[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is the point of any scenes when he's not Deadpool,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
What the fuck is the point of any scenes when he's not Deadpool, and any scenes when he's Deadpool and isn't killing people?
>>
I think they were trying to stay to the original series where Deadpool wasn't as memefest as he used to be. In Kelly's run, the issue Deadpool experienced is pretty heavy. It's about finding his true passion and morality that he relied. The movie just tried to liven that up while still make it comedy one.
>>
>>68851834

damn

he believed*
>>
>>68851834
It's absolute shit though. No one wants to see a movie about Wolverine being a Canadian coal miner or whatever the fuck he was, or Hannibal eating his sister in World War 2.
>>
This shit has been going on for 20 minutes already, also his girlfriend looks 55. Why am I even watching this, I should just youtube fight clips.
>>
>>68851951
Also why is her upper lip ten times the normal upper lip size, she looks like a furry.
>>
>>68851902

The script leaves no place for character development in the 'present', so the safest way is to do some flashback, (which I didn't have issue with).

Should have just referenced one series to avoid these inconsistencies.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>68851723
Worst thread of the day this these are the retards I share a board with.
>>
>>68852036
Well fuck I zoned out at the whole cancer bit and missed 10 minutes of fight scenes now.

But why even put them in when he could've said all that in one 10 second monologue.
>>
>>68852102
Do you know who Deadpool is? If not, why watch the movie? If you really need the backstory, it's literally one sentence long, not half of the fucking movie.
>>
File: Cletus1[1].gif (15 KB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
Cletus1[1].gif
15 KB, 400x490
I can't even watch the stupid love story scenes she looks like fucking Cletus with that lip and nose job, it's like she went to a doctor and told him just make me a muzzle.
>>
>tfw another 20 minutes of stupid fucking superhero lab bullshit that's always the same in every superhero movie

Jesus Christ.
>>
Ajax's hairplugs look ridiculous.
>>
File: 1377363144588.jpg (175 KB, 317x699) Image search: [Google]
1377363144588.jpg
175 KB, 317x699
>>68851723
>>
>>68853147
Should've captioned it "good fight scenes, love story bullshit, boring exposition" instead.
>>
#haha #le #twitter #joke

Would be better if Carano played his gf.
>>
#haha #le #Stanley #cameo

Seriously, there's half an hour left and there was 1 good fight scene so far. What the fuck is happening here. Why would they do this?
>>
>ywn be pegged by negasonic.
>>
Why does Carano have such retarded powers? I looked it up and "she's very strong" basically.
>>
>>68852726
>Ajax's hairplugs look ridiculous.
Back to this topic.

Don't people who get hairplugs understand that the scars on the back of their heads will be visible if they wear their hair short? They just had a few shots of the back of his head with clear transplant surgery scars, why wouldn't they at least cover that shit up for the movie?
>>
And overall it was boring as fuck except for maybe 5 minutes.

I should really stop watching meme movies.
>>
This shit really wasn't nearly as good or funny as you fuckers hyped it to be. It was nice to see a relatively faithful adaptation of the character on the big screen but the lack of budget to have more than a handful of sets to film scenes on really hurt the movie, and I would have rather they directly pulled Deadpool's more witty quotes from different comic books because a lot of his lines really weren't that funny. I know Deadpool is a fundamentally immature guy but I feel like they just made him a middle school class clown and completely skipped out on his insanity. Also didn't give a fuck about his 2edgy stripper girlfriend

6/10 hope the sequel nails it
>>
>>68855423
>the lack of budget to have more than a handful of sets to film scenes on really hurt the movie
They literally could have done him saying comic book oneliners and fighting people in a single room for 90 minutes and it would have been better then this.
>>
>>68855423
>a middle school class clown
CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST DISCOVERED THE EXISTENCE OF THE TARGET MARKET CONCEPT STEP INTO THE NEAREST SUICIDE BOOTH YOU ARE TOO SMART TO LIVE
>>
>>68854000
>"she's very strong"

