[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asian Critic defends white casting for Ghost in the Shell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 50
File: GitS.jpg (439 KB, 1280x1276) Image search: [Google]
GitS.jpg
439 KB, 1280x1276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMebg51_LE

What now, /tv/?

Seems there are no Asians who really have a problem with a white woman playing The Major.

So where's all the outrage even coming from?
>>
STOP MAKING THESE FUCKING THREADS

AS IF WE NEED A /tv/ GAMERGATE

INTERNET OUTRAGE IS SO CANCEROUS I FUCKING HOPE YOU DIE
>>
I love Ghost in The Shell? Do I care for this movie?

No. I do not.
>>
>jews
>white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnTovm26I4
>>
>>68767670
*I love Ghost in The Shell.

Was intended to be a statement, rather than a question.
>>
>>68767593
why is it that /tv/ bitches when they replace a white character with another race, but always defends replacing a character of another race with a white actor
>>
File: 1449524345775.gif (2 MB, 360x430) Image search: [Google]
1449524345775.gif
2 MB, 360x430
>>68767593
Stop talking about this fucking shit movie.
>>
>>68767593
yeah cause anime characters never actually like real asian people
>>
>>68767593
Nigger I aint watching all that.
I'd rather watch some 90s screen saver than some Youtuber 20 min blog.
>>
File: 1454941791062.jpg (62 KB, 450x557) Image search: [Google]
1454941791062.jpg
62 KB, 450x557
>>68767593
OP, no matter what emotional problems are causing you to spam these threads I believe that you are still fixable deep down and a good person. You can learn to love yourself!
>>
>>68767616
>bringing up GamerGate
Go back to /co/ or Tumblr
>>
>>68767593
>So where's all the outrage even coming from?

White liberals like always
>>
The "outrage" is easy clickbait marketing

Stop talking about it
>>
>>68767593
From people like you, who keep making these threads because they think there is some kind of "outrage" when nobody actually gives a shit. Keep tumblr content on tumblr and don't create artificial drama over pointless crap. Saged
>>
>there exists such a thing called female YouTube critics
>there exists such a thing called female Asian American critics
>female commentstors are so empty that they are only brought up in shameless threads like this

I don't know which of the three facts bothers me more
>>
>>68767593
White upper middle class women.
>>
>>68768705
>asians barely have any social acknowledgment or political represantation.
What do you mean? They don't need it, they get along just fine. They study hard, get into college, get a good degree, get a good job. Unlike the African Americans. They need social acknowledgment.
>>
>>68768832
you're an idiot

despite all that they don't have political representation, social power, or racial protection. they're just in a nicer box where they're grinded for labor when they have a bamboo ceiling because they aren't perceived as leaders or need to be catered to because they'll just roll over. media representations is a big factor with their oppression. hell you can't make fun of asians and use a blatant stereotype and people will just laugh along. how far will they get irl if this is the norm? just sidekicks and useful nerds and low-power doctors.
>>
>>68768705
There are places like japan, china and korea if you're looking for that shit you commie motherfucker
>>
>>68769176
if you want a white homeland gb2europe and be a nazi there

America is a nation of immigrants where people are equal and have unalienable rights you uneducated redneck
>>
File: 1422174528799.jpg (28 KB, 386x359) Image search: [Google]
1422174528799.jpg
28 KB, 386x359
>>68768705
>shitting on an Asian girl for disagreeing with your opinion
Whatever happened to "listen and believe"? Or is that only true when those filthy colored people fall in line with your agenda?
>>
SCARLET IS THE PERFECT CHOICE CAUSE NOW WE GET TO SEE HER TITS
>>
>>68769284
lol your strawman only works on /pol/

extract yourself from real people where you only sound like a generalizing retard kthx
>>
Literally only white people in their 20s care about things as trivial as this. It's a fantasy movie, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>68769383
How is that a straw man? It's literally a minority telling you it's no big deal. But you seem to know better for some inexplicable reason.

>bringing up /pol/ out of nowhere
Ah, nice you revealed yourself.
>>
>>68769259
>Brought to you by white people
You're welcome faggot, how many chinks fought in the civil war? that's right none, it was all European immigrants, which is what is meant by "nation of immigrants"
>>
File: cercei.jpg (112 KB, 485x428) Image search: [Google]
cercei.jpg
112 KB, 485x428
>>68767593
I don't give a fuck what the nips think. I don't want a fit cyborg badass to be played by a pudgy jew femlet. It's fucking ridiculous how many roles Scarlet gets just because of nepotism.
>>
>>68769417
>/tv/ sees an interracial black male white female couple
>holy shit can you see this blatant propaganda they're literally pushing an agenda
>movie pushes asians aside for whites implying that they don't want to see asians as heroes, leaders or human protagonists
>oh it's just a fantasy movie it doesn't affect real life

kek

>>68769468
>brought to you by white people
you native american blood. who they stole the land from.
>civil war
>being proud because white people are hung up over being racists and keeping slaves
kek

>european immgrants
>blatant racism against irish, germans and french
god you /pol/tards are so hysterical with your revisionist history.
>>
>>68769307
We saw them in the fappening, they were like 4/10
>>
whats with the triggered chink in this thread
>>
>>68769592
I'm not even American and I know that horse shit about slavery being the reason for the civil is false.

