[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'some of the things people have said about me online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: lucas-sad.jpg (138 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
lucas-sad.jpg
138 KB, 720x480
>'some of the things people have said about me online are horrendous. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy'

Are you one of those people /tv/?
>>
Unironically who?

is that the guy who wrote GoT?
>>
i bitch about shit films. not the filmmaker
>>
Nah, Lucas is pretty good, fuck the haters.
>>
Lucas hasn't used the Internet since The Phantom Menace, champ.
>>
I talk shit about the prequels all the time because they're objectively shit movies, but i'm not an autistic retard who can't separate the man from the work like a lot of you.
>>
File: 1431379127190.jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
1431379127190.jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xN6IdhTQ7A
>>
>>68759847
nah boo, that's George Lucas, creater of star wars
>>
It's almost like the man not only shit all over the series with his incompetency while surrounding himself with yes men, but he then went back and retroactively shat all over the original movies by changing them to be more in line with his "vision" and never releasing the originals at better than DVD quality.

The guy deserves to be stabbed to death in a park for crimes against an artform. I'd think he was just a joke of a director if he actually released the movies he's hoarding out of pure jealousy.
>>
>>68760611
>creater of star wars
never seen it.

is it good?
>>
>>68759816
Well. He is his worst enemy. So.
>>
>>68760641
Really went downhill after the guy playing Spock died
>>
>>68759816
What is he so upset about? Jar jar? His absence of a neck?
>>
>you will never bully the creator of one of the worlds largest franchises out of the information age.
>>
>>68760522
Based as fuck.
>>
>>68760522
Based. The prequels taste so sweet these days.
>>
>>68763219
speak for yourself famalam
>>
Tbh Lucas seems pretty cool and had some great ideas. His original ideas for the OT were insane, like Jodorowksy tier stuff.

That being said, the prequels still aren't good and I still resent Crystal Skull (although that clearly wasn't all his fault)
>>
Yeah I find it weird how crazy people get. I mean even if you don't like Star Wars, there's literally no reason to wish death on the person who created it simply because it wasn't to your tastes.
It's freakishly high level autism.
>>
Look, the prequels suck as movies. As weird extended universe wankery, they are serviceable, but the plots make no sense, there is comic relief for no reason, and everything looks fakey. George's best work is when he has someone to center him, to tell him "no, that doesn't work, we can't do it that way." None of these are controversial opinions, I know.

I don't think he deserves to die or anything as dumb as that. I was never that emotionally invested in Star Wars to begin with, and it blows my mind that some people are so bunched up about a director making bad sequels to his hit film series that they think that warrants bodily harm.

He just made a mess and shouldn't be given that much creative freedom again.
>>
>>68759816
Probably.
>>
>>68759816

No because I don't take my space operas seriously.
>>
>>68765031
I've never met a person who despises Lucas for the prequels. All of them despise him because he refuses to release the original versions of the old movies in a modern format.

The prequels are just a shit cherry on a cake made of shit.
>>
>>68760450
Put down the mayonnaise jar kid, you're getting delusional
>>
>>68760522
i have absolutely nothing against him. he fucked up some stuff about the prequels, so what. he still gave us the original trilogy and indiana jones. i did not see and i will never see the new disney movies.
>>
>>68759816
possibly. if I were George Lucas I probably wouldn't want to be reminded of how I used to be a promising young director
>>
>>68765168
>look up "fanboy" in the dictionary
>run finger down the page

Oh look it's a picture of (you)
>>
>wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy

jesus christ, what an overdramatic faggot
>>
>>68765324
Older people grew up without the internet in a completely different time where controversial statements weren't the normal thing to read and were actually scandalous.
>>
>>68765370
>im used to people sucking up to me wtf is this bullshit.
>>
>>68760514
explain 99.9% of the shit on wookiepedia, then.
>>
File: SW poor bastards.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SW poor bastards.webm
3 MB, 640x360
N-no...
>>
>>68760521
>separate the man from the work
How do you do that when the man had absolute creative control?
>>
File: LOAswDune.jpg (137 KB, 755x1260) Image search: [Google]
LOAswDune.jpg
137 KB, 755x1260
>>68760522
LUCAS IS A HACK
>>
problem is that hollywood is the house and the house always wins

these guys burnout so fast because you simply can't sustain that fight/fire into old age

happens to them all:

welles, coppola, lucas, etc.

one blunder and you're fucked
>>
>>68765168
If lucas had the same level of creative control over the OT as he did over the PT, there would not have been a PT. Or an OT.
>>
>>68759816
oof, who let this poor man use the internet?
>>
>>68765480
>read the book
>paul is 14 in that scene
>hes 16 at the end

The only thing lynch got right was Alia. But he almost got her so right it makes up for everything else.
>>
He really has a well-groomed beard.
>>
People harbour hat towards the man for holding the original theatrical cuts of the OT hostage and refusing to remaster the ORIGINAL audio and video for the Bluray format.

That is all anyone ever wanted and if Disney were smart they would get them out there while the Iron is hot off the back of their "New IP".
>>
File: IveSeenThings.jpg (21 KB, 236x328) Image search: [Google]
IveSeenThings.jpg
21 KB, 236x328
>>68765535
The Complete Sage ain't so bad.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gC0Ff-VBk
>>
File: star wars collage.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1261) Image search: [Google]
star wars collage.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1261
Didn't the troublesome productions of the OT cause his marriage to fall apart? He took a long break from Star Wars after that.

