[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT WAS HIS FUCKING PROBLEM JAMES GOT A LEGIT DEGREE FROM A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 26
File: Chuck.jpg (69 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Chuck.jpg
69 KB, 800x600
WHAT WAS HIS FUCKING PROBLEM JAMES GOT A LEGIT DEGREE FROM A LEGIT UNIVERSITY HOLY FUCK I WANT TO ELECTROCUTE THIS FUCKER ALREADY
>>
He has an unbelievable ego and image obsession
>>
Nothing. He has a very valid point.
>>
>>68819096
actually he doesn't
>>
>>68819021
He has being jelaous of Jimmy since ever. And he will use anything under his "moral" and legal zone to fuck with Jimmy.
He hates Jimmy because doesn't matter how hard he tries, Jimmy is always the spotlight
Full lawful evil
>>
Chuck a fuck
>>
>>68819459
Aye, Jimmy managing to make chucks wife laugh like crazy at the dinner is a crucial scene to understand their relationship i think.

Chuck claims its his morals, but its actually jealousy.
>>
>>68819459
i'd agree. jimmy always took the easy way and managed to get somewhere, while for chuck it probably took decades. plus he's just obsessed and probably somewhat crazy.
>>
They're both faggots
>>
>>68819021
Jimmy sails through life breaking every rule that gets in his way and people like him. Chuck works his ass off his whole life, plays by the rules and ends up unloved and with a severe mental illness.
>>
>>68819021

this second season would have been better if all the episode we all available at once, binge watching this in 2 days must be a hell of a ride or either way more enjoyable imo
>>
>>68819096
Chuck pls
>>
>that anticlimactic finale
I'm still mad
>>
>>68822708

>>68822708

Agree. I binge watched eps 6-10 of S2 and enjoyed it.
>>
>>68821690

He is allergic t electricity you dickhead dont you even watch the show?
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 258x196
>>68821690
I DON'T NEED SAFETY GLOVES CAUSE I'M SLIPPIN JIM-
>>
File: 1461605703298.jpg (9 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1461605703298.jpg
9 KB, 262x263
>mfw the ultimate twist is going to be that chuck dies and it turns out he really DID have the exact condition that he was worried about all along
>>
more like le shit
>>
File: 1455139908407.png (382 KB, 565x508) Image search: [Google]
1455139908407.png
382 KB, 565x508
>>68825418
>>
>>68825424
Electrical autism can't be a real illness.

You do realize your body needs electricity for the action potential of nerve cells, right? It is literally impossible to avoid.
>>
>>68819021
Chuck is the nerd in high school that thinks he should be popular because he is a hall monitor and got good grades.

Chuck is Lisa Simpson.
>>
So the main reason he's a dick is because his dying mom didn't say his name?
>>
>>68825740
He's a dick because Jimmy is funnier and more liked than he is.
>>
Jimmy's a crook, Chuck doesn't want a crook working at his law firm. Also sibling jealousy, Jimmy's the baby of the family and got the attention because he was always getting into mischief. Chuck being a straight arrow in life meant his parents worried a lot less about him and thus without even realizing it ignored him.
>>
>>68825822
Jimmy could've cucked Chuck if he wanted to.
>>
>>68825659
Chuck has done everything right his whole life but people love Jimmy over him. You try coming to terms with what happened with his mother's death bed.
>>
>>68825650

From what my mom, who grew up with my schizophrenic grandmother, tells me schizophrenics tend to have a paranoia about machines and electricity which depending on the extent of their illness can range from just an unnatural but still bearable paranoia to being deathly afraid of any electrical device.

So, my best guess at this point is that Jimmy will eventually have Chuck committed.
>>
>>68825861
This. Chuck recognizes that Jimmy's criminal behavior threatens the long term security of his career and Kim's.

This bullshit is just like when people claimed Walt was a good father and providing for his family. Jimmy literally committed fraud by preying on his mentally ill brother and CHUCK is the bad guy

The irony is, I am more of a Jimmy.
>>
>>68825906
But Chuck was fine up to a certain point in his life.

