[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In about a half-hour, we get a new episode of The Americans.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: The Americans.jpg (42 KB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
The Americans.jpg
42 KB, 565x318
In about a half-hour, we get a new episode of The Americans. Tonight's episode is titled "Travel Agents":

>Both the FBI and KGB compete to try and find an important agent.

Lately, I've been getting fuckall from FiOS with synopses, so hopefully Comcastbro kicks in with the rest of it. This could be the night that Martha dies, but with half the season over, that feels like a season finale or penultimate episode sort of thing. Anyway, get in here to discuss the show, post webms from the show and quite possibly new Ninas.

Final note: Season 3 of Tyrant comes in July.
>>
What's your favorite part of The Americans, bros?

Mine is that one time midway through the first season where they had the leading actress have an affair with a guy in the Black Panthers in an interracial cuckold plotline.
Boy was that great.
>>
>>68831543

First post, no less. Are you going to post this every week? I could use more people to get this going organically.
>>
>>68831543

They weren't really together until recently and actually Phil is the one doing the cucking, so much so that black guy suicides by cop because she wanted Phil instead of black bull.

Don't you know comrade? Phil wins.
>>
File: americans spanked.webm (3 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
americans spanked.webm
3 MB, 840x472
I've been meaning to make a Philip fighting/killing montage, that starts with his monologue after he kills the IT guy for almost no reason.

"Do you know how many people I've killed? I don't even know anymore. And for what? Some 1's and 0's on some digital highway? I don't even know what that means."
>>
>>68831543
the KGB did historically use the Black Panthers as plants though to do minor crimes

If you can't see that Elizabeth was manipulating the nog ring leader by pretending to love him, so they had 20 years of scot-free nigger minions to hide all their bodies, you weren't paying attention
>>
stream
where
>>
>>68831861
http://livetvcafe.net/video/8HNU11XM5HUR/FX-Network
>>
>>68831978
none of those work for me
W H Y!!!!
>>
>>68832240
o well bro relax

it will be uploaded in HD an hour after it airs anyway

you can wait a couple hours
>>
>>68831543
The best part is right now, m8
Martha is going to end up screwing everyone over, whether she knows intends to or not. The stakes are higher than they've ever been.
>>
>>68832297
I know... but... It's funnier posting
with you guys :(
>>
is this season finale?
>>
>>68832358
The season's not even half-way finished, and things are already this heated up.
>>
>>68832358

no
>>
>>68832358
It's only episode 7
>>
>>68832320
Not like /tv/ watches the show anyway

Too patrician for /tv/
>>
I'm gonna miss Martha

I'm not going to miss her plot taking up half the show tho
>>
>5 minutes in and nothing has happened

:^)
>>
>>68832501
I'm just thankful Nina's gone. Goddamn what a fucking drain on the show.
>>
>>68832612
me too
hope martha is next, maybe a suicide
>>
>>68832612
Her plot was alright until she went back to Russia. Her execution was impactful though.
>>
H E N R Y
E P C O T
W H E N

also:

M O R E
S A N D R A
>>
>>68832612
Nina was sexy-cute and interesting for the first season, maybe part of season 2, especially so we could see the KGB perspective, but her story ran out of steam fast
>>
Martha in outer heaven when
>>
Poor Martha, shit got real, real fast
>>
Is this the most screen time phone lady has ever got?
>>
NO MARTHA DONT
>>
oh she's taking the pussy way out
>>
>>68833025
shes kinda cute
>>
They should play a board game while they wait at the phone.
>>
>>68833393

>implying phil's intensity would allow for that

he could start paper on fire by just staring at it
>>
She doesn't know that her predecessor got murdered
>>
is she laying a trap to try to save her ass?
>>
Is this the pilot who fucked up the glanders handoff
>>
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
>>
thank christ Liz shut her down
>>
that was very rude. martha could've had an egg sandwich tucked in a vest pocket or something and it would've been ruined!
>>
>>68833565

>implying she is going to let the nutjob fuck her family up
>>
HIDUUUKEN
>>
die Martha die

why didn't Liz just stab her again in the heart right away?

and then the throat

fuck Martha
>>
>>68833582

Liz is going to make her eat all the eggs
>>
>>68833582
Not as ruined as Philip's life when Martha cant stop acting like a overwhelmed toddler
>>
Martha was a useful idiot, but I wish she'd jumped.
>>
Based Elizabeth getting shit done
>>
please don't let Stan see Philip
>>
What is with all the fucking commercial breaks
>>
Yes, in the 80s they had pay phones out in the middle of parks.

