was a mediocre crock of shit! Imagine if you will waiting for well over 30 years and instead of something awesomely cool you get A new Hope Beta.05--not even 2.0 but the beta 0.05 v.

Rey's all powerful; capable and purposeful for no reason at all other than to sell Tiaras. And thanks to this ridiculous asspull of a character, The Rat and Jar Jar now has a thousand thousand new female fans who wants to be just like Rey, a little Ms Perfect who didn't have to achieve anything because she was born with all the right stuff making her the newest unstoppable Disney Tiara Princess who needs no man, and doesn't need to train, practice or anything at all since all she needs to do is close her eyes and say, "The Force." then, if you're her opponent, she'll proceed to push your shit in for you.

Which is sad really because we've seen heroines done right in films like the Matrix Series, Hardware, Terminator one, two and three, Kill Bill one and two, Star Wars the classic trilogy, Alien and Aliens, AVP, Jennifer Lopez's Enough, Night of the comet and many others.

We're not going to show these impressionable girls the true path of the heroine, the true path of becoming awesome that is realized only through blood sweat and tears; one met with trials and lots of pain like the Bride who suffered under the tutelage of the Black Locust Abbot, Pai Mei. Or Ellen Ripley a survivor whose motherly instincts kicks in enabling her to kick ass by the second film, Or Sarah Conner, the Linda Hamilton one who became nails through because of hardships. Instead, we'll show them Ms maRey Sue Rey who when logically beaten to the edge of a precipice only needs to hear the word "Force" and suddenly she's embolden by the hidden Tiara of feminine femininity "I believe in magic" bullshit--- she effortlessly defeats a force master when in previous films, the heroes got their asses thoroughly kicked when facing off against their respective Antagonist.
>>
>>68873916
Stop saying he was injured because VADER's a literal walking burn victim so who was in more constant pain that VADER? Fuck.

Rey's a maReySue. Say it, SAY IT!
>>
>>68874393
Factually innacurate. If she could do anything effortlessly she wouldn't have been defeated by Kylo Ren, wouldn't have been knocked out by him and lost on the Death Star, wouldn't have accidentally unleashed a murderous monster, wouldn't be waiting for a family who is obviously never returning, and wouldn't reject her call to fight against evil and instead abandon her new friends. But for some reason you idiots ignore this and latch on to negative things as if you are fueled by rage but your complaints aren't even accurate.
>>
>>68874444
Darth Vader is in a super suit, and Kylo Ren isn't. That's that. You also presented no argument against the undeniable fact that he was trying not to kill her. She was also running half the time, got one strike in, then they were seperated instead of having a clear victor.
>>
>>68874444
>women aren't allowed to be good at stuff! Say it, SAY IT!
>>
>>68874393
>she effortlessly defeats a force master when in previous films, the heroes got their asses thoroughly kicked when facing off against their respective Antagonist.

>WHAAA TFA IS A RIPOFF OF ANH
>WHAAA WHY ISN'T TFA MORE LIKE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY

every time
>>
>>68874591
>women can be as good at stuff as men! Say it, SAY IT!
>>
>>68868651

Same story as original Star Wars movie rehased
>>
>>68873816
Hot.
>>
Honest answer:

I hate being pandered to. This movie and Jurassic world ditched creativity for fan servicing, and the final product was simply unenjoyable for me on several levels. It wasn't new, it wasn't interesting, it was as if my parents came over and wanted to play video games with me. It's not something I want.
>>
File: portion guy.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
portion guy.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>68873816
I bet he's her pimp
>>
>>68874515
Each and every time she failed she did so to be even more spectacular in the successive scene. Prove me wrong, prove me wrong, and we both know that's rhetorical because you can't. She got captured By REN just so she could BEAT HIM AT FORCE TELEPATHY. She got knocked out by REN, just so she could go, "Oh Yeah, the force." and Curb Stomp REN. She's a maRey Fucking Sue!

>>68874584
WHAT THE FUCK DOES BEING IN A FUCKING LIFE SUPPORT HAS TO DO WITH NOT BEING IN PAIN, ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!

FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU DISNEY SHILLS?

>>68874591
>>68874632
>>68874615
You fucking disney shills. EVERY FUCKING HEROINE I've seen, until MS all too perfect Rey, earned their fucking stripes. Barring Lara Croft of course. But every, other heroine I've seen got their shit pushed in royally and wasn't at all, that much of a maReySue. Unlike Rey of course, and maybe Lara Croft but not like how Rey is, not even in the slightest or the fucking least.
>>
>>68872505
>Spaceships that size crashing into the planet INTACT

Nah nigga.

Nah.
>>
>>68874926
She never "curb stomped" Ren. Your only refutation to what I said was Vader's suit which honestly isn't even my main point and overall irrelevant when I said other stuff that proved you wrong and you ignored.
>>
>>68874926
You're complaining that TFA is too much like ANH and then complaining that TFA isn't enough like ANH because Rey beat Kylo Ren. This shows a juvenile interpretation of the movie because you can't understand that Kylo Ren is specifically shown to NOT be Darth Vader, he is a pale imitator who's in the middle of a mental breakdown and is mortally wounded during the final battle

Star Wars protags have always been wish fulfillment heroes who are good at everything, you're just mad because this one is a girl
>>
>>68875116
Not him, but pretty much every Star Wars protagonist struggles against their villains

>Luke against Vader in V
>Anakin against Dooku in II
>Obi-Wan against Grievous (although he wins at the end with the blaster)
>>
>>68874982
Fucking are you serious though, like are you sitting there, wherever the fuck you are in present space time--are you like, an actual person being honest to goodness serious, or are you trolling the fuck out of me right now?

Because, wow. Firstly, Ren's a practicing Force user for well over a decade and maybe for longer than Rey was alive from the age of a youngling on up to thirty odd. Rey was some no body from some world who may or may not have been a youngling in training and even then that's no excuse for what she was able to pull of.

Vader, my incorrigible troll, was always in pain but that's a good thing because when you're a fucking dark side user, pain is a good thing; pain, suffering, fear, anguish, uncertainty, these are areas in which the darkside pours ever more of itself into you. Hence Ren punching his wound.

Say it with me, maRey Sue is a Mary Sue. That is all.

>>68875116
I'm saying it wasn't a new hope. Fuck, it was worse than Star Trek Into Darkness and that was shitty. Every scene was made so that Rey could prove just how awesome she is. Prove me wrong though, show me one scene in which Rey's not praised or surpasses or ascends. Go ahead, describe a scene in which she's not awesome. And if you post the scenes in which she apparently jobs only to BE EVEN MORE AWESOME WHEN SAVING HERSELF, I will find you and stick my finger in your nose.
>>
>>68873328
It was only good because its competently done sonehow makes it bad

K
>>
>>68870336
I'll be the first to say she can't act, and Rey as a character sucked but Daisy is sexy

Her enormous teeth smile is cute too
>>
>>68875299
Yeah, you're not getting it, either. people really can't reconcile the character of Kylo Ren with what they think a Star Wars villain is supposed to be.