What triggered his sensitivity to electricity?

Also the nurse at the hospital proved it was purely placebo.
>>
>>68825883

>Chuck has done everything right his whole life

Oh, please, keeping your brother from making something more of himself, purposely keeping him down, lying to him, creating friction between him and his friends and manipulating your friends to spite him, while still receiving the benefits of your not-so-perfect brother's kindness at that, is hardly what I'd call doing everything right.

The only reason Chuck is committed to "the law" is because it gives him a convenient excuse to act high and mighty. But I'm pretty sure he's already broken a shit load Commandments at this point.
>>
>>68825883
Maybe Chuck should try having some fucking charisma?
>>
>>68826030
As someone who experienced similar hypochondriasis, it's generally less about being sick and more about being right. As long as the delusion is internally consistent it can have a frightful effect on your life.
>>
>>68826088
I cringed hard when he tried to tell his own lawyer joke to his wife later in the episode when Jimmy had left.
>>
>>68826030
>But Chuck was fine up to a certain point in his life.
>
>What triggered his sensitivity to electricity?
Anything really or even nothing. Mental Illness can strike at any time.
We never find out what happened to his wife(I think) so she either left him or died which could have triggered it.

I think Chuck is basically a hikki.
>>
>>68826030
>What triggered his sensitivity to electricity?

Maybe Jimmy getting that online degree made him afraid of the internet and it just spiraled down from there.

>Also the nurse at the hospital proved it was purely placebo.

Right, but Chuck is already displaying signs of real mental illness, enough that the doctor suggested Jimmy have him committed back in Season 1. Jimmy of course still feels a need to help Chuck himself and spare him the looney bin. But when Chuck either tries to sue Jimmy or blackmail him next season with the tape, Jimmy's only defense might be to throw Chuck in the nuthouse.
>>
I want to Chuck get crushed. I mean really destroyed. Every time him and Jimmy have been in a fight Jimmy always held back because he knows how fragile his mental stability is. But fuck his mental health, I hope he gets to put him in his place sometime soon.
>>
>>68826139
>>68826164
Jesus, that sounds awful.

I am thankful I have had no mental health problems (yet), my gf has anxiety which makes doing the simplest shit like going shopping a complete chore.
>>
>>68826144
Yeah that was pretty painful.

But he could ask Jimmy for some advice on how to be funnier and more charming. If his giant ego wasn't in the way.
>>
Once Jimmy got a law degree Chuck lost the ability to feel superior to his brother. In a way Chuck is jealous of Jimmy and resents himself for feeling it. Chuck's world would be normal if he was the prestigious lawyer and Jimmy was a used car salesman, but instead his cockroach of a brother has invaded his sacred world of law and has advanced to an almost equal level. Not only that, people like Jimmy.

Remember when he Jimmy was over for dinner, Chuck warned his wife that she may find him annoying, but instead she loved his jokes. Later, when Chuck tried to tell her the same joke, she was just "meh." And when their mother was dying, Chuck was alone in the room after Jimmy stepped out for sandwiches and their mother woke up for a moment and called out to Jimmy before dying. Even though Chuck was at her side and telling her that he was there, her last words were calling out to his brother.

He has every reason to hate Jimmy because Jimmy is better liked, trivialises the law that Chuck treats almost like a religion, and Chuck just has this attitude that Jimmy doesn't deserve any success because he's a peasant.
>>
>>68820799

and their mom calling out jimmy before she died and not him when he was in the room is part of it too

jealous as fuck
>>
>>68826229
>the tape
Could that even hold up in court? It is literally word against word and Jimmy could easily explain his "confession" to be a way to help Chuck not going even more insane.
I'm pretty sure recording a conversation without consent is illegal too.
>>
>>68826247
Don't worry Jim will make him a sandwich then kill him to death with his iPhone

>CAN'T YOU FEEL IT AGAINST YOUR CHEST CHUCK?
>ANGRY BIRD IS STOPPING YOUR HEART!
>>
>>68821406
This.
>>
>>68826362
>I'm pretty sure recording a conversation without consent is illegal too.