Not.
>>
>Paige tells Pastor Tim about the underage drinking
>>
>>68833716

two brahs drinking a brew

so is henry gay or wtf is going on
>>
"AYE MISTER BEE-MAN IM TURNT AF BRUH"
>>
>Paige joins in with the underage drinking
>>
that had better be 3/2 beer there kids
>>
>>68833761
No way. They were just talking about how hot Brooke Shields is.
>>
File: 1460258478184.gif (3 MB, 350x373) Image search: [Google]
1460258478184.gif
3 MB, 350x373
>>68833650

Waiting 4 seasons for this. Please happen tonight.
>>
You're welcome, Phil. Don't mention it.
>>
Philip loves Martha more than Elizabeth
>>
fuck you phillip

fuck you

fuck you

you weak faggot
>>
>>68833838

No he doesn't he just liked having something pure
>>
Forget it. Tatiana only for Amerikanskis with big secrets. Back to work.
>>
>>68833838

there's your answer right there.
>>
Gaad is pretty fucking terrible at his job
>>
>is the kama sutra that good?
GAAD WITH THE BANTZ
>>
>>68834033

Did you see their faces though? Phil truly runs superior game. Too bad he bought into his own bs
>>
GEORGE
LOPEZ
CAMEO
WHEN
>>
>ill be alone, just like i was before i met you
:/
>>
Tatiana is going to have Martha killed.

there is no pilot

there is no pilot
>>
>>68834137

this shit is going to eat at phil
>>
I feel cheated.
>>
Martha won't be going to Russia alone. She'll have that rat in a jar as a companion.
>>
>>68834172
What doesn't at this point
>>
>>68834196
I feel robbed

FUCKING KILL MARTHA ALREADY
>>
>>68834219

he looks so twisted up inside all the time, he can convey so much between them without saying anything.
>>
>>68834158
There is a pilot, but its for the bio weapon
>bring Martha and the bioweapon
>kill her because she outlived her usefulness

>"they'll take good care of you"
just like that KGB officer's Puerto Rican wife
>>
>>68834279
And that Black Panther guy.
>>
Will the Rezidentura milf be the only one to have the sack to kill Martha? I fucking hope so.
>>
>>68834214
inb4 Martha catches Ebola on her way to Russia and dies
>>
Martha is simply too much of a liability to leave alive, the KGB has to kill her.
>>
I'm irritated with this episode

Martha didn't die or get caught and half of it was fucking commercials.
>>
>thinking the KGB will let a overly emotional unstable woman who knows Illegal operative's real names live
She'll get Nina'd
>>
f u c k
>>
Im just watching it
everyones lfet
:(
>>
once she gets on the front plane she's done. they'll just dump her body in the ocean
>>
>>68836159
>>68834473
They don't just kill people like that. She would get put up in an apartment in one of those dreary commie building blocks and leave her alone where she would be even more alone than before she met him because she can't even speak the language.
>>
Good episode, but I'm kind of getting bored of Martha. Hopefully she dies or gets Russia'd next week.
>>
>>68833503
>implying they didn't shoot him in the fucking head the second he got back to Moscow
>>
>>68838028

They don't really shoot people in the head until they're sure they've sucked every last drop of usefulness out of them. Not people with access to high-value and high-security places, at least. Joeski Blowski from Idahoski, sure.
>>
>>68834158
That's what I thought until there was a shot of her in a plane in next week's teaser.
>>
>>68836341
>They don't just kill people like that
Bro, do you even Soviet?
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (76 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
76 KB, 1278x720
Someone on Reddit mentioned that the piece of jewelry that Stan looks at in this episode could be Elizabeths.