Darth Vader was an imposing figure, strong in the dark side and absolutely sure of himself. He believed in the cause, and it was only when he realized his son was alive that his devotion started to waver. Kylo Ren is a young man who's full of insecurities who only turned to the dark side in the first place because he thought it would make up for his own self-loathing and inferiority complex, but actually hates what he's doing. He's full of self-doubt, and this self doubt fucking explodes when he kills his dad and realizes he fucked up.

We are seeing a villain at the beginning of his development, rather than at the end of it. He's going to grow alongside Rey
>>
>>68875116
And lastly, and I'm not ever pointing this out again, Ren used the most potently powerful force ability ever, two of them in fact. Until maRey Sue WITHOUT ANY FUCKING TRAINING OR ANYTHING, flawlessly surpasses him. Fuck this bitch! Anger clouds my judgement.....must not give into rage.

But yeah, Ren effortlessly beats baboon and buck tooth dirty mouth cockney pissy ms to the edge of a cliff no less. He says, "Force" and the bitch goes, "Oh yeah, the swartz."
>>
>>68875299
Woah, thats almost like how Rey struggled against Kylo, ran half the time, and only lived because the environment separated them.

>>68875316
I already explained this to you, you ignored it and chose to respond to only one sentence of my post instead. I will literally copy and paste this because it is a logical refutation that you're ignoring as if intentionally solely so you can keep shitposting like a fucking child throwing a fit. Yes I realize all those things are true, that doesn't change or refute a thing I said.
>the undeniable fact that he was trying not to kill her. She was also running half the time, got one strike in, then they were separated instead of having a clear victor.
>>
>>68875316
>Prove me wrong though, show me one scene in which Rey's not praised or surpasses or ascends. Go ahead, describe a scene in which she's not awesome.

When she's shown to be delusional when she tells BB-8 about her parents (they'll be back...someday)

she's kind of a bitch when she chases down and beats Finn

when she lets the rathtars out when she cuts the wrong fuses

When she rejects the Force calling to her and runs out into the forest because she's still holding onto her delusion of her parents coming back for her

I mean this is a pointless argument because you're just going to disregard everything I said because you're triggered the hero of star wars is a girl
>>
>>68875377
Yea I get that he's a weak poser and an apprentice but that still makes him stronger in comparison to Rey who has no experience with the Force or lightsaber whatsoever.
>>
>>68875436
There is evidence to support he will disregard this as I brought up the same exact point earlier and he just ignored it.
>>
>>68875391
>Ren used the most potently powerful force ability ever

It's just fucking telekinesis dude. They put it in the movie because it looked cool, just because they didn't have the technology for Vader to do it back in Empire doesn't mean he literally couldn't do it. Stop powerlevel wanking

and seriously, you don't understand that Kylo is in a different place at the end of the movie than he is in the beginning. You know, because he has an actual character arc.
>>
>>68875355
This. I don't get why Hayden or Jake are getting absolutely destroyed by critics when this bland bong whore is universally praised by everyone when she's only slightly better than them and is a Power Rangers tier actress
>>
>>68875547
It's because she's stronk indpendnt womyn.
>>
>>68874926
>You fucking disney shills. EVERY FUCKING HEROINE I've seen, until MS all too perfect Rey, earned their fucking stripes

Rey did earn her stripes, dingus

She grew up on a desert shithole, scavenging parts for food and fighting off alien rapists
>>
>>68875377
Stop being a tool. Because you sound like a fucking tool. Vader was Ouchie, literally ouchie. Remember Ouchie, the fucking Japanese dude who thought it awesome to fuck around with blue rocks?

That's Vader. Only difference is he has something called the Force which keeps him alive. IN fact, were Vader anyone else he would have been dead save for maybe Yoda, but anyone else and he would have died.

Ren's power surpassed VADER. VADER was a glorified bouncer who could do some amazing parlor tricks with boxes and debris. KYLO FUCKING REN COULD USE TELEPATHY TO INTERROGATE YOU, AND FUCKING STOP BOLTS OF ENERGY AND PEOPLE, IN THEIR FUCKING TRACKS. Ren was in love with a weak cyborg. He had surpassed VADER long ago. Maybe when he was a teen he probably was lesser, but the Fucker we saw, would have creamed Vader. Maybe not Sidious though, because that guy was fucking awesome.

>>68875426
Bullshit! Let's say, to be the fool's advocate that he wasn't trying to kill her, fuck that injury bullshit, but let's say he wasn't trying to kill her, IT STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN HOW THE BITCH OUT FORCED PULL HIM. Say it with me, maReySue!

>>68875436
Are you serious? Fuck man, I'm talking about, show her jobbing to REN, or any of her opponents. NOT jar jar's attempt at character development!

>>68875473
BULLSHIT! nice try Disney shill but were it that easy, everyone would have done it, even VADER. In fact, he blocked Han's shot with his mechanical hands! REN STOPPED A BOLT OF ENERGY AND ITS SHOOTER, COLD. Did Vader force freeze Han? No, right? Okay then, Ren's the better of the two. If Vader could have used FORCE TELEPATHIC INTERROGATION, he would not have needed the torture droids to find out the rebel's hidden base location, now would he.

Nice Try, Disney Shill, but we know better.

>>68875597
Yes because growing up in the desert and fighting off desert dindus enables you to take on a special forces defendu trained soldier just because them dindus was fierce.
>>
>>68871179

- t. Disney shill
>>
>>68875748
>Yes because growing up in the desert and fighting off desert dindus enables you to take on a special forces defendu trained soldier just because them dindus was fierce.

And flying speeders around the desert and shooting rats enables you to blow up the Death Star by using the Force to curve-ball a couple of torpedoes into the hatch on the first try

Welcome to Star Wars

The Force makes you good at stuff
>>
File: T16skyhopper_negvv.jpg (406 KB, 1028x1300) Image search: [Google]
T16skyhopper_negvv.jpg
406 KB, 1028x1300
>>68876043
>And flying speeders around the desert and shooting rats

Yea flying skyhoppers with the same controls as an X-Wing and using it's weapons to shoot something that's no bigger than 2m makes you experienced to do something similar.
>>
>>68876123
And working on ships and fighting your entire life makes you experienced to fly ships and fight

Besides, they never show you that craft in ANH anyways, so the audience is left to assume that Luke had never flown anything like a starfighter before
>>
>>68876123
In atmosphere civilian craft isn't even remotely similar to space starfighters

my uncle can fly a biplane reasonably well, I think he'd be completely lost in an F-22
>>
>>68876209
>>68876338

Biggs tells him "T-16s are a lot like the snubfighters we're using." When was the last time you watched ANH?

And how does working on a ship equal flying ability? Luke was able to fly an X-Wing because he owned an skyhopper with the same controls.
>>
>>68876367
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper/Canon
>>
>>68876043
EAT SHIT YOU FUCKING MORON. THE MISSILES WERE BUILT TO GO DOWN THE SHAFT YOU FUCKING ASSWIPE. HE SIMPLY USED THE FORCE TO TIME WHEN TO PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER, HOW IN THE FUCK DID HE USE THE FUCKING FORCE TO PUT HOMING FUCKING MISSILES INTO THE TUBE?