What? So cops putting wires on informants to catch out criminals is illegal?
>>
>>68826519
Chuck isn't a police officer though.
>>
>>68819021
Legit or not he's a cunt for stealing the case either way and deserved to get screwed over, and he organically can't stand Jimmy because he's got the charm he never had. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>68826519
A judge has to authorize it
Didn't you watch Better Call Mcnulty?
>>
File: fried.webm (3 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
fried.webm
3 MB, 1000x1000
Yfw his character ark ends like this
>>
>>68826553
>>68826592
Fair enough.

>Didn't you watch Better Call Mcnulty?

No but I watched True Romance yesterday :^)
>>
Its an allegory guys.

Chuck is federal govt

Saul is capitalism
>>
>>68826718
Its an allegory

Saul is Reddit

Chuck is /tv/

Kim is /sp/
>>
>>68826802
So /sp/ loves Reddit, then?
>>
>>68826867
other way around desu
>>
>>68819459
While Chuck's primary motivator for screwing Jimmy over is definitely jealousy, I think there is slightly more to it than that. Chuck's claim that Jimmy is like an alcoholic wrt his scamming and hustling is 100%, and Chuck knows it. His brother is able to effortlessly win over the trust of people who make Chuck, who is comparatively far more trustworthy, work hard to earn that trust over time. This drives him nuts because to him it feels like his brother is being directly rewarded for evil behavior and taking shortcuts. Chuck, due to his worldview, sees everything about Jimmy as cosmically unjust, and this adds fuel to the fire of his underlying feelings of simple jealousy.
>>
>>68826004

I think comparing Walt and Jimmy is kind of a stretch.

Walt cooked and sold a destructive drug of an even more destructive potency than had ever been seen.

I feel like Jimmy really does want to help people and be a good lawyer, but sometimes feels you gotta break or stretch a couple rules to help the little guy against the corporate and government forces who themselves use complicated laws as more of a smokescreen for their own crimes. He's a silver tongued con-man who's trying to put some of those talents to a good use. Chuck is basically a corporate lawyer who puts on airs about "people getting hurt" by not following the sacred law of New Mexico (as if it was some sort of divine shariah or something) but that's not really the way American law works. American law is designed not so much for moral ends but for pragmatism's sake. Not only that, but Chuck in that episode where he convinces Mesa Verde to stay demonstrates exactly what you kinda have to do in the world of competitive law, which isn't exactly being an honest joe.
>>
File: 1436148543170.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1436148543170.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>68826669
this is how breaking bad should've ended
>>
File: Spinal Tap.jpg (133 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Spinal Tap.jpg
133 KB, 640x352
>>68819021
STONEHENGE, WHERE THE DEMONS DWELL
WHERE THE BANSHEES LIVE AND THEY DO LIVE WELL
>>
>>68822708
I waited for all episodes of S02 to come out before watching and it was boring as hell
>>
The sad thing is that while Chuck is jealous of Jimmy, Jimmy idolizes Chuck.
>>
he did it first and better but when jimmy does it everyone pays more attention to jimmy

this is the sort of shit bcs fags defend
>>
>>68827639
>he did it first and better but when jimmy does it everyone pays more attention to jimmy

That's like 4chan complaining when Reddit/9GAG/Facebook steals their memes.
>>
>>68827381
Jimmy's biggest flaw is that he can't see the larger picture. He gets so fixated on what he feels is the right course of action that he fails to take into account the complex web of cause and effect that his actions are a small part of. This is exemplified in the commercial that got him in trouble at the law firm he worked at. Even after the partners explained to him why the small benefit they received from the commercial was vastly outweighed by the liabilities and the loss of face from airing such a sleazy advert, Jimmy just couldn't wrap his head around what they were talking about. He was locked on to this myopic view that getting more people signed on to the class action suit by any means necessary was ipso facto a good thing, not able or willing to consider if the damage done in the process sabotaged the original goal
>>
>>68827497

Chuck is way more evil than Jimmy at this point it's not even funny.

