[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your opinion, what was the worst movie that Joel/Mike and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 620x349
In your opinion, what was the worst movie that Joel/Mike and the Bots ever watched?

I'd have to say The Castle of Fu Manchu. Just an unredeemable mess that even the brief presence of Christopher Lee couldn't save.
>>
>>68770545
>he hasn't seen monster-a-go-go or attack of the eye creatures
>>
I fucking hate Hamlet.
>>
Is MST3k the only relatively long running show that actually got better with each season?
>>
>>68771113
It's probably the only show that had a full onscreen cast change and got better.
>>
For me it was Robot Holocaust. I actually watched it without MST3k and it was a huge mistake.
>>
>>68770545
A better question to ask is what is the best movie they watched? One that if fine to watch without the MST3K crew.
>>
File: DANGER DIABOLIK2.jpg (439 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
DANGER DIABOLIK2.jpg
439 KB, 842x1191
>>68772039
that one's easy, Danger: Diabolik

It's actually a brilliant and hugely entertaining film, and made by one of the greatest directors of all time, Mario Bava. Why they decided to riff it is beyond me
>>
Strange Creatures but it had an even more long and absurd title.

>>68771113
>>68771385
yes and yes
>>
>>68770974
>monster a-go-go
What made it even worse was how it was so bad they just sort of stopped making jokes in the last third. Without a doubt that's the worst movie I've ever seen.
>>
File: Fu Manchu.jpg (18 KB, 431x274) Image search: [Google]
Fu Manchu.jpg
18 KB, 431x274
>The Castle of Fu Manchu

I am shocked at how boring that movie was.

Things happened. There were celebrities that were good or decent actors. There was SOME action. There was SOME tension.
The movie wasn't like The Starfighters where literally NOTHING happens for the length of the film.

Yet the movie managed to be more boring than nearly ANYTHING else they have ever watched.
I am amazed that the movie ended up being so fucking boring DESPITE having actual content.
That's the magic of Jesus Franco, I guess, one of the most notoriously boring directors of the Italian Exploitation era of the 70's.

The only other similarly boring movie I've seen them do so far was Being From Another Planet.
>>
>>68771113
>>68771385

This.

Honestly, I'm surprised the Exec at Sci-Fi Channel that got the show cancelled back in 2000 after Season 10 hasn't been lynched.
The show was better than it had ever been and Mike & The Bots had AT LEAST another good 4, 5 or 6 seasons in them.
>>
File: Space Mutiny Poster 2.jpg (80 KB, 447x576) Image search: [Google]
Space Mutiny Poster 2.jpg
80 KB, 447x576
>>68772039

>A better question to ask is what is the best movie they watched?

As in the least bad? Or the most entertainingly bad?

For the latter, probably Space Mutiny. That movie is fucking amazing.
>>
>>68772783
I think the sci-fi channel went through a lot of changes in management during the early 00's. The faggot responsible for cancelling Farscape also deserves a rope around his neck
>>
>>68772158
I suspect that it pushed a lot of buttons for someone. The hero and the mob boss were both in other MST3K movies (Space Mutiny and Agent 007), it has that Italian weirdness that you see in something like Pumaman, and somehow it ended up being way more normal than they could have expected. Still a pretty decent episode though.
>>
Hamlet, Batwoman, and Colossus and the Headhunters. They couldn't save those movies.
>>
>>68772158
i love their riffs in that movie. they are brilliant and hugely entertaining. i also love it as a classic. why you would not like an ep of mst3k because you like the movie is beyond me.
>>
>>68774886
I never said I didn't like the episode, only the idea of them coming across it and actually thinking it's a bad movie that deserves to be riffed is bizarre to me
>>
>>68774971
i was just shitposting.

you know, on topic: i really dont like the gamera eps. i know people on /tv/ love them, and the mst3k fans as a whole, but i cant stand watching them. cant really put my finger on it, but i find them insufferable
>>
>>68772039
I unironically love Teenagers from Outer Space
>>
>>68775068
I haven't seen the Gamera episodes in ages, but I remember thinking they were just okay. I think in season 3 they were still in the hit-or-miss era, season 4 is when they started being consistently awesome IMO
>>
>>68775478
>season 4
HANDS! THE HANDS OF FATE!
fuck yeah
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.