IT'S CALLED, HOMING MISSILES YOU FUCKING CUNT!

you disney shills are really retarded.

>>68876209
yes because fighting with dindus in a desert enables me to go into a the ring against a seasoned mma fighter and job that fucker. and flying a single engine plane enables me to fly the newest F35 just because.
>>
>>68871249
That could make sense.
>>
>>68876367
>Biggs tells him "T-16s are a lot like the snubfighters we're using." When was the last time you watched ANH?

I actually don't remember that scene because I'm not a pleb who watches the special editions
>>
>>68876367

>Luke owns an aircraft
>complains he doesn't have enough time to fly to Tosche Station

Why didn't Uncle Owen give him an hour or so?
>>
>>68876367
>And how does working on a ship equal flying ability? Luke was able to fly an X-Wing because he owned an skyhopper with the same controls.

And Rey worked on the Millennium Falcon, and presumably familiarized herself with the controls

It's also strongly suggested in Star Wars lore that the Skywalker family has a natural aptitude with machines and vehicles, possibly due to the Force
>>
>>68876411
>yes because fighting with dindus in a desert enables me to go into a the ring against a seasoned mma fighter and job that fucker.

Honestly if you shot Mike Tyson in the stomach with a shotgun and he was in the middle of a mental breakdown after killing someone dear to him, you might stand a good chance at beating him in a fistfight
>>
>>68876448
He hasn't finished his chores yet
>>
>>68876456
Yea if you shot Mike Tyson in the SIDE and he has a magical ability which makes pain fuel his strength, then you shouldn't beat him
>>
>>68876456
Don't forget letting another guy do the bulk of the fighting first, and getting wrecked in the process
>>
>You will never lick Rey's sweaty armpits after a long day of scavenging in the desert
Why live?
>>
>>68876456
No, Vader was an open wound, burnt and bleeding, blistered and painful, and yet he was a bad ass. Pain aides dark side users. Always has. But let's take the fools route and say for the sake of argument, his injury hindered him, barring of course the evidence suggest other wise after all, he effortlessly beats baboon and beats Rey all the way to a precipice, but barring all that and assuming the fool's idea that his injury some how weakened him,
DOESN'T explain how maRey Sue out force pulled him. Luke took all of three or four minutes. REN's calling the saber to him, it flies past him into Rey's hands. That's BULLSHIT! Say it with me, maReySue!
>>
>>68876451
>It's also strongly suggested in Star Wars lore that the Skywalker family has a natural aptitude with machines and vehicles, possibly due to the Force

So you're justifying the fact that she's good at flying and machines because she's a Skywalker, which is purely just speculation on your part regardless of any "strong evidence" behind it?
>>
>>68876553
It makes sense

Anakin, Luke, and Rey all grew up around machines, and are proficient at their use
>>
>>68876584
I understand the machines since she is a scavenger. Being good at flying is a completely different skill. Just because you repaired the controls or worked on it, doesn't mean you can perform advanced military manoeuvres with your ship.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>68873035
https://youtu.be/KUMoiU3h750
>>
File: 1390620314029.jpg (14 KB, 180x246) Image search: [Google]
1390620314029.jpg
14 KB, 180x246
Astoundingly unoriginal.

A cold, corporate, assembly line produced with near scientific levels of injection of "nostalgia' without a hint of soul or creative spark.

This "movie" was created by a super computer specifically made to create safest Star Wars movie possible.
>>
Just wish they would portray everyone in the empire beyond just bad and kills for fun because lolbad empire.
>>
>>68876632
The Empire is literally Space Nazis, always has been
>>
>>68873035
The only reason people will remember anything from TFA in 10 years is because there will be at least 3-4 sequels in that time frame. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing worth remembering about it.
>>
File: 1459010234038.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1459010234038.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>68868651
This sums it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w

It's not like Star Wars has ever been without it's flaws, but there's a few glaring plot holes in TFA, Death Star III notwithstanding.

There's stuff in it that's awesome, but overall it's a shit movie that just cashes in on 40 years of a zealous fanbase while tossing away every single bit of added lore post ROTJ. That and if JJ hadn't brought up his SJW ideals, I don't think it would have been as big an issue as it was, but because he made this fucking movie with the intention of forcing some bullshit liberal agenda on everyone, a lot of people called bullshit on it.

Ultimately, it did exactly what it was intended to do. Sold a shitload of toys (even though nobody bought the nigger one), cashed in at the box office, and was a very safe way to start a third trilogy.

That answer your question, nigger?
>>
>>68876704
Seems like they went beyond what the original were.
>>
>>68876704
But even the normiest of normies could feel empathy for nazis if they knew just a little bit of history and how every nation fucked them in the ass. But the Empire is just muh dark side.
>>
>>68876810
It's more accurate to say that the Empire in the OT was more akin to WW1-era Germany, and the First Order is the much more radicalized Third Reich
>>
>>68876552
How old are you, really? Was your first star wars movie the phantom menace? Did midichlorians make you think Star Wars was about power levels? Did you bitch about how Luke went from getting wrekt by Vader in ESB yet was suddenly stronger than him in RotJ despite not doing any additional training with Yoda?

It's almost as if the fights don't exist for their own sake and are externalizations of the conflict between characters and their own arcs, not just a contest for faggots to powerlevel wank over.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
https://youtu.be/kShrb-zSWMI
>>
>>68876810
>>68876881
The Empire are the Nazis -- evil, racist fascists seeking the complete domination of the galaxy. They're monsters, but they're composed, rational monsters with a grand design.

The First Order are Neo Nazi skinheads. They're irrational losers attached to the ideology of their fathers and grandfathers just to feel better about themselves, and their only goal is to kill as many people as possible for not wanting to revive the Empire. All they have going for them is extreme fanaticism.
>>
>>68876960
>They're monsters

Not really.
>>
>>68877060
Well, the Empire as an institution is monstrous. You had average joes doing their jobs like Piett and Needa, sure, but I don't think too many of them had any illusions about what the Empire was.

Compare to the First Order where everyone is a fanatic and the soldiers are literally brainwashed conscripts who are fed propaganda by their psychotic Hitler Jr. commander.
>>
>these people who aren't up for Humanity to rule it all

Scum all of you
>>
>>68876891
Young one...awww shit, kid. It's...look, it was well over a year between the first time Vader and Luke Fought so of course, he trained in all that time. I hate the Force Awakens because I was a young kid when I saw the second movie and a bit older when I saw Return of the Jedi. That was well over 30 years ago. TFA is a princess power Tiara commercial for female consumers to buy the RAT's brand.
>>
>>68877208
It's funny how you can't even drop the /pol/ stuff for even a second

that really shows you're more just angry about the gender and the jews who made the movie than the actual narrative
>>
>>68868651
The thing that bugged me is when Rey at the end fight just gets the force to somehow just becomes better fighter. The force isn't steroids.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>68877208
What is the RAT?
>>
File: john-wick-image-keanu-reeves.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1997) Image search: [Google]
john-wick-image-keanu-reeves.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1997
>>68871076
MULTIPLE WORDS:

ALMOST EVERY OTHER PROTAGONIST IN THE ACTION/ADVENTURE/FANTASY GENRES.