Does anyone remember if Philip ever gave Martha a piece of Elizabeth's jewelry? I know that Philip gave the teenager from last season jewelry from that KGB agent that collected the tapes in the CIA guys handbag last season, but I also recall Philip getting a piece of jewelry from Elizabeth, but I can't remember which episode.

This has to be a red herring... why else would they focus on it?
>>
>>68838237
It is Elizabeth

It's the necklace she gave him when he asked her for a piece of jewellery to give to Martha in Season 1
>>
>>68838237

I think it was like Season 1 or 2 where he asked Elizabeth for a piece of jewelry and she gave it up.
>>
>>68838070
He was an Aeroflot pilot, though. If he dies they just appoint a new one who is loyal to the party. The guy has zero value apart from that which they gave to him to begin with.
>>
>>68838307
>He was an Aeroflot pilot, though

Oh, right. I thought he was a Yank.
>>
>>68838107
>implying the US never pulled that shit
More like, "Bro, do you even human?"
>>
>>68838269
>>68838256
Thanks guys, I knew I recalled it, but it's been so long since I watched S1...

It's a pretty distinctive piece of jewelry though, this HAS to be a red herring...
>>
File: 200_s.gif (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
16 KB, 200x200
>>68838237
>>68838256
Shit's gonna get real
>>
>>68838237
>>68838256
>>68838269

Wonder how the connection gets made. Is there a matching piece that Stan will see Elizabeth wearing or something, I wonder.
>>
Loved John-Boy in this ep. Gaad is fucked and he knows it.

>my secretary
>married
>a KGB officer

Legit kek'd at his delivery.
>>
File: Capture3.jpg (74 KB, 1771x988) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.jpg
74 KB, 1771x988
>>68838256
>>68838269
IT'S HAPPENING!
>>
File: Capture5.jpg (85 KB, 1839x984) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.jpg
85 KB, 1839x984
>>68838624
>>
>>68838107
>>68838107
>>They don't just kill people like that
>Bro, do you even Soviet?
Soviet state was not about just being evil for evil's sake

By 70-80s especially it became a complete bureaucracy swamp, you couldn't do SHIT without tons of papers and confirmations and rechecks and reports of confirmations.

What people often misunderstand about totalitarianism is the most important part about it is that it is TOTAL. Meaning that everyone are subjects to the same paranoia.

Like prison guard can't just go and kill even the lowest of lowest prisoners and just dump his body somewhere all by himself. No.

In totalitarian state, if the guard will do that alone even if ordered, he will fall under suspicion that he didn't actually did the deed but he released him for money or for services or out of pity.

That's why you need a ton of papers first approving the act, the an official and few witnesses and medical staff confirming the result, like they had with Nina.

Without all paper shield everyone involved would be subject to suspicion.

Listen to series producers because they read on how KGB operated:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/24/a_former_kgb_agent_on_how_the_americans_compares_to_his_own_experiences.html
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/04/07/the_americans_costa_ronin_discusses_the_shocking_last_few_moments_of_chloramphenicol.html
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/04/21/the_americans_russian_translator_talks_about_her_perfection_of_the_show.html
>>
>>68838571
Gaad's progressive realization about how his career is done for was funny

In his last scene he was just getting hammered in his office when he finds out how bad it was
>>
>>68838794

Sounds terrible. I missed the first two showings and part of the 3rd one, so I'm catching up now. It seems so crazy to watch all of this, knowing that in 8 short years, it all crumbles down.
>>
>>68838571
I think he's gonna kill himself desu
>>
>>68838794
Cam down Putin
>>
>>68838365
>>68838458
>>68838624
Jesus you guys are autistic. Stan isn't about to connect the dots that his neighbours and best friends are KGB agents from a piece of jewellery that may look vaguely like something he saw on Elizabeth several years ago.

