[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Week’s Worst Person in Westeros: Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16
This Week’s Worst Person in Westeros: Men

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/04/25/game_of_thrones_premiere_the_red_woman_the_worst_person_in_westeros_is_all.html

My normal response to the "muh SJWs" faggots is "Go back to /v/" and even I think this shit is fucking ridiculous.

Some highlights:

>But, of course, it featured plenty of awful, awful men as well. Chief among them was probably Alistair Thorne, who goes full Trump in taking credit for the (attempted?) murder of Jon. He talks about the Wildlings like Trump denouncing Mexicans, telling his audience of Night’s Watchmen that those terrible northerners are rapists, murderers, and even, if I follow his rhetoric correctly, job stealers.

>I’d argue that that a similar vibe carries into the Dorne scenes, where we see a handful of men (and boys!) finally get what’s coming to them at the hands of a group of marginalized women. Everyone gets a raw deal in George R.R. Martin’s ugly world, but men have always come out on top (if anyone does). Seeing the decadent phallocrats of Dorne taken down was surprisingly exhilarating—and surprisingly righteous.

>Generally speaking, this episode left me with the feeling that men are the worst people in Westeros—this week and forever.

>“All men must die?” We can only hope!

All of these quotes are from a man. How does one become so cucked?
>>
jesus christ I thought even the sjws wouldn't like the fucking sand snakes after this episode but I guess they're still stronk womyn
>>
>>68736536
Thank goodness those shitlords Doran and Trystane finally got their comeuppance. Not letting those poor strong independent Womyns do whatever the hell they wanted without regard for consequence.
>>
>>68736786
What I love most is that the article is a dialogue between a man and a woman, and the woman's like "I don't really get why Doran deserved to die" and the man's like "BECAUSE HE WAS A SHITLORD WITH UNCHECKED PRIVILEGE"
>>
>>68736536

>marginalized women

he's referring to the lowborn and bastard born women who were given a place at court and only chastised after suggesting that they torture a child to death

>>
>>68736536
>It's a beta faggots unironically feel threatened by women episode.
Do you really care what women and their numale sidekicks think?
>>
Rather than a day of the rope, we need a night of long knives
>>
>>68736949
Machine Head?
>>
>>68736928
THEY WERE JUST TAKING WHAT'S THEIRS, SHITLORD! Only straight white cis-males can be wrong.
>>
>>68736536
Welcome to modern journalism. Please enjoy your stay.
>>
GoT is walking a fine line with these insatiable assholes. If you don't show enough women being stronk, you get bitched at. If you show too much, then suddenly you are playing on misogyny and male fears or something.

I say this as someone who thinks Brienne is no more of a Mary Sue than Jon Snow is.
>>
>But at the same time I find Doran Martell an imperfect target. He’s hardly gotten any screen time, and I don’t quite have a sense of why I should hate him.

That's because he literally did NOTHING wrong, you daft cunt. You shouldn't hate him.
>>
>>68737149
Are you doubting the indisputable feminist vision of 'Rape & Dragons - The Series'?
>>
>>68737113
Brienne is pretty far from a Mary Sue. She's a competent warrior (and being a gargantuan giantess who was raised like a knight, why shouldn't she be?), but up until the last two episodes she failed at literally everything she attempted. The show has thrown some contrivances at her for convenience recently, but that's bad plotting more than it is a problem with the character.
>>
>>68737149

Women goooood
Men baaaaad
>>
I don't see how the Dorne shit shows that men are bad. I mean, Whatserface killed a little girl, and then killed her lover's beloved family

And they killed the boy with a cheap shot.
>>
I know literally no one in real life that takes slate seriously or even talks about slate. Unlike you retards I actually interact with people too.
>>
>>68737408
You have to do some spectacular mental gymnastics to even come close to spinning Ellaria and company as the good guys. They are literally Joffery level shits, atm. The only difference it's hard to care about any of the people they killed. Not because they were bad people, but because Dorne has been a spectacular shitshow since it's introduction.
>>
Call me simple and dumb, but I cannot see the benefit from drawing social commentary from junk food television shows
>>
>>68737531
This. I'm so sick of this GoT shit. I think I might just fuck off until Civil War comes out.
>>
>>68737531
literally clicks

seriously, the world is the worst place ever, and the internet is just making it exponentially worse
>>
>I’d argue that that a similar vibe carries into the Dorne scenes, where we see a handful of men (and boys!) finally get what’s coming to them at the hands of a group of marginalized women. Everyone gets a raw deal in George R.R. Martin’s ugly world, but men have always come out on top (if anyone does). Seeing the decadent phallocrats of Dorne taken down was surprisingly exhilarating—and surprisingly righteous.