Natives that don't do anything worthwhile with what they have deserve nothing but to be conquered and to be uplifted or left behind, see even the han chinese understood that.

>revisionist
It's actually not revisionist the only times chinks came to america was after ww2 and for a brief period west to plunder the natural gold resources.
>>
>>68767726
What's stronger, yellow fever or racism?
Keep reading this thread to find out.
>>
>>68767593
Ha Asians really are cucks
>>
File: 1461069259172.jpg (28 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1461069259172.jpg
28 KB, 450x600
>>68767593
>where's all the outrage even coming from?
liberal crackers and basketball americans

as a latino i'm sick of both white guilt libtards and the BLM mafia

these are the kind of people that got Speedy Gonzales banned from tv, cuz it "offend us" well NOPE we love that little guy
>>
>>68767726

Because Motoko looking Japanese is arguable. Even the creators say so.

I don't think Scarjo is a good pick but a white actress would look more accurate than as asian one. I'm on the side where Hollywood makes good movies, which is unlikely with this one.
>>
>>68770037
Makoto is based on Ripley from Alien
>>
>>68767616
>getting outraged over a post on a Taiwanese fingerpainting board
lmao
>>
>>68767593
intro made me laugh so fucking hard
>>
How can a cyborg body have a ethnicity?
>>
>>68769592
>>movie pushes asians aside for whites implying that they don't want to see asians as heroes, leaders or human protagonists
Or maybe Scarlett Johansson is an A-list actress and casting her was the best thing that could have possibly happened to the movie?

Lel, I love you cuckfaggots who are literally incapable of judging anything without arbitrarily assigning racism
>>
As someone Japanese I honestly don't give a shit about the ScarJo casting. She's fine. I'm far more worried about the rest of the production.

Crying about this is just the usual SJW bullshit probably all done by white people.
>>
>>68769965
Latinos are the second biggest group of suck ups to whites with Koreans coming in first. Just keel over and go mow some lawns while you go on about your '100%' Spanish ancestry.
>>
>>68770393
>implying this is the only case in the long line of hollywood racism against asians and whitewashing.

lmao be a dumbass more

they have no problem hiring white nobodies as long as it's whitewashing i.e. Airbender, etc.
>>
>>68767593
Imo the issue is not that is a non-japanese, but rather that scar jo is fucking disgusting, they couldve cast someone better
>>
>LOOK GUYS A RANDOM CHINK SAID SOMETHING

Are you from reddit?
>>
>>68770413
>I'm far more worried about the rest of the production.
this. Remaking a japanese film which has pretty uniquely japanese themes about it for a western audience is a guaranteed shitshow
>>
>>68770500
>it was whitewashing when one of the worst directors of all time got no-name whites to play racially ambiguous cartoon characters
>>
>>68770413
Funny you should say that, OP's video says the same thing (though she said she doesn't care for Scarlet as an actress in general). Her concern is more about the director/staff and if they will capture the themes and setting of the original film. For her that is far more important than whatever outrage whitewashing could bring about

She also has a video about being disappointed with the 2016 Ghostbusters trailer and a follow-up on Sony's comment-deleting tactics to make criticism come off as sexism only.
>>
>>68770664
>Avatar
>based on a popular animated series with animated asian characters
>GiTs
>based on a popular animated series with animated asian characters
>B-BUT THERES A DIFFERENCE
>>
File: yearbook1.png (327 KB, 580x699) Image search: [Google]
yearbook1.png
327 KB, 580x699
>>68767593
>Mfw people tell me Asians aren't the number 1 cuck race
>>
>>68767616

This

Nothing but a couple of white fa/tv/irgin bitching and moaning about nothing.
>>
File: 1428435729155.jpg (325 KB, 860x700) Image search: [Google]
1428435729155.jpg
325 KB, 860x700
>>68767593
I would like to have seen a black chick cast to see what the reaction would of been.
>>
>>68767593
>It's an American turns to magical people of color for their superior insight episode
>>
>>68767593
That video reminds me of this >>>/gif/8452099
>>
>>68770794
>animated asian characters
what? the water girl was meant to be an inuit or something. maybe a finnish suomi. Fire nation was broadly based on somewhere from southern asia (and they cast an indian guy to play him). Aang is from a made up kingdom based on china but was deliberately made to look racially ambiguous so that western kids could relate to him when they watched him. Based on the viewer demographics for north america they chose a white kid, just like the white kids watching the film.
>gits
I don't really see an issue with a western director remaking the film. It'll be shitty for this reason >>68770566 but it's not as if they've stolen the role from an asian actor, and scarjo does actually look like Makoto
>>
>>68770954
>water = snow asians
>fire = traditional asians
>earth = plains asian
>air = tibetan asians

>It'll be shitty for this reason >>68770566 but it's not as if they've stolen the role from an asian actor, and scarjo does actually look like Makoto

that's part of removing the asian protagonist. hollywood whitewashing literally modern daycolonization with subverting and destroying unique cultural values for bland white crap
>>
File: whites are dogs.png (328 KB, 497x494) Image search: [Google]
whites are dogs.png
328 KB, 497x494
The white regressive left. Today this idiot shared The Guardian's video about how grammar snobs are rich, white old people who are oppressing those without a voice.
>>
>>68767726
This
>>
what do you mean where?