1. Take advantage of Jimmy's concern for his brother while secretly working against him
2. Takes advantage of Howard by forcing he and Jimmy to be enemies because he's not man enough to say what he feels to Jimmy's face
4. Fires Jimmy simply for wanting to do something more than delivering mail and coffee.
5. Allows Howard to unfairly punish Kim for something that was not her fault just to spite her for believing in Jimmy
6. Lies to Jimmy about their mom
7. Tries to turn Kim against Jimmy using half-truths
8. Accuses Jimmy of only wanting to torment him despite how much Jimmy has gone out of his way to help Chuck through his electricity crisis
9. Does #8 and then takes advantage of Jimmy's concern for his brother not but a few days later

Fuck this guy, seriously
>>
>>68827708

With the commercial, I still feel like Jimmy didn't really do anything wrong, and that the partners were just being close-minded and were too stuck up to realize how detached they are. Certainly Jimmy breached protocol a little, but he didn't exactly break any laws or do anything morally wrong. Jimmy's problem is that the people he's dealing with in the world of law aren't exactly ordinary folk, they're stiff necked lawyers who love protocol for the sake of it but don't realize how this makes it harder for them to relate to the common people.

Jimmy can relate to the common man because of his background, which is why all the old people kept asking for him, because he doesn't walk around clenching his butt cheeks super tight. And other people can't really understand that, so they think there's something wrong with him, when they're the ones who have the problem.

Even when Jimmy breaks the law, the people who get hurt are usually those who have it coming, like the Kettlemans or the skaters that it can be said that Jimmy's less than legal intervention ultimately makes sure these people get their just desserts.
>>
>>68828295
Pretty much all big firms/companies are that paranoid about protocol and taking any risk that hasn't gone through 100 layers of management before being approved. They are stuck up and stifling of individual initiative because they have to be to thrive at that scale. Jimmy fails working for them because he thinks on a smaller scale, and because the impositions on his freedom and initiative seem from his pov to be completely arbitrary and nonsensical, even though they really are critical to the survival of any large entity in the marketplace
>>
File: based howard greenberg.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
based howard greenberg.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>68828611

While that might be true to a certain extent, there is some arbitrariness to the people Jimmy interacts with. In the case of the commercial, the main complaint was that the commercial felt too plebian not that it wasn't effective and Jimmy really couldn't understand that, but then most people probably wouldn't were they in Jimmy's position because the average viewer is the kind of person Jimmy is directing such a commercial towards.

Really, everyone knows there's at least two type of (good) lawyers out there, the lawyers who make it their business to help out the average joe who is not that bright and doesn't understand all this complicated legal stuff and just wants a guy who can get the job done and speak to them in a common vernacular.

And the big shot, lawyers who probably went to a big expensive school on a scholarship or a trust fund and appeal more to the bourgeois.

I think both have their place in society, but Jimmy's main problem which he's only just realized is he's not a Howard type of lawyer. If Howard or Chuck are mimes, Jimmy's a good old fashioned circus clown. If Chuck and Howard are high class entertainers, Jimmy runs a penny arcade. Chuck and Howard are the kinds of guys who meet with their clients at expensive restaurants serving expensive champagne. Jimmy is the kind of guy who feels more comfortable talking legal strategy with his clients over a pint and a sub-sandwich as they both watch the game at his favorite bar.
>>
He's petty and jealous. For all his success he doesn't have his brothers charisma and he hates him for it. The lawyer stuff especially as he sees himself as having worked hard to get where he is only for Jimmy to slide on in to the same position via his charm and bullshit.

