[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joel or Mike?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mst3k.jpg (33 KB, 510x283) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.jpg
33 KB, 510x283
Joel or Mike?
>>
File: BaMg9VRCcAAmVPc.png (72 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
BaMg9VRCcAAmVPc.png
72 KB, 318x470
>>68816374
Each have their own qualities that bring something unique to their respective episodes.

I love both of them, but Mike is my favorite. He was really the brains behind the whole operation anyways. Plus, I fucking hate how Joel is trying to reboot the series. Let it die, man. It had its run and it was perfect. Just....let it go.
>>
>>68816374
i remember Space Ghost once said on his show, "why even have a human there, just make the show with the two robots" or something like that
>>
Mike, better banter and the show really picked up in its final few seasons with him. Joel era was a lot of complete snoozers from the 50s that get boring even with the riffs, Mike era had bad 70-80s movies that are funny on their own already. It makes things more enjoyable
>>
>>68816493
Probably because it was relevant to the plot.

Also, Space Ghost is a fucking retard.
>>
>>68816455
Basically this.

Joel is clearly the creator and his aloof and lackadaisical interaction with the show itself, as a character within it really show that. When he left, the show moved away from dull, slow stoner comedy to a much punchier production with faster, smarter and stronger riffs.

I mean, I respect Joel and some of his episodes are my favorites, but he was a boat anchor around the show's neck, and he left the show at exactly the right time.
>>
Mike 100% of the way.

He's way, way funnier. And a better actor.
>>
>>68816455
I don't understand how he expects it to be successful when anybody who wants a dose of shitting on bad movies has 200 existing MST episodes, dozens of Rifftrax, RLM, and podcasts like We Hate Movies/Your Movie Sucks that can shit out episodes in an afternoon. Why spend all this money for a show that banks on nostalgia for a series you quit 20 years ago? It's transparent and sort of pathetic
>>
Joike
>>
>>68817023
They tried Cinematic Titanic and it didn't soar through the clouds as they thought it would.
>>
File: joike.png (274 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
joike.png
274 KB, 500x391
>>68816374
>Joel or Mike?
Yes.

The thing is, the writing got progressively funnier with each season, so it's only natural that Mike's run was the funniest. But I liked both of them as individuals.
>>
>>68817065
I try to think back, and can't remember if "Joike" is off center on the shirt. One would reasonably think it was, if she started with Joel, the shorter name.

I mean, I could go check, but I don't want disappointment.
>>
>>68817076
I really enjoyed Cinematic Titanic. I wish they did more.
>>
>>68816374

I respect Joel for what he did on the show, but the chemistry and writing between the bots and Mike is just so much better. There's a reason it's the three of them on Rifftrax and not Bill/Kevin/Joel.
>>
Joel:
>Better prop comedy
>Good natured to the point of absurdity re: the mads
>Was really good at subtle humor
>"I know."
>Almost better at ripping on non-science fiction than science fiction.

Mike:
>Delivered lines quicker/more energy in general.
>Better banter with bots
>Better singer
>Made for one sexy Janeway.
>Seems to enjoy pulling apart science fiction in particular

So yeah, my answer would have to also be "Yes."
>>
>>68818405
>>Made for one sexy Janeway.
You're not allowed to know my secret fetishes, you asspirate.
>>
How about Crow vs Servo?
>>
>>68818903
Then we get into a much more crowded "who vs who," because there were two of each.

Also, Bill as Crow.
>>
>>68818903
Which Crow and which Servo?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.