YOU DIPSHITS ONLY EVEN HEARD ABOUT IT BECAUSE MAX LANDIS TURNED IT INTO A MEME. ANYBODY WITH A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF WISH-FULFILLMENT FANTASY AND FAN FICTION WRITING UNDERSTAND HOW EMPTY OF A CRITICISM THAT IS, AND HOW ROOTED THIS CRITICISM IS IN THE PROTAGONIST'S GENDER.

WHEN A MALE PROTAGONIST IS A MARY SUE, THAT'S AWESOME THEY'RE SO BADASS I COULD TOTALLY PICTURE MYSELF DOING THAT!

WHEN A FEMALE PROTAGONIST IS A MARY SUE THAT'S BULLSHIT I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE MYSELF DOING THAT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A VAGINA.
>>
>>68877324
Most call the male Gary stu these days. If you didn't know.
>>
>>68877324
Max Landis probably got it from here.

>ALMOST EVERY OTHER PROTAGONIST IN THE ACTION/ADVENTURE/FANTASY GENRES.

Yea if you only watch Seagal movies. Every protagonist in the previous Star Wars movies either got beaten, lost a limb, etc.
>>
>>68877357
Doesn't matter. It's not like we're actually talking about the actual fan fiction trope anymore. The meme took hold in December. It's all Mary Sue now.
>>
>>68877267
Its called "The Force Awakens"
>>
>>68869367
Fuck off /pol/. Get off your computer and get a real woman in your life
>>
mary sue.

never once was in a situation she wasnt 100% in control of
great at everything
beat up every single person who threatened her
she's literal god with plot armor +1

oh and she's a woman so you better not say negative stuff, otherwise you're a sexist pig.
>>
>>68877262
/pol/? This generation and your safe spots. Every fucking critique is either /pol/ or reddit or something with you people. Can't it just be some one calling bullshit, BULLSHIT?

>>68877304
Mickey Mouse is A fucking rat.
>>
I think its better than Return of the Jedi to be honest.

There was things I disliked but generally it was pretty positive
>>
File: The-Matrix.jpg (72 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
The-Matrix.jpg
72 KB, 620x375
>>68877430
>Yea if you only watch Seagal movies.
Or basically any actor vehicle movie ever. Any fantasy movie ever. Any movie where a character is a "The One" type. If Mary Sue was a spectrum disorder, they're all on it.
>Every protagonist in the previous Star Wars movies either got beaten, lost a limb, etc
IN THEIR SECOND MOVIES.
In ANH, Luke, an audience surrogate for nerdy space fantasy dorks, gets roughed up a little in the first act before embarking on a fantastical adventure where he, a lowly moisture farmer, saves the princess and uses space magic to destroy a fucking DEATH STAR. At the end the qt space princess even gives him a medal while the entire galaxy applauds.

TPH: Baby Anakin built C3PO, was the only human to even SURVIVE a pod race, much less win one, and in spite of having never flown a ship before in his life he, a lowly 8-year-old slave, destroys the plot donut deathstar surrogate at the end and the qt space princess gives him a medal while the entire galaxy applauds.

Mary sue as fuck.
>>
>>68877324

Even Master Chief from Halo is flawed and broken

The Greeks knew this when they drafted the gods, the Illiad, the Aeneid. Even the OYVEYs with Samson. Wish fulfillment without realistic sacrifice means a lack of drama.

John Wick had to either be a lonely autist or a grown man who lost everything to be the badass he needed to be.
>>
>>68868651

>Is it just because it has a female protagonist

Yeah that's why and you're morally superior so feel great about yourself as you fuck off back to le leddit
>>
>>68877580
>never once was in a situation she wasnt 100% in control of

So you didn't actually watch the movie, then?
>>
>>68877484
I'm a fag, women are literally the worst at everything except child birth. But they'll probably only hold the top spot for another couple decades.
>>
>>68877656

Luke gets his shit kicked in throughout the whole first movie. Vader would have killed him if not for Han. And what he did COULD have been a coincidence, which is the cool thing about it.

Rey had none of that.
>>
>>68877656
>TPH: Baby Anakin built C3PO, was the only human to even SURVIVE a pod race, much less win one, and in spite of having never flown a ship before in his life he, a lowly 8-year-old slave, destroys the plot donut deathstar surrogate at the end and the qt space princess gives him a medal while the entire galaxy applauds.

You left out the part about his VIRGIN BIRTH
>>
>>68877727
Rey gets captured for being a dumbass, and would have been screwed if Finn and Han didn't come to her rescue

Rey gets force-pushed into a tree and knocked unconscious, and would have been screwed if Finn didn't take up the saber and keep Kylo occupied until she woke up
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x368
>>
>>68877669
>Even Master Chief from Halo is flawed and broken
Not really in Combat: Evolved he isn't. They didn't even get into characterizing him at all until Halo 2 and 3.

And this whole argument conveniently ignores the fact that we are blatantly shown a Rey character that is "flawed and broken." She's been sitting on this desert planet obsessively waiting for her family to return to the point of outright delusion. She struggles way more with her call to adventure than fucking Master Chief ever did. She struggles more than fucking King Arthur ever did. You're just ignoring the entire second act of the movie because it doesn't fit with your criticism.
>>68877727
>Luke gets his shit kicked in throughout the whole first movie.
Noo he fucking doesn't. He gets mugged by space muslims, then a kindly space monk takes him in conveniently and trains him, and he JUST HAPPENS to have amazing space magic powers, because it's a fucking wish fulfillment movie for nerds.
> Vader would have killed him if not for Han.
But he didn't. Because of the powers of Mary Sue friendship. Everyone likes Mary Sue.

>>68877732
AND I FORGOT ABOUT THE PART ABOUT HIS VIRGIN BIRTH!
>>
>>68868651
it didnt bring enough spark, there was nothing too exciting at all really. rian will fix that.
>>
Face it, if Rey was a boy, no one would have complained

If Luke or Anakin were girls, we'd be hearing the same complaints
>>
>>68877831

No she wasn't, she got out all on her own. Kylo was about to win, until she suddenly knew how
to use a lightsaber because Mary Sue.

>>68877870

>Noo he fucking doesn't. He gets mugged by space muslims, then a kindly space monk takes him in conveniently and trains him, and he JUST HAPPENS to have amazing space magic powers, because it's a fucking wish fulfillment movie for nerds.

He gets mugged by Space Muslims AND nearly killed by criminals in the bar AND nearly killed by a trash monster AND nearly crushed by a trash compactor AND nearly killed by Vader. He doesn't do anything in the movie that necessarily requires space magic. That's the cool thing about the end. Rey is never once in that sort of danger because she's automatically good at everything.