>>68825424
>>68825650
It is a real condition but it's a mental problem. People who have electromagnetic hypersensitivity do show real symptoms but they are all things like headaches and muscle pain and the symptoms can be brought on by fake stimulation. No one who suffers from it can actually detect EM radiation and only react if they think they are being exposed.
>>
File: mr green.jpg (145 KB, 986x700) Image search: [Google]
mr green.jpg
145 KB, 986x700
What if Chuck's entire illness is a scam to wear down Jimmy and get him in a vulnerable position to finally get lock him up along with a bunch of other criminals?
>>
>>68831703

>turns out Chuck was the biggest con-man of them all

pottery
>>
>>68826362
It's legal in texas, dunno about new mexico, though. It's called one party consent. My buddy went through a rough divorce and his lawyer recommended an app that records all his phone conversations.
>>
>>68819021

First, he's all very polite kind of guy. Doesn't thing that people who take short cuts deserve to win in life.

Second, he has alot of mother issues. Even so Jimmy start being a crook at young age, father and mother always loved him best. That pissed Chuck big time.

For example, when mother died at hospital. She asked for Jimmy before she died. Even so Chuck was only one near bed while Jimmy went take food.

Sometimes I really understand Chuck. Others, he just pisses me off because he can't let it go. He spends rest of his days with a personal vendetta towards his brother. Even so Jimmy is a crook, he still cares for what is left of his family. Chuck take it as advantage for is vandetta.
>>
File: 1411430674546.jpg (34 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1411430674546.jpg
34 KB, 499x281
Jimmy is the kind of person who is unable to see the bigger picture. He does things without thinking it all the way through and that can get people hurt. Take the Mesa Verde sabotage its entirely possible they lost a lot of money and possibly had to lay people off or refrain from hiring people they otherwise might have. Jimmy is a bit like Walt where he'll do things for other people without asking them if that's what they wanted and in the end was kinda just for himself.

Chuck on the other hand is in some ways worse if not in outcome than philosophically. Because for all of Jimmy's lying and general sleaziness he's practical and doesn't do things with the sole intention of hurting others. Chuck takes advantage of the fact that other people care about him in order to get what is effectively revenge. And he's unable to admit to himself that a certain degree of his hounding of Jimmy is his vindictiveness both for what Jimmy represents and the effect he's had on Chuck's life
>>
>>68819021
He's basically the definition of a cuckold. What else do you need to feel like a little-dicked fuck willing to fuck his little brother's life over anything?
>>
>>68819021
>dick cheese burger
>>
Yes, yes, Chuck is jealous of Jimmy.

You'll notice, though, Chuck still cares about Jimmy - he's still there for him when need be.

Someone made the comparison of Jimmy to Walt, but really the comparison is Walt to Chuck.

Walt's ultimate sole motivating factor in BB was his pride. After his life turning out to be shitty in every regard, he found something he was good at - despite being a bad thing - and proceeded to do it even after he didn't need the money. He took pride in his work - which became his downfall.

Chuck- he's prideful, but about his legacy. He has this 'painful' mental disorder, his wife died (or left him), his self reliance is midling at best, he needs all these people to do things for him - but he doesn't care. His reputation and legacy as a lawyer is still pristine - until Jimmy becomes a lawyer.

Now there is another McGill, one with a sleazy past, and will HIGHLY likely do something illegal in the future, and publicly and permanently tarnish the McGill name. Chuck loves his brother, but he loves his reputation and legacy more.

Chuck will eventually pull some kind of leverage or legal action against Jimmy and force him to change his name, so the McGill legacy remains in tact - and Chuck willingly accepts all the consequences that go with it, namely, losing his last family member.
>>
>>68821406
>faglock detected
>>
>>68825397
Do you? It's heavily implied to all be in his head.
Especially the first time he is put in the hospital
>>
>>68819021
Jimmy's unethical, embezzling money from your parent's store among other cons he's gotten legally in trouble for should prohibit him from being a member of the New Mexico bar.
>>
He's senile and paranoid as shit, did you not see him covered by an aluminium foil blanket and covering his house with said foil?