A common theme running through this season and the entire show has been Elizabeth and Phillip's insecurities about the authenticity of their relationship. The director of the episode was just using the close up of the necklace to remind the viewer that Phillip has put Martha before Elizabeth in the past and that this is a source of uncertainty for her.
>>
why is Tatiana acting so shady
>>
>>68841229

Maybe she has something up her sleeve for Martha, maybe it was just given attention because her pilot will end up fucking everything up, or maybe in a huge twist she'll be a double agent. I'd guess the first option.
>>
>>68841571
I just want to give Martha a hug ;_;
>>
>>68841731

me too, bro ;_;
>>
>>68841571
She's not a double agent, she just works for a higher department and she's there to work on classified missions. She has authority that even Arkady can't mess with so it's very possible she's been given particular instructions for how to deal with Martha or can choose to deal with her how she likes.
>>
>>68841571
She's been in charge of the bioweapons mission and she's intentionally putting Martha on the same plane as the rat. Don't know why she would want Martha dead though
>>
>tfw dropped this show 3 episodes into the second season a couple of years ago

Fuck. Once I finish season 5 of Game of Thrones, I'm getting on that shit.
>>
>>68841880
>>68841830

Yeah, I forgot about her higher clearance. Wasn't there a scene where Arkady asked to see some documents or transcripts or something and she denied him? In that case I'm sure she got orders from a higher up regarding Martha.
>>
>>68841942
Yes and when Arkady looked into it they told him to leave her be
>>
Somehow it just keeps getting better.
>>
>>68841896
>season 5 of GoT over any season of The Americans
You might be the baddest mother fucker I've ever met.
>>
>>68838794
Thanks, Gorby.
>>
How do you guys think the show will end? It definitely won't get to the collapse of the USSR.
>>
>>68845392

I suspect the Jenningses will either cut a deal and go Henry Hill or... not make it. And maybe only one of them will make it (probably Elizabeth).
>>
>>68845392
Stan will discover the truth about the Phillip and Elizabeth but he will let them go in return for their agreement to cease clandestine operations on American soil.

He will do this because Paige has at this point seduced his son using the skills she has learned from training that she has secretly been undertaking with Claudia. Stan, in a moment of true catharsis, will finally decide to put his family above his job.

The Center will allow Phillip and Elizabeth to remain in America as civilians because they have their second generation illegal in Paige. Phillip will be happy to finally get his wish of being a regular American. Elizabeth will be content in the knowledge that Paige is continuing her legacy of serving the homeland.
>>
Odds on Martha being dropped out of an airplane above the ocean by the KGB hottie?

Why is pastor tim still alive?
>>
>>68846428
>Why is pastor tim still alive?

I mean, this has been openly discussed in the show. P and E believe that Paige will suspect their involvement if he has an accident/gets murdered (further complicated by his wife also knowing) and don't want to risk that.
>>
>>68846489
I know, I just want the smug motherfucker to get two bullet holes, preferably shot by Paige.
>>
Killing Martha now seems way to easy for this show. Especially since they just got rid of Nina.
>>
>>68846544
she should seduce him first
>>
>>68846620

I am really, really hoping that the timing of all this isn't just so they can keep on having an arc set in Russia.

>>68846675

There's no indication Pastor Tim is into fucking a miniature version of Seth Macfarlane, no matter how callipygian.
>>
>>68846700
>callipygian
had to look it up

good stuff
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrldKkaK74

Promo for next week looks pretty hype, looks like Lizzie has enough of this shit and takes her anger out on the LockheedMartin employee.
>>
>>68846910

Who's the broken bottle being brandished at?
>>
>>68846981
The LockheedMartin employee that Elizabeth got a spot in the Stealth factory by dropping the car on that one employees' head.

Shes the one with the drunk abusive husband that got involved when they made the deal.
>>
File: contact.jpg (53 KB, 513x768) Image search: [Google]
contact.jpg
53 KB, 513x768
>>68846428
>Why is pastor tim still alive?

he looks like jake busey in contact

is beeman's kid gonna rape paige?
>>
>>68847040
wasn't she northrop grumman ( B2 bomber pics )?

i wonder why they brought that storyline back
>>
Another solid episode, but I was hoping the Martha plotline would actually be resolved. Looks like they'll kill her in the next ep though. Also getting back to Paige working Pastor Tim should be good.
>>
>>68847189
>i wonder why they brought that storyline back

