[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any movies like Kindgom of Heaven? Preferably minus the anti-christian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1460119225030.jpg (124 KB, 1000x516) Image search: [Google]
1460119225030.jpg
124 KB, 1000x516
Any movies like Kindgom of Heaven? Preferably minus the anti-christian stuff but whatever
>>
>>68817174
>minus the anti-christian stuff
Try something not made in Hollywood.
>>
>>68817174
It is anti war, while still being pro chivalry. It is certainly not anti-christian although it might be slightly anti religion. I think your problem with this movie is that while it has classically evil and good characters it does not have an evil vs a good side. Whatever facts stated about the atrocities during the christian conquest are at least partially true. Those were dark times when horrendous crimes by today's standard were considered normal, but if you identify with the crusaders, please kill yourself.
>>
>>68817174
>Christ-fag status confirmed

wew
>>
>>68817992
No I like it's ambiguity. I dislike the bishop being the least christian bishop ever including telling the people to deny christ to save their lives. If you don't see how this movie is anti-christian please kill yourself
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

Might as well pick something from that.
>>
>>68817992
The problem is it portrays Islamist conquerors as fair, while painting the crusaders as just a bunch of dicks.
>>
>>68818171
>reddit status confirmed
wew
>>
>>68817174
>not anti-Christian

Uh Warcraft movie might be more up your alley. It has the fantasy elements you're looking for
>>
>>68818235
Yeah, I hate this anti crusader meme.
>>
Ridley went anti-Christian with Kingdom because a couple years previous he made Black Hawk Down, which portrays Muslims as savages.

So I'd imagine his treatment of Christians in Kingdom was to even the score a bit.
>>
>>68818171

Anti-Christian stuff is hack.
>>
>>68818250
>the virgin mary
fucking heretic get out
>>
>>68818207
You're just like feminist looking for things to offend you ion places there are none. I clearly stated that in the movie there are good and bad characters as such there are good christians (Balian, his father and the leper King) and bad christians (Reynald, Mr "In France this would not inherit" and the bishop). There are also good muslims (Sallahdin) and bad muslims (Mr "You shall wage war or not be king for long", sallahdin is even the worse man than any of the good christians I mentioned because he wants war regardless and the good christians want peace. So I do not see where you get that the movie is anti christian from, there is a line in the movie something like this: "I have seen all kinds of madness and evil done in the name of RELIGION", NOT christianity, but RELIGION. M8, you see what you are looking for, and you look to be butthurt about something desperately and make a fool of yourself. The Christians were not more moral as a society than the Muslims, and the Christians invaded Levant and sacked and raped the city of Jerusalem, it is a historical fact, in comparison it is way worse than anything Sallahadin ever did to Christians and this is mentioned in the movie, so? Maybe you think the Christians should be glorified instead?
>>
>>68819118
good try anon but jesus told him the movie was anti-christian
>>
>>68818235
It was not fairness. it was strategy and politics. I'm tired of people exercising the very same retardation they speak against.
>>
>>68817992
>>68819229
this and this

You can tell the freaks that piss and moan that it's anti-xstian are religious fucks themselves.
>>
>>68818671
>virgin mary
>heresy
What fucking cult are you?
>>
>>68817174
I thought the whole point of this movie was how dumb the crusades were?
>>
>>68819373
Protestant, Calvinist, the list goes on
>>
>>68819454
You should read the bible sometimes
>>
"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. I've seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

-Jerusalem worth?
-Nothing, Everything!
As in, it has no strategical value, all those men dead by the sword for the chance at the vanity of calling a city by a certain name yours.
>>
>>68819118
>>68819365
Nigga the bishop was by far the worst character in the movie and the only one willing to deny his faith to save his ass. Orlando literally replies with "Thanks your holiness you taught me a lot about religion". If you can't see how this is anti-religious your either retarded or willfully ignorant. Both fits atheists and redditors alike.

>using the word x-tian unironically
>say I prefer a movie without anti-christian stuff
>freaks that piss and moan
While you get so triggered about a christian you rush to the defense of a fucking movie
>>
>>68819423
So? Still an aesthetically pleasing time-piece
>>
>>68819798
>anon says movie is anti religious, not anti Christian
>Christfag anon replies NUH UH look how anti religious this quote is
Nigga....
>>
>>68819798
You are a newfag. Leave.
>>
File: 1461620273468.jpg (109 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461620273468.jpg
109 KB, 640x360
>>68819798
>thanks your holiness you taught me a lot about religion
>you taught me a lot about religion
>about religion
>religion

not christianity
>>
>>68820633
>christianity
>not a religion
>>
File: 1454210980120.jpg (31 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
1454210980120.jpg
31 KB, 500x228
>>68820633
>>68820712
the original point was that the movie is anti-religion, not specifically anti-christianity, than that anon brings up a quote that criticizes religion in general and acts as if it directed at christianity only

how did you not get this?
>>
>>68820712
>it's a Christfag can't stop conflating things because his religion is taking up too much brainpower thread
>>
>>68820846
I didn't say it's directed at christianity only but it's uttered by the bishop of all men not just A christian but the ambassador of christianity. And the muslims get clearly less heat from the movie. You just try to be uppity about anything my op just says minus the anti-christian stuff which triggered you so hard that you can't admit that this movie has a stong bias against christianity. That it incorporates this into it's stance against religion/religious violence doesn't change that. And for all it's worth what is your problem?
>>
>>68819365
Nope, I'm an atheist, but I'd rather hang out with Christians than Muslims, or even other atheists.
>>
>>68819118
This is a good post. It should be also noted that Saladin was respected by his Christian contemporaries, so portraying him in a not-evil light is very understandable.

As for the op, I'd recommend Arn and Ironclad.
>>
File: 1457007289206.png (2 MB, 1137x2331) Image search: [Google]
1457007289206.png
2 MB, 1137x2331
>>68821210
I think the theme of the movie is the separation of faith and religion, we see people who are deeply christian/filled with faith
>>68819776
>I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. I've seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves
+what saladin says to balian regarding the whole "i'll destroy the holy places" comment

but anti-religion, not-dogmatic, while the bad guys, while also christian/muslim, are dogmatic - "this would not inherit in france"/"deus vult"

so basically, to me it seems that the movie is implying that faith = good, religion/dogma = bad
>>
Erm guys. You's do realise ridley scott purposefully makes Pro-religious films?

KoH being second to Prometheus on being pro-faith.

it's pretty much the only common theme he has in all his films. even his good early stuff
>>
File: unlimited meems.jpg (42 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
unlimited meems.jpg
42 KB, 500x496
>>68821660
>being a MUH MONGOLIANS meme man

Poor form lad
>>
File: 1457435016461.jpg (288 KB, 730x621) Image search: [Google]
1457435016461.jpg
288 KB, 730x621
>>68821848
its just a pic I saved cause I find it amusing, I am absolutely not one of the muh-mongols memers
>>
>>68821936
Good lad
>>
>>68821641
>As for the op, I'd recommend Arn and Ironclad
Thanks pham
>>
>>68821641
>It should be also noted that Saladin was respected by his Christian contemporaries
Not really. He was respected after his death as a good Muslim and by Westerners later for being a noble pagan.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.