[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the plebs like it THAT much? I think it's fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Breaking-Bad[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Breaking-Bad[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Why do the plebs like it THAT much? I think it's fucking terrible, and I like most of the popular TV shows.
Do I need to be American to like it or something? Well, anyway that's 50 hours wasted I will never get back. Last time I'm falling for "It's REALLY popular, so it must be at least watchable" meme.
>>
The 1st season was really good. I hated Jesse. Walt grew into a fedora. Mike was great. Saul was good too until he got that lame and boring spin off show.
>>
>not being American

fuck off
>>
Breaking Bad is the only tv show that has put me into a self induced panic for the characters in the show, show in and show out. I think it's one of the best shows ever created, from the direction to the acting, to the story, it just gets intense.
>>
>>68797349
When I asked my normie friends why they liked it they literally said "because its a show a about cooking meth! whats NOT to like?"

Why do normies think drugs are so cool? Not as in doing them, but like, just the concept of them?
>>
>>68797714
Stop pretending you have friends anon
>>
File: 1406889383577.jpg (32 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1406889383577.jpg
32 KB, 300x450
>>68797734
Stop projecting
>>
>>68797778
Its not projecting when its reality young man
>>
>>68797349
LOL, well who knows why people love it so much and YOU don't. I am guessing you don't like it because what?

WHY don't you like it.

you just say it's

AND I QUOTE

>"FUCKING TERRIBLE AND I LIKE MOST OF THE POPULAR TV SHOWS"

Lemme say, I don't like most of the popular TV shows because they're garbage. I like this show because it's more like a movie. So maybe that's the reason.

Go watch Big Bang, and just realize you're not ABOVE the pleb.

You're are the pleb.
>>
>>68798025
Is this a troll post or for real? You write like you are 15 year old kid on his first day on 4chan.

Well anyway, I found the characters boring and acting irrationally and stupid every chance they get in order to progress the story line. Every show does it, but breaking bad does it so much it gets frustrating and old really fast.
>>
>>68797349
>after watching the show for 50 hours, i decided i didn't really like it
>>
>>68797349
>i like being a contrarian here's to (You)
>>
Watching it again made me realize how much of a gigantic dick Walter is

Besides if you have those 50 hours to watch a random show and come to the conclusion that it's shit you could binge watch something really shitty and really popular at its time too like, I don't know, LOST
>>
They didn't really like it that much, it was just that the last season got insanely hyped for some unknown reason. I remember that even when the 3rd season ended I had yet to hear it mentioned outside of the internet then holy shit they are talking about it every day on the radio.
>>
>>68797349
>it's fucking terrible
Whoa, look out, we've got a badass over here.
>>
Honestly, I believe the last season was the best for a couple of reasons.

Namely the final 'villain' was not a particular person who was built up over the course of the seasons (like avatar: TLA etc.) but just a random piece of shit who is a result of the culture/lifestyle Walt has poured all of his effort into for so many episodes. Just some fucking weirdo who is involved in the meth business and has pretty much zero morals / loyalties other than himself. Not to mention 'Ozymandias' is in that season, which I think can't be rationally challenged as the greatest episode of Breaking Bad just because of how many critical scenes occur in the one episiode span.

Also Cranston is a great actor, the only great actor of the entire series - most other actors / actresses are on the range of pretty good to lame. And Cranston gets a ton of acting attention in the last few episodes.
>>
>>68797349
Dude, you are the fucking idiot.
You spent 50 hours of a show that you didn't even like.
>>
>>68800276
It got hyped because it was on Netflix and people binged it all up to the point where it was airing.
>>
>>68800671
/thread
>>
Season 2 was the best overall and the show peaked in Season 3 with that epic "RUN!". Everything beyond S3 was an epic failure.
>>
>>68797349
Part of the sewer of popular culture that permeates our ever so vacuous society. A substanceless work of pulp devoid of any higher thought or spirit that deprives the viewer of his ability to think and dullens his mind. The only particular episode I found intriguing was the "fly" chapter in the third series that delved deep into the heart and soul of the titular character "Walter White", although without exception, every other episode was uninhibited garbage. If you want to discuss proper works of art you should head to the new /Film/ board and ditch the anti-art discussion of "television" rubbish like Breaking Bad
>>
>>68801658
>tfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze"
>>
File: 1451815824421.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451815824421.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>68801658
>>
I didn't think it was bad, but it was hard to sit through. The fact the best character was killed off (Mike) but worst character lived (Skylar) is a spit in the face. I do regret watching it, but I only finished it just to be able to watch Better Call Saul which is actually pretty good. It still upsets me seeing Mike in it knowing that he eventually dies.
>>
Shows that kill off their main character is just bad writing nowadays. Hate going through this big adventure just to have a character I invest in die. As bad as the Dexter finale was, at least they didn't just cheaply kill him off despite the shitty writers at the time wanting to.
>>
>>68802281
Mike dying did kind of seem like one of those 'ooh so shocking' moments and didn't really serve any other purpose. I remember typically feeling really anxious and pumped up at the end of a BrBa episode that season. But when Mike died, it was more like an empty, hopeless feeling. I felt like if the show hadn't ended soon after that I would've lost the will to watch it honestly. Glad Mike's in BCS because I miss him.
>>
>>68797445
>Saul was good too

Really? I found him to be the most annoying character of the series. Bad acting, annoying voice, annoying to look at; people talk as though Better Call Saul is the best thing to happen to television but to be frank a spin of based around that wanker sounds like my idea of hell after having to sit through all his bullshit scenes in BB.
>>
It isn't bad, but they missed a golden opportunity to score the final scene with Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and for some reason that really pissed me off as I was watching it.
>>
File: norrsis_a.jpg (30 KB, 349x524) Image search: [Google]
norrsis_a.jpg
30 KB, 349x524
"I'm a sack trader"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68802355
You're retarded.

Walter White dying at the end was perfectly reasonable because NOT HAVING LONG TO LIVE WAS HIS FUCKING DEFINING TRAIT.
That's the entire reason why he started (wait for it) BREAKING BAD.
>>
>>68798289
I found the show closer to reality then anything. If you understand the characters. If you really have little experience in life you'd find it weird. I understand now why most popular shows are so retarded.
>>
>>68804277
Calm down, aspie. Did you copy and paste this comment from 9gag?
>>
Kino: Mad Men
Patrician: BrBa
Pleb: TWD
>>
It took you 50 hours to realise you don't like it?
>>
>>68804315
Leave, age 7 more years, and then come back
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.