[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enter The Void
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: etv.jpg (21 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
etv.jpg
21 KB, 192x262
Does anyone have an opinion on this? I'd be interested in hearing people's praises/criticisms
>>
It was the intellectual equivalent of having a sweaty fat guy babbling to you about how crazy DMT is.

However interesting I found the cinematography to be, it was severely undercut by its focus on being shocking while not being particularly engaging on an emotional or thematic level.

Those are just my two cents, I haven't seen it in like 5 years.
>>
>>68803036
I recall similar sentiments. I think I'll give it another go.
>>
>>68803036
Agree on the cinematography, absolutely fucking beautifully shot. I always find myself wondering whether we're actually supposed to feel bad about Oscar or accepting of his fate and just piggy back with him on his journey etc -although literally having had all of seven minutes to get to know him before the toilet scene, I'm not sure how one would relate to him.

Camera work is fantastic, though. Almost seamless.
>>
What >>68803036 said.

It had enourmous potential, and if fulfilled it would probably be regarded as the top film of the 00's by true patrician cinephiles, but due to the questionable acting and less than optimal cutting/progression in story (IIRC Noe lacked the time to cut it, yet I feel it isn't that good of an excuse judging by the result) it only got semigood review, most notable for it's vivid, creative and pioneering cinematography.

As it stands it will go down in history for having the very best title-sequence (for non-epileptics) and being an truly great 420-flick (which was perhaps Gaspars main goal?).

I still give a 7/10 for not being afraid of doing something noneelse does, more films like this is a positive injection for a stagnating culture.
>>
>>68803347
Also I forgot to mention that Irreversible raised the bar, so the expectations I had on it was pretty high.
>>
Please make this cycle stop
>>
>>68803388
>Irreversible

This.
>>
>>68802942
It's not capeshit or Game of thrones so literally who according to /tv/
>>
Any get an incest vibe from the sister?
>>
>>68804738
The film is all about incest imo.
How we are eachother even though we aren't, etc...
>>
>>68804738
Yes. I spent most of the film with my cock out in preparation.
>>
>>68802942
I thought it was interesting. I've never really seen any other movie like it. It tried to do something different and it was pretty successful. It drags at points but overall it's not bad. I haven't really had any desire to watch it again though.
>>
>>68802942
I like the cover art.
I haven't watched the movie or even know what it's about though.
>>
>>68805572
Do it!
>>
>>68802942
Kind of dull

There's supposed to be some sort of philosophical insight in watching a bunch of couples fuck. And also in incest
>>
>>68807287
It's about the Tibetan book of the dead
>>
>>68802942
Great storytelling device to tell a not so good story. Amazing camera movement and fantastic colors with shitty composition and horrible actual lighting. Some of the worst acting and dialogue I've ever seen a non amateur film.

Enter the Void has some absolutely phenomenal elements, and some really, really bad ones.
>>
>>68802942
good movie in theory
o.k. movie in practice
>>
>>68802942
This meme movie is just one in a long list that /tv/ will try to trick you into watching
For example, another is Stalker (1979)
What do you is casually read the wikipedia about these meme movies & you're good to go
You'll be able to post perfectly in threads where they pop up
>>
>>68807418
wow what a retarded life you live
>>
>>68807494
>being this overly aggressive
calm down
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.