His relationship with Han is built up throughout the movie and is in fact the primary focus of the movie. Han's reasons for coming back are perfectly understandable. He kind of likes a kid he met because they went through some shit together and he wants to fuck a princess.

This 'nuh uh' shit is cute, but stick to subjects where you have some sort of basic clue what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>68878261

WAH MUH SEXISM

Back to tumblr, landwhale
>>
>>68878272
>No she wasn't, she got out all on her own.

How was she going to get off the planet?
>>
>>68872495
>On the bridge, Kylo Ren says he's being "torn apart"

But that part wasn't on a ship
>>
>>68878272
Rey gets mugged by Space muslims AND nearly killed by Tie fighters attacking her home AND nearly killed by Southeast asians AND nearly killed by Scotsmen AND nearly killed by Cthulu monsters AND nearly killed by Tie fighters attacking lady Yoda's bar AND gets knocked out and kidnapped AND gets tortured for a while AND thrown a hundred yards into a tree AND almost killed by an edgy space wizard AND almost dies on an exploding space planet.

What's your point mate? It's fantasy. They're supposed to AND nearly die all the time. They never actually do thought. (that's the secret ;0)
> Rey is never once in that sort of danger
In constant danger the second she meets BB-8. Nice meme though.
>This 'nuh uh' shit is cute
I was gonna say the same to you.
>but stick to subjects where you have some sort of basic clue what the fuck you're talking about.
I was gonna say the same to you. Isn't life funny like that!
>>
>>68878429

The planet that Brendan Gleason's son was exploding? I don't know man, I've only seen the movie once and I took a piss during that scene because I was fucking bored. A character who can do everything and never has to try isn't very entertaining. Especially when she's not a good actress or hot. I missed the part where Kylo Ren gets shot.

I was talking about out of the prison or whatever. The fact that she needs a lift isn't a weakness or vulnerability.
>>
>>68878524
>A character who can do everything and never has to try isn't very entertaining.

I agree, Star Wars protagonists aren't very entertaining, which is why it's always the supporting characters that are the coolest
>>
>>68878486

She doesn't get nearly killed by any of those things. She effortlessly overcomes them. Luke gets his ass knocked out, almost drowned, and was seconds from being exploded.

The moment she beat up three guys on her own rather than fighting hard before Finn came in to even the odds like she would in a decent script I knew what kind of movie this was going to be.

I really don't fit into this narrative you've got here, man. She's a shitty character. I went in really wanting to like this movie, and not expecting much from it. I'm baffled by the little things the script failed to do that would have made it work on the basic level of a big dumb space adventure.

>I was going to say the same thing to you

Because your argument boils down to 'nuh-uh.
>>
>>68878261
no because hayden christensen gets his arm lopped off in his first movie

luke gets choked out by a sewer monster and is left for dead. han calls him a faggot half the movie

rey doesnt even get hurt from the force push into a tree and falling almost almost 30 feet
>>
>>68868651
Bad actors (Daisy and JB), bad storyline, the worst pacing in any movie I've ever seen
>>
>>68878630

Rey is the first protagonist who has been like that. Even Anakin wasn't this bad. Although the prequels are much worse than episode 7, that is definitely true.
>>
>>68878631
> was seconds from being exploded.
REY WAS LITERALLY EXPLODED.
>Because your argument boils down to 'nuh-uh.
No yours does.
>>
>>68878634

He's just defending his shit waifu man, go easy on him.
>>
File: tim pfft.gif (425 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
tim pfft.gif
425 KB, 320x180
>>68878660
>worst pacing
>>
>>68878690

>REY WAS LITERALLY EXPLODED

And survived without a scratch. Great job pointing out why she's boring.

>no yours does

Are you trolling? Decent bait I guess.
>>
>>68878634
>no because hayden christensen gets his arm lopped off in his first movie
How convenient you mention the actor, not the character.
>>
>>68878660

It's not that bad. I don't like it either, but as a cohesive whole it's better than Jedi or any of the prequels. Not saying much, but at least it got there.
>>
File: 1461176437371.jpg (332 KB, 1126x1096) Image search: [Google]
1461176437371.jpg
332 KB, 1126x1096
>>68878771
>cohesive whole it's better than Jedi or any of the prequels.
>>
>>68868651
For me, I didn't like it for two main reasons:

1.) The fact that it's an almost 1-1 retelling of ANH. There's R2-D2, there's Luke, there's Vader, etc.

2.) The protagonists: Rey has no real motivation, flaws, or struggle. Finn was a interesting premise for a character arc, but it was rushed to make room for Rey.

It's miles ahead of the prequels but still a 7/10 at best. I'm the only one of my group of friends who didn't like this movie and it's extremely frustrating having everyone tell you you're wrong.
>>
Was Rey a virgin? Did Finn plow her with his BBC?
>>
>>68878823

As a cohesive whole. Jedi is put together horribly. The first half of Jedi is like the end of some other movie. There's nothing in TFA that's as good as the high points of Jedi though.
>>
>>68878754
yea you expect them to do anything to an 8 9 or 10 year old regardless of gender? it wasnt a kids movie? you want to continue shitposting?
>>
>>68878847

He's gonna be gay for Po Dameron, because that's what audiences give a fuck about
>>
>>68878919

I think he was baiting. He did okay, desu.
>>
>>68878823

Oh shit, I just noticed you implied the first and third of the prequels deserve a positive reaction. Get in the fucking oven you pleb faggot
>>
>>68878737
You're literally just negating things in the movie because they don't fit. And you're not even arguing the point. They're all Mary Sues. All of them. They're all on the spectrum, and you're trying to nitpick and dismiss all of the actual drama and conflict the character goes through because they apparently didn't die at the end. Sorry to break it to you, but they're never going to die in the end. They're never going to go into hypovolemic shock when they get exploded, they're never going to deal with acute stress reactions from murdering folk, they're never going to get PTSD from almost dying a lot.

Luke is a Mary Sue that was tailored to be like a nerdy 70's sci-fi geek to act as an audience surrogate introduction into this fantastic world. We don't need that anymore. He already did that. Rey is where Luke was after he stopped being quite so useless, to the benefit of the general story. It's a character that is established as ALREADY HAVING LEARNED STUFF. (And if she was a Luke clone I'd be more than willing to bet you'd just be whining about that). You came here to know what you're talking about and shitpost, and you're all out of knowing what you're talking about.

>Are you trolling? Decent bait I guess.
I don't need to ask you that because you're just a clone of a clone of a parrot of a person that had these ideas in mid-december. You're not bringing anything new to the table.
>>
>>68878674
>Rey is the first protagonist who has been like that.

