[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is the timeline for this movie? Is it set in an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: apocalypse.jpg (11 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
11 KB, 184x273
What exactly is the timeline for this movie?

Is it set in an alternate universe? Obviously the events in the movie are world changing, yet are never referred to in any of the previous films.

Also, general thoughts? Will it be absolute shit tier?
>>
>>68794805
>What exactly is the timeline for this movie?
in this universe, only FC, X1, X2 and DOFP exist

this takes place after FC and the 1970's events of DOFP
>Also, general thoughts? Will it be absolute shit tier?
it will be really good, despite the shit casting of bald girl, lawrence, and munn
>>
>>68794805
DofP was a soft reboot, they can just explain stuff away by saying Wolverine changed the past.

Except the first Wolverine movie, they're just straight up ignoring that.
>>
>>68794868
>in this universe, only FC, X1, X2 and DOFP exist
Nope.

>Old Timeline -- First Class, DoFP, Origins Wolverine, X-Men, X2, X-Men 3: The Last Stand, The Wolverine

>New Timeline -- First Class, DoFP, Apocalypse, Deadpool, Wolverine 3
>>
First Class -> Wolverine Origins -> X1 -> X2 -> X3 -> Wolverine 2 -> DoFP (Future)

TIMELINE RESET

First Class -> DoFP (In the past obv) -> Apocalypse -> Wolverine 3

X1 and X2 are up in the air as to what happened, but the ending of DoFP indicates that Wolverine is gonna be the only one who remembers the main timeline and Wolverine 3 is gonna be about that.
>>
>>68794868
Thanks for clearing that up.
I definitely agree that Lawrence is a shit cast, I've seen enough of her for a life time.

>>68794871
I guess DOFP changes things, though the film ends with Logan back at Xavier's school, and life is good for them.

I think a better ending to DOFP would be the start of Apocalypse.
>>
>>68794805
They already established that the Fassbender universe and the McKellan universe are different. I guess they'll just shrug it off with the classic "it's time travel, I ain't gotta explain shit"

Looks good, except the focus on JLaw.
They have Jackman and the Fass, but make it about the person of the moment instead.
>>
What do you guys think about Magneto's role in the film?

The trailer implies that he joins Apocalypse, but I have a feeling there will be a generic redemption story arc for him.
>>
>>68795500

No idea, but my feeling is that Magneto turns on him and is the reason he loses or dies.
>>
File: ScreenCap.gif (809 KB, 334x325) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap.gif
809 KB, 334x325
>>68795278
>the Fassbender universe

;__; Does no one care about McAvoy...
>>
>>68795278
>person of the moment
Jewlaw stopped being that 30 seconds after the fappening
>>
>>68795500

Didn't think of that. It lines up quite nicely. Shit.

>Magneto loses his family.
>Quicksilver, another son of his, joins the X-men to search for him.
>Quicksilver convinces Magneto in the end
>Thus Magneto takes down Apocalypse.
>>
>>68795500

>First Class
>Magneto has done some bad shit but joins the heroes only to betray and attack them at the end

>Days of Future Past
>Magneto has done some bad shit but joins the heroes only to betray and attack them at the end

>Apocalypse
>

I'll give you three guesses anon but you'll only need one.
>>
>>68794925
wait, they retconned The Wolverine too? thank god
>>
>>68795924
Maybe to angry virgin redditors, but in the real world, she's still pretty popular.
>>
File: n6iherOXxd1qczumoo1_500.jpg (274 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
n6iherOXxd1qczumoo1_500.jpg
274 KB, 500x635
>>68796115

oh. I see.
>>
>>68796115
>magneto joins the bad guy only to betray and attack him in the end
>>
>>68795500

Magneto's family is killed by non-mutants for race-mixing. So he gives up on Charle's ideals of peace and decides to join Apoco so they can destroy all humans. Apoco reveals he's to mutants as what mutants are to humans. He's just using them and has no interest in being equals. He wants to rule mutants and harness their power for his own goals. Magneto learns Quicksilver is his kid and realize he still has family out there, and that he can still have some kind of legacy in leading mutants. Realizing Apoco is going to destroy mutant brothers/sisters, he turns against Apoco. Charles who's mind had been touched by Apoco, gets a sense of his true power and mind melds with Magneto and fellow x-men, forming Onslaught. Onslaught is a psychic entity that takes physical form and defeats Apoco. Magneto then leaves to form his brotherhood. Charles does the school and rehabilitation thing. Wanting to unburden Mystique, Charles mind wipes her and sends her out to try a normal life.

Olivia Munn dies. Angel and Storm stay with Charles to attend school. Scott, beast, jean, jubilee and night crawler also stay.
>>
>>68796431
>So he gives up on Charles' ideals of peace

It's literally the same thing over and over again. I love Fassbender's Magneto and far more than McKellan's (I think most do), but maybe it's time for the X-franchise to explore other characters.
>>
>>68796570

I agree but that's his character. Charles will always be the wise sage who chooses peace. That's what makes Cyclops great, is that he's torn between both sides. He actually has places to go. From naive youngster to jaded freedom fighter to cynical revolutionary. There's some actual conflict there and who he becomes can be open ended. But there will never be a Cyclops-centric franchise.
>>
>>68794925
You forgot one in the new timeline. The first parts of The Wolverine were NOT retconned like everything else.

Also they have sort of hinted that the events X1 and parts of X2 may have happened but NOT in the same way they did in the movies.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.