from professionally outraged people who make a living complaining about every single movie/game/etc that comes out
>>
>>68767593
>One minority person agrees with my opinion, that means that minority is enlightened and that I'm right, anyone else disagreeing is stupid and is clearly white
>>
>>68767593
I don't really have issue that the actress is not Asian but the fact that it's Scarlet Johansson is an issue
>>
>>68771051
>water = snow asians
pls find me an actual real life analogue with the water nation that isn't inuits or suomi.
The only culture that was definitely based on china was air but as i said, it was a north american cartoon so they made the characters look pretty racially ambiguous so kids could imagine they were the characters. In terms of the actual film they chose white kids cos the majority of viewers would be white
>hollywood whitewashing literally modern daycolonization with subverting and destroying unique cultural values for bland white crap
hahahaha yes. Im sure japanese people will consume this en masse and suddenly abandon their culture and all wear cowboy hats and eat steaks. Let me ask you this, would you genuinely have a problem if, say, a nigerian director decided to remake the Shining with a nigerian cast? The Shining has some pretty culturally unique interpretations of family, childhood and relationships.
>>
It's almost like people who claim outrage never watched the show and don't know the premise at all.
>>
File: 1402929522867.png (934 KB, 978x686) Image search: [Google]
1402929522867.png
934 KB, 978x686
>>68771165
They're also either Jews or SJWs
>>
>>68768705
You need to go back to r/asianmasculinity
>>
File: doctor_strange.jpg (137 KB, 641x730) Image search: [Google]
doctor_strange.jpg
137 KB, 641x730
>>68771287
What's the premise of this one?
>>
asians are more self hating than white americans
>>
>>68769115
>le bambo ceiling
how about you take advantage of this untapped resource then? employ them in these high positions or invest in companies that do. it's that simple
>>
File: Jack_black_stop.jpg (23 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Jack_black_stop.jpg
23 KB, 512x288
>>68771405
>>
>anime characters look like white people
>sjws become buttblasted when an adaptation is played by white people thus staying faithful to the original
>>
>>68771262
some eskimos are asiatic. next.

>In terms of the actual film they chose white kids cos the majority of viewers would be white

yes appealing to white people means they turned the villains of the film dark too. you're just willfully ignorant at the blatant racism and implications at this point.

>stupid unrelated strawman
oh please. asians are forced to accept white versions of their own material. most of the time dumbed down and destroying the unique minority perspective which you even admit yourself
>nigerian director
a nigerian film probably won't dictate perceptions worldwide unlike hollywood. another useless strawman

stop arguing just because you want to look right in an anonymous forum
>>
I would have no problem with japan doing a remake of spiderman with a japanese cast so why should the japanese or any one else care about this?
>>
>>68767593
The issue isn't that she's white. It's that it's fucking scarjo and literally going to be Lucy 2.0

Not that I care, fucking weebs
>>
>>68771581
Why wouldn't a japanese production be japanese if that's who lives there?

The issue is that not only white people live in america.
>>
File: 1431873261361.jpg (206 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1431873261361.jpg
206 KB, 800x600
>>68771360
>Tfw anyone tells white genocide isn't necessary
>>
It's just amusing how hard the white supremacists on /tv/ are pushing this. They are so insecure that everything in the world has to remind them of their supreme whiteness. I bet if they went to fucking outer space and found aliens they would tell themselves that they purposefully look white because they worship white people and hate their own inferior species.
>>
>>68771641
Mostly white people do.
But then who is the arbiter of who is casted as what? Does every movie have to be a living pie chart of the whole country? To what end?

This just seems to me like a confirmation of the fact that multiculturalism does not work. Japan has a real culture, its people are community minded and aren't divided in groups based on ethnicity or economic class. In the US, people are constantly at each others throats over the most petty shit. Society is dead.
>>
>>68771508
>some eskimos are asiatic. next.
lmao I hate to use this boogeyman but this is literally SJW-tier arguing. You're not making a fucking argument. Are eskimos asian? would you, as (I presume) an Asian person have much in common with an Eskimo were you to meet them? you speak the same language, eat the same food, look alike? No. So stop fucking shitposting and actually make an argument.
>yes appealing to white people means they turned the villains of the film dark too
Ah you've enlightened me. CLEARLY M Night Shyamalan, the INDIAN director, wanted to push a narrative that white people are good and indian people are evil. This was his white supremacist plan all along.
>strawman
It's literally exactly the same. A culturally unique film being remade by someone from another culture.
>asians are forced to accept white versions of their own material
Who the fuck is forcing you? you pointed out that its ASIAN material. If you don't like white films then watch asian films. It's not as if there isnt a japanese film industry. You aren't forced to consume any media.
Okay, if a Nigerian director isn't the same in your view, what about a korean or japanese director? those film industries are very important (so's the nigerian film industry in Africa but you've decided to write it off so whatever). Also Hollywood doesn't dictate worldwide perceptions, if you lived outside of america you would know this.
>>
>>68771803
Oh, and while this is going on the Western world is imploding because so many people loathe themselves and their civilization and want to end it at all and replace it with Islam. But surely it's the Japanese who have self-esteem problems...
>>
ALL 2D to 3D adaptations are fucking S H I T.
IRREDEEMABLE SHIT
THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL CAPESHIT
I R R E D E E M A B L E S H I T
>>
>>68771803
Sure thing weeb, because this is how a typical asian woman looks like.
>>
File: 1461644350416.jpg (41 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
1461644350416.jpg
41 KB, 770x442
>>68771508
Listen, man, do you not understand that the film industry is a business. The point is to make money. Casting a no-name actoe risks the chance of shit returns.

