[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm mega late to the revenant party, but I just watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: revenant.jpg (45 KB, 314x466) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
45 KB, 314x466
I know I'm mega late to the revenant party, but I just watched it and wow, that final scene was powerful as fuck. Almost brought me to tears honestly.
>>
>Now I truly am The Revenant
>>
>>68743747
To bad the rest of the movie has no substance.
>>
>>68746031
I thought the entire film was fantastic.
>>
It was not a bad film. It was quite the impressive technical achievement with some spectacular acting. Probably the best role I've seen Tom Hardy in. But this movie was by no means the best work that DiCaprio has done, and he didn't really deserve an Oscar for it. Most of this movie is him grunting and sitting in silence. Which is fine, but it is hard to convey certain things when you're covered in an enormous bearskin.

Very good movie, probably could've stood to be shorter, though.
>>
The Revenant RUINED pretty much every fucking movie for me. The lightning in this is so good, today I watched the trailer for the new X Men and wow, absolute garbage
>>
>>68743747

it is a GORGEOUS movie and tom hardy is incredible

that's it
>>
>>68747545
>tom hardy is incredible
this t b h. enjoyed his performance way more than leo's
>>
I agree, great movie. Leo and Tom Hardy were fantastic. I thought the pacing was fine too, I heard so much criticism about it being slow but the cutting between the different groups of people worked very well. I may have gone in with low expectations but I really enjoyed it. And of course the cinematography and lighting was incredible.

My main criticism is that the flashbacks with his family and the indian camp were cheesy, and the apparition of the wife didn't carry that much impact. I also think the ending would have been better if it cut to black before Glass looked into the camera
>>
>>68743747

AURRRRGHHHHHHHH
>>
>>68745947
>>68746031
>>68747545
>>68747741
Hello r/movies
>>
>>68747319
>impressive technical achievement
People keep saying this but I don't really get it. They had some nice shots of sunlight coming through trees but nothing else comes to my mind out of the entire rest of the movie. And the only performance that really sticks in my head is Tom Hardy's, because he's the man. DiCaprio went full 'gib oscar pls' mode to the point where I found it distracting.

And did they only use about a minute of Ryuichi Sakamoto's work for the score of this movie? When I saw his name in the ad I got excited because I figured the movie would be trying something different but it was 99% ambient nothingness with about a minute towards then end when Leo and the captain guy tracking Bane that actually sounded something like music.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.