[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people out there who don't think this is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Watchmen.jpg (885 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen.jpg
885 KB, 1400x900
>there are people out there who don't think this is the greatest cape movie ever

wew
>>
Snyder didn't understand the point of Watchmen and just made a bland action movie.
>>
File: 1431038885549.gif (1 MB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1431038885549.gif
1 MB, 277x300
>>68775855
>mfw up until BvS' incident absolutely no one talked about Watchmen
>>
>>68775890
>MUH SQUID
>MUH INSULTING SUPER HEROES
>MUH MOORE
Snyder is a one hit wonder.
This was his one hit.
It was better than the comic. Deal with it.
>>
>>68775890
People always love to parrot this opinion when there is no substance to back it up.
>>
>>68775890
>>68776097
They do because it's made by Snyder, so DCfags defend it.
If it had another director, it would have remained forgotten, like it did up until BvS release.
>>
>>68776068
It's not but this is the best one cape movie.
>>
>>68776068
Nah. Once again a case of the book being better than the movie. As a movie, it's a 10/10. I do feel that it would have been better as a TV series, as that would give time to dig deeper into the characters.
>>
>>68775855
its not. unbreakable is
>>
>>68776247
OP here

Ill allow it

I was thinking more along the lines of based on existing capeshit
>>
>>68776097
There's plenty of substance.

>Rorschach's ascent to the comedian's apartment being all slick and badass.
>Making Night Owl's silly costume look like a Batman ripoff.
>Old Silk Spectre loving her rapist because "muh pretty daugher".
>Making Manhattan constantly sound sad and melancholic instead of detached and apathetic.
>Ozamandias looking like a stereotypical villain from his first scene, while also depicting him as a villain.
>Cutting the entire Black Freighter.

The list goes on. It's horrible.
>>
>>68776579
>Implying there isn't a version of the film with the Black Freighter

wow

Your other points are without merit, nevermind that some of them actually reinforce the themes and ideas of the book
>>
>>68775932
no
>>
>>68775855
BvS
MoS
Watchmen

That's your cape holy trinity right there
>>
>>68775932
>GoT tourists think this
>>
File: ray.gif (2 MB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
ray.gif
2 MB, 250x200
>>68776068
>It was better than the comic. Deal with it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.