Remember that this is big budget, they are banking on having a famous lead. That is literally all there is to it. Scarjo is whats "in" right now.

Fuck off.
>>
>>68771952
Anime is an abstraction, she doesn't look asian OR white.
>>
>>68771952
She only looks vaguely human desu. Cartoons are symbols, it is incorrect to say that they must necessarily be white because to you they appear white. When you are exagerating features there is a lot of room for misinterpretation, especualky when judging asians and whites who honestly are not that different looking. What ultimately matters is the intention of the artist.
>>
>>68767593
SHE IS JEWISH IN A JEWISH PRODUCTION STOP ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: narutochars.jpg (187 KB, 640x738) Image search: [Google]
narutochars.jpg
187 KB, 640x738
>>68772030
Yes yes, the reason that anime characters have overwhelmingly caucasian features is because of ABSTRACTION!
>>
I wonder what scarlet thinks of all of this.
Bunch of children whining over their kids show superhero.
>>
>>68771431
i can't stop the laws of supply and demand sorry
>>
File: Lucy Lui.png (33 KB, 588x241) Image search: [Google]
Lucy Lui.png
33 KB, 588x241
Why didn't they give her a call though? She can still pull off the nude scenes just fine
>>
>>68772607
Because she's old, weak and cross-eyed.
>>
>>68772607
she's of chinese descent, how would this be any different than casting a white person? I know it would placate the people getting mad but in theory it shouldn't
>>
>>68772607
she's retired or someshit like that
>>
File: 1450836223981.png (92 KB, 300x272) Image search: [Google]
1450836223981.png
92 KB, 300x272
WOW SHE'S ASIAN AND SHE SAID THAT?!?!
WELL THAT JUST SETTLES IT
GO HOME EVERYBODY ELSE, AN ASIAN SAID IT.

This is basically the same problem as just one black person saying something is/isn't okay and it's supposed to be taken as gospel.
>>
>>68772708
>how would this be any different than casting a white person?
they're the same race
>I know it would placate the people getting mad but in theory it shouldn't
they're the same race
>>
>>68772708
Because it's about demeaning whitey, nobody actually cares about cartoons
>>
>>68772789
How many chinese people do you know called motoko? Do you think japan would agree with you?
>>
>>68772739
Maybe from action, but she's in a TV series
>>
>>68767726
Because it's a response to people bitching about "whitewashing". If it was something like Akira then I would agree, completely because the characters all look like asians themselves. On GitS's case though, even though Motoko is Japanese, it's arguable that her body is her actual body and not just a shell.
>>
people who complain about whitewashing are people who have no idea what the story in gits is really about
>>
"the story of the fictional counter-cyberterrorist organization Public Security Section 9, led by protagonist Major Motoko Kusanagi, in the mid 21st century of Japan."
>>
>>68772148
>literally posting 2chan memes
>>
>>68772708
She played a jap in like kill bill though
>>
File: 1424668176433.jpg (77 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1424668176433.jpg
77 KB, 300x360
>>68772786
>Asian person says it's no big deal
>"Silence, you poor indoctrinated soul! Leave it to me, a white person, to save you, because I know so much better than you what you need!"
>>
>>68772854
if it was akira i would have completely agreed, but gits' story is kinda universal and can be adapted fairly easily to any culture/country
>>
>>68772882
Half-Jap, actually. The movie goes into great detail about it, too.
>>
>>68772833
how is that in any way relevant? there are many chinese people living in japan with japanese names so i'd imagine quite a few.
>>
>>68767593
I don't like ScarJo. I don't see how she's an actress.
>>
>>68772969
then i don't see why i should take your comment seriously
>>
File: 1432210074997.jpg (31 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
1432210074997.jpg
31 KB, 400x540
>>68772922
>indoctrinated
where did I ever say that?
It's just stupid to take a single person as a token sample and disregard everything else.
It would be like saying white guys approve of being pegged because this white guy says he likes it or black people are fine with the confederate flag because one black guy is proud of it.

It's not about indoctrination it's about cherry picking the message you want and then trying to validate it by race.
Like when you choose a black lawyer to prosecute to try and make the case against a black offender look unbiased.
>>
>>68772969
yeah she's pretty terrible.
Always the same voice, always the same blank expression with pursed lips.
She's basically a mannequin.
>>
>>68772148
Asian chicks on top left and bot left look like ok-to-good daughterfu material.

White chick on top right looks like high school girl who started drinking too early and on bot right looks like she has massive forehead. Bot left looks like child actress to play younger version of a character played by Olivia Wilde.
>>
>>68772969
I agree. She's a terrible actress and only gets roles based on her looks, which aren't even that striking.