That employee her husband blackmailed and took over the negotiation right? Maybe he contacts that he'll go to the feds if the KGB doesnt give money, or something like that.
>>
>>68847189
Just Northrop. They didn't acquire Grumman until after the development of the B-2.
>>
What's the go with the Korean lady?
>>
>>68848096
Has to have something to do with the bio-weapons. I can't see the writers introducing another espionage arc more than halfway through the season.
>>
>>68848096
Her story is probably headed right this way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007
>>
>>68848096
>>68848161

Isnt it because William doesnt want a level4 clearance, she got introduced right after, so maybe her husband or family has a level 4 clearance.
>>
>>68848096
some guy in her family has high clearance to something. they've just been ramping up intensity with Martha so better to have it focus all on that for now until its over
>>
>>68834312
They did want to take care of him, he refused and decided to suicide by cop.
>>
>>68834314
There's something about her that just makes me diamonds. She's not even particulary hot or pretty.
>>
>>68841880
Maybe they want to infect a human to see the effect of the virus. Martha is a perfect candidate
>>
>>68849358

Oh God. That seems so horribly plausible. LEAVE HER ALONE YOU COMMIE FUCKS.
>>
>>68849358
yeah no
>>
>>68846369
>we get to see paige be a badass
im ok with this version
>>
Does anyone else think it's weird that they brought Matthew back for seemingly no reason at all other than playing video games with Henry - MILF HUNTER - Jennings? Something's up.
>>
>>68849888

Probably going to hook up with Paige and she might let something slip.
>>
>>68849888
it'd be more weird if we never saw Stan trying to spend time with his son
>>
>>68849933
this except I think it might be that paige uses him to have some leverage over stan if shit ever goes down
>>
>>68850095
does she bait stan?
>>
>>68849157
there is an atmosphere of classiness around her (costume design is top notch, it's still 80s but doesn't look ridiculous)

and the way she asserts herself with Oleg and Arkady when she shows that she is privy to things they have no access to
>>
>>68850095

I don't think Paige is going to be that manipulative that quickly, unless they draw it out into the next season. Which I suppose they might do, this show's big on the slow burn.
>>
>>68850095
you guys are morons who don't understand subtlety at all
>>
>>68850301
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1458320045623.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1458320045623.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
Martha is going to be alright guys.
>>
>>68850360
"have some leverage over Stan"

HEY STAN IF YOU RAT OUT MY PARENTS I'LL TELL YOUR BOSS THAT YOUR SON GAVE ME BEER ONCE
>>
>>68850419

Even in the best case scenario... she's still living in Soviet Russia. That ain't any kind of alright.
>>
>>68850436
>thinks this is what people mean by 'leverage'
>claims people don't understand subtlety

Hush now, boycik.
>>
>>68838365
Yeah no. This show isn't shit.
>>
>>68850441
I don't see why they can't just let them stay in Cuba. I think Gregory would have enjoyed Cuba far more than living in the USSR. And I think they even told their partners widow that they'd take her to Cuba
>>
>>68850436
I don't get it though. Why would he care about a little beer ?
>>
>>68850441
She's going to love it. In Minsk she's a 10. She will be swimming in D.
>>
>>68850488
>I don't see why they can't just let them stay in Cuba.

Guantanamo Bay represents too great a defection risk, I'd assume. And even ignoring Gitmo, if a bunch of Cubans can drift to Florida on a raft, so can someone like Martha. Can't be having that.
>>
>>68850524
What do you mean by defection risk? I just thought Cuba would be a good destination since there is a precedent of American exiles there like Eldridge Cleaver and Assata
>>
Wow I never knew that people on /tv/ liked this show. Its kind of refreshing for a change.

Also I recommend listening to the podcast that this anon >>68838794 posted with an actual old KGB sleeper agent to see how it was like in real life. Pretty interesting.
>>
>>68850661
>What do you mean by defection risk?

Someone like Martha isn't a true-believing ideologue. She's 100% going to get homesick and not be happy living there. Gitmo is a US Army base and a natural choice for her to just rock up to and be like, I'm American yo, help me, also there's these spies in DC I can help identify. She might even literally prefer prison in the US if she can see her family.