Not really

Luke was a know-nothing country bumpkin in ANH, and Anakin was a child with no personality in TPM
>>
>>68878919
The character is an 11/10 Mary Sue in his first movie. He chose to ignore that and pretend the first movie didn't happen to make your point. There is no greater Mary Sue in the history of the genre than Anakin Skywalker in his first episode. The fact that Lucas went belligerent as fuck with the second episode pottery will never change that.
>>
File: 1460599418337.webm (2 MB, 1216x520) Image search: [Google]
1460599418337.webm
2 MB, 1216x520
>>68878630
>>68879065
>Luke
>doing everything
>never having to try

Confirmed for not actually watching Star Wars.
>>
>>68879200
>"Do, or do not! There is no try!"
>>
File: 1458913535851.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458913535851.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>68879213
Luke failed either way.
>>
>>68879120
I don't know if a character can be a Mary Sue when we know from the get go that they are going to fuck up in a massive way.
>>
>>68879050

>Rey is where Luke is after he stopped being quite so useless

You can't do that without character development. I realize the characters aren't going to die at the end, but the major difference here is that there's never any sense that Rey is in actual danger, whereas there are several situations in which Luke just about dies.

Rey doesn't go through any drama or conflict. She's a shitty heroine who defeats an equally shitty, in fact laughable, villain. She gets magic powers out of nowhere. The one magical thing Luke does is established earlier and it's possible there's nothing supernatural about it at all. She's certainly not established as knowing stuff, except maybe how to scavenge. And that part of her character also makes no sense, because she has one problem that could be resolved by selling an appliance she doesn't like, which she doesn't do, apparently just because girls like cute things or some condescending garbage.

Now you're edging ever closer to doing this bizarre shit people do now but particularly with this movie where you're implying that I should somehow not view each and every film as a self-contained story, but in the context either of the wider 'universe' or in the context of some hypothetical future film.
>>
>>68879288
Perhaps rewatch TPM then. Textbook definition m8.
>>68879308
>You can't do that without character development.
You're right. Good thing there was. tl;dr for the rest of it :)
>>
>>68879327

>THERE WAS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

You're really sticking to the intellectual integrity of your 'nuh-uh' method.
>>
>>68879288
>I don't know if a character can be a Mary Sue when we know from the get go that they are going to fuck up in a massive way.

How do we know that Rey isn't going to massively fuck up in Ep. 8 or 9?
>>
>>68879327

I don't want to defend the prequels because I hate them, but Obi Wan never really seems to like Anakin in any of those movies.

Those fucking movies, Jesus Christ
>>
>>68879360
We don't. But if we did know that she was, then she would not be a Mary Sue. But we don't know, so at the moment, she is.
>>
>>68879360

I think they're too concerned with pandering to the feminists to do that, honestly. Apparently characters that behave like actual humans are sexist.
>>
>>68879358
>You're really sticking to the intellectual integrity of your 'nuh-uh' method.
no u r ;0

We already had these conversations in early January. The Blu-Ray is out now. There's no excuse for you to still think there was no character development. There's no point in entertaining someone that is clearly demonstrating that they are just parroting shit that the cool kids said 4 months ago.
>>
>>68879396
>But if we did know that she was, then she would not be a Mary Sue

So you're saying that if the prequel trilogy was made before the OT, then Anakin wouldn't be a Mary Sue, but since it wasn't, he isn't?

Anti-TFA posters are really employing some twisted fucking logic here
>>
>>68879443

I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. A movie coming out on home video doesn't do anything to alter the essential problems with the script.

Everytime I've seen one of you faggots in one of these threads, they've got as BTFO as you are now. Sorry, I didn't know my opinion had been dismissed by academic plebittor consensus though, I'll bow my head and walk away
>>
>>68879496
>Everytime I've seen one of you faggots in one of these threads, they've got as BTFO as you are now.

But we always win, because prequel apologists are retards
>>
>>68879455
I'm saying that Anakin's fall from grace is what makes him not a Sue.

You can have a character be a Sue until something happens that makes them not one, and the change is retroactive.

If Rey has a similar grand failing, she would no longer be (and retroactively not be) a Sue. But at the moment, she is.

It's complicated because we're dealing with individual movies AND pieces of a larger story at the same time.
>>
>>68879526

>prequel apologists

The fuck are you talking about? That shit is cancer. Way worse than TFA. TFA is just a poorly written script that misses simple marks in such baffling ways I couldn't wrap my head around why.
>>
>>68871768
What an awful looking armor with stupid buttons and big as fuck rectangular electronic boxes.

What an awful, awful shitty and stupid design.

Why hasn't it been revamped in the most recent movies (Episode 3) like they revamped the ridiculous body tights of the super-heroes?
>>
>>68879443
>There's no excuse for you to still think there was no character development.
The fact that she has none is a pretty good excuse.
>>
File: welll...bye.webm (105 KB, 526x220) Image search: [Google]
welll...bye.webm
105 KB, 526x220
>>68879496
>
I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. A movie coming out on home video doesn't do anything to alter the essential problems with the script.
There aren't really any problems with the script. Not to mention our old friend mise en scene. We learn more about Rey's wants needs and desires from the unspoken first sequence in the first act than we ever learn about some characters in an entire movie. You're making an argument from ignorance, demanding that people hold your hand to show you how filmmaking works, so that you can inevitably reject it because nuh uh. You're boring. Watch the movie again, or don't.
>Everytime I've seen one of you faggots in one of these threads, they've got as BTFO as you are now.
Hey whatever you need to feel smart. I'll be your huckleberry.
>Sorry, I didn't know my opinion had been dismissed by academic plebittor consensus though, I'll bow my head and walk away
pic related
>>
>>68879569
>I'm saying that Anakin's fall from grace is what makes him not a Sue.

And I'm saying that his virgin birth, ability to podrace at age 8, blowing up a space station on accident, and having a cute space jew on his prepubescent dick are what makes him one

His fall from grace just turns him from Mary Sue to DeviantArt OC
>>
>>68879601

Well, her character IS essentially established in the beginning. But that doesn't inform any of the things she knows how to do or learns how to do over the course of the movie.

So it is established on an essential level, but not developed, no.
>>
>>68879640
Those are all mean to be the high before the fall.

If TPM was a stand-alone movie, he absolutely would be a massive Mary Sue. But it's not.
>>
>>68879681
>If TPM was a stand-alone movie, he absolutely would be a massive Mary Sue. But it's not.

So you're saying that if Rey gets her ass kicked or falls from grace in ep. 8 or 9, she will cease to be a mary sue by your logic?
>>
>>68879641
>But that doesn't inform any of the things she knows how to do or learns how to do over the course of the movie.
We know why she knows everything she does from the unspoken parts of the first act and the dialogue she has with Han. The only things that aren't explicitly made clear that explain why she knows what she knows is her innate force abilities. But she does live right next to the Church of the Force, and we do see Kylo accidentally trigger her "awakening," so that's not exactly the hardest thing to wrap the mind around.
>>
>>68879621

>muh logical fallacy

Jesus Christ, you are a plebbitor. That's not even what an argument from ignorance is.