Oh, she has big lips and fat tits. Never seen that before. She's boring, even by conventional beauty standards.
>>
>>68773086
She was pretty good in Lost in Translation. And the major isn't that expressive to being with.
>>
>>68770566
Japan has been westernized since WWII, you dipshit. Almost all fiction in Japan has a American/European equivalent that proceeded it. The major fucking themes of Ghost in the Shell are from Bladerunner for Christ's sake!
>>
Personally I don't think the identity of the person making the argument is relevant. Just because an Asian defends it doesn't mean shit.

I don't give a fuck about white washing or any of that shit. It's just disingenuous to the property and comes off as hack and lazy. Avi Arad is trying to find the next capeshit so here comes Animeshit, starring ScarJo from the Avengers and directed by the cum puppet who brought you Snow White and the Huntsman.
>>
>>68773202
>Almost all fiction in Japan has a American/European equivalent that proceeded it.
It's precisely the other way around.
>>
>>68767593

The outrage is coming from white and black SJW's, because they're literally the only one's who care, because they are obsessed with having and maintaining a victim complex.

The rest of the world doesn't give two shits because it doesn't matter.

SJW's are the plague.
>>
File: whitesinanime.jpg (21 KB, 634x355) Image search: [Google]
whitesinanime.jpg
21 KB, 634x355
>>68772148
>this cherrypicked image again

whites don't have smooth round faces or button noses you're too fucking jaggy to be anime

face it anime looks more like pamyu pamyu then any white. even the ones with crazy hair and yes. they're still look like those kooky colored hair and lenses girls from harujukru
>>
>>68773202
t. someone who has never been in Japan and desperate for his white is right narrative
>>
>>68773202
i always thought ghost in the shell was about the way that right after ww2 Japan was left pretty directionless and all the money that was poured into the military and so on suddenly went into technology. The culture was still neurotic and wanted a sense of direction but the closest they could get to it was technological progress. Might well be misreading it though
>>
>>68773489
pls stop shitposting. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a racist. I think you're the one I was arguing with earlier
>>
File: 1461439489752.jpg (317 KB, 600x975) Image search: [Google]
1461439489752.jpg
317 KB, 600x975
>>68773445
Come on. Even white males have more of a button nose than an asian.
>>
>>68773661
Yeah Asians have flat wide noses like black people.
>>
File: image.jpg (339 KB, 2290x1014) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339 KB, 2290x1014
>>68767593
>they will never make an existential body horror GitS
>>
File: 1453801051750.gif (859 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1453801051750.gif
859 KB, 200x200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZMboev-Qz4
>westerners literally all drawn as taller with a more pronounced nose
eat shit, your "waifu" isn't some aryan princess you cucks.
>>
>>68767670
Not caring about it isn't a bad standpoint.
I mean you neither love or hate the idea of a Hollywood adaptation, which is a 100% better standpoint than autistic internet rage.
>>
File: SCARJO_JAPANESE.jpg (448 KB, 968x749) Image search: [Google]
SCARJO_JAPANESE.jpg
448 KB, 968x749
>>68767593
She b Jap now.
>>
>>68773941
i dont care that he doesnt care.
>>
File: 1460930821911.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460930821911.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>68771803
>white supremacist
Oh boy. I had some many arguments with you about this, and now that even japanese people say there's not a problem about a burguer woman playing a character with a body that isn't suppose to be japanese (big white doll with blue eyes just like the puppet master). And you still scream like a cornered animal because only white supremacist support this ( which I find ironic because even Max Landis supported the casting and you guess it he is jewish)
>>
>>68773489
Akira is literally a representation of the allies democratizing Japan during the occupation.
>>
File: 1460314462521.jpg (2 MB, 2359x2359) Image search: [Google]
1460314462521.jpg
2 MB, 2359x2359
>>68773935
>why are you crying
What is this anon i must know.
>>
this is only an issue for old white catladies.
>>
Fictional white character played by black:

>REEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHITE GENOCIDE, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS TAKING OVER, THE JEWS ARE WINNING

Asian (particularly Japanese) played by White:
>Stop whining you SJWs, there's nothing wrong with a different race playing a character

I don't know if you're retarded or simply evil. Probably both.
>>
>>68772786
Or if a White person says there is no discrimination against Whites. Some of these retards don't even think, their own bullshit is contradictory.

I mean, if they think that all it takes is just a single person of a race to state X about something related to their race to be true, then they should believe everything liberals say about race issues in the US.
>>
>>68772708
Chinese and Japanese are the same race. They're not caucasoids.

It's better to cast a Japanese actress but casting a Chinese one isn't bad.

It's like it's better to cast an Englishmen or Scotsman for James Bond but a non-European Caucasian would be better than Subsaharan African.
>>
>>68771952
Yes and the simpsons look like white Americans...

You're a retard.
>>
>>68769965
But Asian are actually mad about the casting and not just White guilt liberals and BLM. Have you literally been dropped as a baby and thrown at a wall because of how retarded you sound?
>>
>>68775977
>Fictional white character played by black
WOO ABOUT TIME. DIVERSITY/

>Fictional Asian character played by white
WHY AREN'T THEY STICKING TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL SHITLORD
>>
>>68775230
And I'm sure most whites don't have a problem with James Bond being played by a black guy. Doesn't make it right. Artists are supposed to be a little more enlightened than the masses.
>>
>>68776204
but I thought the argument against a white person playing the role was that whites don't have the same cultural background as japanese people so they're taking a piece of art they dont understand or something. Is it literally just ethnic nationalism?
>>
>>68767593
Those are some really, really white teeth. How do I get my teeth to be that white? Maybe not that much, it's kind of creepy.
>>
File: oy vey.png (25 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.png
25 KB, 209x200
>>68767593
>>
>>68776308
Yes, both you and the SJWs are retarded.

