[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was this so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: v1.jpg (239 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
239 KB, 800x1185
why was this so shit?
>>
you're shit
>>
>>68802169
you tell me, literally no reason given, thanks you for the incomplete one sentence. i appreciate senpai
>>
I enjoyed it. Laughed my ass off everytime the woman got hit, slapped out a carriage, or had hot soup thrown in her face.
>>
>>68802241
I don't have to establish the fact that it's shit because that's obvious to everyone. I'm just asking why it's shit.
>>
>>68802294
You have to establish how brain damaged you would have to be to have this kind of opinion.
>>
>>68802169
>>>/film
>>
>/tv/ likes the shitfilled eight and man of stool, but hates The Force Awakens
what a board
>>
>>68802169

Its got the same problem as every other Tarantino movie. No one talks like that.

No one strings together that kind of discourse for those kinds of lengths. Its obvious the man likes writing dialogue, but what he writes does not properly translate to film. You get these long stretches where you're wondering A: why these people wont shut the fuck up and B: why someone doesn't take the opportunity to shoot them in the face mid rant. Then you realize its because he likes hearing himself speak.

He even does narration because his rambling character dialogue isn't enough.
>>
>>68802396
OP here; that's a shit reason. If you want to disparage heightened dialogue for not being realistic then writers like Shakespeare and Nabokov would apply. A movie doesn't have to mimic real life.
>>
>>68802514

>that's a shit reason

No, it isn't. It happens in every one of his movies. Characters literally freeze when they should be reacting just so another character can finish their monologue. Its like watching people sitting there reading a screenplay instead of seeing actors portray characters.
>>
File: ME TOO.jpg (37 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
ME TOO.jpg
37 KB, 210x240
>>68802294
ME TOO!

you first. Since I know the answer, I just wanted to know what you were thinking.
>>
>>68802595
Because it's a fucking movie
>>
WARM
>>
>>68802595
It's not the same world as ours. note: hitler was killed by allies, instead of the nazi.
>>
>>68802595
have you ever seen a play? art doesn't have to mimic real life
>>
WARM
>>
BLACK
>>
DINGUS
>>
How did the gang know a blizzard was on the way?
>>
>>68802749
This was the best shot scene in the movie. I don't get the meme that this has good cinematography
>>
>>68803364
>This was the best shot scene in the movie. I don't get the meme that this has good cinematography

wut
>>
>>68802396
lmao that's not why he had fucking narration u 16 yr old fucker
>>
>>68803433
imagine a "but" in between the two sentences. It was a well-shot scene in a mediocrely shot movie
>>
>>68803470
It's not like there's room for incredible cinematography in a cramped cabin.
>>
>>68803535
Which brings me back to my original post: I don't get the meme that the cinematography was great. It even got an Oscar nomination for it.
>>
>>68802294
Lost whatever ability he ever had to write listen-able dialogue.
>>
>>68802396
True desu senpai Tarantino movies are 90% dialogue and 10% actual content, because he's a self indulgent fanboy who thinks he's a lot more arthouse than he actually is.

>>68802514
Did you just compare Quentin Tarantino to William fucking Shakespeare?
>>
>>68802734
>Quentin 'the cuckold' Taruntino is art
How's puberty going for you?
>>
>>68804497
Sounds accurate, he is a lot more arthouse then most people actually thinks he is.
>>
>>68804497
shakespeare was a man that made plays for the plebs. he's considered high brow now, but back then ALL THE KILLING and FIGHTING was plebeian, as it STILL IS. The blood and guts mcgraw that Tarantino does is what makes him Shakespeare, and not something higher and better.
>>
>>68804626
Perfectly reasonable response desu.

Touche.
>>
>>68802169

With every year that passes, I find Tarantino's movies more and more cringe-worthy.

The only one I still enjoy wholeheartedly is RD.
>>
It was twice the length of Reservoir Dogs, but instead of using the extra time to give information about the characters and show them interacting, he used it for snowy landscapes.
All the hype for Madsen and Roth went to shit, they both had like 5 lines each.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.