So they're not going to leave her in Cuba. They're going to bring her back to Russia, where even if she goes rogue it doesn't matter. The cops will pick her up eventually.
>>
>>68850812
Gitmo is not really approachable that way. It's mined/watched and she'd probably get headshotted before she even saw the wire. She'd have an easier time travelling to like Cayman or another nearby island and then getting to the US.
>>
>>68850812
Definitely right that she would be unhappy. She's always been very frail and lonely. USSR would probably want her on Russian soil in case they ever want a extradition swap
>>
Martha is a goner

RIPIP
>>
>>68850832
>realisation that Phillip just used her for intelligence
i'm really surprised that she hasn't even asked about this yet. they're relationship started with him posing as an internal auditor and then turning romantic but i don't know how she hasn't thought about it all being fake for the sole purpose of maintaining a line to Gaad's office, even now that she knows they're KGB. it'd make sense for her to still be under the illusion that it's a genuine relationship after he partially exposed himself to her last season but not now
>>
martha's is the most tragic story

you have no heart if you don't feel for her
>>
>>68850911

I guess, maybe. Still the raft issue.
>>
>>68851222
>you have no heart if you don't feel for her

Not that I want her to die but I can't feel bad for someone so retarded.
>>
>>68851268

She's not retarded, though. She's quite capable, as we saw when Beeman was giving her the stinkeye at the photocopier, and when whatssisface took her to dinner. She's just lonely and vulnerable. A bit of a plain Jane, never had much luck romantically. Just wanted some old-fashioned romance and domestic bliss.

Jesus she's practically /r9k/ without the psychotic bitterness.
>>
Where's the 720p scene release? BTN is down and I'm not seeing it SCC. Not normal at all.
>>
>>68851406
just torrent from a public tracker like a normal person
>>
>>68851449
Unless things have changed since I bothered getting a BTN invite, any other day I'd be 10 minutes into the episode by the time it made it to public trackers. I never want to go back to downloading L O S T at 50kB/s the next morning.
>>
>>68851561

I dunno what it was like back then (I was a central-server devotee) but pubbies aren't like that anymore, or not for me at least. 720p rips for reasonably popular shows are available like an hour after broadcast ends and will download at ~4MBps on a decent connection. So I watched it in 720p last night about 35 mins after it aired. SD rips are out like 15 minutes after the credits roll.
>>
Sandra best girl
>>
>>68851754
>So I watched it in 720p last night about 35 mins after it aired
>*1hr 35 mins
>>
>>68851356
Martha's motivations are one of my biggest gripes about this show. As you say, she's supposed to just be unbearably lonely and therefore easily manipulated with a little bit of attention.

Why then is she presented as the office nymph? Both Amador and Aderholt display romantic interest in her. On this evidence, she has no shortage of suitors. I think if they really wanted to push the spinster narrative, they should have made her male coworkers more dismissive of her.
>>
>>68851858
>Why then is she presented as the office nymph?

You mean the office bike. She's promiscuous because she craves intimacy.
>>
>>68851754
>>68851801
That long? Fuck I'm spoiled
>>
File: KGBfu.jpg (722 KB, 1565x2104) Image search: [Google]
KGBfu.jpg
722 KB, 1565x2104
how can she be so cute bros
>>
>>68851921
>begging for links
>spoiled
>>
>>68851858
everyone on this show is horny as fuck. they aren't gonna dismiss Martha
>>
>>68851972
This isn't typical
>>
>>68851858
>they should have made her male coworkers more dismissive of her.

there's plenty of scenes with the guys working there making fun of her
>>
>>68851921
Most network shows are on public trackers less than an hour after the episode starts (ie. several minutes after the end of the broadcast). Basic cable shows like The Americans take a little longer unless they are hugely popular.
>>
>>68852031

But desu he's on BTN where ups and downs are so fast they exceed C and he normally gets them about a week before the episode is even scripted.
>>
>>68846489
So what though? What happens if Paige realizes they killed him? What's she going to do, rat on her parents and destroy their family completely?

I highly doubt Paige would do anything that stupid.

