[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people overate the popularity of Batman and Superman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1459624731064.jpg (404 KB, 1533x1529) Image search: [Google]
1459624731064.jpg
404 KB, 1533x1529
Why do people overate the popularity of Batman and Superman?
They're both just boring marysues that that forced down the public's throat for far too long no one actually likes them that much compared to other capeshit besides DC idiots.
>>
>>68805191
>they're both Mary sues
tell that to Zod's snapped neck and KGBeast's burned corpse
>>
>>68805191
>be mary sue
>die
only in murica
>>
>>68805191
>Why do people overate the popularity of Batman and Superman?
Cultural osmosis for the last 50 years.
>>
>>68805244
Did you miss all the jesus allegory? He'll be back.
>>
>>68805327
but superman is dead, theres no way to revive a dead kyrpotonian, once they have thier snapped neck like doomsday that killed superman.

it's fact.

its against kryptonian consol.
>>
>>68805191
Ant man was just another marvel film, except the character's weren't interesting, the action was average and the jokes were meh.

Batman V Superman had more effort put into it's visuals, they tried something new with lex luthor, the action is good to great. I mean it's dumb moments overal drag it down to a level very close to antman, because it still has jokes that don't work, characters that aren't used properly, really dumb moments, and a completely extraneous illogical and unsatisfying story and action sequence tacked onto the end with doomsday, but at least it wasn't completely predictable like antman.
>>
File: b74.png (14 KB, 333x293) Image search: [Google]
b74.png
14 KB, 333x293
>>68805327
>mary sues die all they time
>>
>>68805610
I agree.
>>
File: 1401467193077.png (227 KB, 819x347) Image search: [Google]
1401467193077.png
227 KB, 819x347
>>68805610
>but at least it wasn't completely predictable like antman.
>>
>>68805191
Obviously people didn't want to see non Mary Sue versions of the films and now they are bitching about it.
>>
>>68806187
Yeah, that's got a lot to do with it. Neither of these films is escapism in its purest form - there's too much weight to them, too many consequences, and a lot of people weren't happy going to what they thought was going to be fare more in keeping with what we've come to think of as cape films.
>>
>>68805191
>>>/co/
>>
>>68806372
>STOP TALKING ABOUT MOVIES ON /tv/!!!!!!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.