[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished watching this. The turnaround after the raptors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: jurassicworldlogo.png (968 KB, 1170x793) Image search: [Google]
jurassicworldlogo.png
968 KB, 1170x793
So I just finished watching this.

The turnaround after the raptors were released was a nice touch. Honestly should've seen that coming but all throughout the first half of the movie, I thought the Indomitus was spliced with human DNA so that they'd be able to shove the "Man is the true monster" motif further down my neck.

The movie was almost 2 hours long but I felt like it was a rather short movie. There was a lot of carnage and a lot of dinosaurs but there was no sense of wonder you usually got from the early parts of the previous movies. I think they lampshaded that with the "Nobody's impressed by dinosaurs anymore" comment at the beginning and maybe it was the point with the whole "designed by capitalism" bit about the Indomitus Rex but I really missed the part where after all the initial hullabaloo, they take a moment to just marvel at the dinosaurs and the camera swings around so the viewer can do so too.

I think the other part of the problem was the fact that rescue operation lasted like 10 minutes. The kids find a jeep and just skip straight to exit. Every single plot event was a group of guys leaving the base and then dying or boomeranging back. Repeat like 5 times and then we have the final fight at the end. You don't explore the island at all. You have some overhead shots of the Indomitus paddock and the aviary and that's basically it. In the first two movies, they go through various sections of the island and we get a peek at what the producers thought a dinosaur ecosystem would totally look like but in this one they just skip all that just to fret about the Indomitus. This pattern of "big bad dinosaur chases the group all movie" that they did in III and World doesn't seem great but Hollywood keeps thinking it's a good formula. The raptors and the T-Rex never chased the humans across the whole island in I and II, they kept to themselves until the humans disturbed them.

What did you guys think of it?
>>
>>68750860
Also apparently there's a sequel to World coming but I don't even know what it's going to be about. Given how the park is guaranteed to shut down at the end, I think it's just going to be a poorly fast-tracked repeat of the San Diego portion of II.

Anybody else feel bad for the Mosasaurus? It was the hero at the end but it's going to starve in its pool by itself on the deserted island.
>>
>>68750860
I agree for the most part, it was too restrained to feel like a worthy Jurassic Park movie. It was fun though, and holy shit I got chills when they entered the original park.

Plus, sweaty BDH was pretty hot.
>>
>>68750985
Not enough camera time on her.
>>
>>68750985
>getting chills from obvious fan pandering

do you buy every infomercial product you see as well?
>>
>>68750860
They ripped off Predator tbqh.
>>
Watched it recently as well. It didn't even feel like Jurassic Park. And I can't believe anyone got mad at the new Star Wars for some nostalgia pandery scenes when this movie exists.
>>
>>68752862
People did get mad

Are you living under a rock?
>>
>>68752889
I completely missed it. I'm surprised no one came up to me and said " there's a 15 minute scene of them in the old entrance center that serves no other purpose than for nostalgia."
>>
So was Jurassic World in the same timeline as the first three movies?

I remembering hearing some talk that it was an alternate future instead of being directly connected.
>>
>>68753095
It did serve a purpose though.

That's where the kids got the plot device and got to leave the park immediately.
>>
i thought it was a decent summer movie, it couldve been a lot worse.

I enjoyed it 8/10
>>
File: doitforzara.png (232 KB, 485x309) Image search: [Google]
doitforzara.png
232 KB, 485x309
>no one talking about best girl yet
>>
>>68750985
>got chills when they entered the original park

literally how? the t-rex was the good shit. if you got chills anywhere, it would be when Claire lured it out with the flare.
>>
>>68756639
Her outrunning it, and the whole silent raptor ceasefire arrangement thing after the fight, was dumb as fuck, but whenever the T-Rex roared was mint.
>>
>>68756533
At first I thought she somehow flew out of the pool but she wasn't with the kids so I had to go back to see her get brutally eaten.

Felt so bad for her.
She was an incompetent nanny but she didn't deserve death.
>>
File: food.png (157 KB, 253x371) Image search: [Google]
food.png
157 KB, 253x371
>>68756816
>>
>>68756749
nigga that t-rex is like 25 years old and probably doesn't get any exercise. BDH with the shoe impairment is probably an even match.
>>
claire is my auntfu
>>
>>68750860
>What did you guys think of it?
That it was dull or dumb if not both most of the time and the Irex being a huge pile of asspulls. Stupid average movie.
>>
>>68756749
The T-Rex wasn't even really running after her though.

After spending who knows how many years in a shitty paddock and being rudely awakened in the middle of the night, it took a while for it to register what was happening and what it should go after.

In the first T-Rex appearance, Grant got its attention with the flare and slowly lured it away. Grant outran the T-Rex there as much as Claire did in World, aka. not at all.
>>
JP 10/10
TLW 8/10
JPIII 7/10
JW 2/10
>>
>>68750985
I cried when the Jurassic Park theme played for the first time. This is the second film to make me cry since Forrest Gump.

It has flaws, but I have nothing but respect for JP4, and consider it a much better franchise reanimation than Hack Wars.
>>
>>68758173
Agreed. Rexy looked malnourished anyways you can see her ribs multiple times and she looked alot lighter whicher is understandable 25 is very old for a trex and it's been couped un in that shit hole for god knows how long it probably didn't even know what the fuck was going on when it got released.
>>
>>68758213

JP 8/10
TLW 7/10
JPIII 4/10
JW 6/10

Pleb. Jurassic World references so many things from the books, which were never even mentioned in any of the first 3 films.

JW was an homage to the 90s gene-hysteria. Sucks to be a millenial.
>>
File: gif 20.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
gif 20.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>68758236
>cried when the theme played even though the movie didn't build up to it correctly
>>
>>68759812
>Bwaaaaaaam
>Bwa bwa bwaaaaaaam
>Bwa bwa bwaaaa bwabwa minorchord
>All hype dead
>>
>>68758213
JP 9/10
TLW 5/10
JPIII 5/10
JW 5/10

FTFY
>>
it was an empty vessel made to scoop up money
>>
HOW DID THEY START THOSE FUCKING 15 YEAR OLD FUCKED UP JEEPS. Most unrealistic thing in a movie about reanimated dinosaurs.
>>
>>68758213
JP 10/10
TLW 6/10
JP III 3/10
JW 8/10
>>
>>68762181
You can fix 15year old jeeps with a piece of ducttape and theyll start almost always no matter what as long as the motor is there
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.