>>68848227
Isn't the show already past 1983? I know it started in 1981, and already four seasons have passed, that has to be more than two years, right?
>>
>>68852031
>ie. several minutes after the end of the broadcast
In that case what's your favorite public tracker? I haven't really paid attention to any of that stuff in 5+ years so I'm completely in the dark
>>68852120
I'm doing my best not to sound like a pompous asshole
>>
>>68852140
still in 1983. It's not too long after the S3 finale which was titled March 8, 1983
>>
Just checked kick ass torrents on a whim. It isn't there either.
>>
>>68852140
>So what though? What happens if Paige realizes they killed him? What's she going to do, rat on her parents and destroy their family completely?

Maybe? Or maybe just run away, or maybe just hate them forever and completely sever all ties with them as soon as possible? I guess they should be completely indifferent to all of those prospects.

>Isn't the show already past 1983?

Some review I read dated the Reagan speech Elizabeth was laughing at a few eps ago, still firmly in 1983.

>>68852258

It's going to depend what you mean by "kick ass torrents". They've been through some shit. kat dot see are is where I have reason to believe it can possible be found.
>>
>>68852362
Its fine. Complained on SCC and they fixed it
>>
I binge watched the first 3 seasons and it seemed pretty boring, but I can't wait for the next episode since started watching it weekly
>>
This was a really good couple of episodes but I can't wait for it to get back to suburban life
>>
>>68853617
They're really doing a great job of ending the Martha plotline, and if this is how they do it for a supporting character that gets burned, it's going to be so intense when P/E get found out/suspected
>>
>>68853617

I don't think that's going to happen, bro. This is the beginning of the end. Shit's going to start coming apart at the seams. We may get some illusory return to an uneasy norm by the end of this season, but it won't last.
>>
Will P&E's marriage become more strained as a result of Martha going byebye or better? Elizabeth will be reliever but I can't tell how Phillip is going to feel
>>
>>68854076
Elizabeth was so afraid that Philips feelings for Martha were bigger than his feelings for her, but when he chose her over Martha you saw how happy/relieved she was.

If something does go wrong with Martha and she ends up dieing then Philip will probably go off the deep end.
>>
>>68854076
The show is a lot stronger when their relationship is strong. Hope Phillip pulls through
>>
>>68854076
Better I think because Elizabeth seems to have got a lot out of it. Phillip is always feeling guilty about shit so I don't think much will change for him.
>>
>FBI still hasn't discovered based Mail Robot

fuckin amateurs
>>
>>68854501
With Martha not there anymore does it have any use though? I can't remember if Martha was recovering tapes from it or not.
>>
>>68853617
There's no way this season will end on a normal note. Their going to have to either become double agents for the FBI, are going to go on the run, or are going to kill Stan to prevent the truth from coming out.

I think the most likely solution is that they get turned.
>>
someone post the webm of keri russel from 2 episodes ago
you know the one
>>
>>68854814
I can't see Liz getting turned ever
>>
>>68854775
she didnt
there was someone else getting the tapes
>>
Would /tv/ take in a KGB waifu in to your home to protect and love?
>>
>>68855428
i wonder if she can sing The Internationale
>>
>>68851969
she is NOTHING compared to nina

nina is pure
>>
>>68838343
>>68838307
>He was an Aeroflot pilot
What was his fucking problem then? If he was an American I could understand his fear for being caught with contraband for the KGB, but as a Russian? I've completely misunderstood that scene, apparently.
>>
>>68855428
yeah, but there are much better kgb waifus in the show, e.g.:>>68851969
>>
Sandra aged like 10 years in the last season ;_:
>>
>>68855722
;_;
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-07-16h18m45s093.png (578 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-07-16h18m45s093.png
578 KB, 1280x720
I wish they'd give some bigger role to Henry, he's too cute to be wasted on mundane scenes with video games or tv.
>>
>>68852140
>What's she going to do, rat on her parents and destroy their family completely?
She's Philip and Liz' daughter, and they both love her.
They don't want to fuck up their relationship with her.
>>
>>68851969

Where is her chin?
>>
>>68851858
IIRC Amador was a glorified fuck-buddy, and they broke up anyway. Martha is over 30, feels her biological clock ticking (that's the whole point of the kid with Clark/adoption arc), and craves a serious relationship. Clark is pretty much her saviour.
>>
>>68854925
They could threaten Paige or Henry, I can see her kids being the weak spots. Didn't Elizabeth flip when she was tortured by Claudia when they hung pictures of her kids in her cell?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-13h17m33s865.png (239 KB, 719x400) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-13h17m33s865.png
239 KB, 719x400
henry doesnt even like beer
>>
>>68855836
>>68856512

Henry will be the reason why Stan starts suspecting the Jennings family again. Some dumb off hand remark will trigger the suspicions.