Clearly a crazy man
>>
YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

WHO GIVES A SHIT

WHAT DID THE SWITCH DO?????????????

GOD FUCKING DAMNNNNN
>>
>>68819096
this desu
>>
>>68825424
they put his ass in a catscan and all he did was zone out for a few hours
>>
>>68835941
Not even "heavily implied", it was explicitly stated
>>
File: 1461788522848.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461788522848.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>68837256
>>
>>68827381
>Walt cooked and sold a destructive drug of an even more destructive potency than had ever been seen.
>it's the meths fault I'm an addict!
>>
>>68841393

He also murdered a few people.
>>
File: 1458842339191.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
1458842339191.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>68841393
>addiction isn't real, it's all willpower
>they do it to themselves, they deserve to die in a hole
>>
>>68825418
Good hustle
>>
File: 1398646527045.jpg (550 KB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
1398646527045.jpg
550 KB, 2250x1800
who's true neutral?
>>
>>68843016
that seems a bit off
>>
File: f1461833666690.jpg (476 KB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
f1461833666690.jpg
476 KB, 2250x1800
>>68843016
ftfy
>>
>>68843016
>>68843319
using D&D allignments for eveything is one of my least favorite means
>>
>>68843016
Move Mike to true neutral, Jimmy to chaotic neutral.

Chuck is lawful evil, and DINGDINGDING is neutral evil.
>>
>>68819459
His mum called out for Jimmy as she took her last breath. Chuck is jealous. Jimmy made Chuck's wife laugh like nothing else.
>>
>>68843016

If anything, Nacho is the most neutral neutral character on this show.
>>
>>68843319
>>68845836
isnt the *ding*man lawful evil with all his la familia codex and honor rules?
>>
>>68843016
Chuck is Lawful Evil, Hector is Neutral Evil and Howard is True Neutral.
>>
what is a good example of True Neutral anyway?
>>
>>68826346
Oh yeah this big time
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 556x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 556x640
>>68827419
the bigger the cushion
the sweeter the pushin'
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 325x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 325x378
>>68843016
>>
File: kreia.jpg (865 KB, 980x1436) Image search: [Google]
kreia.jpg
865 KB, 980x1436
>>68846335
>>
>>68846669
I miss this guy tBh
steadily bringing the keks
>>
File: 1433874083352.jpg (189 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
1433874083352.jpg
189 KB, 1300x867
OUT OF MY WAY ELECTRIC SHITS
>>
What the fuck was the deal with his wife? The scene did it's job but you can't just not explain why she suddenly stopped existing.
>>
>>68846899
what do you mean? it was a flash back from when Jimmy still worked in the mail room
we don't know what happened to her
>>
File: 1458014983852.png (799 KB, 900x690) Image search: [Google]
1458014983852.png
799 KB, 900x690
>>68846899
isn't that pretty self explanatory?
>>
>>68826400
>>>ANGRY BIRD IS STOPPING YOUR HEART!
fuck
>>
Is Kim cool with Jimmy being Jimmy now? Or did just want Jimmy to tie up possible loose ends. Seems to me that Kim really enjoyed pulling those little scams and is coming around to Jimmy's way of doing things.
>>
File: that's questions.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
that's questions.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
>the law is sacred!

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>68847209
I don't think she'll ever participate, but I think she's fine with looking the other way and laughing about it as long as she isn't associated with him professionally.
>>
>>68847209
she seems to change on a dime

i dont understand the character
>>
>>68843016
Feel like Jimmy is Chaotic Neutral.

Or Nacho. Mike has his own personal code so I don't really see him as Chaotic.
>>
File: micolash 3.png (168 KB, 542x520) Image search: [Google]
micolash 3.png
168 KB, 542x520
>it's a "Mike had to find some guy's baseball cards" episode
I still can't believe this happened.
>>
>>68847244
seems about right

>>68847245
the only time she's really objected is when it's been work related
>>
>how dare jimmy break the law
>breaks the law by recording him without consent

bravo
>>
>>68819021

Jimmy got his degree from a dodgy as fuck university and certainly never put in the work to deserve to be a lawyer. If you fail the bar multiple times, I'm sorry but you're not ready.