I actually agree that we learn a lot about Rey in the beginning. I liked those parts. But then she doesn't sell BB-8 and beats up three guys on her own and proceeds to ignore all of the things that were established about her then for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>68879704
Yes.
>>
>>68879707

>awakening
>innate force abilities

This is the shit I hate about modern Star Wars fans. None of that shit is established in the movie. Luke does one possibly magical thing in ANH, and it's explicitly established in an earlier scene and could have been a coincidence.
>>
>>68879715
Well, if I know my Star Wars, the bitch is totally losing a hand in her next movie
>>
>>68879759
The Force being something that is latent inside of someone, waiting to be tapped, is how it works in everything but the Prequels, where the Force becomes Shounen power-level garbage
>>
>>68869302
X BD when?
>>
>>68869853
Not really.
>>
>>68879903

In the first two movies, there's not much reason to believe anyone can't use it, especially the way Obi-Wan describes it. It's never put across like that.

If it's going to be that way in TFA, you need to establish that.
>>
>>68875377
>grow alongside Rey
what development could rey gave, she already is a master of the force and already defeated her asversary. is she gonna just beat him again?
>>
>>68879997
>what development could rey gave, she already is a master of the force and already defeated her asversary

So you didn't actually watch the movie? The fight ends without a conclusion, and Rey didn't master the Force
>>
File: Reegesk (aka Rodent).jpg (8 KB, 268x225) Image search: [Google]
Reegesk (aka Rodent).jpg
8 KB, 268x225
>>68870354
>2 wookies

where!?
>>
>>68879713

>That's not even what an argument from ignorance is.
It is EXACTLY what an argument from ignorance is. Saying shit like
>You can't do that without character development.
Is forcing the person you're speaking to to have to go back and explain to you what character development is and where it can be found in the motion picture.
> But then she doesn't sell BB-8
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT THE CHARACTER? WHY WOULDN'T SHE TAKE ALL THE FOOD IF THE ENTIRE OPENING SEQUENCE ONLY GAVE HER A HALF MEAL PORTION? THAT'S OBVIOUSLY A BIG PAYMENT, WHY WOULD SHE FAVOR THIS FRIENDLY DROID THAT HAS TAKEN TO HER OVER BEING ABLE TO EAT COMFORTABLY FOR MONTHS? HOW DOES MOVIES WORK?
>and beats up three guys on her own
WHAT IS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT? HOW HAS THIS SMALL HUMANOID MANAGED TO SURVIVE ON THIS HOSTILE PLANET FOR SO LONG? OH I GUESS ITS BECAUSE SHE CAN HIT CLUMSY FUCKING ALIENS WITH A STICK.
>proceeds to ignore all of the things that were established about her then for the rest of the movie.
Begging the question m8. How exactly does she "ignore all the things that were established?" We see that she's lonely and alone. She suddenly and reluctantly makes a new friend when BB-8 latches onto her. She reluctantly bonds with that friend, eventually even turning down a deal and a half to protect that friend, her relationship with that friend gets her reluctantly entangled with another, equally lonely friend, and from there they get swept up in a fantasy adventure.

It's honestly one of the most perfectly written rapid-fire fantasy first acts ever. It's too well written. It's too streamlined. I understand the criticisms that it feels too "manufactured" or whatever. But I have little tolerance for people that attempt to make arguments that it's "poorly written." That to me only highlights how little the speaker understands about the basic facets of screenwriting. Read that shit with a metronome it's so tight.
>>
>>68879997

I like what they were trying to do with Kylo Ren quite a lot, but you need a serious, imposing villain in your big dumb space adventure film. He should have been a supporting villain at best.

Oh I'm sorry, I was shaking in my boots every time Domhnall Gleason was leprechauning around I take it back
>>
I enjoyed it. I just wish Rey wasn't such a mary sue and the movie didn't feel like a remake. Star wars has so much potential and then we get this 6/10 at best film that feels like it was made purely to pull in the biggest audience possible to sell more crap.
>>
File: fucking wot.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
fucking wot.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>>68879997
>what development could rey gave
>asversary
>>
>>68880054

She doesn't even like BB-8 the scene before she won't sell him, and he's just an appliance.

I'm shocked you can type with Abrams cock in your throat.

>WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT THE CHARACTER

That she's fucking stupid?

>SHE CAN HIT CLUMSY FUCKING ALIENS WITH A STICK

No one can fight three guys and win. Would have been a great time to have Finn come even the odds and forge the relationship between the two characters. But muh feminism.

>we see that she's lonely and alone

She seems perfectly happy on her own, I can't imagine what the fuck people are talking about. She's staying there because she's waiting for whoever left her. Doesn't translate to being lonely.
>>
>>68880054

Argument from ignorance is claiming a thing is true because it hasn't yet been proven false. Once again, you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>68880208
>She doesn't even like BB-8 the scene before she won't sell him, and he's just an appliance.

Or maybe Rey suspects that something is up when the guy who is usually stingy with her rations offers her a bunch
>>
>>68880149
>I was almost forced to face the fact that my post was shit, but I've noticed you made a small error in posting. Haha.

He's obviously a foreigner. No need to shitpost him just because your waifu is literal garbage.
>>
>>68880274

Why would she fucking care? Food is the one thing we see that she needs. Why would this character give a fuck what an alien is going to do with a toaster? How does it affect her? That's Rey's character; the lone wolf scavenger who looks out for number one. Great. So why miss out on a win-win opportunity to keep an appliance you don't need?
>>
>>68873511
>The Maul fight is pretty much the definition of video game shit because it's sterile and obviously choreographed fake fighting with absolutely nothing going on between the characters.
Your senses have been dulled by video games and cartoons

get some pills or something, you are suffering from deep depression/retardation if you don't sense anything from that fight. It's full of aggressive tension.
>>
>>68880345

>it's full of agressive tension
>this is what underage faggots actually believe

It's full of soulless, nonsensical choreography.
>>
File: sallyannetest.gif (39 KB, 308x440) Image search: [Google]
sallyannetest.gif
39 KB, 308x440
>>68880208
>She doesn't even like BB-8 the scene before she won't sell him, and he's just an appliance.
In your opinion, would Sally look for the ball in the basket, or the box?
>That she's fucking stupid?
No that's a good guess but the answer we were looking for was that the protagonist is empathetic, and even feels empathy with this friendly droid. For bonus points you might have included that, in spite of her guarded exterior, when push comes to shove she is a good person that wouldn't literally sell-out people or even "appliances" that trust her. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to deduct points, and you know you're not supposed to call people stupid.
>She seems perfectly happy on her own
No but seriously are you autistic?
>I can't imagine what the fuck people are talking about
Do you feel this way often?
>She's staying there because she's waiting for whoever left her.
Yes that's right. You remembered that part.
>Doesn't translate to being lonely.
That's understandable that you wouldn't "translate" that part. Just remember that you have Autism Spectrum Disorder, but Autism Spectrum Disorder will never have you.

>>68880266
Asseting a position is true: There is no character development.
>because it hasn't yet been proven false: Having to go back and prove that there was character development.

Where do you think Sally will look for the ball?
>>
To enter it into record, I never said Rey didn't have any character development, either. She has a character and an arc, even though that arc has nothing to do with her established character.

