[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The incompetence of the American military >Blind Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: world-war-z1.jpg (205 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
world-war-z1.jpg
205 KB, 600x923
>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>Is North Korea in a tunnel just hiding out or are they all zombies???????? It's like some kinda Schrodinger's cat of asians, so cool
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Glad this was never properly adapted cause it would expose Brooks as the hack he is.

Dare someone to defend the movie or the book
>>
>>68865770
the book was very north american biased. what it describes is ewhat most third worlds deal with
>>
>>68865770
I really liked it, but the stereotype Brits and hikkikomori Japanese were stupid, so were the zombie quislings
>>
>>68866061
>>68865856
>>68865770

The same exact 3 first replies every goddamn thread.

Fuck off already. The book was a good read and had some interesting ideas.
>>
>>68865770
Well yeah, Max Brooks is terrible. His head-canon of zombies is that they're literally perpetual motion devices
>>
>>68865770

how does the book compare to "Plague of the dead the mourning star strain" ?

that is my favorite zombie novel trilogy of all time

also saw the movie

expecting the worse

turned passable by todays standards
>>
>>68866232
well ya, because max brooks say that in wwz about zombie survival handguide, nigga. he's admitted his books are based off stereotypes.

op is the biggest idiot, thinking tha tisreal would collapse to a zombie attack EASILY since they are in an active state of war.

a zombie outbreak during a war is something max brooks talks about, which no movie has really done.
>>
>>68866521
What's that?
>>
>>68865770
Sir, it's a zombie book. It's not supposed to be realistic. Do you expect a book about zombies to be realistic?
>>
The book is best in audiobook form. It has a complete ensemble cast, with each chapter/character read by a different person. Just make sure to get the lost chapters as well, otherwise it is an abridged version.
>>
>>68866989
> Listening to audio book
> interesting shit about to get real
> it just ends
> moves onto next story
fuck that noise
>>
>>68867069
It doesn't cut chapters short, the abridged version just left some chapters out. Most are only vaguely related to each other anyhow.
>>
File: 1364054164056.jpg (48 KB, 386x291) Image search: [Google]
1364054164056.jpg
48 KB, 386x291
>>68865770

Brad Pitt pls go
>>
>>68867278
It was really bad though.
>>
>>68867278
Can't I just like neither?
>>
File: 1461253326308.jpg (375 KB, 920x1197) Image search: [Google]
1461253326308.jpg
375 KB, 920x1197
>>68865770
I thought it was a very solid read, the movie stood fairly well on it's own as an action flick, but compared to the book it's pretty lackluster.

I agree that the feral kids and brainwashed humans or whatever are really fucking stupid- i didn't like the idea and all and tried to just pretend the book didn't mention them.

I feel that the stronger parts of the book are the beginning up to around the end of the submarine and ocean shanty town. That was my favorite part.
>>
>>68866709

its a really good zombie novel

written by an actual military vet

starts in the mild east and spreads

and a group of soldiers have to trek on foot , car, boat

to find a cure

all while battling a coup by a CIA agent for control for the united states government

and a crazy amount of zombies
>>
>>68867512
>I agree that the feral kids and brainwashed humans or whatever are really fucking stupid- i didn't like the idea and all and tried to just pretend the book didn't mention them.

Finally. Somebody else understands. Feral children are literally only there because they existed in World War 2, and Brooks wants as many war references as possible.
>>
>>68866943

Clearly you haven't read the book. The whole point of WWZ is to depict a zombie pandemic realistically. And it does a fairly good job.
>>
File: 1461270519540.jpg (548 KB, 740x997) Image search: [Google]
1461270519540.jpg
548 KB, 740x997
>>68867635
To be fair, it's not that realistic with the zombie biology- it's just Romero-style living dead, not some pathogen or whatever 28 Days Later used.

If i remember correctly, the book tended to avoid discussing the zombies themselves at all, just focusing on how it affected society as a whole.
>>
>>68867698
>it's just Romero-style living dead

Except a pathogen is established in Zombie Survival Guide - solanum
>>
>>68867698

I think you're right. It didn't get much into zombie biology. But I thought the reaction of governments and populations to the zombies seemed rooted in reality..
>>
I liked this when I was a teen.

I haven't touched it in years.

If you shot a zombie in the gut, wouldn't it exsanguinate?
>>
>>68865770
old pasta
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.