Whites should be played by whites and Asians by Asians, mmmkay?
>>
>>68776399
It's the racial features, which define who you are no matter how much cuckservatives and liberals try to deny it.

Culture can be understood by any race, it's just a matter of being embedded into it. Or better, if they're born into it.

Race can't be substituted into.
>>
File: DeJames Bond.png (17 KB, 718x560) Image search: [Google]
DeJames Bond.png
17 KB, 718x560
>>68776332
Imagine James Bond was just a cartoon character who looked like pic related. Now imagine James Bond fans and westaboos getting butthurt that a black man was being cast for the role in a movie adaptation, citing "his appearance is just an art style", and "his name is British, therefore he must be white". That's what weeaboos sound like.
>>
>>68776842
You're a retard, since anime characters don't even look white. Yes, they don't look Japanese either, but they also don't look white.

You're very bad at arguing. Also, Johansson is Jewish, so get cucked.
>>
>>68776541
What about cyborgs who are Japanese on the inside, but with a white chassis?
>>
>>68776926
There's no such thing.
>>
>>68776922
But the Bond character in my picture doesn't even look black.
>>
>>68767726
Because /tv/ is legitimately racist.
>>
>>68776991
He has black skin and big lips. Japs have fair skin like their anime characters and don't typically have big lips.
>>
>>68777043
They also don't typically have neon hair and eyes that are half the size of their faces
>>
The Major isn't the problem. Her body is artificial. Not being Asian adds to her alienness in Japan.

The problem is if they whitewash everyone else.
>>
>>68777043
His skin is brown, like everyone else's is. There's no such thing as black skin. And white people can have big lips too.
>>
>>68777070
Neither do whites. Like I said, anime characters don't look Japanese or white. But they're about Japanese people.

Your shitty picture which you desperately used since you're too retarded to come up with an argument is a false equivalency. Since the features portrayed that differentiate it from other races are only exclusives to blacks.

>>68777121
Whites rarely have big lips. Not everyone's skin is brown, retard.
>>
>>68776541
I agree completely. Motoko isn't Japanese besides her name though.
>>
>>68776956
What does that matter? Acting is just pretending.
>>
File: asiannn.jpg (253 KB, 800x976) Image search: [Google]
asiannn.jpg
253 KB, 800x976
>>68773661
totally wrong.
>>
>>68777234
Nope, she's Japanese, in name, ethnicity, culture, and everything.

This thread reminds me of American blacks claiming Ancient Egyptian were black. Albeit what they're doing is worse, many here are still doing things for the same reason: They lack culture.
>>
>kikewashed
ftfy
>>
File: asianwomen.jpg (1 MB, 1928x2800) Image search: [Google]
asianwomen.jpg
1 MB, 1928x2800
>>68771952
Fucking weebs man, don't they realize only whites have naturally purple hair and tennis ball sized eyes?
>>
>>68777290
Ok all those intangible things except her appearance. Which is typically the #1 thing that matters when casting for a live action movie.
>>
>>68777354
No, apparence matters a lot since the dawn of humanity. You cannot remove race, no matter how hard you try. Apparence mattered in Ancient India, when lighter skinned people ruled. It mattered a lot throughout the 18th-19th century. And it matters still to this day.

Also Johansson is a talentless hack so your opinion doesn't make sense.
>>
>>68777351
Considering how much facial hair caucasian women can get, it seems pretty insulting to liken them to Asian females.

They are the most masculine looking next to black women.
>>
But she isn't white she's Jewish.
>>
>>68777186
Mexicans, middle east people and finally people from italy and greece have a brown skin tone. Filipos are also brown as fuck they look like mexican gooks
>>
>>68777275
Why are you posting white-looking anime girls next to gooks?
>>
File: kek.jpg (345 KB, 1537x609) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
345 KB, 1537x609
>>68777351
>cherry picking, the image.
>>
File: animee.jpg (75 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
animee.jpg
75 KB, 500x374
>>68777732
>white looking
>anime girls

u wot?
>>
>>68777820
Westerners in my Japan?
>>
File: whitevsasian.jpg (89 KB, 837x598) Image search: [Google]
whitevsasian.jpg
89 KB, 837x598
>>68777789
>It's only cherrypicking when you do it!

back to tumblr, white roastie.
>>
File: 1461513790406.jpg (398 KB, 1275x619) Image search: [Google]
1461513790406.jpg
398 KB, 1275x619
>>68776332
Pretty sure Bond body is from a scottish man. Unlike Makoto that can change to different body when she wants, she could be using a japanese model or even a mexican model if she wanted.
Her default body on the movie is a really generic one, white woman with blue eyes and black hair, which is meant to be quite similar to the body of the puppet master(white woman with pale eyes and hair). And her body not being what it defines her is an important point of the plot
>>
>>68777626
>italy and greece have a brown skin tone
They don't.

>Mexicans, middle east people
That's not everyone. And most Middle Eastern are olive skinned and not brown like Subsaharan Africans.

