[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is every King of the Hill episode basically >Strawman comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 0AnFGUN.jpg (41 KB, 497x410) Image search: [Google]
0AnFGUN.jpg
41 KB, 497x410
Is every King of the Hill episode basically

>Strawman comes onto the show
>Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin - he just wanted to mow his lawn. He was getting his propane career back on track!
>Strawman is defeated in some way by Hank's old fashioned ways

Or am I missing something?
>>
Just hank my shit up
>>
Try watching the show.
>>
>>68826323
>strawmans
>strawmans everywhere
>>
ive seen this thread before, seems like a pasta
>>
File: tumblr_m4ka8zT2fH1rpzx99.gif (616 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4ka8zT2fH1rpzx99.gif
616 KB, 500x375
>it's a peggy episode
>>
File: 2016-03-19 (3).png (606 KB, 954x746) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-19 (3).png
606 KB, 954x746
I'll take any excuse to post my koth reaction images, even if OP made himself a shit thread
>>
File: 1435999749808.png (422 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1435999749808.png
422 KB, 665x662
>>68826839

>its a "hank fixes everything so Peggy never learns a lesson" episode
>>
>>68826323

Others are:

Bobby being weird and Hank trying to set him straight

Dale has a big conspiracy

Bill is a loser

Kahn is a failure

Cotton abuses Hank

LuAnne is taken advantage of because of her looks

Hanks saves Mr. Strickland from himself

Hank fixes Peggy's mess
>>
>>68826323

You're forgetting that the "Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin" is more in line with /tv/'s beliefs

One note formulaic character who /tv/ disagrees with: Bad
One note formulaic character who /tv/ agrees with: Good
>>
>>68826323
It's abut the nobility in people who don't have grand aspirations

That opening scene where they're in the alleyway drinking beer while time passes? It's because they have nothing they'd rather be doing. That's the most satisfying thing they can imagine, spending time just existing with people who's company they enjoy, without any pressure to do or be anything.

Hank brings out the foibles in the world he encounters, and the world plays on Hank's foibles/idiosyncrasies. He's a funny-living man, in a world that he's kept small because when your independent will can't make everything you could dream happen, it's appropriate and necessary to find a way to be content with only being able to carve out a home-sized sphere of influence in a world of chaos. And even the idea that you can have that kind of control is a delusion, but those delusions are how people function.

It isn't necessarily a bad, look-at-the-idiot kind of funny, it's a look-how-funny-human-beings-are kind of funny.
>>
>it's a Bobby is really good at something but never does it afterward ever again episode
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.