16 years later he goes to make the Star Wars movie with the all rescources and creative control he wished he had back in 1977, but it turns out to be garbage. Who knows if it was a heartfelt project, or that he wanted to sell more toys. The quality of TPM would suggest the latter, but I think he put a bit of heart into the project. He's just a bad filmmaker on his own.

I think he's so jaded with Star Wars that he doesn't give a shit anymore, really. I mean, some of the special edition changes are just so stupid, that he must have been doing it out of spite.

Star Wars has taken so much control over George Lucas' life, but whatever. The man has sold off his franchise for a billion dollars, and goes to watch motor sport shows nowadays.
>>
>>68765578
>That is all anyone ever wanted and if Disney were smart they would get them out there while the Iron is hot off the back of their "New IP".

The problem is that the distribution rights are all fucked up. Fox owns the physical distribution rights for the original film in perpetuity because they financed the film. The other five are still owned by them until 2020. Disney would have to buy the rights to the original film in order to re-release an original cut of the films
>>
>>68765665

Disney own now own Lucas Arts and the Star Wars IP and all future movie rights and distribution rights.

If I were them, I'd seriously consider trying to get the full house. What the fuck is Fox going to do with the ANH? Absolutely nothing.
>>
Well to Holywood's credit, if it wasn't the studios pressuring Lucas to produce a watchable movie both Star Wars and American Graffiti might have ended up unwatchable like THHX or Red Tails.
>>
File: starWars.jpg (192 KB, 1600x668) Image search: [Google]
starWars.jpg
192 KB, 1600x668
>>68766364
Han Solo is a mechanic, a grease monkey, the sterotypical racer guy from the 50's or 60's.
>>
>>68759816

>caring about what the internet says

have fun with that.
>>
>>68766661
wait isnt chewbacca the mechanic.
>>
>>68766808
Chewbacca is a Struweltpeter to make Ford look better, and get extra lines.
>>
File: do it all in post.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
do it all in post.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>68760450
Howard the Duck
Red Tails

Good?
>>68765405
Other autists.
>>
>>68766705
George has always been obsessed with his legacy because deep down he knows he's not really the sole creator of Star Wars. He's always resented that the movies he had the least amount of creative involvement in were the movies people loved the most. The prequels, which were entirely him, were loathed by most everyone and that's made him bitter.

plus he's sterile and is a genetic dead end
>>
No. I'm a Lucas sympathizer. Try putting yourself in his shoes. You're a young guy in the Seventies, with a fucking wild idea for movie that is pure entertainment. It doesn't matter whether you think it's going to impact cinematic history or not, but it does, and now you have to make sequels, but whatever you do, don't fuck up the most bankable franchise in existence. Tthen you've got a long-term plan for prequels, and a point in history when you think technology will be capable of doing them justice. You have decades to prepare, but you can't help but get carried away with the minor details, with trying so hard to make it perfect, perfect for the deserving fans, that you lose sight of the bigger picture. Your perfectionism extends into the OT, releasing remastered versions with shit thrown in all over the screen. What am I doing wrong? It won't get perfect... I created Star Wars, so I must be a talented director. Why can't I repeat magic?
>>
>>68760522
why have i never seen this fucking based!
>>
>>68767204
The problem here is that George never acknowledged that a lot of what made Star Wars great came from other people. His bitterness from being bossed around by producers on THX and American Graffiti turned him into a narcissist who thought he was a creative genius who could do no wrong.

The very fact that he thought Empire and Jedi were "his" even though he was just a producer on those movies shows how much of a hypocrite he is
>>
>>68767204
>Tthen you've got a long-term plan for prequels, and a point in history when you think technology will be capable of doing them justice. You have decades to prepare, but you can't help but get carried away with the minor details, with trying so hard to make it perfect, perfect for the deserving fans, that you lose sight of the bigger picture.
Have you not seen the documentary? He knocked out the script for Episode 1 in an afternoon or two.

He's a guy who is completely incompetent somehow being mistaken for an actual director, and it takes the world 20 years of "Lucas we love you" for it to all come crashing down with the prequels.
>>
>>68767204
George Lucas and Fox undercut Jorodowsky's Dune, and Lynch's Dune.

There's nothing creative about stealing other peoples life works and cashing in on it.

But you people use Apple and Facebook, so why should I even bother.

Literally Scum of the Earth.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 500x390
>>68767204
Yeah, the CG in the original Jurassic Park lit a fire under him, and he got carried away, using the same technology without animatronics...

Star Wars became CG, and then Power Rangers.

http://youtu.be/_pRQ5T6QLNY
>>
>>68759816
Fuck no.

I'd rather have George make another set of movies the same quality as the prequels instead of the shit we got with fucking Jar Jar Abrahms.
Fuck TFA.
>>
I mean sure Jorge is definitely on the spectrum but i don't shittalk the guy every day.
>>
File: theMelange.jpg (14 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
theMelange.jpg
14 KB, 400x220
>>68768467
VIII is filming in Dingle, Ireland next month, they've been planning the shot for months now, the production team rented a local hotel to house the Unit, the price they're paying the Hotel is more than it was bought for.

I have insider knowledge, kek,
>>
>>68760450
https://youtu.be/2jzZOgLH4KU

you sure about that?
>>
>>68766919
:(
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.