All of Chuck's suspicions about Jimmy prove to be correct, over and over again. Even when Chuck has no involvement at all with Jimmy's life, Jimmy still chooses to fuck everything up.

If Chuck had been a "good brother" and risked his law firm's reputation by hiring Jimmy he would be a total idiot. Jimmy is bad news and would tank everything he spent years to create.

You're all just cucks that see it through the lens of the protagonist.
>>
>>68847299
>breaks the law by recording him without consent
that's illegal?
>>
>>68847300
You're forgetting that Jimmy is also a pretty good guy. He's not evil, he just doesn't play it by the book like Chuck.

>If Chuck had been a "good brother" and risked his law firm's reputation by hiring Jimmy he would be a total idiot
Not the point. Chuck lied and manipulated to keep Jimmy down. If he was just honest with him, and maybe let Jimmy on as a lower level employee non of this would be happening. Chuck basically set Jimmy loose by kicking him away from his lawfirm.
>>
>>68837075
Chuck covering his house in foil was a ruse to trick Jimmy into confessing on tape though.
>>
>>68847339
>>68847299
I mean, he was in his own home. I think he can record anything he wants in that case. but I don't know shit about this.
>>
why are you guys discussing so many intricate character interactions? i thought this was the show where literally nothing happens?
>>
File: 5252-crying-black-man.gif (688 KB, 320x246) Image search: [Google]
5252-crying-black-man.gif
688 KB, 320x246
>>68819021
I honestly felt really bad for him when the mother called for Jimmy when he was the only one there.
>>
>>68846988
>NTR
Bravo
>>
>>68846213
>>68845836
>>68846120
>>68846285
>>68847248
society's rules =/= personal code
EVERYONE has some kind of code of conduct and no one's matches up exactly with anyone else's. That's why this shit doesn't work in the real world, there are more than 2 ways to look at the world.

Literally speaking, all career criminals are lawless and a character who's never broken the law is lawful. That's the only objective way to apply this.
>>
>>68842134
>if the consequences of my actions are bad enough they suddenly stop being my actions!
Are you on drugs right now?
>>
>>68819021
Jimmy is a good persons who breaks the rules.
Chuck is a bad person who follows the rules.

Jimmy is Chaotic Good.
Chuck is Lawful Evil.
>>
>>68847299
New Mexico is a one party consent state, dipshit.
>>
>>68819021
Hypochondriacs are always fucked up people with shit personality disorders.
>>
>>68848750
>USA only sells weapons to terrorists, they are not responsible for what they do with them!
>>
>Work in profession that is built on the foundation that anyone can be rehabilitated and redeemed
>Don't believe this of your own brother

Petty fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>68847390
>not evil

Of course, few people are. He's still a cunt.

>Not the point. Chuck lied and manipulated to keep Jimmy down. If he was just honest with him, and maybe let Jimmy on as a lower level employee non of this would be happening. Chuck basically set Jimmy loose by kicking him away from his lawfirm.

Even when Chuck let Jimmy go, like he did when Jimmy joined Davis & Main... Jimmy still fucked it up.
>>
File: 1461426094442.png (497 KB, 850x742) Image search: [Google]
1461426094442.png
497 KB, 850x742
>it's a jimmyfag thread
>>
>>68819021
have you acually seen the show? His brother is basically a con man with a law degree, he didn't want that kind of lawyer on his firm, what's the problem?
>>
>>68826718
That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Are you implying that the Federal Government doesn't operate under the umbrella of Capitalism?
Do you understand government?
>>
>>68819021
It's not a "legit" degree. It's from shit-ass online school that barely has accreditation.

