[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sherlock is a hipster with tattoos >Watson is a female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Elementary-2[1].jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Elementary-2[1].jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>Sherlock is a hipster with tattoos
>Watson is a female chink
>Moriarty is a blond smirking woman who is also Irene Adler
>takes place in NY
All these reasons to hate this show, butI can't because it's one of the best SH adaptions to date.
>>
>>68739226
Its actually pretty good. You can't do a modern adaptation without also updating the characters. You also have to give them credit for not going down the easy route of having a romantic relationship form between the two leads.
>>
>>68739226
Was getting ready to shit on you but you right, the show is good.

Wish it had a more overarching plot though, that's really been lacking this season.
>>
Make it through the first season and it gets better, The kitty character is best
Their Moriarty is shit
>>
Only seen the first two seasons but I like it so far.
>>
I agree. It's superior to Sherlock imo. The format just works a lot better, and is a little more forgiving.
>>
>>68739226
I strongly dislike Lucy Liu as Watson. They should have reversed the casting for her and Moriarty.
>>
>>68741412

Homo.
>>
>>68741412
i wish moriarty was male. watson sort of works but smirkfu as moriarty is too much
>>
>>68739226

Law and Order Criminal Intent already made Moriarty a blonde smirking woman.
>>
File: 1453511582981.jpg (72 KB, 535x439) Image search: [Google]
1453511582981.jpg
72 KB, 535x439
>>68739226
>watch Sherlock and Elementary
>consider Elementary better
>not a single person I know IRL agrees with me and all think I'm just being a contrarian
>>
File: 1315233446341.jpg (33 KB, 468x392) Image search: [Google]
1315233446341.jpg
33 KB, 468x392
>>68739226
Better than Sherlock.

Come at me, /tv/.
>>
>>68739226
I like this show a lot, tried to watch bbc one but couldn't make it after the first season.
It has what the bbc completely lacks, characters in Elementary have a limit of how much shit they would take from Sherlock, while the one in the bbc show is pretty much working under Sheldon's Rules.
>>
Pretty great that Joan becomes a pretty good detective later on and doesn't just hang around Sherlock.

Also, is the "Mary" character from the show Sherlock a part of the Sherlock books? I really don't want them to adapt the character. Its fucking shit.
>>
Pretty much every detective story or show ever made in the last 100 years is based on Sherlock Holmes, there's nothing special about this one, but at least the others all had the decency to change the name and make the character something distinct and interesting like Columbo or some shit. Elementary is some of the laziest pleb garbage ever.
>lolz let's remake Sherlock Holmes but set it in NY and make Watson a female minority
>awesome the plebs will love it, it will be easy to sell on the name and we fulfil diversity quotas
>>
>>68742500
why does Sherlock have such a rabid fanbase? Shit casting, shit writing, shit everything. Elementary may not be brilliant television, but it's obviously far better
>>
>>68742919
THE EPISODE LOOK LIKE MOVIES
>>
File: iwanttodie.jpg (192 KB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
iwanttodie.jpg
192 KB, 896x504
>>68742638

This. Also, dig how sex isn't a big deal for Sherlock on Elementary. On Sherlock its always "How can you not want to have sex?!" or "omg is he a virgin?"
>>
>>68742938
>Also, dig how sex isn't a big deal for Sherlock on Elementary

If you've read the books this doesn't sound anything like Sherlock Holmes
>>
File: sherlock.jpg (371 KB, 1600x1123) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.jpg
371 KB, 1600x1123
>>68742638
Sherlock is just too little payoff for the time investment, and if an episode starts off shitty then it's pretty much guaranteed to be shit all the way through.

Elementary is more bang for the buck and doesn't take itself too seriously. That helps to add levity to some of sillier episodes, whereas Sherlock just comes off as unaware.

That's why they've had to start doing gimmicks like reverting to the Victorian era, etc. Like fucking community.
>>
>>68742919
See
>>68742855

You can't win with Sherlock fans, they write off any throwbacks to the original as plagiarizing and anything new as pandering.
>>
>>68743260

Both shows are shit.

I win.
>>
>>68743038
I've read the books.

He also doesn't act like sex is that big a deal or make fun of virgins.
>>
>>68743302
You're shit.

I win.
>>
>>68743170
>>
>>68743317
>books
Drug Addict Sherlock Holmes series when?
>>
>>68743402
as in not recovering, obviously
>>
>>68743170
>That's why they've had to start doing gimmicks like reverting to the Victorian era
Well to be honest, that would've been a fucking brilliant gimmick if the writing wasn't shit
>>
File: Fus.jpg (35 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Fus.jpg
35 KB, 600x336
I miss Kitty bros :(
>>
>>68739226
>white man
>chink female
>white female

Absolutely disgusting, where's the diversity?
>>
>>68743493
Lot of things would be fucking brilliant with good writing.
>>
File: Fiona_Helbron.jpg (91 KB, 259x389) Image search: [Google]
Fiona_Helbron.jpg
91 KB, 259x389
>tfw no qt autistic gf
what is the point of living?
>>
>>68739226

>because it's one of the best SH adaptions to date

This is massive BAIT, right?

You're not serious.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.