And very invulnerable, basically the same powers as Colossus.
>>
>>68855840
Shh shh shh, its gonna be okay... Now show me on the doll where he hurt you
>>
>>68855950
That's always fun in superhero movies. "I'm going to fight a guy with my exact powers except he's a robot/built an armor that mimics my powers/has a palette swapped costume/etc/"
>>
>>68855786
I don't know if I'd go that far. I hope the sequel with Cable gets its hands dirty with lots of film locations and a real sense of adventure. If they make Deadpool a little more schizo and expand his vocabulary, make Cable the perfect straight man badass without going all out edge AND transfer his powers onto the big screen in a way that the audience can understand without being underwhelming, I think it will hit a home run.
>>
Colossus is literally the only good thing about this movie and his fight with stronk lady was the only moment when I cared about what's happening on screen. Seriously, every time when they were cuting to Francis v Deadpool fight I zoned out. I would rather watch a full movie about Colosus training some obscure meme characters.
>>
>>68856147
Colossus and blind granny were probably my favorite characters. Bartender had a handful of lines that were funnier than anything Deadpool said too
>>
>>68856219
>Bartender had a handful of lines that were funnier than anything Deadpool said too
I have to admit I didn't understand the "gf is as funny as DP, bartender is as funny as DP, granny is as funny as DP, negasonic is as funny as DP" concept. Just felt like DP talking to himself most of the movie.
>>
Yeah I think I just pinpointed my main issue with this iteration of Deadpool: they nixed any level of intelligence he actually has. His lolsorandomness was more or less spot on but they portrayed him as a guy who just likes being wacky for the sake of being wacky instead of a relatively smart guy who has completely lost his mind. This is also why the pre-Deadpool scenes were so cringy for me, before getting cancer he was supposed to just be a witty wisecracker, not proposing to his girlfriend with a ring pop.
>>
>>68856506
Remember when movies could tell you everything you needed to know about a character in a single scene? Well, now they need to repeat it 30 times throughout the movie because everyone's tweeting and facebooking and whatever the fuck retards do nowadays.
>>
>>68854187
I didn't notice. any screen shots?
and
>get hair plugs
>shave head
>>
>>68856393
I think it was just to show the little subculture and circle of people Wade was running with at the time, but yeah they tried way too hard with the gf.

I thought the granny tripping over shit gags were pretty funny sinse blind people are usually given respectable Daredevil like treatments in movies, and I thought the bartender's lines like asking what was up with Francis' monochromatic Blade 2 fanboy at the release screening fashion sense and "Wanna get fucked up?" was legitimately funny too
>>
>>68856603
Thats not what I meant at all, grandpa
>>
>>68856706
Yeah but when the entire defining characteristic of the lead character is le funny quips you can't put him into goddamn Gilmore Girls.
>>
>Blow budget on CGI highway scene
>hire Reddit to write the rest of the script
>make more than ten times your budget

Pretty genius desu
>>
How was I supposed to care about gf character? There was no chemistry between her or Reynolds whatsoever, and their whole relationship was built upon sex. There's like one or two scenes when they are doing something other than fucking.
The whole finale sucks because of that, Deadpool can't die and I don't give a fuck if the love intrest dies or not so there's no tension whatsoever. At the end, when deadpool reveals his face I was expecting her to throw up or run away.
>>
>>68856933
Tbqh pham that highway scene was pretty badass.
>>
>Memepool will get a shitton of sequels
>meanwhile we'll never get a Dredd movie ever agin
fuckin normies, why do they have such a shit taste?
>>
File: ed scars.jpg (61 KB, 642x479) Image search: [Google]
ed scars.jpg
61 KB, 642x479
>>68856698
Funny thing is they covered it up in Hitman because they needed a place for the bar code.
>>
>>68856974
Because you're born after 1990 and for you sex is all that there is, now do your 5 minutes of hate so you can join the orgy porgy.
>>
>>68852102
>the seinfeld bat meme
Real witty there kiddo.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.