[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Mad Max: Fury Road the closest motion pictures have to offer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Is Mad Max: Fury Road the closest motion pictures have to offer as an art? The avant garde styling of both the characters and the setpieces seems to be something that the prop designers and stunt coordinators designers of today seem to avoid entirely.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a case of Fury Road being something of a pinnacle in both American art and American story telling. The themes of post-humanism as well as strength through unity seem so common and reoccurrent that I can't help but see it as, not only an instant-classic piece of film history, but as a piece of art to the world.

Why is it that NOTHING before had come close to matching the quality of MMFR's cinematography and writing? Is the mediocrity of today's American filmmaker because of their blatant lack of skill, or is Miller just among the greatest filmmakers of the world?
>>
yeah it was a really good movie

saw it in theatres twice (but I saw Zootopia 4 times lol)
>>
>>68793033
Oh god no. Batman V Superman is far superior than Fury Road.

Fury Road has no backstory, all the characters are bland, its just a pointless action film.

BvS has not only 10/10 cinematography but it has so many character subplots with so much going on.

Fury Road has nothing but
>MUH ACTION
>>
>>68793033
I'd rather re watch age of ultron than Feminine Road where Max was reduced to a side character despite his name being in the title.
>>
File: 1386039709327.jpg (24 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1386039709327.jpg
24 KB, 615x456
>>68793104
Degenerate furry scum.
>>
Simply euphoric
>>
>>68793104

>this autist who went to see a children's movie four times alone, ruining the experience for kids and their families
>>
>>68793033
>Fury Road
>Art

I laugh at you. All style, no substance. It was a wafer. Unfulfilling and pandering to the lowest common denominator known as society. A few explosions and gunshots here is all it needs to get the plebs dressed in patrician costumes going.

It's all a disaster.
>>
>>68793466
This.

At least someone is awake and sees the truth of what Fury Road is: a bland popcorn flick.
>>
>>68793204
>>68793268
>>68793408
>>68793466
Fucking hell guys, I just wanted to have a legitimate discussion.

Also, BvS was great too, but the Doomsday parts were really unsatisfying. The camera also got away from the DoP during that sequence.
>>
This post reeks of something you'd see on r/truefilm.
>>
Spielberg's War Horse actually. Mad Max was plebeian trash
>>
>>68793803
MY RED-PILLED NIGGAS
WE IS SUPERIOR
>>
>>68793033
It's a modern masterpiece, but can we get some more delicious B&W screenshots up in this bitch?
>>
File: fury-road-black-and-white-cut.png (279 KB, 673x285) Image search: [Google]
fury-road-black-and-white-cut.png
279 KB, 673x285
>>68794194
Google breh
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 236x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 236x318
>>68793033
Can you elaborate on this for someone who hasn't seen the movie and who hates apocalyptic dramas?
>>
>>68794312
No, it's copypasta and I think the movie is shit.

I think you oughtta reconsider hating post-apoc drama though tbqh.
>>
File: DoofDoof.jpg (8 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
DoofDoof.jpg
8 KB, 299x168
>>68794312
>Movie is mostly practical effects
>Has cool visuals like pic related
>Tells the story in visuals rather than words
>Any dialogue in it makes sense in the context of the movie (No one spouts exposition because realistically in the situation, no one would spout that information and no one would care about it)
>It keeps true to what made Mad Max: Road Warrior so good.
>Acting is top notch
>Shots are directed beautifully

Honestly, it is one of my favourite action films. Now, is it high art? Nope. But, for what it is, a movie about people in leather screaming "WITNESS ME" while driving V8s, it is really good.
>>
>>68794514
>>Any dialogue in it makes sense in the context of the movie (No one spouts exposition because realistically in the situation, no one would spout that information and no one would care about it)
I'll give it that.

The camera work had some serious issues and the muh practical effects thing is way overblown.

A solid 6/10 for me. Loses big points in editing and music.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.