[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this masterpiece so terribly underappreciated? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: EPI.jpg (2 MB, 4480x1142) Image search: [Google]
EPI.jpg
2 MB, 4480x1142
Why is this masterpiece so terribly underappreciated? It's a beautiful exercise in cinematic poetry, and the foundation of the greatest Shakespearean tragedy of the last 4 centuries. Was the political intrigue too much for the average ADHD-riddled movie goer to follow? Was the childhood innocence that permeates the film to accent Anakin's fall to the Dark Side completely lost on insecure manchildren who instead interpenetrated it to mean the film was "kiddy shit" and not mature enough for them?

It is the most poignant film of the entire saga, why almost 20 years later is this work of art denied the recognition it deserves?
>>
>>68864342
kinda likin black and white darth maul t.b.h.
>>
>>68864342

Not to sound like a sheep, but it stood in strong contrast to the practical effects of the originals, not to mention the "last jedi" story arc.

Plus... gungans...

Then again ewoks sucked aswell.
>>
>>68864730
How is contrast bad? It's poetic.
A movie taking place in the past has state of the art computer generated imagery, a movie taking place in the future uses tried and true practical effects. It rhymes.
Gungans were also one of the most unique alien species in any film to date.
The Ewoks were also fine by the way, if a little boring (stone age teddy bear people)
>>
because your a pleb
>>
>>68865139
>no capitalization
>your instead of you're
It is you who is the pleb my friend. Troglodytes like you are why films like this don't get made anymore.
>>
>>68864342
The Pinball game was better than the movie, yo.
>>
>>68864342
Thank you for reaffirming my belief that if you use the word "manchildren" you have no argument.
>>
>>68865925
Manchild detected
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1403x1892) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1403x1892
>>68865236
>he thinks its good unironically
>>
>>68866408
Oh wow, you're a mobileposter to boot!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.