[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things you see all the time on tv but never in real life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Jews.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
Jews.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1667
>>
>>68825299
someone hooks up a girl
>>
Friends
>>
>>68825299
Why do people in movies never take their shoes off inside?
>>
Awkward guy has a gf/sex regularly
>>
>>68825299
Diaries
>>
>>68825299
When a chracter takes a piss and doesn't screams until a little stone comes from the urethra, like what the fuck, do the guys at hollywood piss different from the rest of people?
>>
"Let's go hang out at the mall"
>>
>>68825621
That's pretty normal
>>
gay people
>>
>>68825299
that Kramer actor is fully Christian.
>>
Person has what is at best a slightly-above minimum-wage job and lives in a fucking palace in the heart of a major city.
>>
>Young character gets in minor, doesnt get beat, retreat to room and cut self, go on to develop debilitating depression and anxiety.

Seriously?
>>
>>68825726
Even when I was in middle/high school, pretty much nobody ever did that
You went to buy shit and maybe eat or see a movie, not just goon around in the hallways for fun
>>
>>68825814
That's because you weren't a normie
>>
>>68825299
Teenage dramas rarely do anything school related correctly. Either that or I just grew up in the most boring school ever. The over use of lockers, the abundant amount of time given between classes, the cliques, and so much more just don't make sense in a modern narrative.
>>
File: kramer.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>68825516
SHUT UP
>>
People have all the lights of the house turned on at all times
>>
>>68825851
O and the depiction of high school and college parties is usually always off. It's probably due to the difficulty in finding and directing extras in the correct way, but they always seem too over the top or unbelievable.
>>
>>68825814
Not precisely hanging out in the hallways, but I used to go to the arcade, cinema and then eat something with friends, so we spent a big amount of time there.
But I grew up in a small town where there weren't a lot of things to do, so I might be that too.
>>
>>68825851
I always found it funny how no movie or show about high school ever resembles high school at all, and I went to a few
There wasn't really strong, established cliques, nor were there any stereotypical cool-guy bullies. In fact there was hardly any bullying at all
>>
>>68825928
Same with frat parties, I don't know if it's because I wasn't invited to the cool parties, but they were nothing compared to the shit you see in things like American Pie or Animal House
>>
>>68825965
The Chad jock guys were usually pretty cool and kind of nice, it was the outcast kids you had to worry about being a dick to you.
>>
>dog puts paws over eyes
>>
>>68825928
It reminds me of the movies they showed in school that tried so hard to be "hip" and connect to kids
>Shows high school party
>Kids in pastel-coloured turtlenecks dancing to eurotrash with fucking strobe lights and shit everywhere
>"Hey dude, you wanna come do drugs with us? We're found METH dude!"
>Then another kid crashes and dies driving home because he had two beers
>>
People have sex casually on first dates without crying afterward or the girl telling me to leave her feet the fuck alone
>>
File: why u do this.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
why u do this.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>68825814
I hung out at the mall with my friends every friday for two years
>that bitch who always took some fries
>>
>>68825299
>How people hang up the phone without even a goodbye or a see you later, just assuming the person you're talking to knows the conversation is over

Am I the only one who ever thought this was weird?
>>
File: tumblr_mfrnkl2JAF1qeey2qo1_500.jpg (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfrnkl2JAF1qeey2qo1_500.jpg
10 KB, 500x500
>outcast nerd who gets bullied at school
>looks like pic related
>>
>>68825998
As someone in a frat I can confirm that I've been to geed parties that were wilder than any Greek party. Most universities have taken the teeth out of Greek life so hard that the parties end up sucking ass. There's always a very strict guest list and anything can be used as an excuse to get your ass kicked off campus so you have to be really careful with what you do.
>>
>>68825299
>enormous apartment in Manhattan supported by a very low rung job
Obviously not talking about Jerry, but how tf did George afford his places? Was rent not insane in the 90s?
>>
>Character says "I love you" to wife/family member
>Other doesn't say it back
>>
>>68826188
Or
>mentions plans to go somewhere (mall, prom, dinner, etc.)
>doesn't mention time
>or where to meet
>or who's driving
>or what they'll do
>>
>>68826188
fuck no, I kind of assumed that that's how americans communicate since I'm not from the states
>>
>>68825965
jocks are actually really nice
>>
>>68826373
Movies and TV get Greek life and college horribly wrong. That party stuff you can can be true but that all depends on the school you go to. The excessive partying, drug use, and hazing is usually what you see from the movies but its not nearly as much. I find it funny when a movie shows some crazy party going on that is out of control because in reality that would be broken up really soon.

>>68825851
The only time I have seen a realistic portrayal of High School was Daria. If you want to count an animated show.
>>
File: giggling.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
giggling.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>68826131
>>
>>68826103
Especially funny are the shows that depict normal high school students whose parents ALWAYS go out of town and they have huge parties with tons of lights, lots of loud music, and a ton of drinking/drug use. There were always kids, rich, middle and poor, who regularly hosted parties, but they were never anything like that.
>>
>>68826478
Fucking this
>>
>>68825299

I want to make love to Julia Dreyfuss
>>
>>68826373
It depends on where you go. Fraternity parties, at least at the fraternity house and not an annex, are still really big at most Southern schools and a lot of the West Coast schools. Anywhere else and it's for the most part very tame.

You are right about them not being anything like what movies relate. Even the biggest party my southern fraternity threw, which had a big EDM act and easily over a thousand people, wasn't nearly the shit show that's depicted on TV and in movies.
>>
>>68825299
girls
>>
>>68825587
literally happened on Seinfeld, you failed.
>>
>>68825503
>he doesn't watch Curb Your Enthusiasm
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.