[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Constantine and I'm craving for more witty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Supernatural_Season_7_BRCover.jpg (1 MB, 1603x1856) Image search: [Google]
Supernatural_Season_7_BRCover.jpg
1 MB, 1603x1856
Just watched Constantine and I'm craving for more witty supernatural detective type stuff (fuck NBC for canceling it). This any good?
>>
File: 1456970073104.gif (443 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
1456970073104.gif
443 KB, 500x319
>>68819781
I like it, but I'm only on the 2nd season. I'm not sure why but it's not really a show that makes me want to binge watch it, I just really watch it to kill 45 minutes. Good 45 minutes though
>>
>>68819781
It's okay if you're into that kind of thing. They dive into a lot of interesting real world mythology, but it's super, super CW cheesy
>>
>>68819781
Early seasons are fucking great. Aside from some bad early 2000s CGI, it's mostly practical effects and kinda spooky (never really scary though)

I love this show but I found Constantine to be weirdly paced and truly wasting its budget. I reckon you'll have a good time with this
>>
>>68821993
Constantine is a great character, and a lot of his storylines inspired supernatural, but the series was not that great. NBC was the wrong network for the project.
>>
First 5 seasons are alright, don't bother after that though.
>>
>>68819781
>liking Constantine the show

Wow. You'll fucking love Supernatural then even the shitty seasons.
>>
I loved the first five seasons and to be honest I still watch it but after said seasons it hasn't been the same. It still kills the time though
>>
File: BIG_DUBS_4_U.jpg (11 KB, 387x272) Image search: [Google]
BIG_DUBS_4_U.jpg
11 KB, 387x272
Seasons 1-5 are absolutely incredible some real good TV
Seasons 6 and 7 are both good and bad
Season 8 onwards is really good (although it has a few bad episodes spaced out)
>>
First five seasons are great, a lot of people lose interest after that, though.
>>
>>68819781
Its much better than Constantine
>>
I'll just echo what others are saying. As someone who watched from the beginning, the first five seasons have some really well though out arcs and the storytelling is pretty good, they do a great job every season of reminding you why the events of the past seasons really matter and how connected everything is. It's also got some good humor, and since the brothers are always on the road there isn't much time for romance arcs.

Of course, the original show runner had only planned for five seasons and stayed true to himself by leaving after that, but the CW recognized it had a pretty devoted fanbase and has renewed it for at least five extra seasons, during which they've upped the fan service 10x and betrayed the motivations of the main characters. I can't remember when I dropped it, either last season or two seasons ago, but it was honestly just a chore to watch at that point and I can't recommend anything past the 5th season to anyone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.