His brother is trying to run a business, not a fucking circus.
>>
>>68819021

SLIPPIN JIMMY WITH A LAW DEGREE?

THATS LIKE OP IN A DRAGON DILDO WAREHOUSE!
>>
>>68851011
>>68850605
>>
If Chuck had let Jimmy into HHM during Sand Piper, would he still follow the rules?

He took a bribe from the accountant, pulled the billboard stunts while he was supposed to be 'straight'

I think it's in Jimmy's nature to see the most effective path and take it. He doesn't care about maintaining any prestigious image or following the letter of the law if he knows something will work.

Chuck was right to deny him into HHM because he's right about Jimmy no matter how noble Jimmy's intentions.
>>
>>68851793
Maybe if he given him the chance he would have grown more used to their way of working. Instead he chose to lie and made Howard his scapegoat.
Chuck is partially responsible for Jimmy choosing to work with loose ethics.
>>
>>68851881
Chuck has an inferiority complex with Jimmy however strange that seems. It's Chuck's own flaw that he couldn't stand up to Jimmy face-to-face. Even in season two the meeting with Mesa Verde and the audio recorder were sly moves behind Jimmy's back to fuck him up.
>>
>>68819021

Did you actually watch the show? He bailed Jimmy out of Prison once and still he keeps doing felonies all the time. Jimmy is a full blooded criminal and Chuck knows this thus the disapproval.
>>
File: 1461079043323.webm (626 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1461079043323.webm
626 KB, 720x404
arghhhghhhhghhhhh
>>
>>68843319
Kim is Neutral good though.
>>
>>68847245
>she seems to change on a dime

>i dont understand the character

That's women in general dude. They don't need a reason to change their opinion - their hormones do it for them.

Example:

>Tell your girlfriend one day she has a nice ass and slap it real good
>She likes this and you have some good sex that night

Another day

>Tell girlfriend she has a nice ass and slap it
>She gets mad, asks you if you think she's fat and tells you she doesn't want to be treated like a piece of meat
>You watch TV silently that night and she goes to bed angry at you and stays mad about it for a few more days until something else pisses her off.
>>
>>68826030
Schizophrenia can appear later in life, usually it's a gradual process though. The electricity thing is a delusion, and the physical 'symptoms' he feels when exposed to electricity are a type of hallucination- not as common as auditory or visual but still a type of hallucination- sensory experience that isn't really there.
>>
>>68829162
My impression was that the issue with the commercial was that he acted without discussing it first, on top of the material not reflecting the image whatshisface wanted for his firm.
>>
Can't believe there's this much pro-Jimmy sentiment here. He's a criminal and dragging Kim down with him. He deserves to be disbarred.
>>
>>68826082
Not to mention the law is the basket where he placed all his eggs in an attempt to permanently elevate himself above Jimmy. Slippin Jimmy may be the life of a party but a guy like him could never become a lawyer right? And then he does. The thought of him being a more successful lawyer plus everything else is what's driving Chuck crazy, even that electricity phobia is a manifestation of it.
>>
>>68825878
Who says he didn't?

We only saw his wife once.
>>
>>68852327
Fuckin kek
>>
>>68826030
Watching Jimmy fuck the shit out of his wife the right way probably triggered him
>>
File: 1449220862749.jpg (172 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449220862749.jpg
172 KB, 1124x1024
>>68819021
There is no point in feeling anything towards Chuck.
They will come up with a valid, relateable reason why Chuck acts the way he acts before they remove his character from the show. Probably in season 4 or 5.
It will come in a form of a flashback.
>Whoa Jimmy did what?
>It all makes sense now.
Mark my words.
>>
>>68819021
He fucked his wife

That's why we call it Better Cuck Chuck
>>
>>68849778
Should we start locking up bartenders for the existence of alcoholics while we're at it? How's about we send all the executives at the major car companies to prison for all the deaths that happens on the roads? Where exactly is this ridiculous chain of logic meant to end?
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.