>Filipos are also brown
They're not as brown as you think. They're olive skinned.

Also, my statement contained a conjunction. It's not just looking black in skin color but also the nose, big mouths, and hair.

Your shitty arguments look a lot like the WE WUZ KINGS argument afrocentrist make when they steal Egyptian history by claiming some Africans have that skin tone. Well, no shit. But they don't have the rest of the features.
>>
>>68777876
>she could be using a japanese model or even a mexican model if she wanted.
She doesn't use a Mexican model. She uses Japanese.

Race is an identity. People typically would choose a cyborg that has an appearance of their race, unless they're mentally ill like transgenders.

>really generic one
>white woman with blue eyes and black hair,
Nothing generic about a minority, and yes whites are a minority not only in Japan but also in the world.

>And her body not being what it defines her is an important point of the plot
Not to the point of changing race.
>>
The whole SJW culture has been build around getting offended on someone else's behalf without asking them for opinion first.
>>
File: Asian everyman.jpg (196 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
Asian everyman.jpg
196 KB, 427x640
>>68777872
Calm down hairy yellow roastie.
>>
>>68778013
So like the same culture they've been born into...
>>
Who cares what asians think? We're white, so we matter the most.
>>
>>68777481
I'm not defending Scarjo, she's shit, but a white actor has closer likeness to 1995 Mokoto.
>>
File: animepro.jpg (245 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
animepro.jpg
245 KB, 960x720
>>68777872
Kek look at this triggered weeb. I bet you've never even touched an asian women before. Even ugly flat face mongoloid women find dweebs like you hideous.
>>
>>68777005
Maybe you don't belong on /tv/ my plebbit friend.
>>
File: asian woman meets white man.jpg (115 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
asian woman meets white man.jpg
115 KB, 467x700
>>68778126
jokes on you, I'm literally married to one. :^)
>>
>>68778081
>fuck logic and go Ad Hominem mentality.

>>68778085
Nope. Rinko Kikuchi looks most closer to the role, with a few adjustments (which would be needed for anyone playing any cyborg anyway) .

>>68778126
>t. black on white porn is the best
>>
>>68777877
A great part of latin america and a part of middle east people are brown like you said.
Filipo people also fall under that category, unlike greeks and italian people like you said. Those are olive tone and I accept my mistake in the regard
>>
File: Rinko-Kikuchi-2[1].jpg (470 KB, 1813x1111) Image search: [Google]
Rinko-Kikuchi-2[1].jpg
470 KB, 1813x1111
>>68778176
You're actually just deluding yourself if you think Motoko's profile was close to this. And, 1995 Motoko has pale blue eyes.
>>
>>68772148
>Again the "lets pick models for westerners and average girls and school photo albums for Asians"
Well, gee nice control group
>>
>>68778002
You seems to ignore one of the main plots and you are still believing her body is japanese even when all the evidence points on the contrary.
I have to say you are really delusional about this, but for what I saw in all this threads and previous discussions isn't going to change your opinion.
>>
>>68778303
>models
those are rather average white girls
>>
File: anime_pro.png (261 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
anime_pro.png
261 KB, 512x512
>>68778172
Jacking off to cartoons doesn't count as being married, you're fooling no one but yourself here weeb.
>>
>>68778214
The skin color is where the similarity stops with that picture. The other features are also the hair which looks mostly Sub Saharan and the features.

It's about an amalgamy of feautres, not just one. Yes, mexicans may have the same skin color as an Ethiopian but that doesn't mean they have the lips, hair, nose that they do. Lots of Chinese have white skin, but they don't look like Europeans.

Heck, even fellow Caucasians like Middle Easterners and Northern Europeans look different. The former have typically bigger and longer noses. One has different skin tone
for some. This is obvious and only has to be explained to someone who's never seen people of different origins or is intentionally being idiotic (or maybe not intentionally).
It's the same reason why WE WUZ KINGS retards are wrong.

>>68778275
Better than Johansson.

And it doesn't matter that Motoko has blue eyes. Some Japanese have blue eyes, albeit that's rare. Johansson has Green eyes anyway.

>>68778305
You have no evidence and no argument. Also, you're retarded for denying that race is a big portion of people's identity, probably stronger than even gender.

There have been wars fought because of race. It goes without saying that people would choose a cyborg that looks like their race (if they're not mentally ill). To deny that aspect of humanity, is pure ignorance.

And claiming that her being Japanese isn't the main point is like claiming James Bond being white isn't the main point. It obviously is, it's just doesn't need to be explicitly stated. You don't need to state to mentally healthy people that race is an important thing to someone.
>>
If you ever see a good looking Asian girl it's due surgery, same with Asian girls having any bigger boob size than A
>>
>>68778455
Not him but Asian women are not harder to marry and enter a relationship with, unlike degenerate whites and blacks.
>>
>>68767593
Manufactured outrage gets peoples attention. Its cheap marketing.
>>
Why don't Whites just write their own stories, characters and settings? Are they become so dumb that they have to take from Japan?

Aren't Whites like supposed to be the smartest?
>>
>>68767593
If a white person was endorsing casting Idris Elba as James Bond would you give a shit about anything they say? Why the fuck should I care about random asian feedback?