This has got to be satire
>>
>He’s nowhere near as bad as, say, Ramsay’s awful father Roose, who gives a queasy speech about his son being useless if he can’t produce an heir.
Why do people like this even watch the show? It seems like they hate everything about Game of Thrones that makes it Game of Thrones. If they took out every element they hate, Game of Thrones would literally be the New Girl. The New Girl already exists, Slate. Just watch that instead.
>>
>Cersei is a legit horrible person in the books
>she's a misunderstood caring mother who every just keeps hurting for no reason on the TV show
Welcome to 2016, people!
Women cannot be villains
>>
>>68736536
>He talks about the Wildlings like Trump denouncing Mexicans, telling his audience of Night’s Watchmen that those terrible northerners are rapists, murderers, and even, if I follow his rhetoric correctly, job stealers.

But they literally are... you saw them rape, pillage and murder the village of that boy last season. Are these people legitimately retarded?
>>
>>68737906
tbf, she's still horrible in the tv show

and why can't it be both? do you like your villains one-dimensional capeshit tier?

oh it's /v/, so yeah, you probably do
>>
File: 1429410428412.gif (2 MB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
1429410428412.gif
2 MB, 300x264
>>68737113
>Described as being huge in the book, rivaling the Cleganes in height
>Trains all her life to be a knight
>Still takes a beating in all/most of her fights
>Mary Sue
>>
>>68737954
>village of that boy last season
He has a name, anon. It's Fuck Olly.
>>
>>68737954
clickbait "analysis" is basically shower thoughts shit out on internet in five paragraphs

don't expect there to be logic or consistency
>>
>>68736949
Kill those Welsh fucking shits.
>>
>>68738024
That boy is a faggot, and I'm glad his family got murdered
>>
>>68737149
I'm not even sure what the sand sneks wanted from him. That he went to war with the Lannisters and all their allies because his brother lost a fair 1 on 1 battle that he started?
>>
>>68738008
that's not what i said
>>
>>68737954
>doesn't want a tide of awful fucking savage baby-murdering, parent-eating cunts in his country
>just like Trump lol right?
So, are they admitting Trump has a point or what? Is this what passes for an insult?
>>
>>68738109
Shit. My bad, I somehow missed the "no" before the "more" in that sentence
>>
>>68737906
She's caring in the books, too. I've never really gotten the impression that either incarnation of Cersei was pure evil. Mostly evil, and purely contemptible and loathsome, but not PURE evil.

She definitely comes off as pitiful in the last few episodes, but I think that was appropriate given the situation. It demonstrates that horrible people can seem sympathetic in the right light.
>>
File: CvqX08u.png (42 KB, 580x291) Image search: [Google]
CvqX08u.png
42 KB, 580x291
>>68736536
>Democrat voters
>ever

Just trash em, they'll only make you angry.
>>
>>68737984
>tbf, she's still horrible in the tv show
In what ways?
Literally done nothing wrong
>>
>>68738008
She's not even close to the Mountain's height in the books and the Hound is a regular tall man, not a giant. Being as tall as a 6+ foot tall man doesn't give you superpowers in combat as a woman.
>>
>>68738180
Not pure evil.
That's Ramsay.

But she's definitely a very bad person
Have we all forgotten what she did to her "best friend"?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>Jacob Brogan
top cuck
>>
>>68738137
It's funny how in that article all men in Westeros are horrible rapists and monsters, except when they came from the other side of a wall, then such assumptions are just ridiculously bigoted.
>>
>>68738330
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>>
>>68737954
And Mexicans literally are what Trump saiys
Leftards simply hate reality
>>
>>68736536
NuMales.

