[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to tell me why this isn't the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: the-road-warrior-poster.jpg (138 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-road-warrior-poster.jpg
138 KB, 800x1200
You have 10 seconds to tell me why this isn't the greatest action movie of all time, /tv/.
>>
Because Fury Road is better than it in every conceivable way, and that isn't even the best action movie ever made.
>>
>>68751638
no flame thrower guitar
>>
>>68751638

Because Hard Target and is the greatest.
>>
>>68751638
pacing, hasn't aged well :/
they should do a remake
>>
File: the-humungus-resplendent.jpg (70 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
the-humungus-resplendent.jpg
70 KB, 1000x668
Why would I?

>>68751902
End yourself ADHD faggot
>>
File: 1461632105278.jpg (3 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
1461632105278.jpg
3 MB, 2480x3508
Because it isn't this.
>>
I don't remember the poster calling it Mad Max 2.

I remember it just saying "The Road Warrior"
>>
File: chuck1.jpg (84 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
chuck1.jpg
84 KB, 445x600
That's not Invasion USA.
>>
>>68753293
It was released in America as The Road Warrior because no one in America knew who the fuck Mad Max was.
>>
>>68751638
I watched Road Warrior and Fury Road a while ago, the former for the first time.

I'll say this: Road Warrior kicks ass at developing an interesting society and the ragtag group of fucks that live in that society. As a product of it's time, I can also say that the car chases were damn impressive.

Visually though, Fury Road blows it out of the fucking water. Even though they share the same sort of visual language (see the Legacy trailer for Fury Road to learn more) Fury Road is fucking aces at keeping your eyeballs glued to the screen. Maybe it's just that modern polish that gives it the edge visuals-wise.
>>
>>68751638
because Last Action Hero exists
>>
File: Mad-Max-Poster.jpg (360 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max-Poster.jpg
360 KB, 1000x1500
>>68751962
>Mad Max 2 fan calling somebody an ADHD faggot
You're all shit. And the best pure action movies probably come out of Hong Kong. Jackie Chan in his prime was fucking unstoppable, not to mention Sammo Hung, Yun-Fat Chao, they're too good.
>>
>>68753638
fuck off chink.
>>
File: hard_boiled_poster.jpg (349 KB, 1118x1600) Image search: [Google]
hard_boiled_poster.jpg
349 KB, 1118x1600
>>68751638
Because we have Hard Boiled
>>
>>68753686
They make better action movies and you know it. What does America have? Their best was probably John Carpenter but nobody there even appreciated him now he's a retired pothead. And the GOAT American action movies were directed by a Dutchman, can't forget that either.
>>
>>68751718
this except it's the best action movie
>>
>>68753545
>Visually though, Fury Road blows it out of the fucking water.

Fury Road is obviously not Australia and is over processed to death, it's like a parody of orange/blue coloring except it's sincere.
>>
>>68753800
Oh bull fucking shit.

That honor goes to Die Hard and you fucking know it.
>>
>>68753831
To be fair, that was by design. Miller said something about wanting to either have it be supersaturated or black and white. None of that washed out Book Of Eli shit.
>>
Because Robocop Director's Cut exists.
>>
>>68753722
I like a lot of John Woo's other stuff more. The Killer and even A Better Tomorrow were more enjoyable for me. I think that the plot's were handled a lot better so the stakes behind the fights were a lot higher, and also the protagonists weren't as godmode in them. The fight in the middle of Hard Boiled is GOAT though. When both sides are criminals nobody has plot armour and things could just go nuts. That warehouse scene is one of my favourite action setpieces.
>>
>>68753740
>tfw China keeps eating up Michael Bay's shit

Decent director, but man that nigga picks the worst stories.

Pain and Gain was fucking great though. Literally the summer blockbuster version of Fargo.
>>
>>68753953
I agree here. Like Armond White says Bay can put together some great spectacle, but goddamn, why does he have to keep making 3 hour long US MUHREENS battles? They aren't entertaining, no matter who's in charge.
>>
>>68753884

I wish that rumored black-and-white version had come to pass, I didn't like the movie a whole lot but that would look a hell of a lot more visually interesting.
>>
>>68753722
Man he shot a lot of people in that movie.
>>
>>68751638
objectively worse than Beyond the Thunderdome
>>
>>68753833
Yes, with Die Hard: With a Vengeance as a close second.
>>
>>68754394

It still has one of the highest bodycounts ever if you disregard war epics.
>>
>>68751638
Sam Peckinpah wasn't involved.
>>
>>68754430
That's an extremely unpopular opinion for a reason.
>>
>>68751638
Not even the best mad max
>>
>>68751718
Go back to tumblr
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.