[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watership Down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tfw bad air.jpg (21 KB, 550x377) Image search: [Google]
tfw bad air.jpg
21 KB, 550x377
http://deadline.com/2016/04/watership-down-miniseries-john-boyega-james-mcavoy-bbc-netflix-1201745167/

>Netflix and the BBC are teaming on a blockbuster adaptation of children’s favorite Watership Down. The four-part animated miniseries is the brainchild of dynamic Brit production-management banner 42. The series will premiere on BBC One in the UK and internationally on Netflix. An A-list collection of talent has been assembled for the project including Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ John Boyega, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Ben Kingsley and Gemma Arterton

Four part miniseries. Might this actually be good?
>>
i've dreamed about another adaptation of Watership Down for fucking years so they better do it right. The Beeb are usually pretty good at things like this, just as long as Boyega does his lovely polite voice.
>>
>>68833674
>i've dreamed about another adaptation of Watership Down for fucking years

Me too, never thought it would happen, though. It sounds promising, not trying to cram it into 90 minutes and not trying to milk several seasons out of it.
>>
>>68833793

It gives them enough space to let Adams world-building breath. The 70s animated film is so sort of odd and tonally unsure of itself (doesnt stop it from being great obviously) that it ends up moving at quite a fast pace, but there's so much deep lore in the book about the rabbits and their language and the common language of the wild animals (hedgerow) and rabbit culture and mythology and El-Ahraihrah, prince of a thousand enemies, that would be absolutely amazing to see on screen.
>>
>Gemma Arterton

IM GUNNA FUCK THAT BUNNY
>>
>>68833939

My big worry is that they'll change it around a bit to cater to modern trends. Virtually all the main characters are male and the latter half of the book largely centres around trying to secure does for the new colony. Hyzenthlay is about the only female character of note. The casting-call only lists one woman, so that's promising, I suppose. Hopefully they won't change it so the Downies just take down Efrafa because well, Efrafa's evil.

And yeah, I'm hoping for some mad Lapine mythology, Frith be praised.
>>
File: Reeeeee.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
Reeeeee.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>68833560
>>
>>68834074

It doesn't seem like a remake, it's just another adaptation of the original work.
>>
>>68834117
>adaptation

reworking
remodeling
refitting
>>
>>68834358
>i object to adapting classic works to the screen because not liking things is cool

Yeah, fuck off.
>>
The three things they need to not fuck up are:
>bigwig in the wire/"I'll kill him"
>silflay hraka u embleer rah
>"Y-YOUR Chief?!"

If they get that right, I'll probably be at least content.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.