They want to deconstruct what it means to be a man because they don't fit in to that construction.
>>
>>68738398
I bet the treacherous, anti-statist cunts don't even remember who Grenn was, even when he was dying. Probably had to google Allister's name in order to bash him with credibility.
>>
Please stop smearing all of us SJWs with this shit.

These people aren't SJWs; they are just capitalists turning the news media into mediocre trolling in order to get views.

A real SJW would post serious shit about serious issues in an article never read by anyone because it isn't inflammatory enough.

These people are just capitalist scum, just like the rest of the scum.
>>
>>68738330
>books on TOP of shelf when there is goddamn space left

what the ever loving fuck is this faggot doing
>>
>>68738214
From GRRM directly
> "Brienne is well over six feet tall, but not close to seven, no. Just off the top of my head, I would say Brienne is taller than Renly and Jaime and significantly heavier than either, but nowhere near the size of Gregor Clegane, who is the true giant in the series. Shorter than Hodor and the Greatjon, maybe a bit shorter than the Hound, maybe roughly the same height as Robert."

So fair enough she's not as tall as the mountain, but that guy's fucking gigantic. And if you honestly don't think being well over 6 foot with knight training isn't going to give you an advantage against your average malnourished manlet medieval soldier then you're out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>68738330
FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>68738585
He's a proud showfag, which makes me doubt he's ever opened one of those books
>>
>>68738286
No, but I think one of Cersei's defining characteristics is that she legitimately loves her children. Beyond that she is a massive thundercunt and fuck her to death.
>>
File: 41.png (5 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
41.png
5 KB, 344x326
>these people are paid to write these articles
>>
>>68738726
>you're not getting paid to shit out 1000 words of garbage twice a fortnight
>>
>>68738724
>I think one of Cersei's defining characteristics is that she legitimately loves her children
Of course she does.
It's through them she's able to rule.

If loving her children is one defining characteristic, massive penis envy is the other
>>
As dumb as this shit is, it's not quite as dumb as several thousand posts I've been reading here today. Hard to care when 4chan itself has lowered my expectations of human intelligence so far.
>>
File: tienesdobles.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
tienesdobles.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>68738833
>>
>>68738214
No, but she is a skilled warrior. She was able to hold her own with Jaime and she's won plenty of fights with better men then the ones she killed last night. Granted I think that scene was poorly executed. They shouldn't have been armored, and they also should have played up Brienne's size difference more than they did. Ramsay sent people to find Sansa and Theon, neither of whom present much of a challenge in terms of combat. The scene would have played out much better if she was up against some skinny, ill equipped farmhands instead of fully armored knights.
>>
>>68736885
made me lol
>>68738106
Yep, oh and he's a cripple. Somehow that's righteous. I guess the hate for men is stronger than the love for cripples in SJWs
>>68737531
>>68737646
>>68737767
Good acting, Good politics and OK story? Get off your grey knight horse.
>>68738330
he looks like a cock gobler >>68738543 like this guy, your 'real' SJW are not SJWs just thinking people wasting their time
>>68738813
nah dude, she's always been about the family, she gets that from her da. The point is that she believes the best for her family is ruling. That's possibly the reason she is inbreeding (apart from love) to keep it ALL in the family (too bad about those deleterious mutations though).
>>
>>68736536
I don't understand how even the most deluded liberal cuckatrice could like the travesty that is the Sand Snakes.
Literally every scene with them makes me want to drop the show. Their choreography, their dialogue, the absolute fucking nonsense they pull off, it's all just so bad.
>>
File: 111515.png (747 KB, 1507x966) Image search: [Google]
111515.png
747 KB, 1507x966
>>68738187
>Voting for the right like a good goy
>>
This is one of those VERY RARE threads where I'm more shocked and astounded someone wrote this than the amount I am annoyed at /pol/ cryposting.
>>
>I’d argue that that a similar vibe carries into the Dorne scenes, where we see a handful of men (and boys!) finally get what’s coming to them at the hands of a group of marginalized women.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>68740107
I think the whole idea behind them is to make feminazis think girrrl power and then show them (as most characters) get obliterated.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x240
>>68736773

Actually if you look at the reactions on tumblr they seem to hate the sneks and the Dorne shit as much as /tv/. It's just clickbait """"""journalists"""""" calling it empowering.
>>
>>68738726
Not only that, but these people are probably more functional than you.
>>
File: trummpppp.png (98 KB, 361x301) Image search: [Google]
trummpppp.png
98 KB, 361x301
>>68736536
You realize this is Trump-style marketing right? You say something that's sure to rile a lot of people up, gaining infamy for it and having a lot of people on "your side" bunker down and support you more.