Either that or Stan will look at one of the family photos in the Jennings house and recognize the necklace from Elizabeth that Philip gave to Martha.
>>
>>68856512
No one likes beer at that age
>>
>>68856635
Thats posible
What do you its going to happen after marthas gone?
>>
>>68856763
I did
>>
>>68846428
> Odds on Martha being dropped out of an airplane above the ocean by the KGB hottie?
Do you think they will shoot her beforehand ?
>>
>>68857438
Why would they shoot a woman before throwing her out of a plane?
>>
>>68857438
they wont drop her in the ocean

bodies have a way of washing up when you don't want them to

just shoot her in the head and down a dark hole she goes
>>
>>68857470
:^)

>>68857438
Nah, give her a nice whiff of that infected rat and then drop her.
>>
God that was a gripping episode. I continue to be astounded each time an episode ends with Martha still alive. She's in a predicament so terrible that death would probably be the kindest thing for her. Whilst being absolutely nerve-wracking, thi season has stealthily been the funniest of them all thanks to William and Gaad.

Here's the next promo:

https://youtu.be/50UQU4I4ZNQ

Looks like it's Elizabeth's turn to fucking lose it. I feel like she's been left to simmer on the sidelines this season while Philip unravels so I welcome some focus on her
>>
Why is he always such an asshole?
>>
>>68858503
the dude lives a fucking sad life man
>>
>>68858503
Because normies keep bothering him with stupid assignments.
>>
>>68858551
my life is much sadder, just work, shitposting and drunk shitopsting on the weekends, but I'm not an asshole
>>
>>68858639
wait, that's my life too. sometimes I drunk shitpost at night though
>>
>>68858177
>Looks like it's Elizabeth's turn to fucking lose it. I feel like she's been left to simmer on the sidelines this season while Philip unravels so I welcome some focus on her

Elizabeth is my favorite character, it will be good to have an episode centered around her. Especially when shit seems to go down with both Pastor Tim and that aircraftlady.
>>
>>68856182
Not at all. Elizabeth didn't come close to flipping then. She got pissed off when she found out it was the KGB testing them.
>>
80s cars are so cool.
>>
>>68856512
I wanna be there...
>>
>>68858503
How is he an asshole? He has literally done nothing wrong. He even cared enough to talk with Philip about his issues with Martha.
>>
Punished Gaad
>>
>>68858503
>I'd jerk off instead.
>>
>>68851969
Best kgbfu. Nina a shit.
>>
>>68855608
The intrnationale hasn't been ussr anthem since 1944 anon. She absolutely can sing the actual anthem though. Hell, i was born in 1983 and only lived in the union for less than 10 years, and even i can still remember the words by heart.
>>
>>68861708
agree
>>
I'm pleased this thread is still up, I don't even think there was one for last week's episode.
>>
>>68862225
>I'm pleased this thread is still up, I don't even think there was one for last week's episode.
There was, but died pretty quickly.

>>68861708
Agreed.
>>
Not interested in watching the show, but I'm interested if the show addresses character's motivations for being Soviet spies. Is there any sort of flashback / narrative device showcasing their view of Soviet VS American way of life that makes the latter seem enticing?

What stops them from defecting?
>>
>>68862225
>>68863314
I haven't really bothered looking very hard the last few weeks. It gets tiring browsing through a board where half the people are obsessed with movies based off of children's comic books.
>>
Just finished it, very good episode. Tense, top notch acting. Good season so far.
>>
>>68863482
>Not interested in watching the show, but I'm interested if the show addresses character's motivations for being Soviet spies.

They were born and raised in Russia. They're patriots.

Mild spoiler in case you ever do watch, which you should: The husband's urging that they should defect to the US is one of the first character arcs in the entire show and forms a central, though often implicit, point of tension throughout.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.