[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will anyone ever surpass him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: dat arnold face young.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
dat arnold face young.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
Will anyone ever surpass him?
>>
>based Arnold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uerFZ2Z42nc
>>
>foreign body builder
>actor
>united states governor

No. No one will ever surpass everything he accomplished in life.
>>
>>68863587
>Forgot married a Kennedy
>Probably would be President if it was legal
>>
>>68863516

In terms of acting and popularity, The Rock is getting there.

In terms of actually just being more than a hollywood face, being a genius and having an unforgettable personality, no.

Arnie has entered the realm of godhood. 100 years from now people will talk about him with enthusiasm, and it won't be because of films and fitness only.
>>
>>68863647

>The Rock is getting there.

The Rock has LITERALLY never been in a good movie
>>
I always preferred Stallone. He just seemed more authentic.
>>
No, he is a historical figure, like da Vinci or napoleon
>>
Arnold is numero uno.
So no.
>>
>>68863574

>literally grabbing women's asses on stage

ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>68863516
not in our lifetimes
>>
>>68863574
I would let young Arnold fuck me.
Christ, the amount of ass he has pulled over the years must be insane.
>>
Nobody has saved America like Arnold did.
>>
>>68863587

> Born on a dirt poor war-torn country
> To a dirt poor family
> Lived in the shadow of an untalented older brother considered by all family and friends as the "Golden Child"
> Not cared by his father
> Started working at age 6.
> Found a fuckton of talents
> Learned English by himself.
> Learned several trades by himself.
> Drafted into the Army
> Became a tank drives
> Actually crawled through barbed wire and escaped the base just so he could attend a competition in another city (Desertion)
> Actually won
> Infiltrated the base again.
> Was arrested but then released AND given a medal for winning and having the guts to do it.
> Immigrated to the US with only the clothes on his back and the money on his pockets.
> Immediately started doing legit work while all his bodybuilding friends turned to gay 4 pay and handouts.
> Made a small fortune on dry-walling and construction
> Made his first million with real-state
> Was invited for a small part in a small movie.
> Was invited for a bigger role in a bigger movie.
> Was invited to be Conan.
> Became the Terminator
> Made a fortune on acting.
> Dropped bodybuilding as soon as he felt it had run it's course.
> Married a Kennedy.
> Entered politics.
> Became governor.
> About 60% of Americans revealed they would vote him for President if he became a candidate.
> Became forgotten for a while.
> Came back to hollywood doing cameos and small parts
> Currently enjoying a huge BOOM in popularity

Nobody ever alive will surpass Arnie.

His name will echo through Valhalla, shiny and chrome for eternity.

> meanwhile you have people like Amy Schumer and Kayne West pretending they are relevant when nobody will remember their names in five years time.
>>
>>68863683

He was pretty good in Faster.

It would be a good movie if they had casted someone better to play the role discount hollywood pretty-boy whathisname had.
>>
>>68863899
Trump is about to.
>>
>>68863683

Arnold has been in plenty of shitty movies too.

The thing is, wether it be about Stallone, Arnold, Dwayne, etc, is that they are good actors....who constantly do shit movies.
>>
>>68863956
fucking this
>>
>>68864062
Not that guy, but nobody gives a shit that Arnold has been in a bunch of shitty movies when everyone remembers him in all the awesome movies he's done.
Can't say the same about the Rock because they've ALL been shit.
>>
>>68864176

What?

People bring up Hercules in New York and Twins all the time.

I get it you don't like Rock because /tv/ can't like someone that isn't white, but you gotta admit he, just like Arnie, will make any shit movie they are in into less shit simply due to the sheer power of their personalities.
>>
>>68864263

>Twins
>Shit

Into the trash this post goes
>>
>>68864138
> You meant
> Vin Diesel
>>
File: conan.jpg (111 KB, 888x430) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
111 KB, 888x430
>>68863516
Conan the Barbarian is pretty much a perfect film.
>>
>>68864309

What is the riddle of steel?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw

>tfw you watch this every now and then
>>
>>68864348
to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

I know this isn't the specific answer but fuck this, this should be the correct answer to any question in the world.
>>
>>68864263
I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring them up in a bad way, only to have a few chuckles about them.
I don't mind the Rock, and he sorta has the vibe going you're talking about, point was just that he hasn't really done any memorable movies.
>>
>>68863956

Oh boy this makes me feel like such a fucking loser lol. Poverty and suffering truly brings out the best in people.
>>
>>68863647

The Rock is nowhere near Arnold's level and never will be.
>>
>>68863587
he succeeded in the arts, sports, politics, and family...

dude is a legend
>>
>>68863893
>implying he would lower himself to the level of someone who fucks you
>>
He truly is based of the based 2,the road back
>>
File: shaqmeat.png (1 MB, 1474x970) Image search: [Google]
shaqmeat.png
1 MB, 1474x970
>>68863516
>>
>>68864426

It's not that poverty and suffering brings out the best in people anon. See how many utter entitled idiots came out from being poor or having suffered anything bad in life.

It's more about how being comfortable and not having to battle for things you want makes you soft. Adversity tempers a man like cold water does to steel.

Be inspired and follow in his footsteps, instead of feeling like a loser.

If you like reading about people like Arnold, you should read up on Chris Duffin. Guy was born to hippie parents that willingly embraced poverty and denied him and his siblings school and other stuff. He even had to bath once a week in a stream by his trailer. Dude walked for miles to go to school and worked two jobs while pursuing and engineering degree so he could adopt his two sisters and give them a better life. Dude now a days is the CEO of a company what builds crap for NASA and airplanes for several companies.
>>
>>68863574
He has last of an accent than now.

Thinking he developed his accent on purpose for fame.
>>
>>68864563
T-thanks.
>>
>>68864501

> yfw steven segal was once knocked out cold by a 5'4 old man who wore a pink kimono.
>>
>>68863956
I will cry like a little bitch the day he dies
>>
>>68864348
What is stronger man or steel?
>>
>>68864688
When that day comes anon, we shall build him an Altar, pump our muscles in his honor and sacrifice virgins to his name. (not the virgins, just their virginities, just Arnold would've done)
>>
>>68864749
None.

Man can be broken, killed, bought, sold, tricked or deceived.

Steel can be taken, broken, stolen or destroyed.

The strongest is the man who wields the steel, tempered by his own beliefs.
>>
File: the riddle of steel.jpg (95 KB, 1320x240) Image search: [Google]
the riddle of steel.jpg
95 KB, 1320x240
>>68864348
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.