It's why Trump is the frontrunner despite a relatively cheap campaign with minimal direct advertising. There's no such thing as bad publicity has always been true.

And SJW's do Trump-style marketing as well. Jacob Brogan and the Irish chick who wrote this are going to get brigaded by a few outraged /pol/ types, cry victim, and become overnight 15 minute celebrities among the SJW community.
>>
whats even the point of this. didn't the red wedding blow the fuck out of normie moralcucks already?

s6 is gonna be pandering filler for these people anyway. i guess i shouldn't expect any possible danger ever again - which is what made GoT stand out as so exciting in the first place.
>>
>>68740276
>Trystane, a teenage boy and not in much position to affect policy, "deserves" to be murdered because some women who lived like princesses decided they were "marginalized".

>Murder is an acceptable solution to social issues - Slate, 2016
>>
File: 1451012606009.jpg (11 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
1451012606009.jpg
11 KB, 213x250
>>68736536
>>
>>68736536
>look at this stupid article guys
>click on it and give them ad revenue like I did!

Either you're all fuckin retarded or you're actually sjw shills. Stop posting this horeshit; just because you think it's stupid doesn't make it good content here. Fuck off.
>>
>>68738137
>>68738471
Go over to /ck/ and look at any Mexican taqueria thread.
Those people are animals who eat food like pigs at a trough! A TROUGH!!!!
>>
>>68737808
Oh my god that is an actual excerpt from the article
>>
>>68740601
>a girl
>a kid
>a cripple
>a minority
Wow, the Sand Sneks are really striking out for equality
>>
>>68738209
Killed her husband and all of his bastards including babies and started a war that killed hundreds of thousands of people because she was fucking her brother
>>
>>68741253
That was Season 1.
Everything was better then.
>>
>>68738214
>. Being as tall as a 6+

It does when the average person is just around 5'4''

Fucking idiot, everyone but royals and rich people in this books are REALLY REALLY short.
>>
File: 1461096726434s.jpg (2 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
1461096726434s.jpg
2 KB, 112x112
>>68736536
THIS SHOW USED TO BE GOOD PEOPLE.

Couple points
1) Why is Davos not mad at Melisandre?
2) Why is Obara still alive? Is Doran really that much of a cuck?
3) How the fuck does Hotah go down in one blow? Are the Sand Sneks superheroes?
4) HOW THE FUCK DID THEY GET ON THE BOAT?
5) How does Brienne manage to stumble upon everyone she's looking for? It seems like she may be psychic.
6) Will this season top season 5 in terms of pure shit?
>>
Daily Reminder

>D&D are going to turn the nights watch/wall thing into a Trump commentary, with the "refugees" the wildlings being the good guys saving the day from the evil Trump and his wall because it's an election season and they need to be socially progressive and the entire cast of the show did a video for rapefugees welcome

Watch it happen.

Next episode Thorne will literally say "Let's make the Night's Watch Great Again!" or something very close to this

You have been warned.
>>
>>68741923
Hello, it is us. Weiss and Benioff.
We'll answer your questions

1. Davos knows it was Stannis behind the execution, so no hard feelings are held.
2. Doran doesn't know Myrcella is dead
3. The Sand Snakes, like their name suggests, are experts in the art of poisons
4. They followed in another boat, waited until the first docked, and then killed him
5. Readers of the books complained that Brienne wandered around in AFFC too much. So, in order to make them happy, Brienne is now far better at being where she needs to be.
6. We think it's our best season yet :)
>>
>>68736536
Go back to /v/
>>
File: 1460415530417.jpg (25 KB, 422x392) Image search: [Google]
1460415530417.jpg
25 KB, 422x392
>>68742128
Some followups:

1. This is never shown or explained
2. Doran already has plenty of reasons to not trust Obara. The very existence of the Sand Snakes being one of those reasons.
3. Logical but portrayed poorly in the show
4. This is contrived and really silly IMHO
5. Brienne's role in the show is far too large at this point. Killing Stannis and ruining his character was a mistake.
6. Episode 1 sucked
>>
File: 1460739468594.jpg (104 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1460739468594.jpg
104 KB, 620x670
>>68736536
>Chief among them was probably Alistair Thorne, who goes full Trump in taking credit for the (attempted?) murder of Jon. He talks about the Wildlings like Trump denouncing Mexicans,

That's pretty funny
>>
>>68742338
>4. This is contrived and really silly IMHO
It wasn't meant to be written like that originally, but hey, people reacted negatively to the Dorne plots in Season 5, so we've decided fix it up a bit.
I hope you like a renewed focus on the Sand Snakes!
>>
>>68741923
I come from /m/ I can confirm Brienne is a newtype.
>>
File: 1460089477003.png (218 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1460089477003.png
218 KB, 500x374
>>68742486
So your definition of fixing a storyline is to kill off a whole bunch of characters who COULD do something but HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN anything to do. I honestly don't know why the writers would attempt to do a Dorne subplot if they had no real intention of trying. Obara simply killing off Trystane, Myrcella, Hotah, AND Doran doesn't solve anything. Just more dead characters and truncated stories. I feel like the few characters we have left are not the best.
>>
File: smaug.png (155 KB, 976x366) Image search: [Google]
smaug.png
155 KB, 976x366
>mfw women in this series can't do anything right and only cause most of the carnage through incompetence or irrational rage
>>
>>68742612
Market research has shown that the Sand Snakes are favourite among women ages 15-30.
They represent female agency in a world that has seen so little of it.
>>
Here's a screen cap of the article for those who don't want to give Slate their clicks.
>>
>>68742762
>Help us to reduce our dependence

I kek'd so hard, i wonder why.
>>
>>68742726
Female agency is all well and good but I feel it has been misplaced. Female agency should have been introduced LAST SEASON with Sansa instead of having that truly horrific and genuinely upsetting rape scene. I am still seething about that. You took a character who was perfect for empowerment, and instead ran her through the mud AGAIN. Obara is not a good character. Most of the Sand Snakes are pretty bad actors.
>>
>>68742852
You can run Sansa through the mud but she needs to come out stronger, or at least a little fiercer for it. She was abused under Joffrey, ok. She escapes and seemingly becomes her own person under Littlefinger... nope becomes same old abused Sansa under another sadistic man child.

Her character has gone NOWHERE from the first season. At this point I would rather she go out like Kota Rani.
>>
>>68742338
I can answer some questions. Not all. But some.
2.Doran didn't kill Obara out of respect for family. They are his nieces. And besides, Doran would rather deal in peace than confrontation. He's a merciful man.

If that's not a good enough answer for you, then consider this: what would happen if Obara was executed? The other sand snakes, would have to kill him then. So the decisions might have been made for the sake of self preservation.

3. He got stabbed in the spine. Even if he wanted to fight, his body would fail him, and the poison on the blade would act very quickly.

5. Brienne was looking for the candle as Sansa's signal. Sansa lit the candle just before the battle began. So presumably, Brienne kills Stannis, notices the candle, realizes Sansa is in need, hears the search party go out, and follows.
>>
>>68742762
>Brogan: Doran was far from the worst, but he was representative of a particular kind of masculine ickiness that has typically gone unpunished on the show.

What did he mean by this? No really, what *did* he mean by this? Doran's entire character was being the example of a man not burdened with negative traits commonly associated with masculinity. And the sand snakes KILLED him because of this. And in the end, people believe he deserved it, because he's an icki man?
>>
>>68736536
Shit like this makes me hate my fellow liberals. Is it impossible to want more wage equity and protection for marginalized populations without turning into a complete self-hating cuckold.

Wish there was a third party that combined a little social liberalism with a little fiscal conservatism and could offer protection to both traditional values and progressive acceptance.

It's one thing to want equality, its another to try to achieve that by bringing everyone else down to the lowest common denominator.

Fucks like this are killing responsible liberalism with their SJW pandering.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.