Jesus fuck, you cucks. There's no two ways about this shit. You either value faithfulness to the source material all the times or you let Hollywood have at it with your favorite characters.
>>
File: Reketta.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Reketta.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>68767899
>"Look op, I know that you just rekt my entire "movement" by showing one of our proposed victims saying there is literally nothing wrong at all with this...
>...But it's ok! I've learned to live with failure every day of my life! Now take a bunch of anti-depressants and psychotics like myself, and smile!"
>>
>>68779195
This. James bond should be playing a white guy and if a white guy approves of a black casting, he's wrong.

>There's no two ways about this shit.
I think the only reason some people in this thread are acting retarded about it is becoming SJWs are right on this issue. It's like they have to disagree with everything SJWs say. Yes, SJWs are wrong most of the time but even a broken clock can be right twice a day. Or maybe they're just feeling targeted because Johansson is supposedly white.
>>
File: qt2.gif (785 KB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
qt2.gif
785 KB, 245x270
>>68778172
>Tfw also married to an Asian

I just love when all these leftist faggots get mad and declare that there is no way that we are married simply because they've lived their entire life beta-orbiting 2/10 SJW thick-framed Tumblrites, and the most they've gotten is to smell their farts.

Mine's a Cantonese, et tu fellow based married fag?
>>
>>68779195
That's the simplest solution for it, but in GitS it's a bit more complicated because of the nature of the character and setting.
>>
>>68767593
/tv/ is just full of liberals and social justice warriors.
>>
>>68779373
All the people arguing about cyborgs like it makes any better are just employing mental gymnastics. First because it wouldn't be making it's way in the plot organically it's clearly influenced by external circumstances. And going further it's not a common topic at all in most of her incarnations. (never read the spin off LNs so I can't say all)

Oshii Major from where they'll leech most from is in a existential crisis, she feels disconnected from her shell. Why would a person in that position fuel that feeling by using a main body from a different race for a extended period of time?
>>
>>68767593
I took a look at this girl's youtube video page. Looks like she has two boyfriends and the same time and the 3 of them are living under one roof.
>>
>>68769115
>they're just in a nicer box where they're grinded for labor when they have a bamboo ceiling

i like you.

whites enjoy the willingness of others that acknowledge their inherent superiority; they'll have lovely words for you as long as you don't threaten their social conceptions as african americans are always doing. african americans, having no centuries old, tangible history with which to relate, would be much farther along if they had simply decided to accept white man's social conventions- but their progression would be superficial and fundamentally averse to their autonomy. not to mention, they would even more become puppets of a network that intensely disrespects them.

asian americans have money, something blacks have struggled to attain due to centuries of culturally accepted images and teachings of self hatred and dubious inferiority conditioning. for white americans, as long as your population remains in the low percentages, your money concentrated within your own communities, and culture produces no contrasts with theirs, you will be heralded as honorary whites. and as an asian, could there be a more horrid achievement?
>>
>>68769478

THIS

is scarjew going to have cgi muscles too?! FTGE!
>>
>>68767593
>scarjo
>white
are u kidding me?
>>
The casting will be the least of its problems

Trust me I'm never wrong
>>
>>68771727
Why get mad when they are like ten times as many gook vaginas as there is white dicks

You people seem to forget that there are only a few hundred million white people in the world and billions of africans and asians
>>
I just hate the jewess
terrible actor
>>
Admittedly, Motoko appears racially ambiguous enough such that she could be played by either an asian woman or white woman. There have been conceptions of her that look far more japanese than she does in the 1st animated film. However, there are things about Motoko's appearance that are uniquely japanese like her hair and other aspects of her character.

The problem lies in the exotic nature of her character within the series. The appeal of western audiences is that Motoko isn't your typical white insert; her motivations and actions are guided by something reasonable yet wholly different from what western audiences are accustomed to seeing. Her design suits the setting and informs the audience of how this futuristic japan comes into being. Fans of the series won't like the substitution given how out of place it seems.

Motoko is also very beautiful, her skills are obvious and unmistakeable given her body type. She's supposed to be tough AND look tough. Hollywood has it's problem portraying characters like Motoko- Scarjo hasn't really improved on its problems either.

Hell, I wouldn't have minded seeing Bae Doon play Motoko- at least her punches and kicks look like they'd hurt. She was so good in Sense8.
>>
File: bae-doona.jpg (154 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
bae-doona.jpg
154 KB, 600x412
>>68782582

bae doona
>>
>>68782728
hmm too gooky for me
>>
>>68767593
Scarlet is half white half asian
what is the problem?
>>
>>68767593
it comes from people who wont even watch it. people who hate the source material. people who call others weeb as a insult

its just like the "outrage" about sana getting fucked. if your mad about that i dont see how you made it past season 1 of GOT. i mean dany gets fucked in the ass and it doesnt cut to reeks face 3 seconds in
>>
>>68782728
1. She's Korean, that would make Japan mad
2. She isn't very attractive
>>
>>
>>
>>68782967
>she isn't very attractive

but neither is scarjo
>>
>>68767593
>Pleb in the Shell
who gives a shit
>>
>>
>>
>>68783051
>>68783098
>>68783187
What fucking trash
>>
>>68783158
touché
>>
>>68783051
looks like she didn't intend to get wet but played it off
>>
>>68768705
How do you betray a race?

Fucking collectivist.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.