The Plebbitor waifufag said she's like Luke when he started being less useless, and I pointed out that she hasn't been developed into that.
>>
>>68880029
she knocked rens light saber out his hand, burned off his face and have him kneeling at her mercy. this is not a cocnlusion??
>>
>>68880381
You're senses are just dulled and you don't have an eye for movement

you need over the top hackneyed portayals of evil like Kylo Ren with the mentality of a school shooter, all sublty is lost on you. Same goes for your poor taste in choreography. You literally mistake banality for depth and haven't grown out of your ironic manchild phase yet.
>>
>>68880436
In the box. What's so hard about this?
>>
File: this a trap?.jpg (18 KB, 193x262) Image search: [Google]
this a trap?.jpg
18 KB, 193x262
>>68880450
>The Plebbitor waifufag said she's like Luke when he started being less useless, and I pointed out that she hasn't been developed into that.
Not sure who you're talking to, but you do understand that protagonists don't HAVE to start as know-nothing dipshits. We don't HAVE to join a characters journey at the very beginning. We can use things like "exposition" to fill in the blanks, so to say, between them being a clueless goof like Luke and a capable but lost orphan like Rey.

>>68880560
pic related. don't tease me like that.
>>
>>68880436

At no point did I claim that she had no character development because it hadn't proven that she did. I know you retards love your 'MUH LOGICAL FALLACY' but at least try to understand what the fuck they mean.

I never actually even claimed she had no character development either. Remember we're anons here and don't pay to get Stars of David or whatever the fuck you do on Reddit, not every post that disparages your fair lady was made by the same person.

>the protagonist is empathetic

Even assuming she cares about the droid's well-being for some stupid reason, exactly why would she assume that being owned by the alien would be better than being owned by her? Especially since the droid would probably have access to more of whatever its wants or needs are with the alien.

She does seem perfectly happy on her own, apart from being hungry. She has a great time sliding down dunes, she seems to have some sort of relationship with some of the locals, and she gets along but doesn't have quite enough. And then fails to rectify that when she has the opportunity. You're imprinting a lot of shit onto her character that isn't there in the script.

Oh I get it, whenever you realized you had no argument you just called me an autist. That's cute.
>>
File: DR TOPKEK.png (351 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
DR TOPKEK.png
351 KB, 474x503
>>68880560
>>
>>68880605

I agree. I'm willing to accept she's capable at certain things. Just not everything.
>>
>>68880520

I hate Kylo Ren, but their fight is much better than the prequels.
>>
>>68880744

Well that's not fair, I don't hate Kylo Ren. I think he's an interesting idea, just not as the main villain. That shit is comical.
>>
>>68880681

*why would she assume that being owned by the alien wouldn't be better than being owned by her
>>
>>68880681
>Remember we're anons here and don't pay to get Stars of David or whatever the fuck you do on Reddit,
You seem pretty obsessed with that place you're pretending to not be from.
>Even assuming she cares about the droid's well-being for some stupid reason
Which we are, because the movie explicitly established that.
>She has a great time sliding down dunes
Literally doing her job. No visible enjoyment.
>, she seems to have some sort of relationship with some of the locals
They fucking bark at her and shoot her mean glances WHEN SHE SADLY LOOKS AT AN OLD ALIEN VERSION OF HERSELF. SHE'S GENERALLY CONTENT BUT CERTAINLY AWARE OF WHERE HER LIFE IS HEADED.
> exactly why would she assume that being owned by the alien would be better than being owned by her?
Because, as is clearly established in that entire sequence and later in her dialogue with Han, that alien is a stupid asshole. We already know at that point that he is cheap and exploitative and rude from their first interaction. Setup and Payoff brah.
>You're imprinting a lot of shit onto her character that isn't there in the script.
You're ignoring the entire fucking story that literally is there in the script.
>Rey glances up: she looks at an old woman, also cleaning
some salvage.
>Rey watches her, gets lost in the simple moment.
>Though disappointed, Rey barely shows it.
>She swallows her resentment and heads off.
>Rey's lonely, ramshackle dwelling. Everything reclaimed.
She cooks for one. Does everything for one.
>She heads off again. Finally he BEEPS to her -- something
SWEET this time. That he is alone, scared, has no one else.
This makes her stop. She turns and looks at him. Not liking
him. But a gesture of her head says, reluctantly, "Come
on." BB-8 quickly moves to her. They head off together.
>She looks at Unkar. Looks down at BB-8. Considers it all.
Finally, she hears herself say:
REY
Actually... the droid's not for sale.
>>
>>68880681
>Oh I get it, whenever you realized you had no argument you just called me an autist. That's cute.
And I only called you autist because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not retarded. That shit couldn't be any more clear. This is that argument from ignorance shit we're talking about. You're pretending like you not remembering or processing basic clearly-laid-out aspects of the movie is the movie's fault. Rewatch the fucking thing dingus.
>>
File: confirmed for autism.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
confirmed for autism.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>68880560
>>
File: 1460153251088.gif (1014 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460153251088.gif
1014 KB, 480x270
>>68877324

Um....what? Looks like someone's fucking triggered. I fucking hate cunts like you. Rey was a fucking bitch cunt mary sue. Get over it
>>
File: 1387415823308.gif (1 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1387415823308.gif
1 MB, 250x187
If Rey gets wrecked in Episode 8 (or at least is unable to win decisively), I'll be happy. The second episode of any Star Wars trilogy is usually the one where the bad guys end up on top and the protagonist gets a hand cut off.

We NEED to see Rey lose. And badly. Maybe Snoke can effortlessly toss her around with the force (assuming he's Darth Plagueis or whoever).
>>
>>68871249
>the entire family except the little girl died.
nigga ; - ;
>>
File: muffled keks.gif (492 KB, 176x216) Image search: [Google]
muffled keks.gif
492 KB, 176x216
>>68881285
fucking kek.
> I fucking hate cunts like you. Rey was a fucking bitch cunt mary sue. Get over it
were you trying to prove the point on this one, or did you just stumble into it?
>>
>>68881285
>I fucking hate cunts like you. Rey was a fucking bitch cunt mary sue.
>Looks like someone's fucking triggered.
pic related
>>
>>68881308
I like how you go from explicitly spelling out the formula of the movies and then saying how much you NEED exactly what always happens as if you're really saying anything at all. The protagonist wins in the first movie, they get beat down in the second and then they win again in the third.
>>
Implying people knew the protagonist was gonna be a female

People now a days are sheep so everyone wants to feel included in whatever the new hip thing is. I work at Walmart as a cashier and before the movie came out to the point where it wasn't in theatres anymore people were buying shirts and toys and whatever had any star wars bullshit strapped to it. It was aot of retards trying to be cool to get attention. They had no clue about what they were buying, they just did it cause it was the "in" thing to do

I feel sorry for the people who need to get attention any way they can. Fucking losers
>>
File: johnoliver.jpg (23 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
johnoliver.jpg
23 KB, 600x300
254 posts and no glib facsimile.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.